Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 30, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I guess episode got more serious again with a bit of experimentation as well.

Felt kinda odd but a nice transition especially with the background storytelling about the mysterious human melting phenomenon. I feel like Kuon and Haku's relationship also got closer. Some weird comedy aside, I think it was a decent episode.
Stark700Jan 30, 2016 9:48 AM
Jan 30, 2016 9:38 AM
Oct 2015
Yep , As i thought, they skipped "That Scene Sequence" lol
Jan 30, 2016 9:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm speechless....Just like that, everyone comes together nicely and we finally have our answers from S1

I was surprised to see that not only was Haku one of the scientists in that station but that the Emperor is his older brother....The stuff with his wife and daughter plus what happened to the humans etc was pretty sad

That ending tho.....FML (And is it just me or did a certain MILF angel get thicker HNNNNNGGG)
TokoyaJan 30, 2016 10:43 AM
Jan 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
Deep storytelling.
Jan 30, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
theories and stories aside haku reaction at the beginning was priceless
Jan 30, 2016 10:12 AM

Jan 2012
THIS should have been the previous episode instead of that nonsense we got last week. A fascinating infodump to be sure. So that's why the emperor allows such slaughter, he views the non-humans he created as beneath him, and Haku's a human too, so they should all worship him too! :D
Jan 30, 2016 10:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hana_Kitsune said:
Yep , As i thought, they skipped "That Scene Sequence" lol
Mind explaining what this sequence is?
Jan 30, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2012
Alright! This episode...can't express by words how amazing this was! Now as somebody above said, everything comes together. Will we find out how Haku survived? And what's going on with Hakuroro? Still sealed?
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Jan 30, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode. Its sad that certain things seemingly wont be covered, but oh well. Time limits.
Still the pacing was decent for this, far more comprehensible flashback than the one in the first show. Works real well with Haku's development last episode.

Either way, the cat's out of the bag - Utawarerumono is set in our earth's future. After great cataclysm the surface was made uninhabitable and humans survived for years upon years in underground shelters and cities, building and researching ways to survive on the new surface. And while humanity's journey has come to an end, their children, their creations, eventually inherited the world.

Last episode Haku questioned his own powerlessness and this episode he addressed his fears about what country did, forcing Emperor to reveal a secret that would change Haku's life. However while Haku has found a relative and some peace, that peace seemingly will be short-lasting considering how the last scene negotiations between Yamato and Tuskuru, Kuon's birth country, went. Now, it seems that Haku will get to see his worries and fears put to the test. As well as his faith in his real family versus the family he made himself.

5/5 for the episode.

animefan8800 said:
THIS should have been the previous episode instead of that nonsense we got last week.

Yes, let's skip main character's character development! Good idea.
AhenshihaelJan 30, 2016 10:36 AM
Jan 30, 2016 10:36 AM

Jan 2012
Fai said:
Great episode. Its sad that certain things seemingly wont be covered, but oh well. Time limits.

Still the pacing was decent for this, far more comprehensible flashback than the one in the first show. Works real well with Haku's development last episode.

animefan8800 said:
THIS should have been the previous episode instead of that nonsense we got last week.

Yes, let's skip main character's character development! Good idea.

Eh, nothing of value would have been lost for me. Very first thing I wanted to see Haku do after seeing that slaughter was confront the emperor, not brood and have manservice drunk parties. This episode nearly literally began where I thought last week should. And learning about his past easily woulda sufficed as development.
Jan 30, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
They sure took their sweet time, it was the first good episode since... the first episode. It says a lot about "character development" when it's easier to feel for the Emperor when he had just a few scenes than any of the main characters. Oh yeah, all that fujoshi crap and other nonsense sure developed them well...

Well, looks like Yamato will invade Tusukuru to get to Hakuoros "grave" which would allow the Emperor and bland MC to continue the research. And bland MC will probably stand in his way while saying something like "humans already had their chance". I sure hope the rest of the series will be worth getting through all that crap from previous 15 episodes. And that neither the director nor people responsible for writing and composition will have anything to do with next season. Especially the director...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 30, 2016 11:00 AM

Jul 2009
Wow so that's the grounds the emperor and Yamato are going to have for attacking Tsukuru.

Yup, they're in the wrong. Fuck dem. TSUKURU, KICK THEIR ASSES!

It's sad how the emperor is obsessed with humans. He doesn't see his people as people, just "decoys". They have feelings too you know. And for all intents and purposes they are human. As human as need be.
Jan 30, 2016 11:03 AM
May 2010
So they really did skip over the visit to the ruins, anyway great info dump episode. lol
can't be helped though I guess they want to still suprise people when they play the game.
Jan 30, 2016 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
that was quite an interesting episode, we got a lot of information and haku's past!
Jan 30, 2016 11:08 AM

Feb 2008
The Emperor have live too long and can't longer think as them as human, sadly how weak we human are when we are alone.

Inugirlz said:
Wow so that's the grounds the emperor and Yamato are going to have for attacking Tsukuru.

Yup, they're in the wrong. Fuck dem. TSUKURU, KICK THEIR ASSES!

It's sad how the emperor is obsessed with humans. He doesn't see his people as people, just "decoys". They have feelings too you know. And for all intents and purposes they are human. As human as need be.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 30, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
Good shit. Loved the infodump and finding out about the Emperor, Haku, Tatari...etc

Still wondering where Haku was all this time that the Mikado was alive building the new world filled with "decoys" also can't wait til they mention Hakuoro directly and not just some hinting :P

The scene with Tuskuru at the end...:(

Anyone mind going in a bit more details to the skipped scene?
Jan 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
Antanaru said:
They sure took their sweet time, it was the first good episode since... the first episode. It says a lot about "character development" when it's easier to feel for the Emperor when he had just a few scenes than any of the main characters. Oh yeah, all that fujoshi crap and other nonsense sure developed them well...

Well, looks like Yamato will invade Tusukuru to get to Hakuoros "grave" which would allow the Emperor and bland MC to continue the research. And bland MC will probably stand in his way while saying something like "humans already had their chance". I sure hope the rest of the series will be worth getting through all that crap from previous 15 episodes. And that neither the director nor people responsible for writing and composition will have anything to do with next season. Especially the director...

Thank god, someone with a brain. Well said mate
Jan 30, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
That was an interesting episode.

We finding out more about the Emperor, Haku and Tatari.
Jan 30, 2016 11:31 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Fantastic episode. Best of this series so far. We finally know who Haku really is. Jeez.. that was great!

5/5
Jan 30, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2015
oboro has a fucking mustache XD
Jan 30, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
HOLY CRAP THIS EPISODE WTF O.O
So this is Haku...and his brother created everyone wow.
Guess Haku didn't age due to that experiment his brother did, wonder how the emperor lived for so long though..

Wonder why all the humans started to melt though...that's really weird.

Really sad past, can't blame his older brother for going a bit crazy after what he went through.

Family eh...guess Haku will have to make a choice soon.
Tsukuru looks really great.
Another "war" with Kuon's country... don't like this.

Now I feel like I'm missing a lot by not watching 1st season, maybe I should marathon it >.>
Unexpected but still good episode.

Edit:
Now this makes a lot of sense after having finished the first season
Poor Mikoto though ;-;
nerfxFeb 23, 2016 1:22 PM
Jan 30, 2016 12:28 PM

May 2015
That was one heck of an interesting and fantastic episode. Lots of things were explained, and gotta say, it was explained quite well too in my opinion. That moment was beautiful too, where Haku and his brother found each other at last again. Yea, it was simply an amazing episode, one of the best. Can't wait for next episode.

Jan 30, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
Yes! Finally they tell us more about Haku's past. They also showed Hakuoro when they showed Haku's brother researching. This week's ep was amazing!
Jan 30, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2007
nerfx said:

So this is Haku...and his brother created the everyone wow.

Only Yamato people. Tuskuru and the rest of japan races are the experiments from Iceman Project labs and most likely for other labs over the world. Emperor only created Yamato's citizens and Yamato itself.

Wonder why all the humans started to melt though...that's really weird.

Explained in the first season.
Jan 30, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2014
@Fai
Yeah, only the "decoys", should've written better~
Jan 30, 2016 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
Even though this single episode made more sense than like the entire last half of the first season, this backstory is still the most ridiculous shit ever. To laughable extents. People just turn into CGI gloop randomly, like... really? This episode was so overly angsty too, why do they think we're gonna care about an emperor that's only had like two scenes?
Jan 30, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2007
straggy said:
People just turn into CGI gloop randomly, like... really?

Explained in first season.

This episode was so overly angsty too, why do they think we're gonna care about an emperor that's only had like two scenes?

I am pretty sure we are supposed to think he is insane and care more about Haku's conflict than a guy who treated his creations as inferior toys.
Jan 30, 2016 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
straggy said:
People just turn into CGI gloop randomly, like... really?

Explained in first season.

Except I watched the first season literally just a few months ago and it didn't explain shit. It was unintelligible bs.
Jan 30, 2016 2:03 PM
Oct 2015
Finally, it's getting into the meat of the story!

So, the Emperor's and Haku's origins, and the former's goals, are finally presented. I guess I can feel some pity for the Emp, seeing what happened to him, but I don't rally think he's in the right.

So, Amaterasu was originally a climate regulating satelite, or at least could be used as such. Sounds similar to the Oratorio #8 from Eureka 7, which was designed to generate energy but could be used as a weapon if you turned the intensity way up.

Loved when Kuon sang that song from her "mother" near the end. Speaking of the herb girl, Eruruu is now literally the only surviving character from season 1 whose face we did not see. What's up with that?

And my gawd, Tuskuru! They've been busy! When we see it's capital, I at first tough we were looking at another one of Yamato's cities. Despite what was said previously about the difference in development, at first glance it's doesn't look THAT shabby (tough Yamato certainly does things WAY bigger).

Looks like Yamato and Tuskuru are going to be duking it out next few episodes. PREPARE FOR WAR!

Can't wait!
Jan 30, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
How does this whole post-apocalyptic sci-fi future thing relates to the things that we are seeing now at the moment - a war between different factions? Is there any normal thematic relation because I still can't except this ridiculous concept, this sci-fi, lab, human experimentation doesn't fit into this medieval-ish setting at all.
Jan 30, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Finally. This episode makes so much of what has happened in both the first season and this one make perfect sense. I'll admit though, I recently rewatched the first season and still can't remember why humans turned into the Curses like they did. As for that scene at the end, I guess I was supposed to hate Yamato and its inhabitants all along to prepare for their war with Tusukuru. I really hope that the people in Tusukuru destroy the Yamato army and its generals, even with the masks helping Yamato out. It also makes me wonder what the Emperor wants Hakuoro for, cos he definitely knew that Hakuoro wasn't a normal human.

Let's just hope the rest of the series is like this and not like last week's episode full of "character development" (the non-existent kind in the case of the last week).
Jan 30, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
And so the truth of the world has been revealed.

I wasn't expecting them to be so straightforward with revealing the secrets of the world, but it was still cool nonetheless.

Hakuro cameo during the flashback was cool.

Looks like conflict between Yamatai and Tuskuru is about to happen.
Jan 30, 2016 3:23 PM

Sep 2010
Finally I see all I wanted to see.

1. I finally understood in deep the season one mystery as in season 1, the past era was only briefly touched. (but my god it would be hard to jump into this ep without knowing.)

2. We finally will see Tuskuru brigade... possibly even Hakurou... if Hakurou appears easy 10/10

3. We finally get a pretty good hint as to why Haku and 'Ukon mask form' ( also known as Oshtoru but I like Ukon more Oshtoru char is meh)... so we finally can tell why those two look 'the same' (apart from Ukon often hitting a gym). The emperor confirmed that he made 'fakes' for both his wife and daughter... obviously he made one for his little bro as well and that's our Ukon.

I am really happy with this explanation.

4. As to how all those masks suddenly appeared. Well they are all just copy of THE ONE TURE MASK wore by Hakurou. And they were made by emperor.

Still they want to invade Tuskuru, oh they will get reckt, although for that to happen Hakurou needs to wake up and stretch out a little. It's not good sleeping all day.

5. Still to think that Haku's true form all this time was a red jelly... no wonder he didn't remember anything, Who would want to remember such live.

6. The interaction between Kuon and Haku at the end was great. I must say that while S01 was basically better in nearly every aspect, the romance part is much better in S02. Even in the sea of Fujioshi Kuon remains a very likeable character.

Anyway great episode and great build up for the future.

Now I just need some Bewani's greatness and nitoryu action from moustache Oboro until we see how Hakuro resurrects and recks everything! (right somewhere in between I need Haku killing his brother emperor for the greater good as it's clear that the emperor is far from a good guy and he has a God complex... there was never a good character who has a God complex)
Jan 30, 2016 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
eso18 said:
Finally I see all I wanted to see.
3. We finally get a pretty good hint as to why Haku and 'Ukon mask form' ( also known as Oshtoru but I like Ukon more Oshtoru char is meh)... so we finally can tell why those two look 'the same' (apart from Ukon often hitting a gym). The emperor confirmed that he made 'fakes' for both his wife and daughter... obviously he made one for his little bro as well and that's our Ukon.

I totally missed that connection. Thank you.
eso18 said:

Still they want to invade Tuskuru, oh they will get reckt, although for that to happen Hakurou needs to wake up and stretch out a little. It's not good sleeping all day.

Right?! I totally want Hakuorou to wake up. PLEASE HAPPEN (And wreck dem losers)

eso18 said:
5. Still to think that Haku's true form all this time was a red jelly... no wonder he didn't remember anything, Who would want to remember such live.

Wait what? Haku wasn't turned into a red jelly too right? Wasn't he just sleeping in whatever state he agreed to go into or something and then he woke up? So technically both him and his brother were the only survivors.
Jan 30, 2016 5:00 PM
Oct 2013
For anyone that for some reason doesn't remember why the humans were turned into curses:

Spoilers for the first season!
GPMSJan 30, 2016 5:04 PM
Jan 30, 2016 5:56 PM

Aug 2009
Exposition.... so much better than fanservice amirite?

On the real though, they could have done this better than just infodumping everyone on us. As much as it's nice to get some answers to what's going on, they delivery could have been a lot less direct and boring.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 30, 2016 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
hold the duck up say waaaaat?!
Jan 30, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2014
nice amount of actual plot

Jan 30, 2016 8:49 PM

Jun 2014
Wow what a great flash of Oboro and that moustache! I hope we get to see the twins this season too! Was that Urtori next to him? (If it was, she seems to have added a few pounds.)

I loved the explanation of how Yamato was created and who Haku really is. I really like the tie-ins to S1 and the Iceman project.

I can't believe the Emperor is going to start a war with Kuon's home country! I really hope that he doesn't get a hold of Hakuoro's mask or finds the location of his tomb.

I do hope that the Emperor finds out the truth of why human were turned into red jelly and then hopefully he will realize that he doesn't want to mess with anything related to Hakuoro!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 30, 2016 9:02 PM

Apr 2015
Can't see anything good happening to the emperor....

Even if they succeed in conquering tsukuru, the moment they wake hakuoro, it's just going to be like a repeat what happened last time when everyone got turned into jelly.
Jan 30, 2016 11:27 PM

Apr 2015
Is it too late to marathon first series this far in? Kind of thinking about it, since I actually like all aspects of this show even the first 15 episodes everyone hates. Not expecting the same thing from this series's 15 first episodes of course, but I'm versatile I can watch mostly anything.
Jan 30, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2015
starburst_stream said:
Is it too late to marathon first series this far in? Kind of thinking about it, since I actually like all aspects of this show even the first 15 episodes everyone hates. Not expecting the same thing from this series's 15 first episodes of course, but I'm versatile I can watch mostly anything.

I'm curious too. But, my friend recommended me to play the actual VN game instead.

Jan 31, 2016 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
Good exposition, a bit more clear than in the first season.
Jan 31, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2015
starburst_stream said:

Watch it, it improves your experience with season 2!
Jan 31, 2016 1:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Although only some of this info was actually new to anyone who's seen/played the original, it was still pretty thrilling to see and puts everything together very nicely

Probably best episode yet
Jan 31, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
One of the best part in this besides all the info-dump about how humans turned into curses cuz of one scientist trying to provoke Hakuoro(But dam Poor Mikoto dissected)~

This part was beautiful~

Jan 31, 2016 3:19 AM

Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
I'm speechless....Just like that, everyone comes together nicely and we finally have our answers from S1

I was surprised to see that not only was Haku one of the scientists in that station but that the Emperor is his older brother....The stuff with his wife and daughter plus what happened to the humans etc was pretty sad

That ending tho.....FML (And is it just me or did a certain MILF angel get thicker HNNNNNGGG)

I thought this show is a retelling of the first?

OT: The reveal was much more than what I had in mind, I thought maybe haku had a greater fate bs or he is special, he is in a way . This is was fantastic, so he made his people minus haku. As far as the last scene, I am lost.
Jan 31, 2016 3:31 AM

Jul 2007
A7MAD111 said:

I thought this show is a retelling of the first?

Except that we already met S1 cast and the MAL page outright states this is a sequel.
Jan 31, 2016 3:35 AM

Aug 2013
Damn I'm speechless now.
Jan 31, 2016 3:54 AM

Aug 2012
Well that was interesting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.