3It was OK
30.0%
2Disliked it
5.0%
1Hated it
3.3%
Average 3.9
60 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2016 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the first half of the episode felt kinda meh.

Actually, I think this episode in general had a slow pacing. Meanwhile, Kuga is still hunting the guy she drew with her crappy drawing skills. That embrace in the rain though...

Poor Kakeru.
Jan 28, 2016 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character saved them and handcuffed them together. He used up too much power from getting control of the two's emotion, though. The girl wants to tend him. lol @ the pair who got handcuffed. People who went out for shopping saw the poster from the enemy. Foreseeing future that he gets killed? Shimono-san's character, even a shy guy, can joke. After temporary 30 mins. of leaving on handcuff = electrified, huh.

Nice moment for main pair and painful moment for handcuffed pair. lol @ that's why he is afraid of birds, though different kind of birds, though. KajiKaji's character's earring went missing...

In the forest next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 28, 2016 5:54 AM
Feb 2008
As usual, too much focus on Koharu x Kakeru. At least he had his earring stolen, that's good

the Nanami x Akito parts were done nicely, I laughed at Akito's tsun :D

As expected, the Natsuhiko part in the preview was his only scene lol. At least Sakuya got some screentime to show off his ability (random predictions). That hug! but such friendzone :'(

Next episode looks like it'll focus on Itsuki, Ron (I don't think he'll stay missing for long lol) and of course Kakeru =_=
Jan 28, 2016 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
i have just waited for Mikoto and Natsuhiko meet each other again.
Jan 28, 2016 7:38 AM
Oct 2015
Too much Akito x Nanami, I'm satisfied(?)

It was a slow episode, it was OK. I was waiting for the scene of the handcuffs, it made me laugh so much.

The next episode is going to be cute I think... (I played the game, don't ask me what's going to happen in the next episode. I'm not going to do spoilers)
Jan 28, 2016 7:48 AM
Jan 2016
There are so many scenes of Koharu x Kakeru and Nanami x Akito..

But none of Mikoto x Natsuhiko. =(
They have the best story in the game, so I'm disappointed that they have no scenes. This anime is frustrating me! >_<
Jan 28, 2016 7:52 AM
Oct 2015
xxLynnxx said:

They have the best story in the game, so I'm disappointed that they have no scenes. This anime is frustrating me! >_<

Akito and Nanami also have good story :c Kakeru x Koharu is what's tiring me, they are sooo bland... -.-
Jan 28, 2016 8:02 AM
Jan 2016
Fuyutaiyou said:
xxLynnxx said:

Akito and Nanami also have good story :c Kakeru x Koharu is what's tiring me, they are sooo bland... -.-

Yeah, but Nanami & Akito are obviously going to end up together in the anime, so I'm not worried about them. =/ But Mikoto x Natsuhiko? It doesn't seem like they are going to end up together. Especially after watching the preview for the next episode and knowing what's going to happen next. =(
Jan 28, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2015
xxLynnxx said:
Fuyutaiyou said:

Yeah, but Nanami & Akito are obviously going to end up together in the anime, so I'm not worried about them. =/ But Mikoto x Natsuhiko? It doesn't seem like they are going to end up together. Especially after watching the preview for the next episode and knowing what's going to happen next. =(

I think, Natsuhiko and Mikoto are going to end up together. Well, guiding me through Akito's route, Mikoto would disappear in the next episode, in that time, she will find Natsuhiko. But in the anime are changing so much things, that I don't know what to think... I hope they meet each other in the next episode :c
Jan 28, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Smooth lines by Kakeru. They'll probably be together even if he's not sick... obviously. First half was alright. The kid saying that something wasn't supposed to be invented in that time period caught my attention. Second half was cool with all the couples getting their moments.
Jan 28, 2016 12:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty slow paced episode, and at times, boring too. Kakeru's great though.

3/5
Jan 28, 2016 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
There were so many scenes of Koharu x Kakeru and Nanami x Akito..

Kakeru's earcuffs were gone.
Jan 28, 2016 2:21 PM

Oct 2012
I ship Akito and Nanami.
Jan 28, 2016 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
Ok episode. We got more of Akito and Nanami which is nice in my opinion. I'm also hoping they find that guy with the gun soon.
Jan 28, 2016 3:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I really like all three pairings here, three completely different stories showcased.

OST is gorgeous.
Jan 28, 2016 3:12 PM

Jun 2013
she's a master painter lol and the blue haired dude is afraid of birds
Jan 28, 2016 3:19 PM
Feb 2008
Fuyutaiyou said:

I think, Natsuhiko and Mikoto are going to end up together. Well, guiding me through Akito's route, Mikoto would disappear in the next episode, in that time, she will find Natsuhiko. But in the anime are changing so much things, that I don't know what to think... I hope they meet each other in the next episode :c

MAJOR VN SPOILERS BELOW

THERE'S HOPE!
Jan 28, 2016 4:13 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else got jealous when Masamune said "Don't worry too much. The chicks are looking after him right now"?

I am just curious though, the girls are pretty, the guys are handsome and even though the interactions aren't that original the premise is pretty good. The art and animation are pretty nice as well. Is this anime really a 6.61 material based on MAL standards?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 28, 2016 4:16 PM

Oct 2015
A bit slow but I liked the Koharu x Kakeru scenes. I want to know more about Nanami and Akito's past though. It was funny when he freaked out about the birds xD and I wonder who took Kakeru's ear cuff?
Jan 28, 2016 4:29 PM

May 2010
oh wow he lost his "earcuff" ..what a massive cliffhanger.

please kill me
Jan 28, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 2009
It seems they're going for the Sakuya route. Too bad, I liked Natsuhiko better.
Jan 28, 2016 5:34 PM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Lol at the handcuffs on Nanami and Akito. Sakuya's having more flashbacks to "that" time; it's almost a shame that Natsuhiko's about there.
Jan 28, 2016 6:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm really liking how all of these relationships are developing but man I feel bad for that white haired one....He's destined to get friendzoned (And maybe even die too)
Jan 28, 2016 6:21 PM

Sep 2014
Kerozinn said:

please kill me

I was thinking this too.
Oh no, the suspense! Will he get his ear cuff back? It really doesn't make me look forward to the next episode if that's what they do to get people to look forward to it.
Jan 28, 2016 7:14 PM
Feb 2008
Durarara said:
Kerozinn said:

please kill me

I was thinking this too.
Oh no, the suspense! Will he get his ear cuff back? It really doesn't make me look forward to the next episode if that's what they do to get people to look forward to it.

What if it was used as a device to hold his inner psycho in check?

or what if he's the traitor? Remember in Ep 2 Natsuhiko used his earphone to contact someone.... what if he's nervous because if the wrong person finds the cuff, he'll be exposed?

.. or maybe it'll be for some boring time-hogging sob story like its his only memento from his dad or something and the power of Koharu's LOVE convinces him that he doesnt need it anymore lol

yeah out of all the possible ways to end the episode, this one was kinda weak lol
Jan 28, 2016 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
Keru's earcuff is missing OMG!!!!!!
Jan 28, 2016 8:11 PM
Oct 2015
I think that the thing of the earcuff it was out of place... What a cliffhanger, oh god(?)
Jan 28, 2016 8:50 PM

Jan 2015
Episode of "Pair" and "Cuff-related". Akito x Nanami and the "handcuff-related", Koharu x Kakeru and the "Earcuff-related". And the last one "Mikoto x Sakuya" with "no cuff-related" I think at all.

It's supposed to be funny moment, right?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 28, 2016 11:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm really intrigued by the world of Norn9, who is/are the World and what do they want? How come there are anachronistic elements in the world? Clearly there shouldn't be technology for the flying ship or those people that Sorata noticed in that era, so what's up?

Aside from the setting, I'm enjoying the couple set ups so far and the sort of slice of life tone it has right now. That cliffhanger though, I didn't realize it was the end of the episode already :(
Jan 29, 2016 2:33 AM
Jan 2016
I'm sorry for anyone who love Sakuya, but oppositely I dislike him.
I don't spoiler but I ship Mikoto and Natsuhiko tough (you can see them in opening song).
The reason why I dislike Sakuya is he's to coward to reveal his feeling for Mikoto (obviously) and it's like he is waiting for Mikoto to move first--to break their promise
Jan 29, 2016 2:40 AM

May 2014
What were those black robots
And what up with Mikoto
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 29, 2016 5:46 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda slow episode. Akito x Nanami is my favorite couple, I hope they get more development. All those scenes with Kakeru x Koharu are kind of boring so far.
Kerozinn said:

please kill me

lol my exact thoughts
Jan 29, 2016 8:38 AM

Sep 2014
Nanami and Akito should just up and fuck already.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 29, 2016 8:45 AM

Oct 2013
Zzz, why must Kakeru & Koharu be the main pair, they're the least interesting of the bunch, with the most cheesy lines.

At least Akito & Nanami are getting plenty of attention too. Loving the handcuffs, nice one Kakeru.

Need more of Mikoto & Sakuya & Natsuhiko. More of Natsuhiko prob means finding out more about "The World" & those rumors we heard in that town & in that poster about using ability users as weapons of war. Also, them black robots...
Jan 29, 2016 9:32 AM

Oct 2014
4th episode and I still don't care about what's happening, doesn't matter how nice the characters are.
I am begging for more worldbuilding and less missing earcuffs
Jan 29, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2009
Man the development is kinda slow. The characters are a bit meh sometimes, but I do like Akito though. Btw not many people seem to care about the timetraveling kid. I was expecting some more plot but it looks like he just "appeared" on the ship, basically has nothing to do there and everyone seems alright with that. lol.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 29, 2016 9:13 PM

Feb 2010
lmao the subs called the Hiyoko's "chicks" haha

well damn, tho, i dont remember whether the VN actually told us why Akito was afraid of brids ???
but it's still hilarious either way haha

I oddly liked this episode a lot, far better than the previous 3...
I'm glad we're getting more Setsu cameos tho lol
Jan 29, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!
I think this is my second favorite 9f the season! Behind boku dake.
Jan 29, 2016 10:45 PM

May 2014
I like how they let the romance develop
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 29, 2016 11:37 PM

Nov 2012
whenever akito talks, i can't help but hear shirou. :p
anyways, this episode was kinda boring, it was mostly about koharu caring for kakeru and i just couldn't care less about that :/
Jan 30, 2016 1:30 PM
Feb 2008
R0LAN said:

well damn, tho, i dont remember whether the VN actually told us why Akito was afraid of brids ???
but it's still hilarious either way haha

It was revealed in the second game, Norn9 Last Era
Jan 30, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2015
What i dislike about this series so far is that it's really heavily based on relationships. It's not that I don't like interactions and relationships in a story, it's that nearly all 4 episodes have been about that. It feels like there is so much potential but they are stuck only on one aspect.

By the way, synopsis talks as if that kid who time traveled as the main protagonist, but it seems like he is just a side character so far?
Jan 30, 2016 6:39 PM
Feb 2008
pufonD said:

By the way, synopsis talks as if that kid who time traveled as the main protagonist, but it seems like he is just a side character so far?

The anime severely shafted him. He was supposed to show up at the beginning with Koharu and help her (his role was mostly taken over by Kakeru iirc). In the game, no one in particular is the main character, but Sorata is the one who keeps the plot on track, provides the viewer with questions/answers about Norn and the seemingly anachronistic world around them. ( this norn9 timeline is 1919, as seen in the early-industralized shanghai, yet there are robots around ?). Why is he the only one to have seen that glowing girl? Why was he so easily allowed to stay on the ship? etc.

But for the sake of the romance, he showed up randomly at the end of ep 2 and hasn't done much so far lol. Oh how less farming there would be if Koharu/Kakeru weren't the main characters in this adaptation...
Jan 31, 2016 4:35 AM
Mar 2010
OK, this episode was a step down, felt like episode 1 all over again. Why isn't Mikoto the main girl again?

Koharu X Kakeru is boring. At this point I even ship Koharu X Akito lol.

Ah, I'm such a masochist when it comes to otome anime. I keep watching because I'm starving for reverse harem anime....
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 31, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2015
ShiningNinja said:
pufonD said:

The anime severely shafted him. He was supposed to show up at the beginning with Koharu and help her (his role was mostly taken over by Kakeru iirc). In the game, no one in particular is the main character, but Sorata is the one who keeps the plot on track, provides the viewer with questions/answers about Norn and the seemingly anachronistic world around them. ( this norn9 timeline is 1919, as seen in the early-industralized shanghai, yet there are robots around ?). Why is he the only one to have seen that glowing girl? Why was he so easily allowed to stay on the ship? etc.

But for the sake of the romance, he showed up randomly at the end of ep 2 and hasn't done much so far lol. Oh how less farming there would be if Koharu/Kakeru weren't the main characters in this adaptation...

Thanks for the clear up! :)
Jan 31, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
I'm glad I stayed with Norn9 at least until this episode, cause it was much more amusing that those I've seen before. Still not good enough. :v
Jan 31, 2016 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
Slow episode ... for a show so heavily invested into character relationships they really aren't interesting! Kakeru/Koharu is obviously gonna be canon but it's pretty boring really, we have no clue what's going on with Akito/Nanami and Mikoto/Sakuya isn't really having much happen either. It seems like Sorata's role was cut out so what's the point in him being there at all ... ugh. I guess we figured out that Sakuya can see the future but that's about it. I want more plot to happen ... literally this entire episode was Kakeru being sick OTL
Jan 31, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2014
I'm pretty interested in the dude that Mikoto wants to find (obviously I have forgotten his name)

Jan 31, 2016 9:33 PM

Sep 2010
I should just play the VN; the guys they're choosing as the love interests are jerks. Lol.
Feb 1, 2016 5:44 AM

Mar 2013
I still don't get wha's the point of the guy from moder times. I know that he is technically the MC of the game, but here he is just completely useless. But I didn't play the game, so maybe is completely useless there as well and it would've been better without him.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

163 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Best Couple

Uchiha_Risma - Jul 14, 2021

0 by Uchiha_Risma »»
Jul 14, 2021 9:39 PM

» So Romance, what about the romance here?

samsann - Dec 24, 2018

1 by Sakurashoujo »»
Dec 27, 2018 4:32 PM

» Norn9: Norn + Nonet

iMaUtIsTiC - Jan 28, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

69 by aboghost_ghosst »»
Dec 2, 2017 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.