Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2016 3:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool we got a new OP song and directed by Toshiyuki Tsuru. Neat

This episode shows some of Kaguya's abilities and I think they are quite something like the transporting the others to the Lava Dimension. Really liked the usage of the OST of the episode during her clash against Naruto and Sasuke. Shit got real this episode for sure I think Naruto and Sasuke also reminds Kaguya of her two sons.
May 5, 2016 4:41 AM

Jan 2015
So next episode is filler, eh.
May 5, 2016 4:42 AM

Feb 2013
So Black Zetsu is Kaguya's son, I wonder who is his father.
May 5, 2016 4:52 AM
Mar 2016
Ulquiorra said:
So Black Zetsu is Kaguya's son, I wonder who is his father.

Black Zetsu isn't human, he didn't literally mean that she gave birth to him. It was never exactly mentioned but I think she created him the way Madara thought he created him. Soon, we'll probably know what happened as the next episodes are filler about her past.
May 5, 2016 4:57 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty nice OP, clean visuals, even tho I'm not feeling the song 100% yet.

Good ep, it was funny how Kaguya just walks by Sakura and Kakashi, damn fodders. I also quite like her voice actress.

@Ulquiorra he's not her actual son, she just created him just before she got sealed so he can work on her revival.
May 5, 2016 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Wow this ep feel like a horror movie. Send chills down to my spine when Kaguya appeared behind them. (((φ(◎ロ◎;)φ)))
May 5, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome new opening, awesome new OST, good animation. Overall, this was a really good episode and it was a good start for the final ar...... What???.... Filler-kun is back?!.... Can somebody kill that little s**t already!
Zura_OrokamonoMay 5, 2016 6:33 AM
May 5, 2016 6:27 AM

Jun 2015
FrozenDemon said:
So next episode is filler, eh.

Actually, they are following the manga story, so at least this filler should be important of some sort :)
May 5, 2016 6:54 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Haven't been this excited for a Naruto episode in a long time.

Great use of classic OST, Flashback to Sasuke taking the hit for Naruto was really nostalgic.

The OST they played during Naruto and Kaguya's clash was epic.

Fillers again next week T.T , Why you do this Pierrot?
At least it seems a bit interesting, I'll give it a try.
May 5, 2016 7:07 AM

Oct 2011
Kuro Zetsu!!!!!!
May 5, 2016 7:09 AM

Jun 2014
Really liked the new OP, as expected of AKFG. I thought it would sound a little more intense but it's still a good song.

Kaguya's past was explored in the manga but I don't think it went too in depth, like all the way back to when she was a young woman. Looks like this is that Kaguya backstory filler that I heard rumors about a couple months ago.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 5, 2016 7:12 AM

Feb 2011
Are they seriously going back to fillers after making a new OP and promoting the return of the story to canon ? I don't even care at this point in time, it's more than ridiculous.

Also I love how Kaguya is able to teleport into Hueco Mundo at will.
May 5, 2016 7:21 AM
Jan 2016
So now at least two filler episodes are to follow. Seriously guys, the manga has ended so long ago, you really don't have to milk it this much!
May 5, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
Yes kaguya back story........ I dont think naruto will be ending anytime soon
May 5, 2016 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
Wow they are handling Kagyua super well. Very good VA, and I just love her character design. Art was the clean one this ep :)

That Kagyua OST <3
Really good directing, particular when she first changed dimensions. And one of my favorite scenes, Mother's tears, was adapted perfectly.

Looking forward to her ''filler'' they are actually canon because she wasn't explored well enough in the manga.

4.5/5

Hatsuyuki said:
Are they seriously going back to fillers after making a new OP and promoting the return of the story to canon ? I don't even care at this point in time, it's more than ridiculous..

Askorti said:
So now at least two filler episodes are to follow. Seriously guys, the manga has ended so long ago, you really don't have to milk it this much!

It's not filler or milking. It's an expansion on her story that was left in the manga due to scheduling problems. They are canon, just added original scenes. Very important for her character.
TyrelMay 5, 2016 1:04 PM
May 5, 2016 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
Dat budget saving ending :D
Animation was really good and it seems we have new ost :D
May 5, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Really liked the new OP, as expected of AKFG. I thought it would sound a little more intense but it's still a good song.

Expected the same
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
Really great episode with return to canon. The music that played when Kaguya and Naruto clashed was awesome! Seems like we're getting Kaguya's backstory expanded in the anime, which in my opinion is better than how the manga handled it.
May 5, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
The new OP is great. Lookin' forward to next week's episode.
May 5, 2016 8:25 AM

Sep 2013
ÀWESOME!!!!!!!!!
JUST AWESOME! DAAM PIERROT ROCKED...
From the beginning to the end i got goosebumps all over..
And when that badass OST began during the Gomu Gomu no Gattling gun... Shit just got real... I was like Fuck yeah!
I was fucking yelling that my cousins thought i was insane.
You should have seen my brothers reaction...
Priceless!!!
This was a tremendous episode. The sound of heartbeats allover the world at the beggining plus that scene when Kaguya changed dimensions was so damm good.
This episode had two OSTs that were just screaming epic!!! Kaguya's voice was so daam good and her tears... OMG... Best episode ever...
This episode is a 5/5. Simple...
I'm going to probably rewatch this alot before letting this go...
Kaguya owns the two previous episodes.
Man as i predicted the fight would be much better when animated.
Kudos pierrot... Hope the flashback would be awesome. Black Zetsu... i'll be sure to get candies when it's released.
Pierrot really are getting the god like status of Kaguya very well. Love the dark themes so far!
Seriously this series would have been one of the best ever if the fillers were toned down unless necessary... and the animation improved...
Once again... Awesome. I dont think this would be the last opening though... we still have another battle after this. Hopefully to be done justice...
Man i really gushed over this episode...
Kazi9May 6, 2016 12:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 9:10 AM
Dec 2013
The first fully-canon episode of the year, and what an episode it was. Can't wait for Naruto's
sometime in the near-future. Hoping some future episodes to be fluidly animated, like we had in the past.
May 5, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
That's it guys keep up the good work.

A new opening pretty good. I can't believe I was finally ready to let go of Line. Oh I loved this opening.

Kaguya is so strong she put them in a tight corner without patting an eye. The mother of shinobi, that's what I call her. I think it's already her nickname.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 5, 2016 10:32 AM
Sep 2014
If we get good info on kaguya in this "filler" as you guys call it I will be happy.
If these "filler" episodes are something like "Kaguya chases the stray cat!"
or "Kaguya goes to the spa!" then i will be disappointed.
I think these "filler" episodes are fine if they actually give us valuable information and information that expands on what we already know through the manga.
May 5, 2016 10:38 AM

May 2009
Honestly episodes like this makes the whole waiting time worthy.
May 5, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2015
I really liked Kaguya's voice

May 5, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2011
I expected something catchier, but otherwise okay opening from AKFG.
We will finally get some backstory from Kaguya, which is not shown in the manga at all.
May 5, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2010
Glad I'm not the only one about the OP song - I expected something a bit better, it's not Haruka Kanata level :( Still, song itself is very good. Animation on the other hand - kinda meh... Openings like Sign, Toumei Datta Sekai, Diver etc. had great visuals, here it doesn't look that good imo :|

Other than that, pretty solid episode, I also got chills when Kaguya teleported, that silence, her crying face brr. I don't mind upcoming 'fillers', because without any backstory Kaguya's arc in manga was super short and kinda bad... Maybe in anime it'll become at least slightly better.
May 5, 2016 1:36 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode. Some great OST as well. And I'm glad they didn't leave the animation to the potatoes like what they did with the Guy and Madara fight
Was hoping that we'd get filler based on Kaguya's past. Don't think I've ever looked forward to a filler before
May 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
New opening wasn't as great as I was hyping it up to be, neither the song or animation is that incredible. I figured since this is possibly (unlikely) the last opening that they would go all out with it, and since AKFG have done several Naruto themes in the past that it would be more impressive.

Good episode, the Kaguya crying scene was done very well.
May 5, 2016 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
Man, it's been so long since I've properly sat down and watched Naruto. I'm glad the first proper canon episode in a long time is good.

I like Kaguya, her backstory will be interesting.
May 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Mar 2013
That OST during the clash, though. It really reminded me of "Duel of the Fates"
May 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome, Asian Kungfu Generation doing another OP. Wasn't particularly amazing but still nice to hear them again.
May 5, 2016 4:44 PM
Sep 2014
Didn't even notice there was a new OP. . . then again i just started watching again when I learned the filler had ended.

Don't like the new song. Not really catchy.
May 5, 2016 6:07 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, I don't even remember how the Kaguya fight went down, its been so long
May 5, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2016
This is the stuff 。゚(TヮT)゚。

That dimensional gate white faced even those two 〣( ºΔº )〣

This stuff is pretty scary, glad to have Kaguya backstory first!

Hoping for Naruto to use best move when we get back (^〃^)

May 5, 2016 6:57 PM

Mar 2013
For me, the kaguya thing was something so out of the place in the story.
Dude, please...She as the final boss?

ugh.
Filleruto.
May 5, 2016 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Sakura is being useless as always, but kishi refused to let her die.

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
May 6, 2016 1:04 AM
Apr 2014
Didn't like the opening...

They should have just used the opening that they used for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Now THAT was a good opening.

For those who haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUNEL1CsC4
May 6, 2016 3:29 AM

Apr 2015
I loved the part when Kayuga appeared right behind Sasuke and Naruto. Saw their faces? Scared to death.
May 6, 2016 4:06 AM
Feb 2013
Wow, much better than expected.

After seeing this I kind of regret seeing the end of Naruto through the game Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. That game portrayed Kaguya horribly. I still don't like it that she just appears out of nowhere and what happened with Madara? He suddenly got absorbed by Kaguya or something?
I really like the voice actor for Kaguya, the OST was amazing and I think that the anime will make a better end than the game did and I hope that there won't be any more fillers after this.

From what I can see the coming episodes seem to be more explanation regarding Kaguya's background, I'll probably check it out.
May 6, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2012
Rufeegee said:
I still don't like it that she just appears out of nowhere and what happened with Madara? He suddenly got absorbed by Kaguya or something?

She didn't really come out of nowhere. There have been several callbacks/foreshadowing to her as early as the time when Tobi declare war in the Kage Summit.

What happened to Madara gets shown later.
May 6, 2016 5:35 AM
Mar 2014
Eh finaly a canon episode and a great one aswell, love the new ED <3
May 6, 2016 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
Haha that we will get backstory was predictable. I Want to see how the life was going on back then... It was very long ago right ? Just hoping it won't take like half a year
May 6, 2016 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
Finally,Kaguya got animated. Can't wait for
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 6, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
Always nice to have new OSTs, don't really like the new opening though. They did the intense fear very well too.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 6, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
Nice episode, but fucking A, it's back to filler next week! We just can't win.

Kaguya's Past was barely touched upon in the manga so I am interested in the full details of it, but I'd be more enthusiastic if we hadn't just gotten off of a few months of filler. Pierrot is just unbelievable.
May 6, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2010
I really don't care about finding out more about Kaguya, I just want to get to the series finale already...
May 6, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2015
I don't know about you guys... but since I've been following the manga in 2014, I've always got chills from Kaguya's appearance.

I always see Madara as the cool OP guy, but I see Kaguya as a scary OP mother.

So I honestly looking forward for her filler. Since I want to know more about her than just an unexplained final villain that was rushed in the manga. This is the kind of filler I approve. A back story to an important character that didn't get one in the manga.

Also the animation gets better. Thank you Pierrot.

May 6, 2016 8:52 PM

Nov 2007
One of the best episodes in one or two years.

Great opening (AKFG it's not the same of 2003) but still better than the closer previous ones. Opening animation was awesome as well.

Episode's animation was decent, and got me hyped.

Got the curiosity and I found out that it's confirmed the release of the 3rd Naruto Shippuden Original OST, a new one after 7 years. (July 6 2016)
May 6, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
Motoko-Kusanagi said:
I’m happy that Japan doesn’t listen to the west's opinion :D

It's not that they don't listen, they aren't even aware lol. Because they are so irrelevant.

Though actually even if they did, it's only the internet fanbase that are having a negative reaction. The series still has great ratings in France and US.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

436 by ItachiSanStatus »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 28, 2008

76 by natsuyah »»
Apr 28, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 9 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 8, 2009

27 by Iago97 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.