Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2015 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The suffering continues~

Felt more like a battle of interpersonal struggle for Ikki this episode in the first half. However the way they directed this also shows that he has hope. Lol, the theme song. Every finale needs to play it twice

They managed to squeeze in the action into second half. GG Touka. Yeah, the fight was fast as hell lol

The embrace though.

Mod Edit: One screenshot per post as stated here.
shawnofthedeadzJan 4, 2016 4:02 PM
Dec 19, 2015 6:27 AM

Nov 2015
Ikki wins lol

Now seriously, I liked the way the made Ittou Rasetsu look like the opening, I didn't expect that. Good finale, but it obvious this isn't getting a second season because they removed Alice's involvement with Akatsuki. Well, it was good while it lasted. Nice episode.
Dec 19, 2015 6:28 AM

Mar 2012

You are not alone now Ikki. There are people that are waiting for you.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 19, 2015 6:29 AM

Nov 2014
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1450535182888.jpg

last Ed card

proposal is better in the anime than the LN ^_^

@_@ that booty

5/5

2nd season when? but i think it will think it will take a long time before that

8/10 for the whole season
Dec 19, 2015 6:30 AM

Nov 2013
Well...
That was a quite well ride.
Looks like Director-kun were having fun with any style he could think of in the fight scene that the story becomes so rushed that even their own way of ending the show doesn't look good. Gosh, even they need to use a lot of OP and ED-piano soundtrack in this episode.

conclusion : 7-/10 show
GethemalotDec 19, 2015 6:34 AM
Dec 19, 2015 6:31 AM
Dec 2011
InvictusRes said:
Now seriously, I liked the way the made Ittou Rasetsu look like the opening, I didn't expect that. Good finale, but it obvious this isn't getting a second season because they removed Alice's involvement with Akatsuki. Well, it was good while it lasted. Nice episode.

Putting the scene with Akatsuki doesn't seem appropriate, I'd say it will be in the next season if there will be.

It was nice that in the anime the proposal was done in front of everyone.
Dec 19, 2015 7:39 AM

Aug 2015
I wanted the fight to be longer to be honest. After seeing Ikki's sister fight against Touka I was expecting this fight to surpass that one, but it was good to see Ikki win after all the shit he went through. Hoping this gets a second season.
Dec 19, 2015 7:58 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about this anime overall:

What a fierce battle between Touka and Ikki. I hope she's just okay.
Also, damn that's a quick fight. And Ikki is not alone now he got friends and her girlfriend Stella.
And I'm really gonna miss this anime, I hope their will be a sequel!. Anyway I'll rate this anime a 8 (or 9) score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 19, 2015 8:30 AM

May 2009
Another perfect endcard
Dec 19, 2015 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
Well, that was an interesting finale. Honestly, my expectations for it were pretty low, not because the show is bad, but because episodes 10 & 11 were really good and I honestly didn't think it could top them. I was right, unfortunately, it didn't top them, but it also was a lot better than I imagined it would be. 7/10 for this episode, it tied everything up nicely.

The "you have to win because the power of friendship" ending was pretty cliché, but eh, Ikki deserved it after all the hard work he put in, so I can buy it.

The proposal to Stella caught me off-guard... this has got to be the fastest a relationship has ever progressed in anime. Good on ya Ikki, way to put a ring on it ;P

Well, now that I've seen the finale, I think I can confidently say that I do hope this show gets another season for being one of the better battle-academy shows. It was a really fun ride, the characters were fun, the romance was great, the fights were amazing, and the art and styling was fantastic imo. This show started out at like a 4/10 for me and has made it all the way to 8/10, I can't think of another show that improved that much over a season for me. I still hate most of the ecchi moments and the script was kind of weak at times, but that's stuff that can be worked on if another season manages to happen.

Time to go update my review for the finale, it's been a pleasure!

Overall Score: 8/10

Link to my full Season Review for those interested.
RealityRushDec 19, 2015 9:53 AM
Dec 19, 2015 10:08 AM

Dec 2014
Oonuma Shin for that Ittou Rasetsu I give 10/10. I admit I would not be able to think of a way to present it even as half as good this, handss down.
GradationAirDec 19, 2015 10:50 AM
Dec 19, 2015 10:24 AM
Nov 2013
9/10 finally i can say it SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT! (can we even have a season 2? This was apparently pretty rushed.) Really enjoyed ikki and stella relationship compared to alot of anime couples and the fight scenes were fantastic. This was a enjoyable ride loved every bit of it XD
Dec 19, 2015 10:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
woah an actual proposal? dang
Dec 19, 2015 10:40 AM
Sep 2012
This definitely needs a season 2. Well, we'll see how the BD/DVD sales are.
Dec 19, 2015 10:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Was hoping that the final fight would have been longer but oh well....It looked great and you could feel the intensity in that one clash of blades

Overall the ending was really really great and man that confession at the end followed by seeing Shizuku and Stella argue about these engagement rules plus Ikki being named captain made me smile

This series was just amazing from beginning to end and it surprised me by how good it was while showing that Silver Link really can make great series

Top 5 of the season (Excluding sequels and summer leftovers) for me....Solid 9/10....I need S2 like yesterday please
TokoyaDec 19, 2015 10:51 AM
Dec 19, 2015 10:50 AM
Nov 2015
Wow really, this and asterisk both have really dissapointing final fight. I was expecting way longer and much epic fight from silver link :(

The proposal at the end sort of made up for it tho.
StupidityKillerDec 19, 2015 10:57 AM
Dec 19, 2015 10:53 AM

Oct 2015
I'll be honest. I was extremely afraid that the conclusion to Ikki vs. Touka was going to come off as an asspull. However, the way SL animated Ittou Rassetsu was perfect (and gruesome >_<). The only thing I wished to see was the actual collision between Ittou Rassetsu and Raikiri.

The only negative I have with this episode was that the piano version of the OP was used twice. Shows reuse tracks all the time, but to use the same track in one episode is not good.

The proposal in front of the entire arena was really unexpected, but also made me very happy. That takes a lot of balls to propose not just in front of the entire crowd, but also on national television.

Overall, 7.5/10 for the episode. I had to deduct the score because of the repeated use of the piano OP.
Dec 19, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
Despite the asspull in episode 11, and the shortness of the final fight, I really enjoyed this series. It's one of my top 3 of the season—along with The Perfect Insider and Valkyrie Drive. Stella and Ikki had a great chemistry. Generally, the fight scenes were well done. And I loved the soundtrack. The EP by Ali Project was especially nice.

6/10 overall
Dec 19, 2015 11:01 AM

Mar 2012
Ah I want a season 2 so that I can see Edel animated.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 19, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
A short but satisfying fight
Hi there
Dec 19, 2015 11:07 AM
Apr 2014
For me this was just another one of those soulless mass produced LN magical high school clones adaptation that left nothing interesting or memorable with it's story and characters.
2/10, for the entertaining fights and animation.
Dec 19, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2008
Best anime of its genre. 10/10
Dec 19, 2015 11:12 AM
Jul 2012
I'll give it a 9/10 it was a breathe of fresh air compared to so many other series of it's type. I love how it still managed to be unique minus the overused character type and setting.

Hopefully this manages to get a second season.
Dec 19, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Ah I want a season 2 so that I can see Edel animated.

Dec 19, 2015 11:15 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First half was nice for some Ikki development. Lol, that fight was short, and the OP was overused, still great episode though.

For this episode: 5/5
For this series: 8/10

P.S. I'll laugh my ass off if it gets a second season during spring, with Gakusen, and both airing on the same days.
Dec 19, 2015 11:17 AM

May 2014
Interesting, beautiful, yet sad finale. Loved the way that they made battle between Ikki and Todou short. Since, Ikki wont be able to keep up with his exhausted body if battle prolongs. Ending was quite satisfying too. Overall, it was a great ride, really loved how it ended.

Grade - B (7.1/10)
NoctisDec 24, 2015 6:32 AM
Dec 19, 2015 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
So Ikki's final fight of the series managed to be just as boring as his other major fights. He's heavily damaged/handicapped, one-shot the opponent, done. Ikki is now One Slash Man. I wasn't really expecting the fight to be very long in the first place since it didn't start until about halfway through the episode but still, it was about the same as his other fights. I'm still amazed that the best fight of the series didn't even have Ikki in it. Nice use of the OP in the climactic battle though, you can't have a climactic battle without the OP playing in the background.

Overall, this wasn't terrible, but I didn't love it. I'll give it a 5/10 for now, but that could change to a 4 later. Idk though.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 19, 2015 11:25 AM
Aug 2015
A really nice finale and the proposal scene was pretty good. (I hope there will be a second season.)
Dec 19, 2015 11:26 AM

Oct 2015
Ikki splitting into two as he's walking to the school was a pretty nice touch. I also liked how Ikki transitioned from grayscale to color when Stella's flame encouraged him to keep going.

The way Itou Rasetsu was really cool. The way he literally sucks his life out into one single swing was intense. And the proposal was awesome. I can't think of another show of the battle academy genre that ever went that route.

8/10 for both the episode and show.
Dec 19, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
So Ikki's final fight of the series managed to be just as boring as his other major fights. He's heavily damaged/handicapped, one-shot the opponent, done. Ikki is now One Slash Man.

To be fair, Silver Link probably wouldn't even have had the budget to make every single fight as beautiful as Ayase's fight or Shizuku's. They did the best with what the LN gave them for that last fight, and I think they had a fairly good show of it. Even if it wasn't the final episode, this show had one of the best fight scenes of 2015, which is admirable.

It also wouldn't have made any sense for Ikki to have an extended fight against Touka in his state, it would have just seemed like a huge ass-pull. So while I agree it was underwhelming, it was still a far better episode than what it could have been (and I was expecting it to be bad tbh).
Dec 19, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Seriously Episode 11 was terrible but this episode saved it a bit.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Dec 19, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
Great series - I loved the romance and romantic development in particular. Will pick up the light novel volumes and relatively soon.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 19, 2015 11:36 AM

Feb 2015

The ending was very sweet. I liked it. These 2 should get married already. I like how they don't care about doing all that in front of a large audience.

Mod Edit: One screenshot per post as stated here.
shawnofthedeadzJan 4, 2016 3:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
HAHA! Take that otousan.

Good ending. Season 2 please.
ZapredonDec 19, 2015 8:19 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 19, 2015 11:47 AM
Oct 2015
I don't get why people are complaining it is " formula" almost all anime is and I think chivelry got everything right, the main character is likable and strong but still messed up by his past trauma, the fights especially against the sword eater and the sister and toka !! And finally an anime that gets right to the point with the romance, instead of dragging things out he just mans up and is like " I like you " early and often :) I have a busy Saturday but I get up early to catch it on Hulu assp, I'm gonna miss it, with all the crap out there this better get a second season!! 10/10

Sry if it was long it's my first review
Dec 19, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
I would be proud of my son if he lacked talent(magic) and could still kick ass. What is father thinking o.O
Dec 19, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
That was probably the best OHKO sword exchange I've seen in recent memory if ever.

When they were implying that this battle will be a one hit exchange I was like meh and pretty disappointed since I loved seeing Toka's fighting style when she fought Shizuku but the way SL did it was amazing. The build up! The colors! The art! The VAing! Friggin perfect!! Felt the intensity in that hit. Bravo.

The way Stella just sent the fatso asshole flying was so damn satisfying. Followed by a proposal(?) and a kiss in public. SOO GOOOD.

Loved how Stella's dad called Ikki's who seems quite butthurt lol

8-8.5/10. Probably best magic school romance genre series yet. Let there be S2 PLZ

If I'm not counting S2s then it's definitely top 3 of the season.

Jan 2012
And so, against all odds Ikki bests Todo, gets Stella, and proves himself to all.

Well I'm not sure where to begin. Regarding this last arc...I felt various conflicting emotions, mostly negative. The BS Ikki had to endure for literally no reason besides his dad hated him(or whatever excuse they gave) made me rage. At the same time it felt soooo over the top that it was tough to take seriously. Like leaving me with a sense of....exasperation. Even knowing all the power his dad had I just couldn't believe this was allowed, like literally, my suspension of disbelief snapped. And I like to think I have a high tolerance for BS. Then the show justifies Todo going along with it anyway for some BS chivalry crap reason, and Ikki actually agrees with her! And my suspension of disbelief snapped again.

I think it's just a different moral code. Were it me, if I knew my opponent was effectively being tortured repeatedly I'd refuse to fight based on principle, integrity, fairness. And were I in Ikki's shoes I'd curse Todo for going along with this farce until the day I died, certainly not agree with/support her decision! But this show treats these feelings as the wrong choices, and ok fair enough, maybe I'm wrong. THEN, when they finally do clash, it's one strike. That's it. Mind you it's one intensely animated strike, and I understand Ikki's too exhausted to do anymore, but it's underwhelming. I almost think it's because the scene relies entirely on emotional investment that it falls flat, but that's not it. I still felt the anger and then happiness for Ikki. The emotion was there. Rather, by this point the BS that led to this moment felt soooo stupidly unbelievable I was ready for it to end, I was done. So maybe even if we got some epic 10 minute battle like 2 episodes ago I wouldn't have liked it either, I dunno.

So what did I like about this arc? Stella...with a caveat. Stella this arc was great. I did think having her second guess her relationship with Ikki last week was bad. It undermined their progress just a bit. Progress that I loved btw. I, like many, watched this together with Asterisk. I, also like many, noticed the glaring similarities. And I was assured by fans of the LN that this series would be different. Stella and Ikki would be the clear couple from fairly early on, with a blossoming relationship. That would set this apart from Asterisk as the superior series. And I can now say...they were right. I was worried during those middle 4 episodes where Stella took a back seat and Ikki saved Ayase. But thankfully Stella, and her relationship with Ikki, became more prominent again in the last 4 episodes.

But getting back to that caveat regarding episode 11 yeah. By that point it shouldn't have taken Shizuku to snap Stella out of her fit of doubt. If anything, Stella should have went to where Ikki was and torched his captors! :D And if she got in trouble, just elope! :D But yeah...that wasn't gonna happen. :D Seeing her knock out that fat sack of trash this week, and become engaged with Ikki, was good enough I suppose. :D Immensely satisfying really.

So moving on to general series impressions uh...yeah. This was good. Good, not great. Better than Asterisk certainly. The romance alone ensured that, but I found the art, animation, character designs and whatnot were all better. No one from Asterisk, not even Claudia, matched the beauty of these girls, especially Stella. And of course the ecchi goodness was much better here too. :D So, naturally, Asterisk is the one that gets the second season. :D Oh well, 7/10.

BTW, how great was this show's op?! Same guy who did the s-CRY-ed ending. I'm surprised I don't hear that guy more often, he's got a great voice. And the show knew it was a good song too. Even skipping the intro they managed to fit it into this last episode, twice! :D

Oct 2015
zKitsune said:
I would be proud of my son if he lacked talent(magic) and could still kick ass. What is father thinking o.O

It seemed at the end that the father was just trying to protect his son from getting involved in his affairs? At least it seemed that way to me.

Anyway I'm happy with this, although I would have perfered 24 episodes but eehhh.. Hard not to. Hope there will be a season 2, that would make me super happy ^~^

Dec 19, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
Goodjob Stella sending that axe wielding orc flying like it was nothing! Ahem, for a second I saw my idol Conrad "Kyou Kara Maoh" eyes on Ikki @17:38. hahaha What?Alice is watching Ikki's fight? O.O got impatient and I wikipedia'ed this anime looking for LN info ehehehe
Pyon2WarpKunDec 19, 2015 12:02 PM
Dec 19, 2015 11:56 AM

Oct 2012
Hoping for a season 2, but doubting it :(
Loved the fight, I got impatient after ep 11 and read the LN from that point to figure out how the fight went and the anime did a great job adapting the fight in my opinion.
Love how Akaza was denied by Stella, I liked that quite a bit xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 19, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Man that fight was fast as fck, it was beautifully and intensly animated so I guess its ok, but it had a a weak end like Asterisk. Honestly I want a second season, I'd rather have a second season of this than Asterisk and OPM combined lol.

That proposal tho.... and a kiss to seal the deal. Grandpa must be so proud you got yourself a hot future wife and beat Touka with 1 slash.
Dec 19, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
Good... SO GOOD... I enjoyed every single moment in each episode so far, that's why in my eyes this anime is 10/10.

And I Would really like to see Seven Star Battle Festival. SO PLEASE, MAKE ANOTHER SEASON!
Dec 19, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
Oh my. I loved this show. just hoped the final battle would be longer though.
Still a solid ep nonetheless. As usual.

That proposal though!
And that end card!

I really hope this gets second season!!
I will miss you, Rakudai. :(
Dec 19, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
wp. this anime deserves a second season. 10/10.
2nd season or we riot.
Dec 19, 2015 12:05 PM

Sep 2013
Kissing 30 times a day ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8/10 the dramatization is real XD but it was nicely executed.

The best fight :)

Dec 19, 2015 12:06 PM

Nov 2014
Well that was a good ending.

The series was pretty good, i'm not that fan of the setting, but in my opinion this managed to be interesting and refreshing.

I'd give this a 7-8/10.
error5000Dec 19, 2015 12:13 PM
Dec 19, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2015
The last episode was awesome! It showed us that in life there are people that turn it colorful and are always with us.

I give the whole anime a 10/10. I already knew this was going to be awesome from the moment I decided to read the LN!
Dec 19, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2015
Past 2 episodes were pretty damn good. I love the opening song, so I was pumped to hear it a ton during this episode. Would've liked Ikki's battle to be drawn out a little more, instead of just 1 swing to end it all.

Past 2 epsiodes are a 10, rest of the series is a of 7. Soo I'd say 8/10
Dec 19, 2015 12:18 PM
Oct 2010
Season 2 Please :D
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

194 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.