Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 22, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I thought the episode was good.

It felt like a cat and mouse game as Kei is on the run.
I like the thrill of the special units sent to capture Kei and the way he fights for his life is pretty harsh. I kinda feel bad at how much his life changed just by the span of these two episodes.

Lovely music used during this episode as well. I think the composer did a decent job especially when Kaito got involved in the fight.

Jan 22, 2016 1:37 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Jeez, the background music is soooo dope. 60% of my enjoyment came from the BGM and it's proper placement. Really love the particle effects in the anime as it can show the advantages of its CGI. Kei's life couldn't be more sh*tty can it? Also Miyano again proves to be an awesome seiyuu.

5/5
Jan 22, 2016 6:03 PM
Dec 2011
Seems TV added some new scene.
Jan 23, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
Kei and Kaito get involved with two kidnappers, but luckily they both get out safe (except for Kei dying a bit). The train tracks scene was done really well. Nice episode.
Jan 23, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
I don't know why but the movement of vehicles seems smooth af while the movement of the body of the characters look stiff, maybe that's how CGI works.

Awesome BGM BTW.
Jan 23, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2015
Very nice episode. I am really love it!!! ^^

8/10

Hmmm......so....Ajin's voice can stop people movement.....interesting.
And......the mummy-like Ajin appear from Kei body.....that really really cool.
I am very happy when the two evil guy killed when the train hit their car......
Blade-Fang-KaoriJan 23, 2016 10:38 AM
Jan 23, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
That was intense! Kai is such a bro man. Gotta love this guy. The way he said "47 Ajin's ur not that rare at all"

Glad that Kei has some powers to protect himself at least. And with the Ajin creature can fight too I guess. I wonder if the higher ups really don't know about these Shadow like creatures tho? Or they're just hiding it?

Loved the scene where the Ajin creature grabbed that guys head from behind like that and
It saying "Sugoku Oshikkoshitai" was creepy lol

I wonder how many times Kei will die throughout this series XD

Also if that girl that was being kidnapped will play a bigger role?

And DAMN that PV! Nxt ep looks even more intense
Jan 23, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
I almost cried watching this ep.
I enjoyed it so much its really good!

The thought of Kei experencing death many times really hurts. HE IS STILL HUMAN WHO FEEL PAIN. Its so sad.

I loved the train scene so much it was well done.
Can't wait till next week ugh this anime is great....
Jan 23, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
the episode felt a little bit thrilling.
so basically Ajin = Faceless Mummy.
that black ajin looked cool, looking foward to the next episode
And, even though Kei is immortal, he can still feel the pain. that is DAMN!.
i wonder, Ban from nanatsu no taizai can feel a pain too ?
Jan 23, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
The background music really does a good job of complementing the tone of this anime. I really liked how it increased the intensity of Kai and Kei getting chased by those douchebags (I was so happy when they died).

Also, I think it might be safe to assume that Tosaki's "mints" are actually some sort of medication that suppresses his "unnecessary emotions."

Tevens said:
the episode felt a little bit thrilling.
And, even though Kei is immortal, he can still feel the pain. that is DAMN!.
i wonder, Ban from nanatsu no taizai can feel a pain too ?

I believe he can feel pain. If I'm not mistaken, there have been times where he would take a hit and say that it hurt.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 23, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
KiesAgent said:
I don't know why but the movement of vehicles seems smooth af while the movement of the body of the characters look stiff, maybe that's how CGI works.

Awesome BGM BTW.

Most vehicles in modern anime incorporate some elements of CG but yeah the body movements are not smooth even if its standard walking, Tosaki and his partner being the example.

The action scenes is well directed somehow...and the background music is solid, really entertaining.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 23, 2016 12:22 PM

May 2009
How is Kai able to free from Kei's voice ? Is it because Kei's called him or Kei only wish that those 2 to die and not Kai ? Something to do with what Kei wishes ?
Jan 23, 2016 12:31 PM

Jan 2008
Differences between this and the Part 1 movie:

That's the only differences I noticed. But is that still enough to warrant a TV series when they're also airing the movies at the same time? I don't think so. I still wish they'd pick either one or the other.
Jan 23, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode and so intense. I thought the kidnapped girl would end up teaming up with them and escape together. Anyone know if she's going to have a role in all of this?
Jan 23, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
The Ajin monster thing that forced the guys chasing Kei and Kai to break like that looks creepy as hell, but the CGI actually works really well with it. I wonder why the guy with the glasses says that the Ajin are no threat? Cos surely immortal beings with powers like theirs are, or at the very least can be, extremely dangerous, what with the apparent ability to control people and all.
Jan 23, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
4kicks said:
Differences between this and the Part 1 movie:

That's the only differences I noticed. But is that still enough to warrant a TV series when they're also airing the movies at the same time? I don't think so. I still wish they'd pick either one or the other.
Couple added scenes with Tosaki too.
Also the Kei monologue at the end wasn't in the movie.
Some slight changes to dialogue as well.
Jan 23, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
I really love this! But still, why the hell does Kei have to wear a helmet? He can't die anyways. xD ... That ending, though.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jan 23, 2016 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
Very decent episode. This anime is definitely one of the best this winter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
Love this anime already!

I love the BGM and the atmosphere it has. The Ajin and the creepy sound they make are super cool and I feel like I care for the two MCs.

I wondered what happened to that girl. I kinda wished that they would have saved her, but I guess she didn't fit on the motorcycle, lol. But still, why add her character if they're not going to use her? Hopefully she will be back.

I wonder why this isn't ranked higher?
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 23, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
So he can unconsciously create clones of himself? That ep preview is intense. Looking forward to it!
Jan 23, 2016 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was very good.
Cool to see Kei use an ability of an Aijin.
Thank god those kidnappers died. They were pissing me off.
I wonder if the kidnapped girl will join up with Kei and Kai later on.
Kai sure is a good friends. Doesn't even care that Kei is an Aijin.
Next week sure looks intense.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 23, 2016 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Intens episode. Kai was pretty cool~ I think Killua's seiyuu would have suited him as well
Enjoyed the BGM and am starting to like the OP
Still not used to the CGI though I guess it kinda works in this anime
Looking forward to the next episode
Akira7398Jan 23, 2016 2:21 PM
Jan 23, 2016 2:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Definitely agree with the BGM comments. Makes it really feel like a film (although yeah it's almost exactly the same as the movie) and a thriller. Another highly enjoyable episode. I feel bad for Kei because he hasn't done anything wrong yet he's being chased around like a criminal. What would Kei do without Kai.

Tevens said:

I think they'll explain it later, and it's not really a spoiler, but ajin means "demi-humans," so it refers to the person who is immortal. There's a different name for the black ghost/mummy, which has yet been said in the anime.
Jan 23, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
I need that OST , any news for release ?
Jan 23, 2016 2:25 PM

May 2015
As other s have said, the BGM is fucking fantastic.
I have to say, my favorite part is when the dudes were trying to jump across the tracks, I thought "oh they're going to drive on the tracks and the train'll hit them at the same time"

but when he braked and nothing happened I was going "What?"

Then when I saw that the fucking Ajin from before stopped him and repeated Kei's lines from before

god damn.
Didn't expect that.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jan 23, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2015
Slowly getting used to the CGI, it was pretty good for that Ajin. Aside from that, this show's pretty fucking thrilling so far. The OST and music makes it even better. I very much enjoyed this episode. It was intense. Think this show's going to be one of the better ones this season, in my opinion. And that train scene, those trash got what they deserved.

Can't wait for next episode.

Jan 23, 2016 2:50 PM

Jun 2010
Damn that preview is as hype as ever.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 23, 2016 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty Solid anime , it still lacks a little something but that's just the beggining so i'm sure it will come sooner or later . The BGM is amazing and fits perfectly . The Ajin looked absolutely amazing . The CGI is great overall and let me tell you that imo the CGI makes the Ajin look so damn cool especially the black smoke / Particles coming out of his body. The train scene was absolutely fantastic !
Jan 23, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
The CGI actually doesn't even bother me anymore.
Jan 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Sep 2014
As much as I'm not a fan of the CGI, I love this show. The whole Ajin thing is very interesting, and that background music though.
Jan 23, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was good.

Kei can use an ability of an Ajin!
Jan 23, 2016 3:57 PM
Nov 2013
Holy cow that was awesome.
Jan 23, 2016 4:13 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This is refreshing to find an anime where the music seems so integral to the action. Two lines popped out as being funny:
1. The female reporter remarking what it would be like to work with a handsome man
2. The phantasm remarking that he needed to pee
All in all, a very nice episode and I am anticipating the next one.
Jan 23, 2016 7:43 PM

Oct 2011
RainyRai said:
As other s have said, the BGM is fucking fantastic.
I have to say, my favorite part is when the dudes were trying to jump across the tracks, I thought "oh they're going to drive on the tracks and the train'll hit them at the same time"

but when he braked and nothing happened I was going "What?"

Then when I saw that the fucking Ajin from before stopped him and repeated Kei's lines from before

god damn.
Didn't expect that.

^
This. Described every word I was thinking.
Jan 23, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2015
The Animation is hideous but at least The Immortal beings are psychopaths. The price for immortality, I guess??!!
Jan 23, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty much used to the CGI after watching this, it made it a really enjoyable episode. The background music is so good, and it really adds to the atmosphere of the scenes. Also the CGI really does make the ajin monster look so creepy and it works well.
The preview for next episode looks hype AF

Jan 23, 2016 9:43 PM

Jul 2012
There were a few problems I had during the "I have to pee." scene. Why the hell did he go so far to pee? Did he really not hear their van pull up while he was taking a piss? And him needing to take a piss just after they run into those guys felt way too convenient.

Besides that, it was a good episode. Looking forward to learning more about the Ajin.
Jan 23, 2016 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
GiveMeHaru said:
I almost cried watching this ep.
I enjoyed it so much its really good!

The thought of Kei experencing death many times really hurts. HE IS STILL HUMAN WHO FEEL PAIN. Its so sad.

I loved the train scene so much it was well done.
Can't wait till next week ugh this anime is great....

Exactly, which is why this show will be so annoying. Humans are assholes. The guy even said Ajin's aren't a threat. So why you hunting them down and treating them worst than you treat criminals? Ugh

My final thoughts: Poor train. Train didn't deserve that. That is all.
Jan 23, 2016 10:32 PM

May 2012
owch, i almost cut myself on that edge
Jan 24, 2016 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
So what's the Stand name? Black Mummy? Seems like its pretty intelligent since rather than just brutally killing them itself, it just make them brake in the middle of the railroad.

Jan 24, 2016 12:21 AM

Jan 2015
Damn this episode was awesome.
The censorship tho...
Jan 24, 2016 12:46 AM
Jan 2016
this whole episode had you on the edge of your seat i need more! winter is looking good so far...
Jan 24, 2016 2:17 AM

Feb 2011
I really like Kai and Kei combi, though I know that they won't be together for long.
That highschool girl hopefully won't become the heroine or anything. Not that I dislike her, I just think it's not suitable for this kind of story. She and that guy, one of Kei's classmate who doesn't look like a jerk, might be helping Kei in the future.
Jan 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Jan 2014
It pains me that no one is really watching this because of the low frame rate of the CGI or just the fact that it's CGI in the first place.

This was an amazing episode. And since I've already seen the movie, the next 3 episodes will be hype as hell.

Especially episode 3 and 5.
Jan 24, 2016 2:26 AM

May 2015
seems this episode got some new scenes (based from the movie who hasn't the scenes) like that schoolgirl kidnapped
Jan 24, 2016 2:53 AM

Oct 2006
I agree that this has been a solid season of anime genres. Was about to write this off due to the jarring CGI (as per episode 1), but this one sealed the deal.
The atmosphere was done extremely well, kudos to the excellent BGM as expected from Yugo Kanno. After this one, I'm anxious to know what will happen next!
Jan 24, 2016 3:18 AM

May 2015
AS EVERYONE HAS ALREADY SAID
THAT OST IS DAMN BAD ASS

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 24, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2014
People saying this episode was badass.... just wait for the next three.
Jan 24, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2014
Uhm, ok, so... what happened to that school girl?

Is she going to appear again or was she just there for the sake of making those bandits look like assholes?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 24, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2014
Meh. Nothing interesting happened yet. Trash still.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.