Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They should of gave that blonde sword girl more screen time. She had a slightly cool vibe.

This show's comedy is so dry that it's hardly funny at times. The finale didn't work quite well either. The plus side about the series is that I do kinda like Oubu as a character. Maybe it's because she has an amusing personality. Otherwise, thought the show was pretty dull. Oh and it seems that the series is getting a season 2.
Mar 25, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
The ending is a bit disappointing.
It's an open ending but a second season seems questionable for the time being.
Makes me wonder how long it will take.
Mar 25, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
i can't remember where on the WN did the anime stop, MTL is kinda hard

but a season 2 is always welcomed, might backtrack on the WN

7/10 for the season
Apr 4, 2016 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
I watched the last three episodes with Chinese dub. I can understand about 80% of the story, just that I can't understand all the technical terms, and their jokes.

It's pretty good in my opinion. I enjoy their jokes, and also their training. 8/10. Will watch S2. Ouriku will return to his town next season. So we will finally be able to find out Ouriku's past.

That blush near the end though...
tetrix1993Apr 4, 2016 1:57 PM
Apr 15, 2016 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
The first episode was a bit weird and can be baffling, then Reikenzen becomes really enjoyable. Oriku is funny and all the story about the successor is interesting. It was a good anime, I'm looking forward for the second part.
May 6, 2016 1:00 PM
Oct 2012
WTF..... it has been months and we still don't have the last episode subbed....
May 9, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
jaxjaxk said:
WTF..... it has been months and we still don't have the last episode subbed....

We have it already..
May 9, 2016 7:25 PM

May 2013
finally.

gave 7/10. art and animation extremely became bad in the last episodes, the story progress also became fast.

I just liked the character in this anime so I watching till end. Maybe they should give Kaiunho more time in last episode. Loved him and curious how he grow on different clan.
May 14, 2016 3:04 AM

Feb 2013
I would like a second season please.

8/10 for me
May 15, 2016 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
Finally! I finished Reikenzen after a long delay. I hope someone picks this up to sub Season 2.

Holy crap! They turned that donkey guy into a burger. LOL

That trash called Ouchou is back. Um...WTF? Why the hell is Ouchu and the other dude blushing? That looks very suspect.

Rei returns! :) Hoping for more Ouriku x Rei scenes next season.

Would be an 8, but Rei bumped it up to 9/10.
RobMay 15, 2016 10:40 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 17, 2016 3:59 PM
Nov 2010
Definitely an interesting way to run a story, I'm looking forward to the next season.
May 29, 2016 5:33 PM

Jun 2013
This was boring. It started out slow and got interesting along the way but towards the end it was disappointing. The plot is nice but too many things are going on that weren't explained properly. I liked the humor in the beginning but they overused it to the point where it became so redundant and bland. This is a major flaw according to me that I hope they fix in S2.

As for the characters, I think Oriku is pretty cool so was Kaiunho. I found Obu's personality to be quite annoying and obnoxious for a main character. I don't know if she has a bigger role in the Chinese manga but most of the time she felt like a lame side character. Even the conversations between Oriku and Obu were so meaningless except when they talk about cultivations which was just boring. I don't even know why the creators are implying something romantic between them in the OP and ED when they hardly interact with each other.

Hopefully S2 can turn this around. 6/10
Jun 1, 2016 10:07 PM

Nov 2015
Such a waste of time! Hopefully season 2 is good.
4/10

Jun 21, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
Was thinking of putting this into my drop list, but then OH, it already ends when I notice.
Even if there is a second season, I won't be watching it...
I wish they would do an adaptation of some of the more popular Xianxia like Coiling Dragon.
4/10
Jul 28, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
This is "my kind of show" but I am disappointed with how it went. I actually enjoyed it but it was still lacking in several areas. Also that ending.. they should have at lease given it a more proper ending fit for a season finale even if they're going to release a 2nd season.

But anyway, I'm still looking forward to the 2nd season. Hopefully it'll turn out better~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 3, 2017 10:48 PM

Nov 2010
Just looking at the theme song, once again, there were a lot of characters that I would've liked to have gotten to know more. Of course, this was only a twelve episode sort of season and there was a lot of story to choose from. Because I know that there is a second season I'm only thinking about character development. We know that Oriku has been super OP throughout the entire season. There were a lot of great times in this anime that were cliched but I still enjoyed it. HAHAHA. Also, there were so many sex references---BAHAHAHA. He threw the sandwich so weirdly!

OMG. TWINS? They are so cute. OH, KAIIIIIIII. HAHAH. Oriku called those twins his fans.

HAHAHA. Aya-nee-chan has a new disciple. YAY. She's so cute. I wonder if she taught Bunho anything. Man. Oriku continues to get stronger and stronger.

Man, the guy looks like he's just got a huge question mark on his forehead, man.

Dang, Oriku. Better be careful not to piss off any sort of deities. AWWW. The elders and disciples are separating. HAHA. That's so cute. I'm guessing that the second season will be the squad's adventures in ---Shushin looks so different. He looks so moe. He's offering his help to Ochu again. Wh--What's with that blush, man? They're going to Soukenshuu?

I'm excited. Kai is reunited with Oriku again and I'm excited to see the powers of Kai after all of this time. Whelp. I've got a couple of days before the second season starts so I didn't really have to wait that long. HAHA. I'm down for this, man.
Jan 11, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
Rob19MAL said:
That trash called Ouchou is back. Um...WTF? Why the hell is Ouchu and the other dude blushing? That looks very suspect.

Well, imagine if Shushin was a beautiful woman who said "I'll help you forget about her". I think this means they're lovers.
Or, if you don't want to think about it, think that they're planning to have a wild party once they're out of the monastic life of the cult headquarters, with wine and women.
Aug 10, 2017 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
Chef was c*ck after all. LEMAOW
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Nov 26, 2017 2:27 PM

Oct 2015
That sword Oubu gave to ouriku was really amazing, looks like the second season is promising than this one. This one lacked everything the humor, action, drama or the cool magic. Oubu even though she was suppose to be this spontaneous fun goddess with great humor, she flawed at that badly making this show a bit boring. The plot was not there, all I got was this blonde guy who I never got a clue what was his purpose for cultivation.

I will think about season 2 but this one is a 6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 11, 2018 8:45 PM

Jun 2011
Wtf was that Ocho / Shushin blush lol

This is one of my favorite wuxia manhua so I was delighted to hear that it's been animated. Pretty underwhelming adaptation with questionable voice acting (especially Oubu, surprised to learn that it's the same voice actress as Robin) Pacing was all over the place and it's hard to follow sometimes without having read the manhua first.

Still, am glad it got adapted. Was hoping it would include the tournament arc though which I remember I enjoyed quite a bit.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2022 6:27 AM

May 2020
It's like training camp? time to second season. Open ending and well just full of conversation. As a comedy this is too boring but the story a bit okay.

More topics from this board

» Source novel

zxcvb321 - Mar 21

0 by zxcvb321 »»
Mar 21, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

18 by abc123fml »»
Oct 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

16 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 6:01 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

18 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 5:35 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

11 by sharosharo »»
Feb 28, 2022 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.