Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2016 2:53 AM

Jul 2014
What is with our idiot MC's habit of seemingly thinking aloud all the time? It's surprisingly irritating, all things considered. Actually, this whole episode was pretty irritating really, not least because everyone was seemingly acting as moronic as possible. I mean, was no one concerned about the state of that massive house Masaki's group went in? Even by that village's standards, that place was an absolute mess. And why am I not at all surprised that two people have disappeared already? Only a matter of time until some bodies crop up.

As long as Lion doesn't die, I can't say I really care who ends up dead; she's the only likeable character so far.
Apr 9, 2016 2:54 AM

Nov 2011
DarklordVor said:
Hmm... another build up. Well they have 30 characters with only 12 episodes, I'm worried.

The MC is so relatable. Falling for girls around the same age or younger, but not into onee-san type. Lion ftw.

That rapper turned to raper as fast as I dropped that p.

Lovepon wants to execute the driver lol. I think the knocking on that driver made him joined the crew. Probably some aliens, tv crews, or anything from American Horror Story's weird plot twists. Those two survival guys are gonna be an A game people when something came.

Anyway, anyone else got that Hinamizawa accident vibe from this village?

This is the Bus Trip to Hinamizawa!
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 9, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2011
This is really slow. I hope something happens in the next episode.
Apr 9, 2016 3:00 AM

Aug 2015
Hasn't been much real development towards the plot. However I like how they are portraying the characters. And yeah Yottsun "Rape" thoughts already kinda show how things are going to go south real quick.

Hasn't been amazing so far but good.
Apr 9, 2016 3:09 AM

Apr 2016
Well, if I would be in that group, I would turn back somehow immediately.:D
Yeah, I've had enough, and i want to start a new life, but not with these people.
Most of them are annoying @ssholes or creepy psychos, nothing good can comes out of it.
But ofc you need to have some kind of mental disorder too to take part in this, so I guess its okay.:)
Apr 9, 2016 3:19 AM

Aug 2009

Holy shit, this girl is so msessed up hahahaha. The script is hilarious at times.

I liked the tension in this episode, but I have really no idea where this is going. I hope shit gets down soon, preferably in a horror way.

4/5
Samu-tanApr 9, 2016 3:33 AM
Apr 9, 2016 3:22 AM
Feb 2015
dem dat ending goosebumps

in4 rape inc?
Apr 9, 2016 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
This show is so unintentionally funny.
Apr 9, 2016 3:46 AM

Jun 2009
danieltortoisee said:
Actually, this whole episode was pretty irritating really, not least because everyone was seemingly acting as moronic as possible.

I have to agree here, the writing and directing was terrible in this episode. Not only did the characters an almost complete 180 turn to assholes, simply because the plot demanded them to shed their "niceness armor", their behaviour didn't even make internal sense: "My god they are acting suspicious...okay let's continue together like nothing happened"

Many of the scenes were just put together without much cohesion. One moment they encounter what could be footprints of a predatory animal, to go to happy-go-lucky conversation after the next cut...

Also, Mizushima managed to make the episode-script even more tedious then it was likely to read. It was basically always either a steady eye-level frame or a boring shot-countershot, with maybe a slight tilt thrown in here and there. It seems like he didn't even know what to do with it.
He is normally a good director when it comes to comedy (he directed a few of my favourites), but the only thing with suspense he succeeded in was (in parts) Another...and there I give more credit to the source-novel giving him actual stuff to work with.

I mean, was no one concerned about the state of that massive house Masaki's group went in? Even by that village's standards, that place was an absolute mess.

Actually...if it was them, I would be much more concrened about the buildings that are intact. If you came to Japan you would notice that a lot of people actually let their houses "fall apart" by Western standards even while still living there, and when moving out they often let them just sit there because property tax-laws make it quite affordable to just keep it.

What's much more creepy is that most of the buildings look to be not even more than 10-15 years old (if even that) and there's a playground that's not even taken over by nature.
Either the animation department has no idea what a mountain village look like, especially if you abandoned it one year, or there is sth really weird going on here.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 9, 2016 3:52 AM

Oct 2012
Meh, it's probably just red herring to put us at ease as build-up for something worse happening later.
Yotsun is probably just goofing around and took Masaki with himself just to scare her.

Also I get it that MC is not accustomed to talk with women and I kinda get it while they are drawn to him as that behavior is really not unusual even in real life but it really feels kinda strange when he is speaking his thoughts aloud.. cause what he's is saying is really meant just for viewers and I don't like this breaking of fourth wall.

But it was not bad episode overall as it was proper setup of the setting. More quarrels are coming I guess. The e-mail was fishy though, and I really do hope this won't turn into some kind of reality-show in the end. Wonder who real culprit of their group is.

And I have to say I still have a problem with remembering correct personalities that fit with correct people. Too many characters to remember them all for whole week I guess.
Apr 9, 2016 4:08 AM

Sep 2010
OMG... I am currently half way through the episode and I really can't stand this MC. I knew that he is going to be the biggest flaw of this series and it's weakest point but... common!
Apr 9, 2016 4:08 AM

Jun 2015
Oh no, they vanished!...oh, thank god, he's just raping her. :)

If I were in that group I'd look for a way to commit suicide asap.
Apr 9, 2016 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
I'm calling it right now, attempted rape but something or someone stopped it, wannabe rapper dude dies and that girl tries her best to tell everyone she saw "something" save her.
Apr 9, 2016 4:17 AM

Jun 2011
This episode dropped a number of things that are adding to the mystery/suspense, and I'm kinda intrigued.
1. What was it that tapped at the bus driver's window? Judging by his reaction, it must have had been something quite shocking/scary.
2. What did that girl (what's her name again?) really see when she said she saw something 'huge' on their way to the village? There was a paw print on the ground, presumably not of a bear.
3. When the group reached the village and started looking around and talking among themselves, there was this sinister shot of them being watched by someone or something through the bushes. What's up with that?
4. What happened to the former inhabitants of this village? What led them to come and settle here in the first place?
5. What did Masakaki mutter to herself?
6. Who sent that mail to Koharun informing her the whereabouts of the village? Could she be bluffing?
7. What made the driver suddenly change his mind and join the group? Does it have something to do with whatever he saw tapping at the bus?

Every one and every thing is so shady and weird. It feels like something might snap any moment and then it'll take no time for shit to hit the fan.

I'm more or less indifferent to the characters. None of them has made any particularly strong impression on me so far.
Apr 9, 2016 4:22 AM

Sep 2010
It would have been better if they vanished without the earlier scene in which we know what the two of them are doing.

Hmm... this series turns out to be about nothing so far. The plot won't generate itself just because there are so many characters around, especially with MC being so horrible character.

At this point if the next episode is similiar it's time to 'drop and forget it' and possibly return to it only by someone's recommendation if the series did turn out good later on. Still With those two first eps, the serie can't be that good any more.
Apr 9, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2015
That cliffhanger. Decent episode, but damn, many of these characters are just a bunch of idiots. I doubt I'll end up having sympathy for many of them. Still love how the BGM gives you this eerie feeling.

Apr 9, 2016 4:37 AM

Feb 2012
That village is probably some Government hidden facility where they test shit out, and they all are sacrificial pawns there.

They're most likely being hunted by a Predator type of thing.
Apr 9, 2016 4:43 AM

Oct 2014
I wonder who the driver saw when they left him alone
Apr 9, 2016 4:48 AM

May 2010
Oh ye, you tell others to speak louder when u are being beyond loud. My ears hurt whenever Valcana talks, just shut up.

Lol, they sure handed over their wallets easily. Well then rip, he's alone now.

Well, Hayato x Mitsumine is pretty canon, even Lion felt it.

God, Mitsumine pls. You talk like it's your first time seeing girls. I like Nanko's voice though!

Lovepon seems problematic, I'm interested.
I hope that sunglasses guy dies fast, what a disgusting guy.

Maimai is one of the hottest, I love her character design <3 Her personality ain't bad either.
Mitsumine, what an idiot! Running his mouth like an idiot, and he remains oblivious about it. Yup, idc about him at all.

Lol that last line. They somehow managed to conclude its a "vanishing village" based on just that one line. They could consider Yottsun suspicious but no. Nice.

I'm still liking it, at least it's entertaining. Hope it gets real soon.
Apr 9, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
This anime scares me.

Something else is clearly at the village they keep having scenes like something is watching them and there was also that scene where the driver saw something on the bus.

I don't cope that well with suspenseful shows or eerie ones... I hope I can survive...
Apr 9, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2010
Pretty ok episode but i expected something else when they arrived at the village.

Yeh and Lovepon is fucking nuts.

4/5
Apr 9, 2016 5:28 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know what to think of this episode.
It wasn't bad but kinda boring.
Apr 9, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
I really like this anime so far. Even tough there are a lot of characters, it's not overwhelming, and everyone's getting some screentime.

I'm curious to see how things will go from now on. Seems like there's some sort of beast out there, but I don't know for sure. Really hope Yottsun disappeared for good.

4/5

Apr 9, 2016 5:39 AM

Apr 2016
I thought this episode was going to be fast-paced but it turned the other way around. Although I wanted to see something more WOW, I liked what they showed us this week. Hope it will take a darker turn next week because I really love the atmosphere and with 10 more episodes to go, things have to start happening.
Apr 9, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2015
we already know from jonestown that stuff like that never ends well. reminds me a little bit of the grisaia no kajitsu arc with the basketball team...

we'll see 3/5

Apr 9, 2016 6:12 AM

Dec 2014
I bet that yottsan bastard did something to her that's why both of them are not back
Apr 9, 2016 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
The whole group must be pretty stupid if they think they can somehow push a 10+ton bus, in sloppy mud, up the slope that it fell down from. No wonder that they gave up so easily in the end.

I'm intrigued to find out what the bus driver saw on his own. Maybe he ran to the village for his safety, or maybe that this bus driver is an imposter. Hmmm...

Valkana seems to be the proper leader out of the whole group with his bellowing voice and moody attitude. Good for keeping the group in check, even though he is a bit of a asshole though. =/

Only now do the group realise that Masaki and Yottsun are missing. I'm hoping that Yottsun isn't doing anything disgusting to poor Masaki, otherwise I'll will hope that he'll be the first character to meet his doom.
Apr 9, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2012
WOW
Just two episodes and I hate most of the characters. I will watch to see them die tho.
I knew that would be some rape or something like that. It was so obvious.

I like to think they are in Hinamizawa after the disaster, just for the lol

Ramkec said:
That village is probably some Government hidden facility where they test shit out, and they all are sacrificial pawns there.

Thought the same thing! Some kind of monster.

But, what did the bus driver saw? If it was a monster, wouldn't he be dead?
hmmm

Apr 9, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2015
taynis said:
WOW
Just two episodes and I hate most of the characters. I will watch to see them die tho.

Ramkec said:

hmmm

Maybe he is the monster lol. But how did he get to the village.
Apr 9, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2012
AGodLikeTurtle said:
taynis said:
WOW

hmmm

Yeah! That is a possibility, maybe it is a shapeshifter monster? Or a monster that can posses corpses? LOL I don't know, so many possibilities.
But, something is definitely strange. He got to the village and with that lame excuse "Now I want to protect you guys, because you are young"
Riiiight

Apr 9, 2016 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Very little happened in this episode. Just a whole lot of talking which makes my head hurt.
Apr 9, 2016 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah not a lot happened. A few good uses of tension building but ultimately they went nowhere. Meh, I'll still be checking the next episode out.

2/5
Apr 9, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2009
If they really wanted to start living there, there are few people who would have to mysteriously disappear at first. Those people who always bring the group to miserable end in similar setting.
Lovepon, because she's that crazy type who starts a cult sooner or later and kills off people who go against her teachings. Yottsun, the horny creepo that's not afraid to rape someone. Valkana, the aggressive one that wants to lead everybody by yelling and beating them. And optionally the driver, self-proclaimed head of the village who knows it all, his blabbering would constantly bring the morale of the group down.
Without them it could actually work. Tho I think they would get bored of the lifestyle in such a deserted place quite fast.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the mysterious atmosphere so far, I'm looking forward the next episode~ I wonder if the driver really got killed in the bus and the one in the village is impostor. That could be interesting.
Apr 9, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
Such mystery, wow. I barely remember any character names because of such a wide cast. Speaking of wide cast, I don't think all of them are gonna get development but then again I don't think it's 100% necessary for a murder show like this. As long as a few significant ones are developed like that guy who's angry all the time, that should be alright.

Things aren't looking great for the score, 7.09. That's pretty low for MAL standards. The atmosphere is pretty nice though.
GaryMuffuginOakApr 9, 2016 7:36 AM
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Apr 9, 2016 7:34 AM
Apr 2014
MiraiLink said:
This show is so unintentionally funny.

This, fucking this.

I'm having fun with this so far, it's hilarious
Probably gonna get boring when they start cutting everyone as suggested by the evolution of the anime poster and we're left with vomit-chan and generico MC.
Drake1000Apr 9, 2016 7:37 AM
Apr 9, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
Ok, after watching both episodes together, at least the continous dialogue doesnt bored me. And i do feel like finding out more 😈
Apr 9, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2010
The second episode was kinda boring, though it set up some questions that need answer. Most of the dialogue was really bad, forced drama all over the place. I really hope tho that the'll not get into rape this soon, I mean they've just reached the village, and that dude is ready to rape at his leisure :))
Apr 9, 2016 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
taynis said:
AGodLikeTurtle said:

Yeah! That is a possibility, maybe it is a shapeshifter monster? Or a monster that can posses corpses? LOL I don't know, so many possibilities.
But, something is definitely strange. He got to the village and with that lame excuse "Now I want to protect you guys, because you are young"
Riiiight

Maybe he knows something about the village and it being abandoned.
Apr 9, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
Can someone explain to me how did the midnight turned into an afternoon in a split second, while there was no place to sleep or whatever?
Apr 9, 2016 8:18 AM
Oct 2015
I really hope that Yottsun is going to be the first one to die
Apr 9, 2016 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Shape shifting monster I bet, skinwalker to be precise. That's explain the weird foodprint, how the bus driver is there when he don't even know where the place is.

Apr 9, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
Ok so this was like those American horror movies with camping students met slasher, the anime version. I hope it didn't turned into that. The driver definitely saw something though.

Maimai is more like shotacon (MC looks like one to me). Yottsun was taking his chance with Masaki, but Masaki looks like the heroine MC or has some important roles judging from the OP. Probably Yottsun will be kiiled by her, or something will definitely happen to him next.

Boring so far especially with the annoying MC. One more episode to decide ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Apr 9, 2016 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
The attitude of the characters is disgusting. Especially the Valkana guy, hope he disappears soon or something!

Also the cliches and the "nya" girl... plz.

Poor bus driver, man.
Apr 9, 2016 8:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This stays very interesting.

Someone knocked on the driver's door and now he's back. He got taken over? o_o
Yottsun is a rapist confirmed. This is certainly interesting.
Hayato is Matsumune's childhood friend.
Lovepon is batshit insane lol
Lion states the obvious, not my favourite character tbh.
Apr 9, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
So they were shocked because Masaki and Yottsun disappeared all of a sudden.

And here I thought they were out of breath and scared because hiphop rapstar raped the vomit girl.

I hope to see blood and death in the future episodes.
臭い-
Apr 9, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
Inb4 poor Yottsun will get rekt by MASAKI...Never stick it in crazy...RIP Yottsun we will miss your rap...
Apr 9, 2016 9:14 AM

Oct 2015
inb4 Mitsumune falls in love with some girl again
Apr 9, 2016 9:20 AM

Feb 2016
Hopefully ep.3 gives us some kind of development with the plot Im sure Yottsun is dead, I doubt Pukey is dead due to the way shes plastered all over the OP, Mitsumune is easily the most socially akward MC ive ever seen worse than even some of the generic harem guys out there

ep.2- 3/10
Apr 9, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Take away a letter from rapper, and it becomes raper! Yeahhh, I suspected that someone was going to turn to that kind of perversion soon enough. Poor Masaki.

Detective girl seems kind of cool, at least she's finally emerging from the woodwork, as a lot of characters are. The last episode was really just introductory.

MC kid is even more laughably socially awkward than I am, but honestly I'm vying for Lion ending up being best character (not that she already isn't, with those dark remarks and the gayshipdar). There's also something about jerky guy as well, why is jerky guy so apprehensive? Hopefully he'll get some development next episode, if to trust the preview.

Methinks that there's definitely something roaming about, or someone. Maybe one of the previous village inhabitants if there was a survivor from a previous implied bloodbath, although it does seem awfully animalistic to be another human at work. All the same, soon, people may/will die! I'm kind of excited!

hahaha at jack not giving a fuck about chuuni guys threats. So nonchalant. Without even doing much he's becoming a fav as well.

Lovepon sure does love her horror tropes, girlllll, did you forget to take your meds before you left on that bus by any chance?
removed-userApr 9, 2016 10:28 AM
Apr 9, 2016 9:39 AM

May 2011
This show is awkward. The dialogue is kind of bleh.

I'm just waiting for them to start the killings.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.