Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2016 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
Mavis is adorable. It's amazing, little did people know at that time that she was going to be the founder of one of the most amazing guilds on the continent.

I have a question though, so is there going to be a episode 92? or does fairy tail 2014 end here and start at fairy tail zero? or is fairy tail 2014 and fairy tail zero just seperate shows?

Jan 10, 2016 12:14 AM

Mar 2008
My god loli Mavis was absolutely precious. Too much cute to handle.
Jan 10, 2016 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
awesome start. it was kind of heart whelming the first half and mavis is really really cute, her voice is just perfect. can't wait for next episode but i'll put this on-hold now and marathon it after the arc is finished.

DsDude said:
Mavis is adorable. It's amazing, little did people know at that time that she was going to be the founder of one of the most amazing guilds on the continent.

I have a question though, so is there going to be a episode 92? or does fairy tail 2014 end here and start at fairy tail zero? or is fairy tail 2014 and fairy tail zero just seperate shows?

there is going to be an episode 92, it's just a new arc. basically fairy tail zero is just an arc in fairy tail 2014.
Jan 10, 2016 2:48 AM

May 2012
DsDude said:
It's part of FT 2014. FT Zero episodes are treated as an arc here, which connects to a later arc. All episodes now being called "FT Zero - *insert episode name here*, like how they done with Tartaros arc episodes, where the episode names were "Tartaros prologue/chapter/epilogue *insert ep name here*".

Jan 10, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Mavis is so kawaii :( and so mistreated!
Jan 10, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
OH GOD MAVIS IS SO CUTE.

Anyway it IS Fairy Tail (2014), but the arc is called Fairy Tail Zero (even if the mangas are separate).
Jan 10, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Mavis is so tiny!! They added fillers at the start of this but it seems like it like it’ll focus on Zero from now on. It was a pretty good start to the arc and hopefully it gets better from here, it is a very short manga though so I’m not sure if they’ll add more stuff to it to stretch it out since it’s the most likely scenario.
Jan 10, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2009
Man, with the size of those heads how do the kids not fall over?

This is off to a great start so far. Hard to feel much sympathy for Red Lizard, they got what they deserved, but Mavis' good-nature and sadness kind of did.

Really psyched to see where this goes. I wish the eye catch hadn't shown Zeref, I skipped the opening to avoid spoilers. Oh well. Still really psyched to find out about the origin of Fairy Tail.
Jan 10, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2012
W-why would you abuse a loli?
Jan 10, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2015
I felt sorry for Mavis :')
and my eyes teared up at Zera's last scene.
Ara Ara~
Jan 11, 2016 11:51 AM
Apr 2013
Does anyone else besides me feel that fairy tail zero could have basically been a really good fairy tail instead of a side story. I mean I think from what i've seen that it could have been a really good series about a group mages starting a guild.

just a thought,still like the anime but like I said just a thought
Jan 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
chaosflame5 said:
DsDude said:
It's part of FT 2014. FT Zero episodes are treated as an arc here, which connects to a later arc. All episodes now being called "FT Zero - *insert episode name here*, like how they done with Tartaros arc episodes, where the episode names were "Tartaros prologue/chapter/epilogue *insert ep name here*".

Love said:
awesome start. it was kind of heart whelming the first half and mavis is really really cute, her voice is just perfect. can't wait for next episode but i'll put this on-hold now and marathon it after the arc is finished.

DsDude said:

there is going to be an episode 92, it's just a new arc. basically fairy tail zero is just an arc in fairy tail 2014.

Alright good to know, this is getting pretty exciting. I love how much story there is to Fairy Tail, and the fact that they're showing how Fairy Tail formed is too much to handle, so good!

Jan 11, 2016 4:12 PM

Jan 2016
that was a great start mavis's past was soo sad though....
Jan 11, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2014
Pretty good introducing to FT Zero arc. I actually like the animation and Mavis is sure cute. >.< I think they did a great job with setting up the plot with the backstory of FT. The part with Natsu and Happy were a perfect match. Usually I don't give FT ep. more than 3/5, but this one definitely gets 5/5. Superb ep.

I am also looking forward for this arc. I can, as one that have read the manga throughout, say that for those who only watch the anime should really look forward for this arc. I think it can be one of the best FT arc and definitely the best it had in a looooooong time. :)
Jan 11, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2014
babyblue999 said:
I was wondering how they would put this altogether despite that it hasn't finished yet, but it's looking pretty great so far! can't wait for the rest! XD

If you are talking about the manga (Fairy tail Zero), then it's finished I think.
Jan 12, 2016 4:45 AM
Sep 2012
Well Fairy Tail Zero is part of the 2014 anime series, and not a separate series, since that is the case, I wonder when they adapt a later chapter of the main manga series,

I wonder
I understand not during that in the manga since the Zero manga is a whole separate series from the main manga series, that is not the case in the anime.
Jan 13, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2013
I LOVE IT.................
Jan 15, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
Hoping on the feels train.
Jan 18, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
Glad Zeeself died. He deserved it. I would have left Zera in the rubble.

The manga escalated quickly. Nice to see Zera act like a bitch in the new scenes.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 19, 2016 11:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Nice start to the Fairy Tail Zero arc. I hope it ends nicely too.

"We never thought about what to do for training in the first place!"

That one sentence describes the whole anime.

"Seven years later" xD Do they know any number besides seven?

The giant heads bothered me...but that's pretty common in anime in little characters..
Jan 25, 2016 10:44 AM

Sep 2009
Well, I'm torn. The story is interesting, but did they really need to make Mavis into such a Mary Sue? You can only go so far that way, before a character becomes funny or worse, feels psychotic.
But I think it'll be a fun arc.
Jan 28, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was refreshing and different to what we got before. Been looking forward to Zero being animated seeing as I never got round to reading it.

Jan 28, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
Oh my god... the fucking proportions. What the hell, their head is bigger than the rest of their bodies. Thank god it was only 1 episode.
Feb 6, 2016 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
That backstory ;;
It was nice getting to see some of Mavis's past, and I'm happy that this arc is focused around her and the beginnings of Fairy Tail. After Tartaros, I seriously need some lighthearted Fairy Tail fun. One of my favourite things about this series is how serious it can get and then pull a 180 in the next few episodes. I like the balance between humor and seriousness too.
Apr 2, 2016 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
That girl....Zera, that urge i had to punch her.
Mavis was so cute :3 omg Still what a sad beginning of the Fairy Tail Zero :(
So Zera is alive? I thought she died.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 17, 2016 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
So now we head into Fairy Tail Zero, I hope the characters grow on me. So far it was not bad, but also not great.
May 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Apr 2011
I haven't had too much cuteness lately. Haha.
Six year old Mavis is such a cutie~

Aug 24, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2012
what a start of ft zero m let's see , wtf 16:42 bunch of lolis giving order to each other

Sep 9, 2016 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
blfan said:
Wow we go back in time to Fairy Tail Zero.

I was wondering how they were going to make the transition from the main manga series to Zero, and they had 7 minutes of Natsu and Happy hi jinx, I hope when this is over they adapt chapter 417, and I do wonder in this adaption, we will cut back to Natsu and Happy at times to pad out the episodes, Zero is only 13 of 20 page chapters, and this is going be 12 episodes, there will be need for a lot of filler and padding. And great to see them bump into the same species of Mavis pet.

I do like the opening, it looks like they are going to keep the Mavis / Zera bath scene, they have it in the opening, and I was worried they were going to spoil things about Zera, luckily it is very vague and not that obvious, I will leave it that or else I will spoil things.

So Mavis was Cinderella, a terrible life treated like crap, enough that most people would go insane or think of suicide, but Mavis keeps a positive up beat attitude, yup she is Cinderella, only without the happy ending.

Red Lizard is a guild that the old Twilight Orge or Phantom Lord would be proud of. I wish we got more of a backstory on what kind of relationship the Red Lizard master had with Mavis parents. On one hand did he hate them so much that he wants to make Mavis life measurable, but on the other hand he is being kind by not throwing her out on the streets.

We get a filler story on Mavis bring Zera her lunch, in the manga Zera didn't get much screen time in the 1st chapter, all we saw her off before the Blue Skull attack, and we never saw her interact with Mavis until that attack, so that adds the scene of them running away and her saying how mean she has always been to Mavis more weight, and we see an example instead of being told. And we get more of an idea of her character before that tragic night.

And the scene when Zera collapse, that was so dark, one moment it looks like Mavis might finally a friend, the next moment she is drowning in tears and when she said she might never meet fairies now, I lost it there, that was so sad.

Time skip 7 years later, because of course it is 7 years, why wouldn't it be? And we meet the other 3 founders of Fairy Tail, Percht, Warrod, and Yury and things end on a more upbeat note.

I love the ending song, it is so catchy, I have to see it again.

Next week, we begin the founding of Fairy Tail, as our 4 founders meet.

All and all, I enjoyed this episode, the anime really captured the heart of Fairy Tail Zero, so off to a great start, can't wait till next week.

Man i haven't read the manga but it is as obvious as it can be that she is dead already.
Sep 17, 2016 6:55 PM

Feb 2010
Sanguies said:
Does anyone else besides me feel that fairy tail zero could have basically been a really good fairy tail instead of a side story. I mean I think from what i've seen that it could have been a really good series about a group mages starting a guild.

just a thought,still like the anime but like I said just a thought
Personally, I would actually like Mavis to be the MC instead lol. Would feel a lot more interesting with this kind of start for FT. Then again, thats after over 200 episodes of Natsu and Lucy so idk haha

Sep 20, 2016 10:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Begining Fairy Tail ZERO!!! The origin of Fairy Tail!!!
Sep 20, 2016 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
First a little cut with how Natsu and Happy failed the beginning of there training lol and went to Tenrou Island.
After We Begin FT Zero :3 LOVE THE OP and the ED is so incredible i got chills ^o^
Find Mavis in a Cinderella situation, but soon after is got destroyed and she have only Zera left with her.. this is going to be a interesting act.
At the end we go forward 7 y and meet the rest of the 4 founders, young Warren, Percht/Hades and Yury, Makarov's dada :3

Lets begin the start of Fairy tail !
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Dec 2012
Too...too....TOO CUTE. Little Mavis is just so lovable. I want to go adopt and father her, it's too much! Her circumstances at Red Lizard reminded me of Cosette from Les Mis.
Jun 25, 2017 9:52 PM

May 2012
Holy shit Mavis had a horrible backstory :| quite sad but I do quite like the change in setting and pacing! Looking forward to see what happens next to be honest.
Nov 23, 2017 2:23 AM

Sep 2012
Nice. I've always wanted to see gow it all started.
Jan 7, 2018 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
Mavis is so cute and adorable! Zera was a bitch to her...
Feb 5, 2018 4:04 AM

May 2016
I cried so hard for Mavis hard childhood she was adorable ugh T-T
The new Opening is really good and the Ed as well I'm that bastard was killed.
Mar 1, 2018 1:39 AM
Dec 2017
owah!! damm good.. love it
Oct 4, 2018 3:04 PM

May 2018
Maybe I'm just spoiled bcause I read the manga first but that one particular scene (which I don't want to name here any further) did not seem so obvious in the manga counterpart. But that might be just me.
Mar 13, 2019 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
Of course Mavis has a tragic backstory; she's a Fairy Tail character. That's OK; I like 'em that way.

The scene with Mavis and Zera at the end was a bit too sappy for my taste until Zera dropped. That was an oh shit. :(

Was expecting Zera to be the other girl in the OP... guess she's not. RIP.

Why do Fairy Tail kids have omega sized heads?

Oh nevermind, watching the next episode preview evidently it is Zera. Fucking false flag smh.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 3, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2009
I love this arc! Mavis is so adorable and smart and all-around awesome!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 30, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2018
I actually thought that child Mavis had stockholm syndrome or something lol
Jul 17, 2022 12:28 AM

May 2020
Backstory arc, and off to a good start already. Mavis though, some harsh childhood she had, guess being one of the important characters already make it necessary to have one lol.

And Zera's dead? I'm not sure. Last OP and ED, and of course they didn't disappoint.
Oct 11, 2023 2:17 PM
Feb 2021
so just one big orgin arc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.