Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 16, 2015 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That dog Hector is awesome.

Looks like Minami and the others barely made it on time.
Her fear and anxiety really stood out this episode though. And oh boy, more ominous clues related to bones....

Sakurako was quite intimidating this episode but I think even she experienced a bit of fear. Damn, what a case.
Dec 16, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
In search of "Happy Ending"...
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 16, 2015 10:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn this episode was just tragic all around and man are these three girls beyond crazy
Dec 16, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
Well that was quite the tragic and gruesome reveal regarding the three girls. The Sphenoider eh? This Hanabusa sounds like a Batman villain. :D I had a feeling Sakurako-san might eventually run into someone who tried to attack her, but Shoutaro stepped up big. Of course next episode will involve him making sure Sakurako-san doesn't really cut ties with him I'd guess. Will we ever get a season 2 to take down our Batman villain?
Dec 16, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
Forced assisted suicide eh? Sounds traumatizing.

This episode was a lot darker compared to the others. Those shots of Futaba's and Sakurako's brother's dead bodies definitely didn't sit well.

Hopefully everything turns out well between Sakurako and Shoutarou in the finale.

Not really sure how old this man is but I have a feeling he might have looted Sakurako's brother's sphenoid as well.
ihusmal1234Dec 16, 2015 10:41 AM
Dec 16, 2015 10:46 AM

Nov 2012
Sakurako doesn't want Shoutarou involved in the case with Hanabusa because he doesn't want to see his bones.

With one episode left and the fact that Shoutarou is a main character we know he will be involved.

One episode left to sit through.
Dec 16, 2015 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
The three girls are really out of their minds.
Dec 16, 2015 11:25 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was interesting and also a bit disturbing.
Yet i have to say that manny of it sounds realistic.
Hanabusa's tactics or at least what he did to Minami is very similar to the brainwashing tactics that recruiters from criminal/terrorist organisations use.
They take someone who is fragile or easily influenced then they make them feel comfortable and after that they slowly to convince them for their cause.
This is a tactic often used to make people do bad things like theft, murder and even suicide bombings.
Read some stuff about it a while ago and noticed the similarity.

Sakurako realised this tho her way of bringing the news was a bit crude and Minami snapped.

In any case i hope will get some Kougami x Tatewaki time next week, now that he is in hospital it's a perfect moment for that.
Dec 16, 2015 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
Idk why I find the "Sphenoider" to be such a funny nickname. It sounds like some sort of cheesy comic book villain.

Anyway, lots of shit went down in this episode, and since I feel like this won't get a second season, everything is going to have to come to a perfectly wrapped up conclusion next week, even if it's rushed as hell.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Idk why I find the "Sphenoider" to be such a funny nickname. It sounds like some sort of cheesy comic book villain.

Anyway, lots of shit went down in this episode, and since I feel like this won't get a second season, everything is going to have to come to a perfectly wrapped up conclusion next week, even if it's rushed as hell.

I have to agree with you. I don't see this getting a second season and bet there will lots of loose ends but lets hope not.
Dec 16, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
I was really enjoying this until right at the end. It was dark, it was interesting and seemed to be doing something with the stabbing of Shoutarou. Of course, any tension from that was instantly cancelled out by showing him alive and well for no real reason. I usually hate cliffhangers of that sort, but it would have worked better here. Also, if this Hanabusa person (AKA the Sphenoider, which is a totally stupid villain name) already knows about Shoutarou and Sakurako, how is Sakurako breaking all contact with him going to protect him in any way.

Also, I know I've mentioned him a lot for once, but what actually is the point of Shoutarou's character? For a main character, he seems really unimportant and worthless.
Dec 16, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2015
As a teacher, i understand Isosaki's reaction, affortunally nothing similar happen to me.
A brillant episode, full of drama and disturbing rebelations.
Hanabusa is more grim than i can imagine. The process, the manipulation, all only for get the sphenoids. This guy is a very good villain for a serie like this.
Shoutaro's sacrifice i don't see come.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 16, 2015 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
Just one word for this episode : MADNESS
That broken relationship was really real. and obviously, that girl who died was being controled by the mastermind. but that ending though, i don't know what will happen in the last episode.

Can't wait for the final.
YizelTroDec 16, 2015 1:33 PM
Dec 16, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2013
really intrigued on how this will play out.

I'm hoping for no tragedies but I feel like someone is gonna die.
Dec 16, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
Probably one of the strongest episodes of the series. Much much better that the turgid Granny episode a couple of weeks back. Those girls were messed up, it's also strange how Sensei had such a strong connection to them.

Looking forward to the next episode. This series has been a mixed bag but it's finishing strongly.
Dec 16, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
This reminds me a lot of Ranpo Kitan in the sense of how they have tragic things happen on screen but don't give me any reason whatsoever to give a single fuck.
Dec 16, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
The best case ever! It was really very exciting! I can't wait for the last episode, next week... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 16, 2015 2:01 PM

May 2012
Wasn't really feeling this sobstory.
Dec 16, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2010
I agree this was the most intense and darkest episode yet. I wonder how everything will wrap up next week.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 16, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
This case is becoming my favourite because it balances out the detective/drama and doesn't whip out all these prerequisites that the viewer has to know to grasp the case. Have they mentioned who Hanabusa? as far as I know he's the painter that's been behind some of the previous cases but does Shoutarou even know who he is? I might have missed something
Dec 16, 2015 2:31 PM

Dec 2014
In my opinion it would've been better if they put Sakurako's life on the line instead of Shoutarou's, considering the former is basically the glue that keeps the show together. That and well, Shoutarou's pretty damn boring as a character.
Dec 16, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Best episode yet or what? That ending was intense as fuck. Can't wait for the finale!
Dec 16, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty intense episode. The last few minutes though....wow.
Dec 16, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
This story practically save the show from just being average. Brilliantly written.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Dec 16, 2015 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
Miserable....

The whole "I had to kill her or get killed myself" thing was just nonsense. Futaba and Hitoe were both outside. Hitoe could've easily ran away and guaranteed her hands would be left clean at least. Hell, Futaba might not have even killed herself at all if she was too afraid to do it herself (why else would she try to make her friend a murderer?). Don't give me any of that "she was scared and couldn't make proper decisions!" nonsense. Her not attempting to escape ignores the "flight" function of the reptilian brain. All of these twists and melodrama were dropped on us with the weight of an anvil, but the show forgot once again to do its emotional investment homework so fuck it.

Also even though she was right on the nose, Sakurako came off as a major bitch here (moreso than before). That teacher just found the remains of his beloved student so could you please not use it to prod at his other (emotionally traumatized) students? There's a difference between being ignorant to emotions and sentiment of others and being outright sadistic. And then there was that cliche farewell scene to top it off

Also do I need to say anything about the fucking Sphenoider?
Dec 16, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2015
This episode was pretty strong. Mixed with a lot of things. One of the best episodes. Hoping that the final episode will be just as good.

Dec 16, 2015 5:39 PM

Jun 2013
bitch should have died instead of that poor dog
Hector was like what the fuck are they on about just look at him lol
Dec 16, 2015 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
I got reminded of the old bad-horror-film cliche of "Let's split up and find out what is going on" when Sakurako told Shoutaro to stay away from her. That means that the Mad Killer will go after one of them and the other one will have to be the Cavalry Riding to the Rescue at the last moment.

And when it was mentioned that the Mad Killer has no body hair I immediately got a mental image of Saitama from One Punch Man...

Oh well, only one episode left.
Dec 16, 2015 6:49 PM

Sep 2013
Just one episode left, I hope the last episode is show the "Hanabusa guys"
Dec 16, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2014
I was actually pretty sad at that episode ending.. didn't see that coming..
Dec 16, 2015 7:02 PM

Feb 2015
what an episode. Probably my favorite show this season. I hope for a 2nd season.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Dec 16, 2015 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
So I skipped watching episode 10 since it was a part 1 episode..

Now that I watch both of them, so the butterfly guy is the main villain... okay...

Then I see dramas and some people crying. Then some dramas. Then another dramas and then a dramatic stab to Shoutarou that is resolved 1 minute later. I thought this was a mystery anime? It kind of felt like drama, though I don't really hate it, just kind of misleading.

Also are all the young ones in love with older people? Seriously.

The boy and Sakurako-san
That cute girl and the crying sensei
That crazy screwdriver girl with the angel
And so on.

Dec 16, 2015 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
Well, we saw two crazy bitches.
Thing gets even more interesting.
Shoutarou...got stab, but Sakurako called her brother name on Shoutarou...
Dec 16, 2015 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was a really interesting episode.

For some reason I found sensei crying to be over dramatic and wierd in a way.

Didn't see that stab coming, Everyone in this case seems to be mentally unstable xD

Wonder if Sakurako will go after Hanabusa or is the next episode just gonna be Shoutarou trying to stay with her.
Dec 16, 2015 8:35 PM

Oct 2014
Depending on the last episode this might contend with Death Parade for show of the year, what a brilliantly chilling episode. Excellently well done series, even if some things are a bit predictable the ride it takes you on to get there certainly is not, the brilliant twists bringing you along and the stellar execution of even what you find inevitable are so wonderfully well executed its almost like you didn't expected at all. Really want a season 2 and to start reading this series after.
Dec 16, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2011
OMG this episode 0___0
Dec 16, 2015 9:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, at least it was definitly better than the majority of this serie.
Still not great but it was entertaining.
Let's see how that ending go tho.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 16, 2015 10:30 PM
Mar 2015
So why is everyone calling him Shoutarou? I thought his name was Soutarou and Sakurako just calls him Shoutarou either because she doesn't want to say his name or its the name of the mysterious little boy that was apparently close to her.

Also can anyone answer the question as to why she won't call him by his name? He seemed to understand when he said "so that's why you won't call me by my name" and Saurako said something along the lines of "that's right", right at the end there. But idk if the viewer was supposed to understand at that point or if that was supposed to be part of the cliffhanger for the next episode. Any reply/ discussion would be great.
Dec 16, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
That was actually a pretty decent episode, but with one episode left I kind of doubt they will catch Hanabusa.
Dec 16, 2015 11:14 PM

May 2010
-Claymore- said:
So why is everyone calling him Shoutarou? I thought his name was Soutarou and Sakurako just calls him Shoutarou either because she doesn't want to say his name or its the name of the mysterious little boy that was apparently close to her.
His name is Shoutarou. Sakurako-san's brother's name is "Soutarou".
Dec 17, 2015 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
Come on, show. We all know they'll be reunited in the last episode. Fake drama.
Dec 17, 2015 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
what an episode!
i thought it'd be a cliffhanger after she stabbed, that'd be a good cliffhanger tbh but really awesome episode!
this episode totally screams "there is no true friendship" and i totally agree with it.
Dec 17, 2015 3:12 AM

May 2010
Very interesting episode. Futaba wanted to suicide personally so I don't know how to feel about Hitoe for the assist. I don't hate her, I just feel disgusted. Stuff like this makes me wonder who is the worst. Imo its Futaba. Good thing she is dead. After that, Hitoe and Minami are both equally dislikable. They are all humane though, this is what the show is great at.

And I still don't give a damn about Shoutarou. Sensei is a little too emotional about his students, he has some minor mental issues. Poor guy.

-Claymore- said:

Because it's his name? And that mysterious little boy was Sakurako's brother, and his name is Soutarou.
TragicRomanceDec 17, 2015 3:16 AM
Dec 17, 2015 4:39 AM
Aug 2013
I've got a feeling Sakurako was once a victim of the Butterfly Guy/Hanabusa/Sphenoider. She is clearly getting more and more unhinged as she draws closer to him and seems to have a personal vendetta with him. In this episode she says something like he manipulates people into killing his targets so he can collect the bones without doing the dirty work. The way I see it, she wouldn't know that without having dealt with him before because all the witnesses would be dead or would have sworn loyalty to him like Minami.

If this is the case, then I think Sakurako may have been manipulated by him in the past and loses her brother to him or he has stolen her brother's Sphenoid bone after Sakurako accidentally kills her brother.

Also if you look at the Ending on Youtube, at about 1:08 into the ending, 2 Kanji characters (Assuming it's Kanji) suddenly appear directly on her back where Minami had her butterfly carved. I personally think she has a butterfly on her back after being manipulated by him.
Dec 17, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
Hmmmm, i thought Shoutarou died... That was disappointing.... >:D

They will reconcile at the finale... Just a wild guess... :)
Dec 17, 2015 5:21 AM

Feb 2014
Shit got real in this episode, easily the best of this show.

So this Hanabusa guy is the main culprit, not only in this case, but in the previous cases as well. Like others here, I do have a slight feeling that Sakurako herself might've been manipulated by him in the past.

It was painful to watch Minami's and Hitoe's breakdown at times. Starting with the three girls living in their peaceful haven as a means to escape the pain of their everyday lives, mainly because they didn't really fit in with their family anymore. So it made it depressing that Futuba wanted to commit suicide and Hitoe assisted in doing so.

Disagreeing with Gedata here, a completely normal person in this situation would reject Futuba's idea and get her immediate help before it's too late. For Hitoe, she's far from a normal person, with her fragile state of mind possibly affecting her choice in this scenario and assisted in Futuba's suicide rather than doing the obvious choice. Some things are MUCH easier said than done, especially if the person in question isn't his or her normal self.

Shoutarou was brave though, getting in the way of Sakurako so she wouldn't get stabbed. However, her choice to cut ties with him is only going to play into Hanabusa's hands. Hopefully, she'll realise this before it's too late.
Dec 17, 2015 5:26 AM
Dec 2012
Arcturus9001 said:
Depending on the last episode this might contend with Death Parade for show of the year, what a brilliantly chilling episode. Excellently well done series, even if some things are a bit predictable the ride it takes you on to get there certainly is not, the brilliant twists bringing you along and the stellar execution of even what you find inevitable are so wonderfully well executed its almost like you didn't expected at all. Really want a season 2 and to start reading this series after.
Are you serious? I'm afraid of what type of shows they're airing thesebdays if shitshows like Sakurako are consided best of the year material.
The twists are garbage. They're just making it up along the way.

last episode: Sakurako is in trouble and her fiance saves her (hopefully not next season)?
Dec 17, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
Wow this was such a incredible episode filled with suspense, tragedy and just so much that kept me literally on the edge of my seat the whole time. I really feel sorry for all of them, like I can see how they all would turn out crazy like this after what has happened to them like just wow. The eyes of everyone really hit me in this episode because they all just looked crazy and scary and really just had me thinking at any moment they are all gonna kill each other. But damn finally everything is connecting with Hanabusa and the ending of this episode man, I wonder what will happen with Sakurako and Shoutarou...AHHH I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!!! lol :P

Mod edit:
Youtube link removed for advertising.
AversaDec 17, 2015 1:08 PM
Dec 17, 2015 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
Hector is true a dog that white shine always gets me. Still sad how she tries to abandoned sou taro. Crazy episode altogether
Dec 17, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Some rather fucked up friendship indeed. Wasn't expecting this. At least they connected the mystery painter to the story, I wonder, whether he will make his move or not.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.