Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
Recently, One Punch Man and Soul Eater.
Fuchsia said:
struggled to finish yu yu hackusho in the end. felt like a choir.

Yeah, the last arc and the lengthy last battle of the previous arc were really boring.
Jan 23, 2016 10:37 AM

Mar 2014
I usually just drop shows that are too boring to finish, but there are some shows I do like that I've struggled to finish.

Serial Experiments Lain was so slow at first that I thought about dropping it and I really had to force myself through the firat 5 episodes, but after that I was hooked and it's mich better upon rewatch.

K-ON!! Was like that at first. I loved the first season and realized I was forcing myself through the second and put it on hold. I like it at least as much as the first season but moeblob sol just isn't something I can marathon.
Jan 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
Am Cowboy Bebop hm.... nyeah....
I like the story and everything but the plot is boring....

Jan 23, 2016 10:49 AM

Mar 2015
merryfistmas said:
K-ON!! Was like that at first. I loved the first season and realized I was forcing myself through the second and put it on hold. I like it at least as much as the first season but moeblob sol just isn't something I can marathon.
it's not only you. the first season is funny with their 4-koma style. their comedy also consistent for 8th episode. i give it 9/10. then the drama starting and 4-koma style complitly gone. it's become boring as fuck. second season even worse. i finish k-on first season just in a day, but second season need a mounth. at least it back become funny in movie thou.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 23, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete comes to mind. The story was just so slow and I was this close to dropping it when it suddenly turned things around.
Jan 23, 2016 11:56 AM
Sep 2015
High School DxD 2 season. Super boring anime. Dropped on 3 season. Story becomes worse and boring. Also too many fanservice.
Jan 23, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2011
Mahouka and Guilty Crown were the toughest struggle for me. They are so damn boring, it was so much pain to finish them. Don't even ask me why I bothered watching them, I just felt a need to.
Jan 23, 2016 12:20 PM

Sep 2015
Last one was Ergo Proxy, the pacing is so awfull and it throws so many ideas that it becomes preposterous so although I enjoyed the first 12 episodes or so I was basically forcing myself though the last 6 episodes.

LOTGH is also going slow for me. Loved the prequel movie and the first 20 episodes but now it is starting to get repetitive and I still got a long way to go.
Jan 23, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
Bleach. Been on episode 77 for 3-4 months. Kept procrastinating since the arc I'm at is so god damn boring. Also took me 5-6 months to finish the Soul Society arc which is supposedly the best one.
Jan 23, 2016 12:46 PM
Jan 2016
I'm really struggling with bleach, it started so well then ichigo came back to the human world and started pissing about with teddy bears. I'm going to persist though
Jan 23, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
Very recently Ninja Slayer.
I think the low budget and the resulting humor work well with shorter series because unfortunately it can get very old very quickly. I couldn't stay focused for the last few episodes and even thought about dropping at the very end. It was just difficult to finish.
Jan 23, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2015
Vivie said:
Gintama, still tryng...

Also some of my favorites because I didn't want them to end.

I can relate to that :D Too bad they do end eventually
Jan 23, 2016 12:58 PM
Jan 2016
SlickMasta said:
Bleach. Been on episode 77 for 3-4 months. Kept procrastinating since the arc I'm at is so god damn boring. Also took me 5-6 months to finish the Soul Society arc which is supposedly the best one.
haha i just had a look and i the last episode i downloaded was 77 too.
Jan 23, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Madoka Magica, just doesn't interest me at all.

Thank you Milk for your wise words :D
I actually wanted to give it a go, but now im not so sure ;-;
Jan 23, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
Robiiii said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Madoka Magica, just doesn't interest me at all.

If you don't like a pretty obvious plottwist, because you know it is coming, don't even bother watching because it really isn't all that great like most people say it is.
Jan 23, 2016 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Robiiii said:

If you don't like a pretty obvious plottwist, because you know it is coming, don't even bother watching because it really isn't all that great like most people say it is.

Good to know, thank you for the tip :D
Jan 23, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2015
Clannad, Full Metal Panic and Nichijou.

Clannad the first season was not the feels-trip I was expecting. It was just...awful, IMO. Bad characters, poor comedy, and I just didn't find it entertaining.

I don't find Nichijou funny.

FMP was...lame. It seemed like half of it wanted to be generic high school tsundere-MC romance and the other half was some really unbelieveable mediocre mecha military stuff.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 23, 2016 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Full Metal Alchemist, Gantz, Hellsing Ultimate, Monster and Rainbow all took me a lot of nerves and time to finish, because they're all just awful and boring, but I wanted to make sure if the hype and good rating was justified or not.

I also struggled with Golden Time and Log Horizon 2nd Season, because they were boring after a certain time.

And I am still struggling with Detective Conan. I plan to finish it sometime, but it just has too many episodes and doesn't vary enough to keep me hooked enough to binge it.
Jan 23, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
Hyouka, cause sometimes it was boring, but in the end i enjoyed it and now it is one of my favourite anime
Jan 23, 2016 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
Um I'd say GT, the worst of all the dragon ball anime series right next to DBS.
Jan 23, 2016 9:03 PM
May 2013
Detective Conan I mean what like 800 episodes plus a shit tone of movies? Lupin because that is overrated to shit. Shingeki No Kyojin because Erin is the modern day version of Shinji who I fucking hate.

Nichijou was boring as shit, Magica Madoka was just 12 year old girls going through their period and Bleach. God Bleach is bad. I hate the whole "I'll protect everyone" bullshit you hear every 5 seconds from Ichigo and how he just keeps getting up. Not to mention the story is NON-EXISTENT.

SAO because wtf was that from episode 12? It went from action to just fanservice for guys who probably suck shit at games and want to imagine hot chicks giving them a bj?
Jan 23, 2016 9:40 PM

Sep 2009
Clannad. I wanted to see what the big deal was.
Jan 23, 2016 9:43 PM

May 2015
Mahou Sensou. Was pretty boring and that ending made zero sense.

Jan 23, 2016 9:45 PM

Jan 2016
Nothing. I drop shows that looks like a struggle to finish.

Only exception is School Days... I just watched it to confirm how awful really it is and to say that I have experienced that show, at least.
Jan 23, 2016 9:50 PM

Jan 2016
I won't finish an anime that has become a struggle to watch. Why torture myself with bad anime?
Jan 23, 2016 9:56 PM

May 2015
ItsMaz said:

Clannad the first season was not the feels-trip I was expecting. It was just...awful, IMO. Bad characters, poor comedy, and I just didn't find it entertaining.

FMP was...lame. It seemed like half of it wanted to be generic high school tsundere-MC romance and the other half was some really unbelieveable mediocre mecha military stuff.

The feels in Clannad are mostly in After Story.

Jan 23, 2016 10:04 PM
Jul 2012
Clannad obv

Worst one is prob texhnolyze, not a bad show but it was just so freaking boring, went way too hard on that "bleak" tone, when show feels the same whatever the episode. Didn't finish it but after the first few eps mushishi felt like torture as well.

Darker than black was very boring as well, freaking episodic show that doesn't even end up explaining the whole supernatural things like heaven's gate and hell's gate and no stars in the sky and why this is relevant. It instead focused on it's characters, which were mostly random one dimensional killers, and then it suddenly had that ending that tried to rip off eva but failed miserably
Jan 23, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2011
Shakugan no Shana III oh sweet baby jesus-
5 years. 5 years and I'm still stuck on episode 10.
Jan 23, 2016 10:18 PM

Jan 2012
Fuchsia said:
struggled to finish yu yu hackusho in the end. felt like a choir.

Yeah, I can agree with this. I still thought it was overall a good anime but by the end of it it felt forced.

I'm struggling even harder with, D. Gray-man. This anime has so extremely dull moments.
Jan 23, 2016 10:40 PM

Nov 2014
gosick... so annoying, predictable and boring. also elfen lied, hated all characters, shit plot. fairy tail, a pain, but I watch it with a friend and that's why I managed. strawberry panic... even skipped episodes, ugh. umineko no naku koro ni, I had already played the VN (which I like very much) and it was.so.effing.horrible. lastly I agree with what some said about monster... starts great then it drags forever, no need for 74 episodes imo.
Jan 23, 2016 10:40 PM
Jan 2015
Long running shounen like DBZ, Naruto, and FT just because they are so damn long.
My Queens

Jan 23, 2016 10:55 PM

Jun 2014
Madoka --- A friend of mine basically harassed me into watching it. Didn't really find it all that mind blowing and didn't like the animation so took ages.

SAO --- Dear god. I literally had to force myself to go back and finish this after S2 came out. Hated the Alfheim arc to the core.

Diamond no Ace --- I took like a half year break from this after the yips shit happened. Only managed to continue after I decided to skip the yips part.

Free!: Eternal Summer --- Dunno why this took a year. At some point I basically forgot about it cuz I hopped out of my anime phase. It was good tho in any case.

Psycho-Pass 2 --- I watched a few eps while it was still airing but just forgot about it until like a year later. Characters weren't as interesting as first season.
Jan 24, 2016 12:29 AM

Feb 2015
Log Horizon 2nd season-It just felt boring and almost nothing happend.
Bleach-It's too long and the last arc is a fucking disaster.
Sword art online-Didn't really like the second half of season 1
Jan 24, 2016 12:32 AM

Aug 2014
I have currently watched the first 9 episodes of Madoka Majica

The first 3 were very fun and I could see something special arriving.

But episodes 4-9 have been a drag. Hopefully, episodes 10, 11, and 12 will be very amazing as the first three episodes.
Jan 24, 2016 12:40 AM

Feb 2015
SAO2 is a real struggle. First arc was ok but I've been struggling over a year with the rest of the show.

Monster been on my watch list for a long long time now. I love the story and the characters are interesting but for some reason it doesn't reel me in.
I'm gonna say it's a fine wine and I need to savor it.
Same with Cowboy Bebop.
Jan 24, 2016 12:59 AM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
ItsMaz said:

The feels in Clannad are mostly in After Story.

I know, but I disliked the first season enough that I still haven't gotten around to watching AS yet.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 24, 2016 1:21 AM

Feb 2011
Touch. I know this show is pretty well loved, but I really struggled to get through the whole thing. Took me over a year to finish.

Also, Mirai Nikki. Didn't exactly take me long to finish it but man was that a chore.
Jan 24, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
I still struggle to finish Death Note, no idea why maybe because I managed to spoil myself.
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 AM

Jun 2015
Gintama
Jojo
Terra Formars

Probably some other too that I don't even have in my list.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
Currently Cowboy Bebop and Monogatari Series Second Season. It's not that they're bad, but I'm extremely lazy...
Jan 24, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2009
Inuyasha. About a quarter of the way through was when I really wanted to just stop. It's so repetitive.
Jan 24, 2016 4:15 AM

Aug 2015
I've been really struggling to finish Cowboy Bebop. I appreciate the "uniqueness" and I see the richness of the dialogues between the characters, but I still don't find myself caring about what happens to them. I was bored by most of the episodes I've watched.

Also, I really wanted to finish Code Geass to really see for myself what the fuss is all about, but I have long dropped it. Lelouch's genius is largely implied, so many plot holes, unnecessary, annoying, dumbing events and fanservice and pizza hut here and there. Dropped it 3 times and even until now, at Episode 6, it's still on my drop list.

Zankyou no Terror. I felt cheated by this anime. I only finished it because it's only in the last episodes that they tell us what this anime is really all about or their motivation. And I'm disappointed. It's not worth all of the fuss in the story. Plot holes, puzzles too easy for the story's universe, and suspension of disbelief not working for me. Episode 9, the ferris wheel scene, and Twelve's character were the only redeeming things for me.

Serial Experiments Lain. At Episode 7, nothing still adds up, has made no sense. I was tired of Lain's dead eyes zoomed in on my face. Dropped.
koori_no_jinJan 24, 2016 4:21 AM
蒼穹を舞う。
Jan 24, 2016 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
Ergo Proxy; bored out of my mind.

koori_no_jin said:
Also, I really wanted to finish Code Geass to really see for myself what the fuss is all about, but I have long dropped it. Lelouch's genius is largely implied, so many plot holes, unnecessary, annoying, dumbing events and fanservice and pizza hut here and there. Dropped it 3 times and until now, at Episode 6, it's still on my drop list.

The focus is on Lelouch's character, a paragon of justice (lojk). It's saddening that you don't like pizza though =(
There are very few unexplained plot holes.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 24, 2016 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
Fairy Tail has been in my on-hold list for years and I don't feel the need to continue watching it.
Jan 24, 2016 4:35 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Orange said:
Fairy Tail has been in my on-hold list for years and I don't feel the need to continue watching it.
Literally the only show I still have on-hold... RIP :/

OT: Aria and Mushishi took me an eternity to get through. Gintama took like 2 years to catch up to as well but that's way longer so it's more understandable
Jan 24, 2016 4:39 AM

Jun 2013
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal 2nd season

Yuma is so annoying that enough to make me drop Zexal since first episode. But I keep watching zexal because I want to see Utopia Dragon & Number 77 with my own eyes, also the gigantic Babylon Fotress summoned.
Jan 24, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2014
Shinsekai yori and Texhnolyze. They're not bad, per se. They just bored the fuck out of me.
Jan 24, 2016 7:07 AM

Apr 2011
Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's been on my On-Hold list for about four years now and I still have no desire to finish it. I can barely remember anything from it other than that the protagonist was obnoxiously annoying and skittish.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 24, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2014
Lestat- said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's been on my On-Hold list for about four years now and I still have no desire to finish it. I can barely remember anything from it other than that the protagonist was obnoxiously annoying and skittish.

Try watching the rebuild movies. It's the same series with a lot of the fat cut off.
Jan 24, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Death Note, i stopped caring after ep 25.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 7 hours ago

11 by AniMarter »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - Apr 26

23 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

64 by CosmicDebris-San »»
15 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by LostSpectre »»
28 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

34 by Spunkert »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.