Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm I think the OP song is alright.

This whole mecha revolution really gives me a weird vibe for the episode.
Ouma's like a rebel this episode, doesn't give a shit about anyone except for his princess and escaping after being trapped. I kinda like that about him. Just really hoping the show doesn't forget about his background story. Also really curious to see how technology really works in this series. Decent mecha duel though.

Apr 14, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
Really nice episode it was pretty exiting to watch.
Tho we didn't learn much about the characters this time,
But there was a lot of action which i usually don't like but it was really nicely done and the scenes had great detail.
Even the tank shells where very detailed not to mention that cruise missile towards the end.
And the fighting scene with the robots looked awesome.
Apr 14, 2016 6:50 AM
Dec 2011
Mecha revolution? i thought it's Alien invasion?

Aversa said:
Really nice episode it was pretty exiting to watch.
Tho we didn't learn much about the characters this time,
But there was a lot of action which i usually don't like but it was really nicely done and the scenes had great detail.
Even the tank shells where very detailed not to mention that cruise missile towards the end.
And the fighting scene with the robots looked awesome.

I like how MC robot slipped because a car lol.
For story development i guess that will happen in next episode, well they have many time for that if it's 26 episode show.
Apr 14, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2015
This is so good, so much action, the samurai looks awesome, and the production is so consistent, good choreography to.
The ost is outstanding.

I'm excited to know this Princess-Samurai relationship and the conflict, because i don't have idea of what is happening(Alien invasion?!?, with mechas ?!)

Hope all the episodes seems like this episode, shame on netflix that destroyed the popularity of this series.

Is there any episode count already?
Apr 14, 2016 7:31 AM

Sep 2015
Surprisingly Yukina has strong cognitive skills, a good pair with samurai boy there. The battle might be plain, but it did make my heart skip a bit. Hahaha

Aliens only use samurai sword? Very refreshing lol
valvravetruthApr 14, 2016 7:35 AM
Apr 14, 2016 8:22 AM

May 2015
Damn, now I'm even more curious about the character's background after this episode. That yellow mecha was OP as hell, blocking all those missile attacks.... Samurai mechas? I'm digging this. Action was pretty neat along with the OST. OP and ED were decent. I'm really liking this so far. Now I'm just hoping this really will be a 2-cour.

Apr 14, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
I thought it's just an imagination at first, but wow... Yukina surely looks like the princess. There's so many twin that the little girl up the roof looks like Yukina too. LOL
That's surely pretty tricky prison escape, especially coming from a guy that know nothing about the world he's trapped into. Or maybe it's far more advanced in his home world?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 14, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Still don't know how I feel about this one, I will say that the fights are pretty awesome. That fight in the city was pretty well done imo
Apr 14, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
lezerman said:

Is there any episode count already?

It should have 26 episodes, if I'm not mistaken
Apr 15, 2016 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
might be my most favorite opening of this season
Apr 15, 2016 2:23 AM

Jun 2009
lol I loved the interactions between Yukina and the samurai dude. Overall, quite a fun episode.

Apr 15, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2009
the mecha action was good, so projectiles like missiles and bullets are not effective against this demon robots that samurai dude is talking about

Yukina definitely seems to be the reincarnation of the past princess since she has genetic memory of how to pilot the mecha too
Apr 15, 2016 3:32 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Alien samurai mechs, very odd, but interesting. I liked Yukina and Kennosuke's interactions so far as well, they seem like they'd be a fun duo. Yukina is also a down to earth character, and she's cute not too much.

I'm not a huge mech person, so most of the action seemed alright to me, but I'm quite interested in the story. Something anachronistic such as mechs had been around for awhile in the world of Kuromukuro, I'd like to know more about the past and the "oni." It's definitely not bad so far.

I've really liked GLAY since hearing them from Daiya, and this OP is no different :) It's also nice to get title drop in the beginning of a series.

j0x said:
Yukina definitely seems to be the reincarnation of the past princess since she has genetic memory of how to pilot the mecha too

I thought this as well!
Apr 15, 2016 6:35 AM

Dec 2015
I thought the government or whatever the military organization is that, was going to keep trying to capture the guy.

Fun chapter, I love these mecha series and this seems promising.

4/5
Apr 15, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2013
That is some top notch mecha action right there! Damn! I hope the mc's become a little less whiny/angry and then this might turn into a great show.
Apr 15, 2016 6:43 AM

Sep 2015
Love how the guy interacts with Yukina. The action sequences were really good. Wonder how Yukina understands the relic. 4/5
Apr 15, 2016 6:54 AM

Dec 2013
So basically he's been fighting those advanced alien robots since the Edo Period, eh?
Funny to see he's dragging Yukina along even though he denies her being his Princess.

This episode was basically all-action. Looking forward to some more exposition next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 15, 2016 7:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A much better episode than the first one. The action was pretty damn cool! Also nice OP

4/5
Apr 15, 2016 8:33 AM

Sep 2014
That was honestly a very good episode. The sound director and the animators did a perfect job. The dialogues are interesting and make the characters shine. Action scenes were intense and the expositions gonna be interesting. The anime really look promising.

Wow I feel that this show is quite underrated and not as much popular as it should be.
Apr 15, 2016 9:57 AM

Jul 2010
I really liked this ep and the MC and it ended quite interesting, wonder what that thing in space is all about.
Apr 15, 2016 10:07 AM

May 2014
Kind of looks like the Aquerion series
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 15, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
That was a really nice fight at the end.
Apr 15, 2016 10:51 AM

Feb 2014
I must say, the Mecha action in the city was really well done. The whole choreography of the moves between Ouma/Yukina and the enemies Mechas was excellent.

I do wonder what period in time Ouma came from. The cube he was in was found 60 years ago, in the 50's I presume, and with the flashbacks, the princess looks like she's from the Edo period, and yet was also a pilot in the mecha that she was killed(?) in. I'm sure the show will shed more light into Ouma's past and reveal how long ago his time period was.

Overall, a great episode with solid and consistent art & animation. =D
Apr 15, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode!

Yukina has strong cognitive skills!
Apr 15, 2016 11:26 AM

Sep 2013
The anime's premise and writing are pretty dumb but honestly it's damn entertaining. And I think that's what they are aiming for. I love the chemistry between the samurai and the modern-age girl. Can't wait for more~
Apr 15, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2008
Feeling some Aldnoah.Zero vibes from this with the invulnerable shield, coming from outer space, and a princess in the story.

Nice action, but still not sure where this is going. Felt like the conversations were out of place, like immediately after the battle Yukina decides to ask about the princess. There should be some interval before she can recover from all that surprise and calm down enough to want to ask that imo.
Apr 15, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
woo love the OP song and overall this ep was better indeed.
Apr 15, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2012
komasan said:
Felt like the conversations were out of place, like immediately after the battle Yukina decides to ask about the princess. There should be some interval before she can recover from all that surprise and calm down enough to want to ask that imo.
That kinda bugged me too, and it was actually still during the battle wasn't it? Oh well, I guess we can chalk her calm/collected nature up to the whole reincarnation thing

Other than that, this isn't half bad so far. Only worry is in the writing, but even if it isn't top tier as long as the action, direction, and character interaction stays consistent this might be pretty good.
Apr 15, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
This is a pretty interesting Episode, better than the first one.

The OST and Animation were well done for my case, I love it when a mecha does that xD

Other than that I find the Samurai more interesting than before, there should be more background to the guy, and it seems like there's also something interesting for Yukina, knowing all of this.
Apr 15, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2015
Action was great this episode, and really intrigued about the Samurai's past and what went down. Looking forward to more background on him. Promising series so far.

Apr 15, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
the OP is good and nice fight at the city
Apr 15, 2016 2:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
shes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTEEE OMFG

anyway, im loving this show so far xD
Apr 15, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2016
decent episode, better then the first one. I'm in love with the music tbh and the animation looked good in the fight scene soo? Not much progression character development wise, but this episode did give us chances to develop the MC's. Hope they will actually use that chane. But I will keep watching it because of the potential it has right now.
Apr 15, 2016 6:25 PM

Jun 2013
Big improvement from episode one..... this has a lot of potential :)
Apr 15, 2016 7:12 PM

Dec 2014
well the second episode is up and I still don't know what is going on
Apr 15, 2016 9:44 PM

Sep 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
Big improvement from episode one..... this has a lot of potential :)

I think the biggest potential in this series is the Sword Battle
Apr 15, 2016 11:32 PM

Feb 2012
this is going to be most underrated anime of the season... the mecha battles were so good, and i like the pace so far....I DONT GIVE A FUCH if they didnt explain charaters, just yukina, her mom, missing dad, Ouma, dead but maybe alive princess is enough(but that ending shows maybe he didnt timetravel but got stuck when he was taken away by the speed of light explains why he thinks its only been days)
Apr 16, 2016 12:57 AM

Nov 2013
Mascera said:
That's surely pretty tricky prison escape, especially coming from a guy that know nothing about the world he's trapped into. Or maybe it's far more advanced in his home world?

Not really. They were just careless and stupid, you don't get so close to the door of the cell, that the person inside can grab you. Especially, when you know nothing about the person or how he will react.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 16, 2016 1:02 AM

Oct 2014
this is way better than i'd predicted, I'm not really into mecha anime but the fight scene was amazing and I really like the main guy
Apr 16, 2016 1:47 AM
Feb 2015
Awesome OP+Mecha+Historical= masterpiece. This definitely gives off Nobunaga the Fools vibe so I'm super excited cause it's one of my favorite anime ^^

Talking about Nobunaga could the sexy fool be Kennosuke lost brother O_O

Let's see

Keno

Nobu

Hard to say but they look very similar xD
Apr 16, 2016 3:03 AM

May 2015
yukina is similar with princess
and kennosuke is similar with mabuchi kyoma

twins conspiracy resolved
Apr 16, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2010
this series is meh
I hate the way the mecha look
Apr 16, 2016 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
komasan said:
Feeling some Aldnoah.Zero vibes from this with the invulnerable shield, coming from outer space, and a princess in the story.

Nice action, but still not sure where this is going. Felt like the conversations were out of place, like immediately after the battle Yukina decides to ask about the princess. There should be some interval before she can recover from all that surprise and calm down enough to want to ask that imo.

True that. Also, we have clearly super and real robots, which is mostly I came around watching it and I am glad I watched the two episodes together.

Breeding mecha with mythical entities dating back into Japanese history was done in Gasaraki. I'm saying this because the setting and even the premise are way different, yet it plunged me in some mecha schizophrenia from the very beginning. (Not in a bad way!)

The action is awesome - the mechs have been shown as agile, powerful, and the fight choreography was a feast to see. Even if the story bombs, I be happy with the animation if it keeps that way (or better, why not).

Nothing to dislike about the characters, will definitely watch to see how it plays out.
Apr 16, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2011
the first two episodes are interesting, both MCs and side characters are likable (especially the main heroine's classmate), the action are good, the dialogues aren't cringeworthy, the jokes are funny, and i'm intrigued about the plot.

So.............. WHAT'S WITH THE SCORE?!!!! 6.92? that's gotta be a joke right?
Apr 16, 2016 5:48 AM

May 2015
millo said:

Baffles me as well, but whatever. In my opinion, the show is really looking good so far. Hope it stays consistent like this and turn out even better in the end. So far probably my favorite this season.

zellami said:
The action is awesome - the mechs have been shown as agile, powerful, and the fight choreography was a feast to see. Even if the story bombs, I be happy with the animation if it keeps that way (or better, why not).

Nothing to dislike about the characters, will definitely watch to see how it plays out.

Definitely.

Apr 16, 2016 5:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The action scenes/mecha fights in this are probably the best I've seen in a long time apart from in a Gundam Series....Plus I love how the mechanics of the Samurai Mech works + The dual pilot thing

I'm also intrigued by the fact that it seems that Mars? Is like some alternate or identical version of earth and that the main heroin looks like she's the reincarnation of this Princess or something

If this series can decently develop that whole story, continue to make me like these characters (No complaints here at all atm) and maintain this level of action straight through them I'm gonna end up loving the hell out of this

Overall, it was a great episode and a lot better than the first and can I say once again HOW FUCKING EPIC THE OST IS
Apr 16, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2012
Reverberate__ said:
millo said:

Baffles me as well, but whatever. In my opinion, the show is really looking good so far. Hope it stays consistent like this and turn out even better in the end. So far probably my favorite this season.

West audience hate Mecha anime:(
Apr 16, 2016 7:03 AM

Nov 2013
The low score has imo nothing to do with certain audiences hating mecha ( even if it would be true ), this anime is just not that good. At this point, at least. Maybe it will turn the corner later. It borrows some from Aldnoah Zero and Linebarrels of Iron, I think, and it does it in a not so good way. Kennosuke is to bland and Yukina is just irritating, every time she says "datte" or "ehh" with her annoying voice, I cringe. And I don't like the mechs that much, especially the small ones are just weird.
TheBigGuyApr 16, 2016 7:10 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 16, 2016 8:51 AM

Oct 2013
pretty enjoyable so far mostly because of the great direction and suprisingsly good character animation. I mean even during casual moments the characters feel alive. the CG could use some work though. also, miuna is kinda annoying
Apr 16, 2016 8:57 AM
Dec 2011
Nah, it's good, the characters are very lively, not bland, also Yukina's "ehh" only happened before the battle, when the battle started she prove she is useful, also her personality is very likeable.
And no, the low score definitely have to do with Mecha, i mean look at Macross Delta, also having a low score which not making any sense.

And AZ got high score in early episode already was because the Urobuchi hype, same for something like Charlotte was because Jun Maeda.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.