Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
ChihayaxArata was unexpectedly anticlimatic. I guess since they spent so much time building up expectations they figured they shouldn't overdo it?
Mar 4, 2016 7:20 AM
Mar 2015
Suetsugu did think it was important for Taichi to be watching Chihaya play Arata at this point. Chihaya has not played Arata in 6 years Most of their rose colored memories are tied up in the time they spent together. In Chihaya's flashback the three of them are always smiling whereas the three of them rarely smile in real life.
The art of Chihaya seeing Taichi is beautiful as are the flashback Chihaya has of Team Chihayafuru.
Although it is their memories of Team Chihayafuru that brought them together the realities of the match bring Chihaya back to the reality that she is the captain of Mizusawa She points to the headband and says to Taichi and Arata that Mizusawa not Team Chihayafuru are her companions. Chihaya moves on from childhood dreams in the course of the match. By the end when she announces Mizusawa's 5-0 victory her time as Captain Mizusawa is over and she is ready to move on with her life
She is able to smile at Arata and realize that she can actually play with him. (Her romantic goal was to play Arata on an equal level)
Mar 5, 2016 12:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Suddenly 5-0 stomp. Arata got surprisingly wrecked by Chihaya I have to say
Mar 5, 2016 1:36 PM
Nov 2015
XD I really like how both Taichi and Arata be like "Chihaya, I'm here! Hey, b*tch! Notice me!" And, not that it's really important, but Chihaya noticed Taichi first. Fangirls scream now!

I also like how Arata be like "Dammit, she noticed that bastard first, I should play rough now!" LOL. And, Chihaya just said "He's incredible. Ow ow, owwiiee!" I can't stop laughing while reading this chapter.

Oof, 5-0! That is former champion showing some swag!

PS: My interpretation above is just me having fun lol. Please don't take it seriously. Fanboys & fangirls here tend to overreact over the smallest things. Especially if it's Arata vs Taichi. :p
Mar 5, 2016 3:06 PM
Jul 2012
I want them to spend more time developing Arata. Considering how much development Taichi and Chihaya are able to get it's kinda hard to care for Arata since he rarely receives any screentime but anyways Chihaya kept her priorities in order during the match and made sure she won. Next chapter should be something fun.
Mar 5, 2016 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
5-0....

Wow. I agree about building up Arata more for the latest chapters but I think the match itself had quite a bit of emotions poured into it as well.
Mar 5, 2016 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
The emotions are strong with this one, especially when there was a flashback to the childhood times.

Also, this is probably the first time Chihaya beats Arata straight up - people on MAL might say that it is anticlimatic, but I think the emphasis was more on how strong Mizusawa as a team has become and how strong Chihaya can be when she is in the zone.

Really looking forward to the next chapters to see how the interactions between Taichi and everyone else! (the club members, and more importantly Chihaya and Arata)
Mar 5, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2015
Taichi looked seriously handsome in that scene.
Although Arata also looked very handsome with that serious face.
I feel a little bit sorry for him... he wanted Chihaya to look at him but Chihaya didn't.
It was a bit bad to only focused on "sound" and not pay attention to your opponent.
Mar 5, 2016 3:42 PM

Nov 2015
If I were Arata I will get upset too.
" Those who don't think about anything irrelevant are strong. The world where only the card and sound exist."

Chihaya focused too much on the sound that she didn't even paid any attention to her opponent - which mean that opponent is irrelevant, not worth paying attention to.

It's no wonder Arata was trying so hard for her to notice him. Sending those cards but in the end she still didn't noticed him... not until she saw Taichi.

No wonder he looked so sad at the end.

I guess it will be Arata's turn to have his own arc next.
What Chihaya did was painful and an insult.
Then it's like rubbing salt to the wound that they lose 5-0.
This will be a very big turn of event for Arata

What if Arata saw Taichi's name on her headband?
Because Arata was looking at her while she was looking at her side before fixing her headband.
MTKN9068Mar 5, 2016 4:01 PM
For salty fans
Mar 5, 2016 3:51 PM
Nov 2015
Nunnally03 said:
It was a bit bad to only focused on "sound" and not pay attention to your opponent.

Good point here. But, I think that's her ticket to the Queen's title. She's not the analytical/strategy type like Taichi and she's not an all around player like Arata. Her power is her hearing, her speed and probably her physicality (hand movement, posture, etc). So, I can see Chihaya's doing it again in her future matches. That is if Taichi (maybe Arata too, maybe) is not around watching her lol.
Mar 5, 2016 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
finestseeker17 said:
Nunnally03 said:

Good point here. But, I think that's her ticket to the Queen's title. She's not the analytical/strategy type like Taichi and she's not an all around player like Arata. Her power is her hearing, her speed and probably her physicality (hand movement, posture, etc). So, I can see Chihaya's doing it again in her future matches. That is if Taichi (maybe Arata too, maybe) is not around watching her lol.
Yeah. Looks like she is ready for the Queen. Lol

But I think the difference was that unlike Chihaya who is too focused on her match.. Arata was more focused with Chihaya.. wanting her to notice him.
Mar 5, 2016 5:43 PM

Jun 2014
I need more development between taichi and chihaya!!!!!

super happy that mizusawa won. shows how far chihaya has come because this current team is, I feel, an accurate representation of how chihaya has influenced so many others, and chihaya's strengths. as much as I miss taichi, I havw to admit this team is pretty boss, though second year was def best year
Mar 5, 2016 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
Holy fucking EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CHAPTER
The nostalgia. The flashbacks. The Arata vs Chihaya. The strength of Mizusawa. The strength of Chihaya. The observations of Taichi. My speculations of Taichihaya!! (sorry)
It was so wonderful.
This karuta had me on my toes, even though I'm sitting down.

Anyway, I can't wait for future development! Some pretty interesting love triangle stuff going down behind the scenes (or pretty obviously, I guess)
Mar 5, 2016 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
The outcome of the match was to be expected, given the more experienced players of Mizusawa, more character development with them over the more recently introduced Fujioka East club, whom I still struggle to remember all their names. Still surprising to see it was a landslide though, not even one win. Well, at least Chihaya won while wearing her own headband. But the best thing for me was the moment of Arata reminiscing playing Chihaya as kids, and vice versa.

But goddammit, Arata...he better start kicking ass again soon! Especially after he persuaded Suou from retiring so he can face him for the Meijin title after one more year.

Now I want a rematch with the individual matches, NAO!...with the next chapter apparently coming out next Tuesday in Japan.
Mar 6, 2016 12:32 AM

Oct 2012
Chihaya wasn't wearing her own headband.....she was wearing Taichi's....
Mar 6, 2016 5:15 AM

May 2010
i loved this story, i dont know why but after this, i want Chihaya to be independent woman XD i want to see her as a Queen and friend-zone both of them xD haha
well lets put wishful thinking aside, Taichi seems to be winning in Chihaya, and its fine just make sure Arata have a good story line <3
Mar 6, 2016 6:40 AM
Mar 2015
Too much feels in this chapter T_T
After this they have solo match, right? I wonder if taichi would participated too. Nah if that's happen omgg!! I cant wait for next chapter
Mar 6, 2016 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
She changed back to her own headband since Taichi's the impersonation of bad luck.
Mar 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2015
goblinlady said:
She changed back to her own headband since Taichi's the impersonation of bad luck.
No, she didn't change.
http://mangafox.me/manga/chihayafuru/v31/c163/19.html
See it's written "Taichi"
For salty fans
Mar 6, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
Huh, I didn't notice that. My bad, sorry!
Mar 6, 2016 1:01 PM
Nov 2015
Nunnally03 said:
But I think the difference was that unlike Chihaya who is too focused on her match.. Arata was more focused with Chihaya.. wanting her to notice him.

Yup, I thought so. Arata's not really in his full gear on that match. I'm not sure if he saw the Taichi headband or not, if he saw it, then... I dunno what to say lol. Talk about rubbing salt into wounds. I can't wait to see his reactions about Chihaya and his team's lost.
Mar 11, 2016 10:48 PM

Nov 2014
Dangg. I guess what happens after the match is more important. From watching this match, it was evident how much Chihaya has grown... Looking forward to the single-player matches:))
Mar 12, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Aww this chapter reminde of how much i love Arata<333. He is awesome and i really love his karuta like you can feel how strong and confident is he. If only Suetsugu wloud give him more attention.
Mar 16, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2013
With what Suo said to Taichi. I think there is less chance for Taichi to become the Meijin now.
As what Suo said,.. even though his parents raised him with the pressure of always having to become no.1 and the best, there are still lots of things that he have to thank them for.

and with that I think Taichi will just focus on his studies and become a doctor as a gratitude for his parents.

He may play Karuta still or play with Chihaya and rest and have a match with Arata but he will not become the Meijin.
*Yawn*
Not gonna argue again with a stupid troll.
Mar 18, 2016 2:26 AM

Sep 2011
MTKN9068 said:

Chihaya focused too much on the sound that she didn't even paid any attention to her opponent - which mean that opponent is irrelevant, not worth paying attention to.

Arata is not worth paying attention to... HAHAHAHAHA.

Mar 19, 2016 12:33 AM

Jan 2016
MTKN9068 said:
goblinlady said:
No, she didn't change.

woah... if i havent read this i would not have known either. i was too amazed by Chihaya's reaction the instance she saw Taichi... thanks for this.
Mar 19, 2016 12:37 AM

Jan 2016
I wonder what was supposed to be Chihaya's next words in these pages...
http://mangafox.me/manga/chihayafuru/v31/c163/21.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/chihayafuru/v31/c163/22.html

especially right after she saw Taichi and reminisced the day she was looking at Taichi at Arata's place when they were kids.
Mar 19, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2015
saki88 said:

especially right after she saw Taichi and reminisced the day she was looking at Taichi at Arata's place when they were kids.

It's like she wanted to tell Arata..

Arata I...
I can play Karuta with Arata again.
For salty fans
Mar 19, 2016 8:21 PM

Jan 2016
oh
MTKN9068 said:
saki88 said:

It's like she wanted to tell Arata..

Arata I...
I can play Karuta with Arata again.

oh i see.. i actually thought that she was going to tell him that ''Arata I... I saw Taichi' hehehe.. thanks
Mar 27, 2016 1:27 AM

Jun 2007
MTKN9068 said:
goblinlady said:
No, she didn't change.

omg thanks i didn't notice also
see you, space cowperson . . .
Apr 19, 2016 3:52 AM
Mar 2016
Actually this is not the first time that Chihaya chose someone else instead of Arata.

Do you remember Arata vs Harada's match?
Before their match begun Chihaya wanted Arata to win " I would want it to be Arata after all, For Arata to be the one to step first to the dream hall that he spoke of on that day " http://mangafox.me/manga/chihayafuru/v22/c114/5.html
But then in the end after weighing Arata and Harada's moment with her, the one she cheered on for was Harada.

This time too. Even though she was finally able to play with Arata. In the end she chose her team instead of Arata.

That's why I agree with someone who said that it is a mistake for Arata to make a team now.

Because his team is the only new one in that room that time - which is pretty admirable of him, to think that he had to play the role of the team leader and Ace at the same time ( a role that Taichi and Chihaya had to play together)

But every team in that room has been together for years. They have been training and working hard together, cry together when they lose, cheer for each other when they are down and celebrate together, they have a bond that will be hard to break.
That's why in their last year together, they gave it their all - "for victory I will do everything" is what all of them are thinking.

Chihaya is not the only one who did everything for her team. Hyoro who hate using Hyorott cards used them in order to win, Rion who is lazy worked hard for her team. They have a bond with their team.

So what Chihaya did for her team is right.
But the way Chihaya treated Arata is wrong.

If you will think about Arata and Chihaya's history together, Arata is her friend, someone she want to play Karuta with, the person who introduced Karuta to her.
She was able to pay attention to her team - meaning they are relevant.
But she didn't paid any attention to Arata - meaning for her, Arata that time is someone irrelevant.

After Arata did everything to get her attention. Taichi who is not trying to get her attention is the first one she noticed. Only then did she realized she was able to play Karuta with Arata again.

You can slowly see that Chihaya has changed a lot from how she usually is. She is no longer the same Chihaya who's mind is full of nothing but "Arata"
Oct 30, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2016
Awesome chapter
I'm glad Taichi is finally back but I hope hope he feels super guilty for not being there to play with Mizusawa on the senpais' last year T^T They got only 3rd place because his leaving the club left them all in despair. He could've just stopped playing karuta after that year so they could still go for the last possible chance for a consecutive title all together.
anyway surprised chihaya beat Arata, she's totally ready for the Queen
Jan 14, 2018 3:34 PM

Nov 2016
Didn't feel like Arata gave full power here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2019
Arata was't going all out against chihaya. His karuta is one of the strongest point of this manga. I don't want to see him getting emotionally rekt like taichi did just because of chihaya.
Nov 25, 2020 10:39 AM
Nov 2020
honestly didn't expect chihaya to win against arata but the development in the match and the emotions with the flashbacks and taichi showing up, given the momentum of the match, it makes sense she won, esp cause arata was also a bit distracted while playing. i agree with another comment that said they wish arata had more development. fr, the only development i've seen was his match against harada and him making a club, i want him and chihaya to grow emotionally a bit more just like taichi went through it.
May 6, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2020
semi bruh moment.
Aug 18, 2022 6:59 AM
Jun 2019
Yo I love my boy taichiiiii so much! So emotional right now!

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.