Forum Settings
Forums

Who else thinks people shouldn't get offended by ANYTHING EVER?

New
Jan 20, 2016 11:00 PM

Apr 2015
Oh, boohoo, someone made fun of your weight, race, sexuality, waifu, whatever? FFS, they're just words. Get over it, you sensitive little bitch.
My waifu, do not steal.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2016 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
Japan sucks @OP ..............................
Jan 20, 2016 11:02 PM

Jun 2015
Anything ever?

If someone raped you mother and posted the video everywhere, would that offend you?
I do agree that getting offended over name calling or jokes is silly, though.

Jan 20, 2016 11:05 PM

Sep 2014
It's just natural for people to get offended. No one wants to hear insulting words about them, it's just that some people can take it better than others, and you OP, you are the king of apathy.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Jan 20, 2016 11:05 PM

Sep 2015
Excuse me, but how dare you call me a bitch? I'll have you know that I'm better than you in every way, shape, and form and I feel utterly disgusted that you would even think about calling me a bitch!!! Ugh, serious, go fuck yourself, NERD!

But for real though, I don't get offended by words. But I feel like if someone did something emotionally or physically traumatising to either yourself or someone you care about, then it's more than enough reason to be upset at the least. Everyone has that entitlement.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Jan 20, 2016 11:07 PM

Apr 2015
codephat said:
Anything ever?

If someone raped you mother and posted the video everywhere, would that offend you?

No, I wouldn't be offended. I'd just dislike that person.
My waifu, do not steal.
Jan 20, 2016 11:08 PM

Mar 2013
Being offended is fine as long as you don't start trying to ban things than offend you
Jan 20, 2016 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
Offended people are fine and all. It's their need to announce the world how much offended and victimized they are - in lengthy, loud, and straightforward manner -- that's so grating in my ears.

"I"M SO DEEPLY OFFENDED BY THAT!"

"Yeah, and so what?"
Jan 20, 2016 11:11 PM

Apr 2015
Riki_Oh said:
Being offended is fine as long as you don't start trying to ban things than offend you

Yeah, like those damn people that want my Japanese games censored...
My waifu, do not steal.
Jan 20, 2016 11:12 PM

Jul 2013
If someone offends you, you need to defend yourself, not "get over it."
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 20, 2016 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
Azumaoru said:
codephat said:
Anything ever?

No, I wouldn't be offended. I'd just dislike that person.

So.. you wouldn't get upset? But.. you'd dislike the person?

Jan 20, 2016 11:15 PM

Apr 2015
Demi_V said:

If someone offends you, you need to learn to stop caring about what other people think.
My waifu, do not steal.
Jan 20, 2016 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
I'm ok with anything except my waifu. Just don't touch me waifu or You'll wish your were in hell.
Jan 20, 2016 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
Azumaoru said:
Demi_V said:

If someone offends you, you need to learn to stop caring about what other people think.

You still should have the courage and feel free to defend yourself. Ignore them or defend yourself. You'll always have those two options in several situations.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 20, 2016 11:22 PM

Dec 2011
Well for me, I hate when people spread ignorance, or incorrect ideas. For example, if someone was asking "What is Pi again?", and the person replied "oh it's 3.24", I would correct them and say, "Well, for simple calculations, 3.14 should suffice, but Pi is definitely not 3.24". Now, the only thing that would make me angry, would be if the person would INSIST their answer is right.

But do I get offended? Not in the slightest, nigga.
Jan 20, 2016 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
Does it offend you when someone gets offended?
Jan 20, 2016 11:25 PM

Jan 2014
I never understood the concept of directly offending someone. Unless you want a straight punch to the nose, that is.

People have rights too, you dingus; to have a certain amount of dignity as humans. So the next time you insult someone and get beat to a pulp, "get over it, you sensitive little bitch".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2016 11:26 PM

Apr 2015
ReaperCreeper said:

No, but I hate them. They're the reason Japanese games are censored/not released in the West.
My waifu, do not steal.
Jan 20, 2016 11:37 PM

Jun 2014
How come some people think they can say anything and people getting offended from that is wrong?

OP, you need a taste of the real world.
Jan 20, 2016 11:39 PM

Jul 2012
I think if you dont get offended in certain situations people may treat you certain ways without knowing it bothers you. Body language and standing your ground is important. I think people need to avoid over exaggerating and taking everything to heart as much as they do but sometimes you need to get offended well at least show or tell someone that you are.
Jan 20, 2016 11:41 PM

Jan 2016
Not sure about "anything ever". People are free to be offended. The only time it is wrong is when they use being offended as a tool to silence speech.
Jan 21, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2014
Coolspot said:
I think if you dont get offended in certain situations people may treat you certain ways without knowing it bothers you. Body language and standing your ground is important. I think people need to avoid over exaggerating and taking everything to heart as much as they do but sometimes you need to get offended well at least show or tell someone that you are.

This.Being offended is part of something called "assertiveness", OP. We need to be assertive because we are human beings, not machines running on oil and energy,feelings are why we get offended and need to be assertive, imagine your family member is being picked on by a group of teenagers and the person is crying, the natural response is to be offended... You sympathise with him and what he feels you are feeling too, so instead of "disliking" these people for picking on an object, you get offended at them for hurting your family.
To never get offended is too passive and means there's something wrong with your mind.(or the place you're being raised.
But now I think the op is just salty.
GhoultulhuJan 21, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 21, 2016 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
How come some people think they can say anything and people getting offended from that is wrong?

OP, you need a taste of the real world.

This, this so much If you want to say something rude then you have to use the right words instead of "GET REKT FAGGOT!!!1!!!!!11" On the internet sure go ahead but irl no don't be a total douche pie.
Eat Me
Jan 21, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
Its okay to be offended if someone insults you directly, but when we're talking about internet stuff idk, I guess some people are really sensitive.

Jan 21, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2016
we'd be robots
if we couldn't be offended.
Jan 21, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
This post is 2edgy4me

Azumaoru said:
ReaperCreeper said:

No, but I hate them. They're the reason Japanese games are censored/not released in the West.

Oh the humanity!
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 21, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
Azumaoru said:
Demi_V said:

Or people could learn to shove their harsh words up their asses.
Jan 21, 2016 1:17 PM

Feb 2015
Or you could just adapt and get off on being insulted

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Mar 2008
Sounds like you're offended over people being offended and just want everyone to take offence to the same things as yourself.

Apr 2015
I usually don't easily gets offended with things, unless they physically or verbally abuse me IRL, or those that insulting a race or a religion.
Jan 21, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
OP obviously has no idea how society works since I doubt he has ever stepped outside his room
Jan 21, 2016 1:20 PM

Nov 2008
Klad said:
OP obviously has no idea how society works since I doubt he has ever stepped outside his room

Society is primarily run by tyrants these days and not reasonable leaders .

Jan 21, 2016 1:28 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Personally I find people need to lighten up, grow a pair or just shut the fuck up. Especially people who go out of their way to be offended by something then complain about it.

"You know what offends me, games with female lead character who barely wear any clothes so lets go google sexy game characters then update my blog and make out that they were forged down my throat just like my daddy use to force things down my throat *sobs in corner*", there is obviously some sort of narcissism or false justice when they do something like that, I dont understand how complaining about things that you dont affect you is appealing, and must be a sad life to live...
Jan 21, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
I'd get offended by life if everybody were as apathetic as you. Imagine how boring that would be?
Jan 21, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Lux_Lucis said:
I do. That's why I live by "If I offended you - you needed it" (it's right there below the PSP).
Same goes for me obviously.

Whoresome-Jack said:
Or you could just adapt and get off on being insulted

A stupid, ugly creature like yourself has no other option.

One of my favourite hobbies is coming out of a shower and stomping around the place while pretending to be a titan aka fuck this 30 character limit

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Jan 21, 2016 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
What if I told you that Japan is inferior to America?

Would you get offended?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 21, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
I don't thiink people should or shouldn't do something. Caring that much is absurd to me
Jan 21, 2016 2:25 PM

May 2014
What are you? Fucking retarded?

Like a world without standards should exist is a terrible concept
I've been here way too long...
Jan 21, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
Azumaoru said:
Oh, boohoo, someone made fun of your weight, race, sexuality, waifu, whatever? FFS, they're just words. Get over it, you sensitive little bitch.

That's like saying have no emotions.

It's just human. Imagine someone you thought you were close to actually hated you.
Which is the exact reason why I'm totally against sending your dogs (or just pets) to the pound. Can you even imagine how depressed the dogs feel?

I left my dog in a kennel for 2 weeks since I was going on vacation, and when I got back she lost a lot of her body weight out of depression and not eating.

Damn...
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jan 21, 2016 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
Feeling offended or not is completely irrelevant. What matters is the fact that people use it as "proof" that someone is "without a doubt" a racist, sexist, anti-semite, nazi, etc.
Jan 21, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
@Lux_Lucis

I'd need a couple lessons, I want to talk to girls like you do. Seems to work better than my usual
"hey, xxxxx, y-y'know, I-I think you're really cu- oh, she left"
Jan 21, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
^You mean you're actually able to GUESS WHAT A WOMAN WANTS TO HEAR?

*hides in a corner*
Jan 21, 2016 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
People have the right to be offended, but that doesn't change the fact that

a. there are some instances where taking offense is completely and utterly stupid
b. people are wusses
c. i don't want to hear their griping for the rest of time about how offended they are by fucking everything
d. taking offense to everything is a surefire way to live a lonely, pathetic, unproductive life. you will not gain friends, you will not be seen as a good or kind person (in the least), you will not be seen as respectable, by acting like a petulant child and sulking in woe every time someone says something that you do not like or agree with
Jan 21, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
eyestippler said:

a. there are some instances where taking offense is completely and utterly stupid
b. people are wusses
c. i don't want to hear their griping for the rest of time about how offended they are by fucking everything
d. taking offense to everything is a surefire way to live a lonely, pathetic, unproductive life. you will not gain friends, you will not be seen as a good or kind person (in the least), you will not be seen as respectable, by acting like a petulant child and sulking in woe every time someone says something that you do not like or agree with

It's also a great way to make people lose their jobs or even get them into prison. Like a woman saying "that guy stared at me suspiciously! He must definitly be a sexist! *starts crying crocodile tears* police! I think he wanted to rape me! Catch him!"
Jan 21, 2016 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Grey-Zone said:
eyestippler said:

b. people are wusses

It's also a great way to make people lose their jobs. Like a woman saying "that guy stared at me suspiciously! He must definitly be a sexist! *starts crying crocodile tears* police! I think he wanted to rape me! Catch him!"

Don't even get me started on false accusations esp when it comes to rape.... those bitches deserve to rot in hell if they ruin an innocent guy's life in exchange for notoriety, money,and/or sympathy. What a way to devalue people who have actually had the traumatizing experiences of being subject to severer sex crimes...
Jan 21, 2016 3:16 PM

Feb 2015
I'm offended that you assume I'd be offended by trivial things like that! (Somebody call me bitter. I feel bitter)
Jan 21, 2016 3:19 PM
Nov 2015
Tolerance is the virtue of saintliness. It's important not to get offended but it's important not to offend too.
Jan 21, 2016 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
Azumaoru said:

‌‌‌‌ ‌‌‌‌ ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌ ‌‌‌‌ ‌‌‌‌ ‌‌‌‌
Jan 21, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Depends. If you mean getting offended over words then I'd agree that's pretty dumb (if they're coming from someone you care about then it's understandable). Personally, I'm someone who's more likely to get offended from actions than expired air, but even then my cares are limited
Jan 21, 2016 4:42 PM

Dec 2015
OP is offending me just now.

--------------------------------
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.