Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2015 11:28 AM

Mar 2013
Here is a collection of promotional videos (PVs), TV ads (CMs), and trailers for the last week. This thread excludes videos that have already been featured in an article. Please check the News Board, under the Preview tag, for articles that feature a promotional video. Last week's PV thread can be found here.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season | TV | PV
The new video previews the second cours of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, which is scheduled to broadcast on January 12.

Chain Chronicle: Hekuseitasu no Hikari | TV | PV
Chain Chronicle: Hekuseitasu no Hikari is a TV anime adaptation of the mobile game Chain Chronicle. The series previously received a short introductory OVA. Takeshi Mori will reprise his role as director, and the series is expected to air in 2016.

Dagashi Kashi | TV | PV
Dagashi Kashi is based on the manga by Kotoyama and centers around a rural sweet shop. The new video reveals a broadcast date of January 7.

Elsword, Closers, Aripel | TV | PV
First released in 2007, Elsword tells of a world named Elrios, which is given life by a magical gem called the El Stone. The characters go on a quest to find and return the El Stone. The series will be adapted into 12 episode by DR Movie Animation Entertainment.

Opening in 2014, Closers are psycho-kinetically powered high school students who protect the world of Seoul, which is being rebuilt by the threat of monsters attacking. The series is an 11-episode adaptation by animation studio ANIMAL.

Arpiel is an animal-themed world. It features characters from a high school who are attempting save the world. REDDOG Culture House is listed to be the animation studio.

Each animation project is inspired by Korean massive multi-player online games.

Divine Gate | TV | PV
Divine Gate is a TV anime adaptation of a smartphone game. The story revolves around a gate that has opened and is connected to different dimensions. The new video previews the opening song "one-Me two-Hearts" by Hitorie and reveals the broadcast date of January 8.

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season | TV | CM
The new video previews the second cours of Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, which is scheduled to air on January 9.

High☆Speed!: Free! Starting Days | Movie | PV
The new promotional video focuses on the series' entire cast.

Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu-hen | Movie | CM
The TV ad features the character Tsubasa Hanakawa, who is one of the main characters in the upcoming movie.

Kono Danshi, Mahou ga Oshigoto Desu. | TV | PV
Kono Danshi, Mahou ga Oshigoto Desu. is the fourth anime adaptation in the Kono Danshi franchise. Soubi Yamamoto, who has directed the previous adaptations of the project, will reprise her role as director. The new TV series will air during Ultra Super Anime Time on February 5.

Musaigen no Phantom World | TV | PV
The commercial reveals the broadcast date of January 6.

Prince of Stride: Alternative | TV | PV
Prince of Stride: Alternative is based on the otome game about an extreme form of sport known as "Stride." It involves six players on a team that runs relay races in towns. The new video previews the opening song, "Strider's High" by OxT.

Sekkou Boys | TV | PV
Sekkou Boys is an idol anime that features statues. The series will broadcast on January 8.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge | TV | PV
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge is a TV adaptation based on the web manga by Nozomi Uda. It features the laid-back boy Tanaka-kun who doesn't try. The series is slated for April 2016.

Working!!! Lord of the Takanashi | Special | CM
Working!!!: Lord of the Takanashi is the 14th episode of the third season. The hour-long special is scheduled to broadcast on December 26.

Note: The video is region blocked; click here for an alternative link.

Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions | Movie | Trailer
Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions is a new movie of the Yu☆Gi☆Oh! franchise to commemorate the manga's 20th anniversary. The movie is set to take place six months after the story of the manga and features new designs of some monsters and characters. It is expected to premiere on April 23.

Sakana-sanJul 20, 2016 10:53 AM
Dec 13, 2015 11:37 AM

Sep 2013
the most least excited season of the last 3 years

Dec 13, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
WORKING !!!
Dec 13, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2013
Wait Elsword and Closers are getting an anime adaption?

I get to see my man Jay in full animation? Hype.

Also, Working!!!, Kizumonogatari, Dagashi Kashi and Yu Gi Oh hype
Dec 13, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
That Yu-Gi-Oh! PV was fucking HYPE.
Dec 13, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2012
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
ELSWORD IS GETTING ANIME ADAPTATION!!!!!!!???????

Not sure if this famous Korean MMORPG game adapted into anime in Korea studio?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 13, 2015 12:21 PM

May 2012
Chain Chronicle, Divine Gate, Phantom World, Elsword, Closers and Aripel all look good to me. Glad to see a lot of fantasy/action anime

I will also watch Gate and Akagami 2nd seasons

The others looking boring.
Dec 13, 2015 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
Upon seeing the PV for Sekkou Boys I think I'm going to give it a shot now, this looks pretty funny, kind of reminds me of Saint Onii-san and Miss Monochrome in a way.

Musaigen no Phantom World hype. Really looking forward to watching it.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Dec 13, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
Elsword, Closers and Aripel are getting anime adaptations?
For what purpose?
Remake MapleStory.

Excited for Chain Chronicle, wonder just what they are going to do, love these high fantasy shows.

Divine Gate looks better than expected, surprisingly faithful character designs and art, probably still turn into a trainwreck tho.

Stil gotta catch up to Akagami, dat thumbail so cute.

Phantom World looks delish, damn KyoAni.

Can't wait for Gate S2 too, cast was just so likable and fun.

Sekkou Boys looks like it'll be fun too.
Dec 13, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Paulo27 said:
For what purpose?
Remake MapleStory.

Because advertising their Korean MMORPG game.

Elsword anime will suck because the story mode is super long and the job change is very complicated and it will break the immersion of the story.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 13, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
Zeta-Astacion said:
Paulo27 said:
For what purpose?
Remake MapleStory.

Because advertising their Korean MMORPG game.

Elsword anime will suck because the story mode is super long and the job change is very complicated and it will break the immersion of the story.

Considering how each job change has a different story, wonder how they will tackle that.

And a Maplestory anime adaption will always be bad. It has no story to even work with other than the whole bland Black Magician thing.

I can see Closers doing good since it has good characters like Jay (even though the plot is cliche) but since this is a game promotion animation, it will most likely be shit as well.
Dec 13, 2015 12:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dat Tanaka-kun PV.
trabeus1 said:
How can you say that when we have Sekkou Boys ?
DatRandomDudeDec 13, 2015 12:42 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Mar 2014
hoopla123 said:
And a Maplestory anime adaption will always be bad. It has no story to even work with other than the whole bland Black Magician thing.
You obviously never dwelled on MapleStory's lore.
Character connections and stories connect on so many levels and in such intricate ways that yes, it'd suck, but because they'd never get it right (hell, the game doesn't get it right most of the time and has plot holes everywhere and keeps getting retconned with each new update).
Plot itself is still fairly simple with there just being a bad guy they have to defeat but it's really rich outside of that.
Dec 13, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
hoopla123 said:
Character connections and stories connect on so many levels and in such intricate ways that yes, it'd suck, but because they'd never get it right (hell, the game doesn't get it right most of the time and has plot holes everywhere and keeps getting retconned with each new update).
Plot itself is still fairly simple with there just being a bad guy they have to defeat but it's really rich outside of that.

If you are talking about the Heroes and Cygnus Knights, sure that could work somewhat.

I've been out of the loop for all the new characters for 4-5 years now ever since I quit for good.

If we are talking about adventurers, there is literally nothing to do.
Dec 13, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
hoopla123 said:
Paulo27 said:

If you are talking about the Heroes and Cygnus Knights, sure that could work somewhat.

I've been out of the loop for all the new characters for 4-5 years now ever since I quit for good.

Adventurers all got extensive storylines in the RED update which connect them to the Heroes' stories.
You could just forget everyone else and focus only on the Heroes' story and make something big out of that, not only do you have their fight leading up to the Black Mage but how they deal with their loss and come back centuries later.
Dec 13, 2015 1:11 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
New Kizumonogatari CM looks glorious! Aside from that and Lord of the Takanashi, nothing really stands out.

Dec 13, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2015
Chain Chronicle animation O________O WOW
(Btw the game is really good)
Dec 13, 2015 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
Kizumonogatari is pure hype... and is only a video about Hanekawa.

Gate PV doesn't show much, Dagashi Kashi looks fine, Prince of Stride has a really good animation and Divine Gate looks cool. Seems decent.
Dec 13, 2015 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
Woooooooooah, Elsword??

What job paths will they have the characters take? and to what limits will they rush the shit out of it?
Dec 13, 2015 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
Hmmm January seems promising. Though I won't get my hopes up.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 13, 2015 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
hoopla123 said:

Adventurers all got extensive storylines in the RED update which connect them to the Heroes' stories.
You could just forget everyone else and focus only on the Heroes' story and make something big out of that, not only do you have their fight leading up to the Black Mage but how they deal with their loss and come back centuries later.

I see.

I quit around the time Chaos update got introduced so yeah.

hoopla123Dec 13, 2015 1:54 PM
Dec 13, 2015 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
I can already tell that Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge will be my favorite of these.
Dec 13, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
Chain Chronicle have a great animation
i think i will watch it
Dec 13, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2015
What's with all the game adaptions? That can't be good ... The only one that even looks decent to me is Divine Gate, and it'll probably be mediocre (Chain Chronicle's animation looks pretty good, as well).

I will definitely be watching the second seasons for Shirayuki and GATE, and I'll probably check out Dagashi Kashi as well. And I'm watching Kizumono for sure. Other than that, nothing really seems appealing.

Can't decide if Sekkou Boys looks funny or retarded. Or both.
Dec 13, 2015 2:48 PM

Nov 2011
A bunch of game adaptations. Chain Chronicle still alive although I think it might air Spring at best, Summer more likely.

Can't wait for Kizumonogatari as well as the sequels.
Dagashi Kashi looks like it might be fun as well.
Dec 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
trabeus1 said:

For me its quite the opposite. Its the most exciting season for me since Winter 2014. There are tonnes of new animes that grabbed me by the PV, synopsis and the poster. + Gate 2nd season!!!
Dec 13, 2015 8:06 PM

Nov 2014
Looks like they're going for Lork Knight on Elsword, huh? That's good.
Dec 13, 2015 9:46 PM

Nov 2007
Musaigen Phantom World is probably exactly what I needed after Amaburi goodness! Cannot get enough of KyoAni girls!

Dagashi Kashi could be a fun series. So yeah, probably gonna watch it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 13, 2015 10:39 PM

Apr 2013
excited for some of the title, can't wait for kizumonogatari
and elsword getting an anime!? when did they announce it? anyway looking forward to it
Dec 13, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2015
Aww yeah more Working!
:)
Dec 14, 2015 2:43 AM

Jan 2014
Shirayukihime and Gate ヽ(´∀`)ノ
Dec 14, 2015 3:53 AM

Aug 2015
shanimebib said:
Musaigen Phantom World is probably exactly what I needed after Amaburi goodness! Cannot get enough of KyoAni girls!

Dagashi Kashi could be a fun series. So yeah, probably gonna watch it.
Dec 14, 2015 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
Quite a lot of new shows that have potential. Though no sure things. Still I have plenty that will be continuing from this season that will ensure I have enough to watch (Haikyuu, Gundam, Utawarerumono, Gintama, Heavy Object) plus second seasons of Gate, AssClass and Snow White.
Dec 14, 2015 5:42 AM

Sep 2014
S E K K O U B O Y S LETS GO! <--- Fucking stuck in my head now!
Dec 14, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2014
I'm here just for the pure awesomeness of Yugioh GODanimation and Gate 2nd season cuz Rory.

No seriously, I'm not really interested in game anime adaptions..
I'll watch Kizumonogatari whenever the hell I finish the 2nd season.

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manhwa 'True Beauty' Gets Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Nov 17, 2023

47 by nightjasmine »»
5 hours ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Shirayukin »»
8 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Mar 17

9 by mshfqtny »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by DrHizzle »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.