Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I think about it, the more creepier the walking zombies seems to get tbh. At least Anri seems to be more aware of her own goals.

Pretty thrilling episode.
I like how it's setting up for events including with Chikage and Mikado. Shirna's trying play his cards too and I think his thoughts about Celty is also quite expressive with his feelings. And poor Izaya, he really did get beat up pretty bad.

Stark700Mar 12, 2016 8:34 AM
Mar 12, 2016 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
Saika girl explaining about the power. KajiKaji's character excited, and everyone's not afraid of her, though surprised at first.

HiroC's character vs. OnoD's character continues.

Showing one of the time when FukuJun's character glad four of them are well.

It's nice that otaku girl has red eye contacts, so she doesn't get cut and become one of them.

The masked group got womanizer guys away, so the main guy met Mamo's character alone.

FukuJun's character's eyes are not red anymore somehow. Probably because he's away from the area? Or just Saika lady's power wears off?

Main guy plans to end Dollars, and doesn't want the Saika girl to know?

Two more eps.
tsubasaloverMar 12, 2016 9:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2016 7:07 AM

Sep 2015
That was really engaging. As expected of Durarara.

Did...did Walker just reject Saika because he doesn't want to love 3D? WALKER.

Nasujima's baiting Anri. Fortunately Anri is mentally prepared for whatever happens now- to protect her dear friends. I loved that scene with her and Saki too c:

Izaya is running away from Shizuo even though he's that beat up, gotta give him credit for being a tough-skinned flea. I'm still rooting for Shizuo to brutally murder him though <3

Ah Shinra and Celty, we see a lot of what Shinra thinks about Celty this time. Apparently being with her is more important then her happiness? I'd like to think that Celty's body's happiness is different from her head's "happiness" :/

Last scene with Kida and Mikado finally meeting. Miyano's voice is so desperately heartbreaking here ;~; Nothing will ever go back to the way they were at this point. Mikado's resolve is too clear.

Next episode we have Kida narrating, sweet.

*gasp* More Durarara to look forward to after the show ends!
Fresh_MintMar 12, 2016 7:16 AM
Mar 12, 2016 8:28 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, Izaya's in trouble and Shizuo's gonna butcher the shit outta him! That Kida and Mikado scene was really good.

5/5
Mar 12, 2016 8:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Izaya's sister pretty much summed up my thoughts of this episode lol

Man I can't take all of this suspense right now....There are even more death flags everywhere now :(
Mar 12, 2016 8:42 AM

Feb 2013
Izaya is still alive, you have to wonder if he's normal himself, he's the only one I want to see dead,he messed up too many lives with his stupid games.
Mar 12, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
Intense episode. I'm hoping Izaya gets out of this one alive.
Mar 12, 2016 9:11 AM

Sep 2014
Erika was pretty funny this episode. Walker's reaction to saika was awesome too. I can't wait for next episode.
Mar 12, 2016 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
Walker being turned off by 3D was lol

Erika did some smart thinking XD

Shinra is raising his flags. I hope Celty'll remember him somehow :(

The Mikado Kida part was nice and man I'm loving Rocchi a lot recently.

Wonder what Izaya's gonna do nxt ^^;
Mar 12, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
If this Mikado pulls out his fucking gun I am going to lose all hope in him!!

Also it's quite amazing how a gun can play an important role in a setting filled with supernatural!
IizyMar 12, 2016 9:50 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 12, 2016 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
I just feel with this anime that no one important is going to die.
I can't feel bad for Izaya he's finally getting what he deserves.
Erika was hilarious walking around in those Red Contacts haha.
Kadota is awesome I hope even with his injuries he teams up with Rokujou and just cleans house, that would be awesome!

I think that's whats going to happen. Everyone is just gonna gather at Russia Sushi and go HAM.

Anri was alright maybe she'll finally gain some courage and do what needs to be done.

Yooo Is Mikado about to pull out his gun?!?! LOL.

This better have a good ending especially since there's only 2 episodes left.

Finally Shinra and Celty have the best love story ever <333
SoraSenpaiMar 12, 2016 10:31 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 12, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2015
So everyone is talking about how the anime is going to sum it all up, but I don't think they can do that in 2 episodes.. I means there's still the mystery about Hollywood and yodogiri Jinna etc.
Mar 12, 2016 10:50 AM

Jun 2015
It's always good to see Shizuo fighting. Ah the way he was running like lightning. The second part of the episode was so dreamy, probably because of the music
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 12, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Izaya, you're dead meat. Best start planning your funeral arrangements now. I'm thirsting to see him get his just desserts. If only they'd stop tediously delaying it.

Nasujima needs to take off that damn beard or ima rip it from his face. It does not suit him. I don't recall him keeping it on that long in the novel either so I think it's just an excuse for the animators to be lazy about drawing him. Speaking of lazy drawing, there were quite a few moments this episode where the animation flubbed. Not to say I'm surprised at this point.

Anri with the van gang and her buddies. Aww. It was sweet to see a moment between her and Mika.

Erika sneaking around with them red contacts, how convenient that her cosplay hobby would benefit her in a time of grave danger.

Shinra's undying love for Celty is adorable. Of course it's unhealthy, but relative to everyone else in the series I still think they have one of the better relationships. Hoping she regains some of her memory soon.

I don't know how they are going to wrap it up, this short episode count really doesn't seem like proper ground to cover what fully happened, and considering the fact that they've skipped some stuff already, it makes the duration seem all the more laughable. Maybe 24 would've been a better size for this cour, but undeniably if they'd done that the animation would've been worse than it unfortunately is at times. The problem is that a twelve episode pacing feels awfully rushed for the final arc, while it certainly captures all the intensity of the source material, it feels like something's missing.
Mar 12, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Hopefully Izaya's end is finally coming very, very soon. Oh, and if Mikado pulls the gun on Masaomi then he really has fallen to his ultimate low.
Mar 12, 2016 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
erika using the red lenses to sneak into the crowd was hilarious.
and mikado looked pretty scary at the end there, i wonder if he'll really get out the gun.
Mar 12, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2015
daaamn, the rooftop conversation was intense, especially Kida's voice actor was on point there! ahhh and loved the music during the shizuo-izaya thing :P it'd be weird if izaya were to actually be killed-- i feel there can't be one if the other isn't there haha

didn't see any celty in the preview... i'm so worried about her :S
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Mar 12, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
The rooftop scene was scary. Mikado felt like a psycho. Nice to see Anri feeling more comfortable with herself after telling the guild about her being Saika.
Mar 12, 2016 12:08 PM

Nov 2014
Izaya is not going to die , i mean it's Izaya we're talking about here , haters gonna hate ~.
Pretty intense episode , it's good to see Masaomi and Mikado talking and Chikage back in action.
The stuff with Anri was pretty interesting.
Mar 12, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2014
It seems the score between Izaya and Shizuo not gonna be settled as their cat and dog relationship runs forever.
Mar 12, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
This reunion of Kida and Mikado was so melancholy that gave a pain in the heart, even being good
Mar 12, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
OMG walker <333333

I feel bad for Izaya now T_T

Masaomi and Mikado reunion killed me T________T
Mar 12, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
I am amazed Izaya can get up let alone walk away after getting flung by that steel beam.
Shizuo giving chase. He is not gonna let him get away.
Karisawa using red eye contacts to blend in with the Saika zombies. Good thinking there.
Kida and Mikado finally meeting. Its been a while.
2 more eps to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2014
Hooray for the new OVA.

2 episodes left, pls don't mess this up.
Mar 12, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
Ketsu is amazingly good
definitely aots for me
Mar 12, 2016 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
Haha, Erika did exactly what I hoping she would do, pretending to be infected by Saika ^^ I like how Kida heard Mikado's phone ring the same time as his own. Nice touch, and finally they meet after so long.

I have a feeling Kida's going to have to knock some sense into Mikado. I only hope Mikado doesn't use that gun he got earlier on his own friend.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 12, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
Considering no one's died I have doubts that someone will in the end but at the same time I feel it's possible, gah!

Cool episode though, wonder what Mikado has planned.
Mar 12, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
lol Erika saved herself by using contact lenses
Mar 12, 2016 4:07 PM
Apr 2014
Izaya better die in the next two episodes. I've been waiting the entire show for it to happen. This show better not dissapoint me.
Mar 12, 2016 5:06 PM

Jan 2015
Walker and Erika crack me up with Walker's reaction to Saika and Erika 'cosplaying' as a zombie lol

Anyway finally Mikado vs Masaomi in the next episode.... Get ready for the feels :(
Mar 12, 2016 5:30 PM

Mar 2011
Good as expected! Haha, Shizuo is really mad.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Mar 12, 2016 5:37 PM
Mar 2015
I'm a little disappointed that the Izaya Vs Shizuo has just bit's and pieces each episode. Can we PLEASE just finish the fight?!
Mar 12, 2016 6:37 PM
Jun 2015
Literally just 2 episodes left of this season, and I really feel like someone is gonna die.

Some of the character designs were a bit wonky, but I feel like they're saving the best for these last eps.

Pretty heartwarming moments with Anri and the van gang.

Nasujima is still being creepy and evil.

I wish Izaya would just get his much deserved ass whooping already, why are they dragging the Shizuo v. Izaya fight?
Mar 12, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, Everything happening around the city seems to be coalescing into the Tokyo Hand area.

Really liked the scene when Anri felt accepted by everyone :)

Walker's rejection and turn off by 3D was hilarious XD
Erika's zombie reaction XDD

Nice that Mikado and Kida finally met, Hope they can sort stuff out.

Shizuo really did a number on Izaya, He is truly a beast when it comes to going after Izaya.
Hope Izaya survives this onslaught.
Mar 12, 2016 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
srlovespandas96 said:
Literally just 2 episodes left of this season, and I really feel like someone is gonna die.

Some of the character designs were a bit wonky, but I feel like they're saving the best for these last eps.

Pretty heartwarming moments with Anri and the van gang.

Nasujima is still being creepy and evil.

I wish Izaya would just get his much deserved ass whooping already, why are they dragging the Shizuo v. Izaya fight?

most likly cause its the last that ends before the season is over soo the showdown fight at last
Mar 12, 2016 8:29 PM

Aug 2015
The death flags atm are killing me. Mikado is so freaking dangerous now.
I have such a bad feeling with Kida and Izaya, if any of them end up dying woah idk what to think.
Although the van scene was really heart warming.
I cant believe theres only 2 episodes left of drrr :(
(yay for the new ova though!)
LunitaMar 12, 2016 8:43 PM
Mar 12, 2016 8:39 PM
Feb 2016
Frustrating episode. Not much got resolved. I especially hoped to see more of the Mikado and Masaomi, since that was the cliffhanger of the last episode.

Not sure I like how Mikado is acting. I have to feel that expectations must be getting set up in order to pull a trick--one might think that creepy Mikado is a threat to Masaomi, but my wishful resolution is that Mikado is going to recruit Masaomi to wipe out the Blue Squares. If he really fights Masaomi, Mikado makes no sense to me.

My biggest peeve is the creepy teacher coming out of nowhere to be a big danger. Durarara has a lot of great villains, creepy teacher pales in comparison to them.

On the plus side, the scene with Anri and the van gang was super sweet. It was nice to see Mika being a friend too, she disappeared with Seiji so long.

Wonder what Shinra has up his sleeve for Celty. "What I'm about to do to her is much worse than punching or kicking her". "She'll be mad when she regains her memories".
Mar 12, 2016 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
I love Izaya but enough is enough. He needs to die if he isn't going to stop.

Kida's breaking my heart. To see him joke with a desperate voice like that... Mikado better not pull out that gun.

I don't know how Shinra is going to get Celty's memories back but I do remember the promise she made that he plans on keeping. The one where she said she wouldn't retrieve her head and get back her old memories until after he was dead.

I wonder if both people will die together in all of these situations though. Kida and Mikado, Izaya and Shizuo and Celty and Shinra. Hope it doesn't happen like this. But either way, I'm preparing myself for a tragic ending.
JotakakMar 12, 2016 9:14 PM
Mar 12, 2016 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
morbious37 said:

My biggest peeve is the creepy teacher coming out of nowhere to be a big danger. Durarara has a lot of great villains, creepy teacher pales in comparison to them.

The anime is not giving him enough screentime. Even the novels, where he was still given pretty bare exposure, gave him better focus than this. This anime should've been 15+ episodes or more to begin with, the pacing is more rushed compared to the novel. The novel is rushed in its own regard, but not this badly. I'm somewhat dissapointed with how it's being handled in this adaption, but nonetheless realize that the animation would be complete crap (more than it already is, with wonky fluctuations in quality and all), if Ketsu were expanded to a 15-24 episode cour.

Nonetheless, this makes me die a little inside.

removed-userMar 12, 2016 9:52 PM
Mar 12, 2016 11:59 PM

Aug 2015
Poor Izaya ....T____T
Erika and red contact lens Lol XD
Mar 13, 2016 12:22 AM

Jul 2014
Anri's scene with Mika was heartwarming.
Mar 13, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Im the only one who wonder how the fuck Izaya survived or even manages to move after being hitted like a baseball ball by a fucking iron beam and broke a window? He calls Shizuo a monster, but he is also pretty resistent himself. Anyway, I cannot wait to see the ending of their fight.

Anri's confession moment and the others accepting her despite having Saika (bare Namie xD) was sweet. I wonder if she will be the one who defeats Nasujima (he says pretty lewd things this episode). I like Anri a lot.

RIP chat, you will be missed ;_; Shinra's feelings for Celty are sweet. Messed up, but sweet after all :) And Rocchi being a badass even beaten with a baseball stick. What a badass.

And now, Mikado and Izaya confrontation. I have to say, Mikado looked really badass in that scene, his development have been very good compared to the boring kid of the first season. Something says me that Kida wouldn't be capable of covert him.

Althought I have liked the series so far, I'm still wondering about what some characters will do in the last two episodes (Akabayashi, Izumi, Slon, the police officer...). So far, the story have been directed to a conclusive ending, but I will like to see all the subplots finished for good.
Mar 13, 2016 1:37 PM
Feb 2016

Masaomi’s unimpressed cheese home screen in that last scene was hilarious!
Mar 13, 2016 2:46 PM
Apr 2014
Why do I get this strange feeling that Mikado is going to kill Kida for some stupid reason? His personality is way too weird by now. Even the "evil" people in this city are more sane than him.

And it was really surprising to see Izaya move. That hit looked way too serious for that slight limp he had. Really expected him to drop immediately after getting up. Seems like he is tougher than he looks :D

So many stages right now. I'm so curious how it ends up D:
Mar 13, 2016 9:42 PM

Mar 2014
MIKADO I SWEAR TO GOD. If he pulls this gun out on Masaomi I am so done.
AnimeAdamOPMar 14, 2016 8:39 AM
Mar 13, 2016 11:38 PM

Oct 2011
AnimeAdamOP said:
MIKADO I SWEAR TO GOD. If he pulls this gut out on Masaomi I am so done.

OMG T__T
Me too !!!!
Mar 14, 2016 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
krauser-chan said:

Masaomi’s unimpressed cheese home screen in that last scene was hilarious!

Damn, I didn't catch that. That's actually really funny!! Gotta love dem easter eggs...
Mar 14, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
"My dream is so simple. I just want to love the person I love forever. That's all"
;____;
Mar 14, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2015
Why does everyone have something against Izaya? He's such a cool guy, and without him, the story would be nowhere as good as it is.

I'm hoping Izaya will survive, anyway, 5/5 episode. I'm interested in Kida and Mikado's meeting as well.
Mar 14, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
The reason why I dislike Izaya, as I've said a thousand times before, is because, aside from the fact that his personality and antics in the first arc spiraled Ikebukuro into chaos and he repulses me in other ways, not being that physically attractive IMHO compared to the series other male characters, he's just generally… deplorable, and not the kind of deplorable I find myself drawn to. He really has no excuse for his actions, all his backstory seems to imply is that he just went crazy one day for no notable reason and that vagueness bothers me. He has no real rooting or motive, even implied, just an ass for the sake of being an ass.

Here is to me never understanding why Izaya seems to have mass appeal, but then again I've almost always hated the guy from the start and throughout. While at first I was the slightest bit amused by his awful antics and repulsed by others, now I can certifiably say that he pisses me off. I've always wanted to rightfully punch the bastard in the face. He lures teenage girls to suicide, for god's sake, I think that having a personal connotation for me is one of the most bothersome aspects pertaining to the things he does. among other things, obviously. like, who in their right mind thinks that his doing that is okay?

Why does everyone think Izaya's the best thing since sliced bread though? He just doesn't have that… appeal to me? does anyone actually feel the same way as I about this? He just doesn't grab my attention that much in the captivating sense. The only thing that really enthuses me is the running gag fights with Shizuo but other than that I don't find him as attractive nor as interesting as other guys in the show.

The only thing that really enthuses me about Izaya is the fights he has with Shizuo, and when Shizuo tries to beat his ass. Why do I obviously like Shizuo more than Izaya? Because Shizuo is actually capable of feeling some sort of sympathy for what he's done, he's just a guy with enormous anger issues weighing him down and what happens to be super strength. Even so, Shizuo is far from the best character of the series either, in fact, either Shizuo or Izaya don't make my top five, and evidently might not even make my top ten, characters in Durarara. Izaya is asking for pretty much any treachery that comes to him, Shizuo has a problem and clearly wants to help himself but doesn't know how. Izaya does know how, he simply opts not to. Thus, his doing anything abhorrent means that he should know that people are going to avenge his actions, endangering him. I really have no sympathy left for the dude, nor do a lot of other people. At one point, he was an important plot device, but by this point, his arc as a villain is at an end, and thus, a lot of people don't care if his life is at one either. After all he has done he is deserving of some kind of karmic payback. Only die hard fans of Izaya will beg to differ or justify his doings, and say that he doesn't deserve it. He's not some perfect angel. Hell, even some people who do like him claim that he deserves the beatings by Shizuo he is receiving right now.
removed-userMar 14, 2016 6:58 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.