Forum Settings
Forums

“Sports Illustrated” Just Revealed Its First-Ever Curvy Swimsuit Model

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2016 9:26 PM

Jun 2014
Her thighs are ugly as hell.. Dayum.
Feb 9, 2016 11:40 PM

May 2013
aw man she's totally hot tbh

that's so far from obese

obese is when you're like almost the size of a mini cooper. That's just a slightly big girl.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 9, 2016 11:53 PM

Mar 2008
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Just seeing them makes me afraid she would crush me with those thighs.
Feb 10, 2016 2:01 AM

Mar 2014
Done said:
Comic_Sans said:
So according to buzzfeed, plus size = curvy

Please

I think we've already established that buzzfeed is run by a bunch of numbnuts.
True

I mean, apart from her thighs I actually think she looks okay for being fat/obese/whatever you want to call her (unlike Tess Holiday) but curvy? No, I don't see it

Marilyn Monroe was curvy and she definitely wasn't overweight
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 10, 2016 3:05 AM

Jun 2014
I don't really understand when 'curvy' became synonymous with overweight or 'chunky' or w/e adjective one would like to use. Traditionally it was used to define a 'shape' not to define a weight like it is now. It's quite odd to me.

At any rate, she's clearly overweight, whether she's obese is up for debate as bmi is a pretty poor way to actually gauge that. Still an odd choice imo for a 'sports' magazine though let's be honest, the swim suit issue has little to do with sports. =P
Feb 10, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2015
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
I know this is old news but I'm against this whole "body positive movement", it's just giving people who are fat another excuse to hide behind for why they aren't losing weight.

Well she still looks really pretty in all of the pictures though
I think it's fine that they have curvy people in magazines. They are proud of themselves, I think that inspires self confidence
There are plenty of other messages that are being spread in magazines/media that are far worse, imo
Feb 10, 2016 3:44 AM

May 2014
I mean, I think we should all stay at a healthy weight. But that chick isn't even fat... Shes just chubby, which is perfectly fine. I doubt she has any health problems from it.
There’s no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable, the accidental
and the things we do.
Feb 10, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2016
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
I think that a bunch of weebs with no muscle definition sitting around criticizing other bodies is fucking hilarious and sad.

+1

I bet most people criticising just happen to be skinny and do minimal exercise anyways. Kinda unfair.
Dimethylanime said:
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
I know this is old news but I'm against this whole "body positive movement", it's just giving people who are fat another excuse to hide behind for why they aren't losing weight.

I think it's fine that they have curvy people in magazines. They are proud of themselves, I think that inspires self confidence
There are plenty of other messages that are being spread in magazines/media that are far worse, imo

+1
Feb 10, 2016 4:12 AM

Apr 2014
Well there's nothing wrong with her body, that's curvy; but the weight has definitley gone to her thighs.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Feb 10, 2016 4:40 AM

Jun 2013
Dimethylanime said:
FreshPrinceofMAL said:

It's true that there are worse messages being spread by the media and I'm all for slightly bigger models because I'm not attracted to sickly thin women, but that's my personal taste. Hell, quite a few people called Kate Upton fat when she appeared in the magazine but imo she's almost perfect. And those other pictures are heavily photoshopped like they do to all their other models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKlVyUJw3TM
Feb 10, 2016 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
I would call them outright fat,but they certainly do seem to be overweight.

I do not see anything remotely attractive about it and furthermore,it is not exactly healthy.
Feb 10, 2016 4:54 AM

Mar 2008
El_Psy said:
I mean, I think we should all stay at a healthy weight. But that chick isn't even fat... Shes just chubby, which is perfectly fine. I doubt she has any health problems from it.

Her waist to hip ratio is about 0.65 which is considered normal range but her BMI is is 29.7 which is basically obese in that system. So it's not really that simple. There has been contradicting information on which system is a better indicator of health.
Feb 10, 2016 5:05 AM

May 2009
First off, stop calling this "curvy". It's fat; curvy is pretty much the exact opposite.

Second, while it's nice that fat people are feeling more confident than ever with their bodies now, is this really necessary? If being too thin is an issue, why isn't being fat one?

Third, if thinness is considered unhealthy, then I'm curious how one can justify this, because this doesn't really look healthy to me, either..

For the record, I myself am overweight and I still don't find fat women attractive. However, I also don't find those extremely thin women (those who don't seem to have any flesh whatsoever and are pretty much skin and bones) attractive, either. I'd like my girls to have some meat on their bones.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2016 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Er...."First-Ever Curvy" pretty sure even thin women have curves. This thin shaming society is disgusting I love how now slim women are not only "starving themselves" even when they're not but now can't possess curves and are something to be ashamed of.

Oh wait Buzzfeed...why do yo bring this internet cancer here.
Feb 10, 2016 5:30 AM
May 2015
Well she's not ugly, but I probably think this is fat? I mean, no matter how I look at the pictures, my mind can't comprehend that she's not overweight. Anyways this thread gave me the chills, look how mean and ugly the comments are. Some of course. I don't think this is healthy, but she's free to do whatever she likes with her body. Good for her, she had the guts to do this.
Feb 10, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2016
shes definitely overweight, and quite ugly. "curvy" would be like Sabrina Sato and Julia Kyoka to give some examples.
Feb 10, 2016 8:22 AM

Dec 2013
oooh the girl could squish a coconut between them thighs
Feb 10, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
She's one of the prettiest people I've seen.

Big or not, the bitch can slaaayyeee hunny!
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 10, 2016 8:40 AM

Jul 2015
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
I think that a bunch of weebs with no muscle definition sitting around criticizing other bodies is fucking hilarious and sad.

You're trying too hard to get noodz mate.

BTW, just a side note, but that nearly obese girl still looks better than most anorexic models :p.

traed said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Just seeing them makes me afraid she would crush me with those thighs.

I'm with Kagami_Hiiragi on this one, her thighs are mesmerizing. They're like an episode of Elfen Lied, my brain and penis have contradictory opinions on them :c.
Feb 10, 2016 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Done said:

I think we've already established that buzzfeed is run by a bunch of numbnuts.
True

I mean, apart from her thighs I actually think she looks okay for being fat/obese/whatever you want to call her (unlike Tess Holiday) but curvy? No, I don't see it

Marilyn Monroe was curvy and she definitely wasn't overweight

Marilyn Monroe was curvy, but I also found her to be a skinny girl with curves.

I always hear bigger girls (no offense to y'all) try to see Marilyn as this "big girl" idol, when she wasn't even that big whatsoever.
Her waist to hip ratio was 24 to 36, while mine is 26 to 43 and even I still consider myself pretty slim and not big at all.

Although curves have more to do with with the ratio rather than the size of the person I suppose.
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 10, 2016 8:48 AM

Sep 2015
ewh that woman is pig disgusting. is it so hard to do some sport and skip the candy bars? probably....

Feb 10, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2011
She's ok, certainly not obese. Pretty face, but I don't think she looks all that good in a bikini.

Why does it always seem to be two extremes with the modeling? Why not instead of disgustingly skinny girls, and the occasional plus size model, can they have just an average healthy weight model? I know they exist, but a lot of the time their "faults" get photoshop'd out. I think putting an end to that stuff would be better for the general populace then just having the occasional overweight pretty women with her cellulite photoshop'd out and call her "curvy".

She looks alright though, saying she looks disgusting is going way too far. She just isn't really suited for modeling swimsuits.
Feb 10, 2016 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
@Fintan

She's ok, certainly not obese.
Only that her BMI is over 29, which is obesity.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 10, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
Immahnoob said:
@Fintan

She's ok, certainly not obese.

Where did you find out her body mass lol? It's kinda sad you're going to those lengths just to call some random woman obese...
Feb 10, 2016 12:56 PM

Feb 2016
That model isn't fat at all. She looks like a normal, sexy woman and I applaud her for modeling in Sports Illustrated. You go, girl.
Feb 10, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
Fintan said:
Immahnoob said:
@Fintan

Where did you find out her body mass lol? It's kinda sad you're going to those lengths just to call some random woman obese...
I'm just stating facts, nothing else.

MadameFlowers said:
That model isn't fat at all. She looks like a normal, sexy woman and I applaud her for modeling in Sports Illustrated. You go, girl.
Kek.

BMI over 29.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/norawhelan/ashley-graham-in-sports-illustrated#.hr12PvleX4

Beyonce is "curvy" she's almost obese.

You don't have to be Kiera Knightly thin or Chris Hemsworth buff but holy shit at least have some self respect. And if you say that it's not anyone else's business what you do with your body it has been shown to have an affect on society as a whole:

I think she is hot.Sure she is not a skin and bones or hula hooping with Cheerios, but at the same time she is probably not shopping at the jumbo size section of the clothing stores.
Feb 10, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2016
Immahnoob said:
Kek.

BMI over 29.

Opinions, facts, whatever. I still think she looks good.
Feb 10, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
Feb 10, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
MadameFlowers said:
Immahnoob said:
Kek.

BMI over 29.

Opinions, facts, whatever. I still think she looks good.
The issue isn't that she looks good or not. The magazine is about sports, unless they use the title as a joke or some shit.

She's surely not fit. She's miles away from that.

That's pretty much the issue with this whole thing. The issue also resides in that they're lying about how being "fat is good".

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
@Clebardman The only models that are sometimes actually anorexic are runway models. I've never seen seemingly anorexic models anywhere else than high fashion modelling. The ones in Sports Illustrated, or the models for Victoria' s Secret or whatever are mostly pretty healthy and good shape.

@Fintan I was who posted her BMI. I looked it up out of curiosity and more certainty whether visual estimates were correct or not. Not for the reasons you said.
traedFeb 10, 2016 1:27 PM
Feb 10, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
That chick is definitely curvy. http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/curvy

a curvy woman has an attractive body with large breasts, a small waist, and wide hips

From the pictures I've seen only her butt is not curvy, it looks pretty flat.
She looks pretty good to me and I much rather see her than those flat Victoria Secret models with no boobs, no hips, no thighs, no ass, no nothing.
Feb 10, 2016 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
It will still be the same people buying the magazine, so good for her, I guess. I believe that being confident in oneself is a good thing, as long as it isn't followed with the expectation that everyone else agree with you.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 10, 2016 11:08 PM

Jun 2008
Take it from a huge American sports fan....

No one gives a shit about this magazine anymore.

No one cares about magazines in general anymore period!

I just don't know how it still exists....

I mean why read about yesterday's or even two days old news when I can read about what is going on RIGHT NOW on the Internet?
Feb 10, 2016 11:54 PM

Jun 2008
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
j0x said:
for a fat woman she is still sexy though, i will not call that kind of body obese
She's pretty close, and just because she has curves doesn't mean she's not, the lack of collarbones and excess of cellulite in her lower extremities proves otherwise.

That is a very strange bosy to be honest. She seems to have very fat thighs and arms etc while not really that much fat on her stomach although she also quite big boned.
It seems like she did some body building and then stopped or something and took some musle proteins without much exercise.
Feb 13, 2016 9:59 AM

Feb 2008
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
j0x said:
for a fat woman she is still sexy though, i will not call that kind of body obese
She's pretty close, and just because she has curves doesn't mean she's not, the lack of collarbones and excess of cellulite in her lower extremities proves otherwise.

She is not at the obese stage yet, she is still overweight . Also note that she seems to store fat mostly around her hips and thighs, which is a good thing since abdominal obesity is the one that actually kills people.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.