Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 11, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was nice, seeing Shirayuki return. She looks pretty much the same and the vibe of the show feels just like the first cour.

I noticed they played some of the scenes from season 1 to refresh the viewers' minds about Shirayuki/Zen's relationship. Cute. I still find her reactions to be priceless. As for this season, there's definitely certain things I want to see being adapted. Episode felt kinda slow imo but still retains the comedy, drama, and romance atmosphere as I wanted to see. I'm okay with the new OP song, looks quite similar to the previous one though. This also felt a bit like a set up for rest of the season, should be exciting to see.
Jan 11, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
Nice OP, though I like previous OP more.

Annual cleaning up. She is a quick learner. Nobu's character helping the boy herbalist out like brother, nice. lol @ the story about the cut from the paper can become paper man.

The guy who captured her in first season got out of the jail and wanting to meet both of them. He gave information on another guy who searches for her, and in return give him job. Then FukuJun's character inviting her to the party, so she needs training and go there. Wow, two things at once.

ED is pretty, still cannot choose which one's better.

The guy the prince assigned didn't please Nobu's character, it seems, that he wants a match!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Sep 2010
Ah.~ The episode ended there, huh? I'm really wondering how Bones will pace future episodes 'cause it's going to be...interesting. XD

tsubasalover said:
Nice OP, though I like previous OP more.

ED is pretty, still cannot choose which one's better.

I think the same too.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 11, 2016 8:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Calm start. I don't like the OP at all ^^ ED is also just okay.
Jan 11, 2016 8:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The animation of Zen training in the OP was amazing O_O Glad to see that our main cast haven't changed a bit too

Was an okay start to the new season but I must say that Ryu and Obi made this episode together because their interactions with each other was just really cute

Other than that, I'm curious to find out who this Kazuki person is and what he wants with Shirayuki....OP was okay but the ED as pretty good
Jan 11, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2015
Excellent as expected after the first season. Can't wait to see what might develop.

Looking forward to the duel between Zen and Obi as well. Let's see what Bones can do.
Jan 11, 2016 8:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Imagine the rage if Shirayuki got NTR'd by baka ouji
Jan 11, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
The OP felt a bit underwhelming but I liked the animations. The ED was pretty :3

I love how this feels more of like a continuation to the series than a start of something new.

Obi and Little Ryu interactions were adorable ;u;
Jan 11, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
OP and ED aren't as good as the ones from the first season, but everything else is as good as it was back in the Summer. At this point, my only concern is with Kazuki and his motivations. I'm seriously hoping there's more to him than him just being after Shirayuki for her hair or something again. That'd just be repetitive if that was the case, though I do wonder what else could be motivating him in his search.
Jan 11, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2013
We're back with a bang. So much drama from the off at the end there, preceded by some lighthearted moments. I really hope they build on Ryu's character a bit more. His interactions with Obi were really nice to see.

Zen being the crazy overprotective boyfriend here, though considering the request and the incident with the ex-aristocrat guy right before that, I can totally understand why he'd be on edge.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 11, 2016 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
I think the first OP was better, and I was ok with the ED.

It's amazing how so much drama is started all because of the color of Shirayuki's hair. Sucks to be her sometimes lol. A pretty decent start to the second cour, though, with comedy, drama, and a little bit of Zen x Shirayuki romance right off the bat. I hope Obi and Ryu interact more in future episodes, they seem to have good chemistry and Obi seems like a big brother figure to Ryu.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 11, 2016 9:35 AM
Sep 2015
Season open with a Big Bang. Well I must say that there took that theme to be a bit more Darker then last season. I must say I can't wait for the Next week. But the Introduction of new people or Old was a bit fast. Maybe it been because I read the Manga during the Break of this Show. But I was great Episode to Start. With a new Opening Song that is more Addictive then last one. I must say that it is funny that OVA and the this episode did add to Season. Well I hope Next week it will get more Layer on the show.
Jan 11, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
Dang, Mitsuhide stole Obi's spot as guard. You totally know he felt that. I bet the match he's gonna have next week with Zen is for the right to guard her :p
Jan 11, 2016 9:50 AM

Feb 2015
Such a calming show. Glad to see it back. Liked the OP and ED. Good song + beautiful visuals.

Obi carrying Ryu on his shoulders was cute. They're like brothers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2016 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
I want more Obi and Ryu playtime!

Thought this was episode was on a par with the previous cour - which is exactly what I wanted.
Jan 11, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
Obi and Ryu were so cute.
Jan 11, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2015
Glad they brought that guy from the 1st season episode 2 back. If they didn't I would feel like they wasted a good character.
Jan 11, 2016 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
The opening and ending were okay!

Shirayuki is trying to gain more knowledge about the herbs!
Jan 11, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
ok the first episode really hooked me in.. so many questions.. who is kazuki. what will happen to shirayuki and others between the lines
Jan 11, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
Yaaaay! More Shirayuki kawaiiness!

The first half or so was peaceful with the semiannual cleaning going on. Shirayuki is learning new things through this cleaning.

Things get a bit serious as Mihaya shows up, this time to warn Shirayuki about a guy who wanted to know about the red haired girl. And at the same time, Raj asked for Shirayuki to come to his ball as he has supposedly turned into a proper prince thanks to what Shirayuki said to him when he visited Clarines. So Shirayuki need not worry about the now former douchebag as Raj wouldn't do anything stupid since it would be insulting to him and his country. Raj does have quite the timing as Kazuki is lurking about to kidnap Shirayuki or something. Mitsuhide is ordered to accompany Shirayuki to Tanbarun as her bodyguard. But I think if something were to happen to Shirayuki with or without Mitsuhide around, Raj would take some action (provided he isn't involved and also provided that he isn't a douchebag anymore) since his guest would then be in danger and he can't just sit around as he is a prince after all.

Shirayuki will have to undergo some training so that she doesn't end up embarrassing herself and Clarines since she would be representing Clarines to an extent.

This was nice. The OP and ED are a bit of a downgrade from last season but they are still good enough.
Jan 11, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2015
The music and visuals are just as stunning as the first seasons, and the characters are still interesting, loved the moments between Obi and Ryu <3
Jan 11, 2016 10:56 AM
Jan 2015
I missed this show so much and I'm really glad it's back for a second season.

As other have pointed out, the OP and ED certainly weren't good as the first season, but good nonetheless.

The overall episode was a good kick-start for the second season, a couple of odd / derpy looking faces here and there, but with there being so few of them I think it can be overlooked.

Shirayuki reaction faces are just the cutest

I really enjoyed the moments between both Obi and Ryu, kinda like brothers in a way.

Looking forward to next weeks episode!
Jan 11, 2016 10:58 AM

Oct 2014
While the first OP and ED, are better, i can'T complain about this episode at all, starting strong and stuff :D
Jan 11, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2009
I like this season's OP and ED better than the first season's tbh.

I still can't get over how cute Shirayuki and Zen's relationship is, Zen is such a sweetheart.

Ryuu is real a cutiepie. The Obi and Ryuu moments were nice.
Jan 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Oct 2009
Oh, that was such a refreshing episode ^^

This was one of the few shows I knew was airing this season and I've been looking forward to it.

It seems to stay very true to the first season, which is good! Even though the setting and story isn't exactly anything special, the characters are just a joy to watch and thats what makes the show enjoyable for me.

Nice to have it back :)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jan 11, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
Cute af, the greatness has officially came back, I really missed Shirayuki since Summer.
Jan 11, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2012
Oh how I missed these two cuties
Jan 11, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
so it's back and it's nice i guess i'm not really into romance
Jan 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Feb 2015
finally. the first half felt good with the pacing and the second half was really interesting. i was wondering who is that blode short boy. look foward to the next episode. and obvious i expected that shirayuki's vocie actor will sing the OP :D. the op was pretty good imo same with the ed.
Jan 11, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
Liking the new op song. Really fun interactions between the characters this first ep. Man, I'm glad it's back!
Jan 11, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2015
lol at Obi teasing Zen yet again by emphasizing the 'bishounen' part XD Obi gets a lot more exposure than Zen this episode. Well, he's Obi. He's awesome. I feel kinda bad for Zen because of this but at least he got to flirt with Shirayuki in his sleep.

OP is better than before, but I like Saorin's singing from the previous one more.
Jan 11, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad this show is back, and has the same vibe as the first season
Jan 11, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
I liked the previous OP better than this one but the visuals are way better this time around.

The interactions between Obi and Ryu were really cute and Zen and Shirayuki are adorable as always. Obi probably wanted to be Shirayuki's guide lol
[center][/center]
Jan 11, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my god, it's christmas again this early?

Looks like Obi finally has something to go back for, it's funny to see how easy going he is with everyone else.
Jan 11, 2016 1:54 PM

May 2015
It's back again, and with a great start~ Still feels as great as S1. Hopefully it'll be even better.

Jan 11, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
Shirayuki's past would eventually come looking for her.
Great OP animation.
Jan 11, 2016 2:05 PM
Nov 2013
So happy to have this back, and the start to the second season is great. It seems like this season will be more plot heavy, which is a plus to a already great show.
Jan 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
Today got final exam, I got 8 more hours b4 exam starts, and I choose to watch anime 1st in early morning b4 doing revision ><
I like the previous opening song more than this season although it was good. I just miss Saori's Yasashii Kibou.
As for ending theme song, I like this season song more than the previous one.

"The paper fibers that get into the cut spread through their bodies, and they turn into paper people..." LOL

Animation is great as always.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see Shirayuki again :DD
Jan 11, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2015
Oh ho ho so it has started ... Shirayuki is in trouble :D
Jan 11, 2016 3:11 PM

Mar 2015
It's back. Some cute moments, I'm glad to see some development between the characters though.
Jan 11, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
With Akagami back my Mondays are complete again!
Jan 11, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
OP/ED are alright, but it's a decent first episode for the season. Shirayuki's possible connections come up again with the introduction of a couple of characters. Seems interesting so far.
Jan 11, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
My favorite fairytale couple of 2015 are back with a BANG!

I loved the moments between Obi and Ryu! They are like brothers.

I can't believe that Price Izana is sending Shirayuki back to her hometown for a ball and to see that dirtbag of a prince!

Definitely want to know more about this Kazuki character, and I really hope that Zen and Shirayuki can have a future together!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 11, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2015
It's back and there is more drama than ever, but it's so great !
Jan 11, 2016 6:17 PM

Nov 2014
Glad to see them back. Shirayuki always getting in trouble with her red hair
Hi there
Jan 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Sep 2007
So glad they didn't go the "let's reintroduce everyone in detail again" route that some sequels do...I was most afraid of that happening again.

Ahhh I missed this show so much.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
Sneaky Izana, always plotting something.
Personally, I would have sent Obi with Shirayuki. I know that Zen trust Mitsuhide more, but Obi is more aware of the potential intrigue treath.

Shirayuki is so lovely when she's flustered. Ryuu too is kawaii when he's flustered.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 11, 2016 7:09 PM

Jul 2012
So happy for this to be back, It still gave off the same feel and same atmosphere that I loved in the first season. This episode did a good job in bringing us back by giving us some cute Zen x Shirayuki moments and showing flashbacks of what happened before to re jog our memory and also giving us new character interactions like between Obi and Ryu with a brotherly bond feeling. Then we get the drama that will start off this season with of course what? Shirayuki's red hair being the source again with this new guy Kazuki looking for her and then Prince Raji also inviting her to a party so theres that too. I can't wait for next week's episode to see how this will continue.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6L36ERBN8
Jan 11, 2016 7:40 PM

Oct 2011
Love the OP/ED.

Missed you, Shirayuki...
Jan 11, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Pissed off Zen is something I'll never get tired of. :'D

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

87 by OberonFelsach »»
Apr 8, 2023 6:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.