Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh...this is what I had expected from DEEN. I like Chinese adapted novels but the artwork needs more improvement.

There's some comedy gags that makes the show hard to take serious as well. I'm fine with that though as we got some clan stuff going on. There's nothing special in the first half until some two guys flew into town (literally).

For a fantasy series, I'm not feeling it just yet but maybe it will get better later on? Hoping so. Lol the main character is clever and finds gold properties within a mystical object. At least we got a capable MC who knows some knowledge about their world.
Jan 8, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
This anime was trying hard to be funny but so far it failed in my opinion.
Some of the characters seem interesting but the main or better said the main party didn't seem that interesting to me.

Well i will stick with this for the time being.
Jan 8, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
Any news on subgroup/streaming site picking this up?
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jan 8, 2016 1:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That was some really bad comedy imo. This anime just feels so lost with what it's trying to be.

2/5
Jan 8, 2016 3:35 PM

Nov 2014
Its really good IMO, it followed the manga really well, although there are a few characters included, as expected from xianxia

4/5
Jan 8, 2016 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
did you guys just review it based solely on the animation quality lol?

to me its a refresh from all the mindless service/loli/waifu/panchira animes with some real plot and character development,

to the other guys looking forward to this show, wait for the subs , the animation is indeed shit tier but the overall plot is intriguing
KonWJan 8, 2016 6:19 PM
Jan 8, 2016 8:08 PM

Dec 2014
I wonder how many years it would take before many would take Chinese animation seriously, we had the chance in the 60s or earlier, but now we have to build it from scrap and it's totally wrong-headed.
Jan 8, 2016 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
raveninthemuddle said:
I wonder how many years it would take before many would take Chinese animation seriously, we had the chance in the 60s or earlier, but now we have to build it from scrap and it's totally wrong-headed.

its only the question of budget, its not like anime is rocket science, also this show is made by studio deen,,
ill list some examples of high budget chinese made animes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLYWSD43b_w based on another chinese web comic published by Tencent,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0JVAeSibc a new high profile movie to be shown in 2016 in cn cinemas

also ,i came upon this japanese blog that lists specifically the newly cn made animes http://chinanime.blog.fc2.com/page-1.html ,,

to list a few examples/pv of the new animes in cn this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0iwQnZxlmU
http://b.1339.cf/noqkuif.webm
http://chinanime.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-958.html
http://chinanime.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-959.html
(seems to me all has better quality than this Reikenzan)

KonWJan 8, 2016 10:32 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
KonW said:
raveninthemuddle said:

its only the question of budget, its not like anime is rocket science, also this show is made by studio deen,,

This show won't get any better if it got a bigger or sufficient budget when the script and storytelling is so incompetent. Animation is not rocket science sure, but it's an art form that needs different kind of talents to master. I'm sorry that it might sound rude but thinking money can solve everything feels really like this is what a stereotypical new generation of Chinese youngsters would say, or the close-minded, hypocritical producer who benefited from the economic boom in the 90s and has no idea of what quality animation is.
Jan 9, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2014
The comedy fails so bad with this, not to mention the animation and their reactions are all over the place.
Dropped.
Jan 9, 2016 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
raveninthemuddle said:
KonW said:

This show won't get any better if it got a bigger or sufficient budget when the script and storytelling is so incompetent. Animation is not rocket science sure, but it's an art form that needs different kind of talents to master. I'm sorry that it might sound rude but thinking money can solve everything feels really like this is what a stereotypical new generation of Chinese youngsters would say, or the close-minded, hypocritical producer who benefited from the economic boom in the 90s and has no idea of what quality animation is.

im addressing the problem you said about animation and quality, on the other hand, if you think the other parts that makes up an anime like story,script,etc then its a matter of your personal opinion that i strongly disagree with,,a matter i would not have any intention to discuss with you either, in fact i dont even know how do you managed to review them without even understanding the lines(no subs yet),

in short, i agree with the animation is shit tier which i said would greatly improve with some easy budget increase, i even listed a bunch of chinese made animes with very obvious higher quality in animation and everything else than this Reikenzan, not even to mention that Reikenzan its made by Studio Deen, a well known japanese anime maker,, so i really dont see where your point is, in fact, not trying to be rude, i find this conversation is going no where and you seemed to lack the very basic reading comrephension so this will be my last reply to you as i think ive already made my point more than abundantly clear,,

have a nice day
Jan 9, 2016 7:53 AM

Dec 2014
KonW said:

im addressing the problem you said about animation and quality, on the other hand, if you think the other parts that makes up an anime like story,script,etc then its a matter of your personal opinion that i strongly disagree with,,a matter i would not have any intention to discuss with you either, in fact i dont even know how do you managed to review them without even understanding the lines(no subs yet),

What makes you think I don't know the Chinese language, or do you really think you are the only Chinese here? I thought the use of "we" in my first post is a clear indication of my cultural background, why else would I use "we" for if I'm not part of the culture group? It's just one sentence, how did you miss that?
Jan 9, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2008
raveninthemuddle said:
KonW said:

What makes you think I don't know the Chinese language, or do you really think you are the only Chinese here? I thought the use of "we" in my first post is a clear indication of my cultural background, why else would I use "we" for if I'm not part of the culture group? It's just one sentence, how did you miss that?

god, and you still dont get the point, facepalm, if you think the story is bad ok, its fine, its your personal opinion, something i have no intention to argue with, what im talking about is the animation quality, which unlike your point, clearly can be improved by some budget increase, as is proved by the other cn made anime i listed.

on aonther hand,
if you understood the lines&plot,, i really dont see where the "script and storytelling is so incompetent" is coming from, it told the story perfectly well, the animation is poor and low budget but the pace and dialogue is well done, the characters are obviously well presented with characteristics cleanly depicted as is intended by the original novel,,, not even to mention, for the god damn 3rd or 4th time, THE WHOLE EPISODE IS DONE BY STUIDO DEEN A JAPANESE ANIME STUDIO.

(now i dont know why i wasted even more time trying to explain to you things i already said and said again, if you still cant understand, i have to say i jsut gave up, have it whatever the way you want, i dont care anymore
Jan 9, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2009
QUALITY anime of the season.
Jan 9, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
KonW said:

it told the story perfectly well, the animation is poor and low budget but the pace and dialogue is well done, the characters are obviously well presented with characteristics cleanly depicted as is intended by the original novel

Yep, this is all the evident I need. The fact that someone can say this thing has good storytelling is really beyond comprehension. You're right, there's no point to continue. And by the way, if that's the case, this is one shitty novel.

KonW said:

not even to mention, for the god damn 3rd or 4th time, THE WHOLE EPISODE IS DONE BY STUIDO DEEN A JAPANESE ANIME STUDIO.

So what? How does it matter if this is animated by Studio Deen, why is the fact that it's made by a Japanese animation studio matters? The show does nothing exceptional, and even very bad when you compare it to other works that the same studio done before. It's like they read the script, and they know it's shit, so why spend effort into it when they are preparing two other shows the same season? I'm sorry I just can't see why this is a legitimate reason that this show is good, because it's made by Japanese, for Chinese.
Jan 9, 2016 11:24 PM

Oct 2010
The characters are kinda quirky, so I like them. But the disappointing animation quality kills the mood entirely, not that I expected any artistic masterpieces from DEEN.

As for a coherent and well-articulated story...well who the hell has that anymore besides the occasional psychological/horror series of the season?
Jan 10, 2016 12:36 AM

Oct 2014
Decided to watch the raw than to wait for the subs because it's getting annoying.

-
The animation is FINE, but it still needs improvement. I hope they're gonna fix this in next episodes.

The comedy was pretty.. failed. But the story was portrayed fine, but still needs improvements.

Edit: The opening theme is so good damn it! Soraru having High notes than mafu is unexpected lol

2/5. Still needs improvement but i still gotta watch it because of the OP theme, lol
aerithclodeJan 11, 2016 12:23 AM
Jan 10, 2016 4:40 AM

Mar 2013
Kinda funny but still hasn't totally picked my interest. Animation as well is lacking. Needs improvement. Good to hear Tsubasa voicing this main character though.
Jan 11, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
It looks so freaking cheap. The story is cliche, and I can't STAND the "looks like a girl but is a boy" trope. The voice acting is pretty bad, and the pacing is horrendous. Nothing really happened this episode to keep your interest. I like the ED music, that's the only thing I can say is good about the show.
Jan 11, 2016 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
So... when will someone dare to sub this?
Ruka desu.
Jan 11, 2016 2:23 PM
Sep 2013
Has no subbers picked up on this series? I'll watch it raw at this rate :p
Jan 11, 2016 2:46 PM
Nov 2014
gaah this was terrible. Bad: art, characters, story, sound track. I liked nothing except the opening about the series. It was painful almost. 2/10

also here is the review I wrote on here: aka telling people why this is trash
http://myanimelist.net/anime/32094/Reikenzan:_Hoshikuzu-tachi_no_Utage/reviews
Jan 11, 2016 7:07 PM

Mar 2009
Still no subs, huh?
Jan 12, 2016 12:46 AM

Dec 2007
delaneysloane said:
gaah this was terrible. Bad: art, characters, story, sound track. I liked nothing except the opening about the series. It was painful almost. 2/10

also here is the review I wrote on here: aka telling people why this is trash
http://myanimelist.net/anime/32094/Reikenzan:_Hoshikuzu-tachi_no_Utage/reviews

Ow the edge, lol. I've never understood why some people take so much pleasure in calling something bad.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 12, 2016 11:14 AM
Jul 2015
So this is Chinese? Reduces the possibility of a subtitling group, I would think.

I'll wait til the third episode is out. If no subs are there then, I'll watch it raw.
Jan 12, 2016 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
The one who call this anime bad is clearly never read the manga version before watching
Jan 12, 2016 11:55 PM

Aug 2011
Hidayat246 said:
The one who call this anime bad is clearly never read the manga version before watching

The hell has that to do with anything? This is a anime thread ya?
Jan 13, 2016 3:10 AM

Jan 2008
Hidayat246 said:

So? You think everyone who watches an adaptation has read the source material? An adaptation needs to be able to stand on its own, and this one does not. The art is terrible, the pacing is terrible, the animation is terrible.
Jan 13, 2016 5:02 AM

Jan 2015
DmonHiro said:
Hidayat246 said:

So? You think everyone who watches an adaptation has read the source material? An adaptation needs to be able to stand on its own, and this one does not. The art is terrible, the pacing is terrible, the animation is terrible.

There are no terrible ART in anime...exception Code Gayass and several others....
That aside....you said pacing is terrible - what do you mean by that? Is it to slow or to fast?
Jan 15, 2016 3:20 AM

May 2012
Why people care that much about art and animation ?! In almost every thread I see people talking abouyt art/animation as if thats the most important thing about anime. What about story, compedy, characters, entertainment ?! Those are more important than visuals

ALso, almost all modern anime I've seen have acceptable visuals. I've seen people say that Magi or Akagem ga Kill had bad animation, but I did not notice (or maybe I didn't care). I enjoyed both anime. It is still much better than reading colorless pictures (manga)
Jan 15, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2014
Underappreciated, oh well, it is chinese, not as good as Rainbow cat and blue rabbit, but it is trying, too bad Deen just didn't gave enough of a shit for it, and at least for once we got away from Japanese cliches (and right into Chinese cliches, but shut up I'm trying to make a point here).

And how did we get from the brown haired nice Chinese design to the bad blonde hair Japanese design that looks like Edward from FMA, I blame the anime for following the manga adaptation instead of the novel format.
ap1001Jan 15, 2016 6:25 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 15, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
CN sub finally out, EN where?
Well, it's not that terrible, just mediocre animation with overused dank memes.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jan 15, 2016 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
thepath said:
Why people care that much about art and animation ?! In almost every thread I see people talking abouyt art/animation as if thats the most important thing about anime. What about story, compedy, characters, entertainment ?! Those are more important than visuals

Story, compedy, characters, entertainment are all elements that can also be found in books. Animation and art are a stable of anime, which, by the way, is short for ANIMATION. What exactly do you think it's named for? Sountracks?
Jan 16, 2016 2:10 AM

Jun 2013
DmonHiro said:
Hidayat246 said:

That why i say EVERYONE WHO CALL THIS ANIME BAD VERY MUCH NEVER READ or REFUSE TO READ THE MANGA VERSION

THAT INCLUDING YOU

I will never call this one bad since the animation quality and pace story almost same with manga version
Jan 16, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2008
Hidayat246 said:
I will never call this one bad since the animation quality and pace story almost same with manga version

If you're saying that the manga has the same art and the same pacing, then the manga is also bad. Also... manga can't HAVE animation quality. It's impossible. I'm guessing English is not your first language.
Jan 16, 2016 4:07 PM
Mar 2012
ED song very nice. OP visuals & animation good. Haven't watched real chinese cartoons in awhile, so subs & voice were still a challenge.
Art style similar to Arslan Senki, pretty average. Detailed backgrounds. Lower detail character drawings, nice gradients & designs, still much better than Pandora & Denpa Kyoushi. Some background chars have more face detail than the derp faces in Log Horizon MCs. I'd say Deen improved from LH. Hardly any CG, mostly exposition here so not much animation.
Cultural references, puns, aphorisms, funny dialects from different parts of China, censored cussing, were somewhat funny, probably since the cliche's are fresh for me.
Dual colored eye looks nice. MC & sword clan folks char design looks fine. Blue hair landlord quite cute in a mature way. Bag servant looks like girl but seems boy..confused. Only < 12yr olds can pass the golden bridge, but oddly most look much older, and that ojisan lol. Foreshadowing by ojisan hints green robe "friend" is someone important. MC using intelligence instead of just fighting ability, like the 5 elements yin yang & double deal sales, is a nice change from battle shounens.

Edit: A mal user made English subs ep1-2: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1472936
Link barely works. Might need to ask the user.
Translation mostly fine, sometimes random English on the aphorisms, includes some cultural references.
gophercgJan 16, 2016 4:31 PM
Jan 17, 2016 2:36 AM
Jan 2016
gophercg said:
ED song very nice. OP visuals & animation good. Haven't watched real chinese cartoons in awhile, so subs & voice were still a challenge.
Art style similar to Arslan Senki, pretty average. Detailed backgrounds. Lower detail character drawings, nice gradients & designs, still much better than Pandora & Denpa Kyoushi. Some background chars have more face detail than the derp faces in Log Horizon MCs. I'd say Deen improved from LH. Hardly any CG, mostly exposition here so not much animation.
Cultural references, puns, aphorisms, funny dialects from different parts of China, censored cussing, were somewhat funny, probably since the cliche's are fresh for me.
Dual colored eye looks nice. MC & sword clan folks char design looks fine. Blue hair landlord quite cute in a mature way. Bag servant looks like girl but seems boy..confused. Only < 12yr olds can pass the golden bridge, but oddly most look much older, and that ojisan lol. Foreshadowing by ojisan hints green robe "friend" is someone important. MC using intelligence instead of just fighting ability, like the 5 elements yin yang & double deal sales, is a nice change from battle shounens.

Edit: A mal user made English subs ep1-2: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1472936
Link barely works. Might need to ask the user.
Translation mostly fine, sometimes random English on the aphorisms, includes some cultural references.
I added the MEGA links. Could you please test the links? Thanks!
Jan 18, 2016 6:09 AM

Jan 2015
Ewww the animation. Sasuga DEEN.

Better than what I thought.
Jan 18, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2015
thepath said:

ALso, almost all modern anime I've seen have acceptable visuals. I've seen people say that Magi or Akagem ga Kill had bad animation, but I did not notice (or maybe I didn't care). I enjoyed both anime. It is still much better than reading colorless pictures (manga)
it kinda failed everything, and yes animation and art is important its a fucking anime not a fucking book
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2016 8:23 AM
Mar 2014
This one i'll add of my favs this year, the scenes from the opening song intrigued me, i think it'll be something interesting so i will be watching the next episodes of it!
Jan 18, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2013
Xianxia anime? lol
Jan 18, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2008
Ouchuu looks like a girl and sound like a girl, can't get used to him. Different Seiyuu would be better.

Also the main character looks like Tsunade from Naruto to me, so its also feels strange watching him.
Jan 18, 2016 11:00 AM
Nov 2014
raveninthemuddle said:
KonW said:

it told the story perfectly well, the animation is poor and low budget but the pace and dialogue is well done, the characters are obviously well presented with characteristics cleanly depicted as is intended by the original novel

Yep, this is all the evident I need. The fact that someone can say this thing has good storytelling is really beyond comprehension. You're right, there's no point to continue. And by the way, if that's the case, this is one shitty novel.

KonW said:

not even to mention, for the god damn 3rd or 4th time, THE WHOLE EPISODE IS DONE BY STUIDO DEEN A JAPANESE ANIME STUDIO.

So what? How does it matter if this is animated by Studio Deen, why is the fact that it's made by a Japanese animation studio matters? The show does nothing exceptional, and even very bad when you compare it to other works that the same studio done before. It's like they read the script, and they know it's shit, so why spend effort into it when they are preparing two other shows the same season? I'm sorry I just can't see why this is a legitimate reason that this show is good, because it's made by Japanese, for Chinese.

I believe yo are being completely rude when all KonK has been attempting is to clarify his initial point to you which you misunderstood. Instead of staying on the initial point, you instead went off on a tangent, instead arguing with each successive post of his when in fact all he was doing was trying to explain the same thing to you, not argue a new point.

And you say what does it matter if its made by a Japanese studio?

HERES THE DEAL: YOU! are the one who first brought up the animation quality was shit, and you made the assumption this was a Chinese anime. Then when KonK said a higher budget would help, YOU again implied he was a "Chinese youngster" for thinking a higher budget would matter, AGAIN implying that you thought this was a Chinese produced anime, and AGAIN implying you believed KonK was just a "Chinese youngster", i.e. a uninformed fanboy only trying to defend a "Chinese" made anime.

And this is what happened. You completely misunderstood, and instead of trying to understand his multiple explanations, you insulted him and the Chinese people as a whole even when this was Japanese made to begin with and no reason to attack or insult Chinese people/anime to begin with. Again this all was explained by KonK, but again you instead kept attacking China/Chinese in an attempt to make a point which had nothing to do with what KonK was saying.

I felt the need to write this to explain this argument to everyone who does not even understand why you are arguing with KonK, as well to explain it to you because you still didn't seem to get it.

When KonK finally made you understand that it was indeed made by Studio Deen, you AGAIN deflected your entire past posts by now making fun of Deen, saying "Well if you know anything Deen sucks based on past anime etc. etc.", implying yet again that KonK and anyone who thinks Deen doesn't suck is a fool or uninformed, unlike you who is 100% correct always(Maybe 50% of the time). You also went on to imply that this anime story sucks(Again insulting KonK for thinking the story was decent, which I thought it was okay as well, certainly not terrible which you seem to believe), stating that because the story sucks Deen would not spend much effort on this anime with their other 2 anime in the works.

You see how again you invalidated your own point? First you say that all Studio Deen anime has shit quality(they are known for this you state), and anyone who doesn't know this is stupid(Even though you thought this was a Chinese made anime with shit quality at the beginning of this whole ordeal). Immediately after you go on to say that because Studio Deen knew the story was bad they purposely spent little effort and instead put effort into the other shows. So you contradict yourself by saying at first all Deen anime have bad quality, then right after you state the reason it is bad is because the story was bad to begin with. Which is it? If all Deen anime are bad then why is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo so good this season? And if Deen spent little effort on this show because the story is shit, why do I, KonK(And many others) believe the story is decent and definitely not terrible like you say? If the story is so shit, and so is the animation, why does it rate above 7?(Which I see as the cut-off point for slightly above average in terms of Japanese full length anime-24 mins) And even a 7 although their is no official subs and the unofficial sub was just released today?

Why don't you stop being a dick just because you don't agree with somebody, KonK had a perfectly legitimate opinion on the story being rather original based on other anime troupes which is true this anime avoids many easy tropes it could have attempted. You made an joke/insult about Chinese animation which is fine it was sarcastic or seemed that way. KonK responded by saying its just budget and showed you some high quality Chinese animation just to inform you that Chinese animation can still be high quality. You called or implied that him and people that think like him are "Chinese youngsters" or "Idiot producers" that haven't left the 90s.

He reminded you that this isn't a Chinese animation, but he also explained why he believes quality of animation isn't everything in his opinion, and story etc. is also very important as well as animation being only a matter of budget in a lot of cases.

Once you are told it is not a Chinese animation, you seem to get nasty and continue to be insulting, somehow you make out KonK to be the "idiot" and the one in the wrong, when in reality most of the time he spent was spent amicably and non-hostily explaining his own opinion and never attacking your own. He specifically says something along the lines of "If you think animation quality is much more important than story than that is your opinion", and he does not get nasty in first informing you about Chinese animation, then about the studio who produced the show.

But you get hostile from the start, insulting first Chinese animation, then KonK and/or people like him, then Studio Deen, then the source material itself.

I did not read any further past the quote I chose to reply to, enough was enough for me. You were just so completely rude that I had to respond, and not just a response backing up KonK, but an in-depth analysis hopefully to help you understand just how offbase you were, and how much you insulted someone who was only ever being passive. Even if you did not intentionally insult someone, that does not mean your tone and words weren't unnecessarily aggressive, and could easily be seen as making an effort to be rude and confrontational. You took the stance of "My opinion is truth, this truth is above yours"

I felt the need to back up KonK. Sorry about the length but it is necessary if he chooses to come back and read this for him to understand how he was being super rude.
Jan 18, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2015
Saw it when a fansub was released. Holy hell, the subtitles were awful, to the point where it was hard to understand what they were even saying at times.

Regardless, this was fairly meh. The humour wasn't that funny at all.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 18, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
When looking at cover...was like what's this.
Watch it for a few mins and damn it's from that one Chinese Xiaxia novel.
Well, this is going to be interesting since most Xiaxia novel are good.
Jan 18, 2016 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
Cue the generic Chinese fantasy drama, lmao. XD

raveninthemuddle said:

Qin's Moon, S3+ yo.

China does have some good animated series, except they're exclusively domestic and probably will never get licensed outside of the country (like most everything produced in mainland China). Nobody even knows about them so you can't find them in English on Google, and in fact MAL only has a very small portion of Chinese series listed thanks only to a diligent club. Also, why would China need to develop an industry meant primary for youth/children when they can mooch profits off (bootleg) existing anime series in Japan? China wouldn't be able to compete with the popularity of Japan's anime industry either. (They're developing their economy, so the entertainment industry is obviously not a priority, especially this niche.)
MirorinJan 18, 2016 7:17 PM
Jan 18, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
StevePen387 said:

HERES THE DEAL: YOU! are the one who first brought up the animation quality was shit,

Go re-read those posts, it's KonW FIRST BROUGHT UP the shitty animation first, here's the quote "in short, i agree with the animation is shit tier", which I never said the animation is bad/awful or anything like that untill KonW brought up that it's animated by Studio Denn with dubious intention, before that what I said was "the script and storytelling is so incompetent", and KonW is the one said bigger budget, implying better animation/arts would help the show, which I strongly disagreeing with.

StevePen387 said:

and you made the assumption this was a Chinese anime.
when this was Japanese made
Even though you thought this was a Chinese made anime
Once you are told it is not a Chinese animation
He reminded you that this isn't a Chinese animation

IT IS A CHINESE ANIMATION. Did you even look it up before you watched it? Do you even understand the difference between PRODUCED and MADE? It's a Chinese source material, it is produced by Chinese, who hired a Japanese studio to draw the animation for them, it has two languages available, but it's the Chinese who's calling the shoots, so it's a CHINESE ANIMATION, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANIMATION QUALITY. Got it?

StevePen387 said:
YOU again implied he was a "Chinese youngster" for thinking a higher budget would matter, AGAIN implying that you thought this was a Chinese produced anime, and AGAIN implying you believed KonK was just a "Chinese youngster"

That was never my intention. All I try to say it's that it's navie for KonW to say bigger budget would help the show when the story, which is the foundation for the arts and animation to build on, is written with such incompetency and lack of cohesion, which happened to sound like the many Chinese teenagers that I know of who know nothing about the basic of storytelling, who just want to see beautiful arts and animation, who is so narrow-minded and short-sighted, and properly never saw a foreign production that is actually good. So if it made you think I have the prejudice against you, I'm sorry, the wording is strong but my point still stand. Budget matters little in this Chinese animation.

StevePen387 said:
I felt the need to write this to explain this argument to everyone who does not even understand why you are arguing with KonK, as well to explain it to you because you still didn't seem to get it.

That isn't so difficult to understand. I first implied that the show isn't impressive. Then KnoW said that all it needed is a bigger budget, which I disagree and accompanied with some strong words which he said the script is fine and it's just a matter of opinion and he also said "I dont even know how do you managed to review them without even understanding the lines(no subs yet), which I pointed out he would have known I know the language thus understand the story pretty well if he just paid attention to what I had posted. And then he keep bringing up that I missed the point somehow. You know it's already clear that it isn't worth continuing on because we have a totally different understanding of what good storytelling is, he thinks being original, faithful to the source material (which I don't know) and not doing what other's doing is considered good, but how about it actually doing something good? With clear, impressive character introductions, setting up the tone without unnecessary slap-stick moments, dialogue that actually match the time period and reflect characters' personalities and not over-saturated with tiring, irritating Chinese Internet memes, and expositions that are adequately blended into the story that don't yell "It's exposition time!", here I made my point, but sadly KnoW is being evasive saying that "its your personal opinion", fine, what isn't a personal opinion? And you know what, I probably have read enough similar materials to know that even the premise and the execution isn't that original when you compared to to its other competitors in the same field, so it really is a matter of opinion just like KnoW said, and it was abundantly clear.

StevePen387 said:
Chinese people as a whole even when this was Japanese made to begin with and no reason to attack or insult Chinese people/anime to begin with.

I CAN because I'm Chinese. Deal with that. We Chinese secretly love insulting each other.

StevePen387 said:

making fun of Deen, saying "Well if you know anything Deen sucks based on past anime etc. etc.",

Oh my god you and KnoW it's like two different kind of beasts, KnoW is only being unaware of what I said but you completely made up those words and shove them down my throat. First said I brought up the bad animation and now accusing me saying Studio Deen is bad.

First, Studio Deen's first and only appearance in my post is the one after KonW's third response to my previous posts, and I quote my own words "So what? How does it matter if this is animated by Studio Deen", " The show does nothing exceptional, and even very bad when you compare it to other works that the same studio done before", which is a response to KonW's dubious attempt to convince me that because it's Studio Deen so I should take that into account because? It could have been animated by MADHOUSE or Kyoani and I would still ask the same question.

Second, I rarely watched anything made by Studio Deen or being aware of it usually and don't have a strong impression so I don't have a bias towards the studio, and I can't say and I NEVER SAID IT IS A BAD ANIME STUDIO, the animation of this particular show is bad, KnoW thinks that also, which I'M NOT THE ONE WHO FIRST MADE THIS POINT.

Third, if it's all about the show is a not a Chinese animation, then I already made my statements.

StevePen387 said:

implying yet again that KonK and anyone who thinks Deen doesn't suck is a fool or uninformed
anyone who doesn't know this is stupid

SERIOUSLY, GO TO HELL. I have no patient to talk to someone who would just twist my words so horrendously. I don't know it's because you are a horrible person or just someone who is really bad at reading, or thinking, who can't stop overusing the word "implying" when the fact is right in front of your eyes.

StevePen387 said:
You also went on to imply that this anime story sucks

NO, I do think the story of this particular animation is bad. You know it and you said it. Why use the word "imply" again? You just can't stop, can you?

StevePen387 said:
stating that because the story sucks Deen would not spend much effort on this anime with their other 2 anime in the works.

I'm just speculating, one doesn't stop himself from thinking why is there a huge difference in animation quality between all those anime/animation, and why specifically this one?

StevePen387 said:
First you say that all Studio Deen anime has shit quality
So you contradict yourself by saying at first all Deen anime have bad quality

Again, only this one, not ALL. *SIGH*

StevePen387 said:
why do I, KonK(And many others) believe the story is decent and definitely not terrible like you say?

Because it's your personal opinions, just like mine is mine, if you really think that way and don't want to be challenged then so be it.

StevePen387 said:
why does it rate above 7?(Which I see as the cut-off point for slightly above average in terms of Japanese full length anime-24 mins)

You think using the MAL score that vaguely reflects any kind of dubious consensus of those watched the show and somehow become a fair, reasonable argument against my statements and add some credibility, don't you? You know what, just like you think 7 is the cut-off point is your personal opinion, MAL score means nothing to me. And the funniest thing is, at this point you still think I think all anime made by Studio Deen sucks, two whole paragraphs constructed on a prejudice, false observation or assumption. Hilarious.

StevePen387 said:
KonK responded by saying its just budget and showed you some high quality Chinese animation just to inform you that Chinese animation can still be high quality.

Do you really want to know why I didn't address those two examples KnoW provided? Because one of them, just like many independently made Chinese animation, is nothing stellar just like the rest of them, and the other one seems like having a bigger budget, is till unpleasant to look at, I don't think I have to bring the best animation quality from all over the world to shadow their existence, but KonW's arguments are either inadequate or weak. But I do appreciate the one about Jiang Ziya, it is uniquely Chinese and I would like to watch it when it released.

StevePen387 said:
you seem to get nasty and continue to be insulting,

Confirmed. Not agreeing with you=insulting. Just another day on MAL.

Maybe next time you should start trying to read my posts instead of "implying" everything.
raveninthemuddleJan 18, 2016 11:32 PM
Jan 18, 2016 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
Mirorin said:

raveninthemuddle said:

Qin's Moon, S3+ yo.

China does have some good animated series, except they're exclusively domestic and probably will never get licensed outside of the country (like most everything produced in mainland China). Nobody even knows about them so you can't find them in English on Google, and in fact MAL only has a very small portion of Chinese series listed thanks only to a diligent club. Also, why would China need to develop an industry meant primary for youth/children when they can mooch profits off (bootleg) existing anime series in Japan? China wouldn't be able to compete with the popularity of Japan's anime industry either. (They're developing their economy, so the entertainment industry is obviously not a priority, especially this niche.)

We have been "expanding" and "developing" our own animation industry since the beginning of this century under a heavy censorship and protection and also supported by the Chinese government, we have been making more animations than the Japanese made in a single year. It's not a problem of our economic availability or desire to gain some reputation in the international animation market, it's the fact that it's already a huge industry (at least by numbers), but not achieving more than what we'd already done 50 to 40 years ago.
raveninthemuddleJan 18, 2016 8:38 PM
Jan 18, 2016 10:44 PM

Jun 2013
fail comedy thats gonna turn toward more action later?
Jan 19, 2016 2:57 AM

Jul 2011

Well imo the reason for the lack of progress is likely because there's a lack of an international market. Of course China has a large population; but animated Chinese series are not an export (which runs its economy)... keeping a industry domestic will not allow it to expand. No supply without demand, after all. I would love to see more Chinese series, except that they're completely inaccessible. :(

Also, the creativity is rather lacking when it's domestic. This series has already started off rather generically. :O
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Source novel

zxcvb321 - Mar 21

0 by zxcvb321 »»
Mar 21, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

18 by abc123fml »»
Oct 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

20 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 6:27 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

16 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 6:01 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

18 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.