Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 6, 2015 4:06 PM

Feb 2012
MEsoJD said:
The new chick reminds of the blond in 0083.
Subplot there one of Gjallarhorn who had a past relationship with Merribit hijacks a mobile suit from Tekkadan/Teiwaz and Orga goes after him...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 6, 2015 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
If only all girls thought like Atra... haha
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Dec 6, 2015 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
SchwingBoner said:

RIP Orga fangirls.

Whole time i was like dem fangirls are loving this i bet,don't worry Orga i feel Meribit has her eyes on you :P

so many people rising their flags this week and once those new cool looking MS showed up i really thought it was gonna happen sunrise pls.
Dec 6, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
Death flag

[ ] Raised
[x] Not raised

Why? Because Okada pulled a Dues Ex Mikaina on us.
Dec 6, 2015 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
Was that Masahiro in the preview??? OMG!!!!
Dec 6, 2015 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
Ahaha, so much lols and character development to be had on this ep.

Who are attacking them at the end though? Are they being specifically targeted or coincidental? I bet Gjallarhorn 's behind it, of course.

And Fumitan's suspicious as ever. She's gotta be an agent or something. I'd be more surprised if she weren't with all the foreshadowing so far lol

Anarchi4 said:
If only all girls thought like Atra... haha

To be fair, she did work at that kind of establishment for most of her life, so she's probably seen it all already :p
Dec 6, 2015 8:25 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Atra needs to watch To Love Ru Darkness

Nice, Barbatos with sword! Makes it cooler twice

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 6, 2015 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
next episode should be action packed and i think we will some deaths from the protagonist side this time
Dec 6, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Atra and Akihiro's past were pretty sad.

Atra's Imagination though xD

That Barbatos entrance at the end! Go Mika!
Looking forward to the action pick up, Need to see more battles.
Dec 6, 2015 10:08 PM

Oct 2013
Let's all give Mika a hand of applause for taking down that massive death flag from Takaki(at least for now).

Also, possible Merribit & Orga ship preparing to sail any1?
Dec 7, 2015 12:34 AM

Jun 2013
I'm getting the feeling now that Okada isn't going to kill anyone off. It's also kinda bugging me. This is Gundam. If she is going to write for it, she at least needs to follow the rules. Too many "last second saves" for me.
Dec 7, 2015 3:22 AM

Nov 2007
ex_necross said:
I'm getting the feeling now that Okada isn't going to kill anyone off. It's also kinda bugging me. This is Gundam. If she is going to write for it, she at least needs to follow the rules. Too many "last second saves" for me.

But remember that this is also a Gundam where one of the key story drives is how powerful their bond is and how they are willing to protect their new found family members. But I can see that there will be those who would die for doing the very thing. It's Gundam so I am expecting a lot of deaths around the last few episodes. Then again, I will be shocked if the core characters make it through the series. Okada did a splendid job with this series so far. For example, it took her 2 seconds to show Mikazuki barely managed to get there on time as he exhaled a sigh of relief after taking out that MAN RODI. At this point, this is definitely my favourite AU Gundam.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 7, 2015 3:38 AM

Jun 2013
shanimebib said:
ex_necross said:

But remember that this is also a Gundam where one of the key story drives is how powerful their bond is and how they are willing to protect their new found family members. But I can see that there will be those who would die for doing the very thing. It's Gundam so I am expecting a lot of deaths around the last few episodes. Then again, I will be shocked if the core characters make it through the series. Okada did a splendid job with this series so far. For example, it took her 2 seconds to show Mikazuki barely managed to get there on time as he exhaled a sigh of relief after taking out that MAN RODI. At this point, this is definitely my favourite AU Gundam.

Not sure, Okada doesn't really kill people in her other shows. And we should have had deaths by now in IBO.
Dec 7, 2015 4:00 AM
Apr 2015
Am I the only one who misses barbatos's giant mace? The sword feels so...generic.
I only give 3 ratings on any show I watch

10 = Enjoyed it

5 = Average

1 = Hated it
Dec 7, 2015 4:39 AM
Dec 2010
shanimebib said:
CG said:
So next episode it's probably either Akihiro and his bro dying for sure.

Everything else suggests that Akihiro will pilot GUNDAM GUSION so the most likely to die (at the hands of Mikazuki) is his younger brother Masahiro.

It is widely believed that KIMARIS, specialized in 'mind control' will be piloted by Orga since there are speculations that the particular gundam takes after the colour of its pilot's hair colour.

Next episode will have Akihiro's bro killing off Takaki. So that the two of them can be fighting each other until the end of the series.
Dec 7, 2015 4:51 AM

Jan 2014
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD!?

Ending was a bit iffy since it really comes off as Deus Ex Machina but I'll hold on to hope that there is a very good explanation for that. (But who cares lol. FUQING BARBATOS WOOOOO!!!)

In the long run, the series hasn't disappointed me yet. Am a bit surprised no one's died yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2015 5:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ex_necross said:
shanimebib said:

Not sure, Okada doesn't really kill people in her other shows. And we should have had deaths by now in IBO.
I would much rather to have the characters get good characterizations like this episode first than to just have a bunch of early shock value deaths like a usually get in a standard Gundam series

Something like

And imo these characters for the most part are already approaching that great level of development whereas they'll be a state where a death would truly hit you in the chest and would be a lot more impactful
Dec 7, 2015 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Dec 7, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
There might be a few deaths in the future episodes according to the episode summaries

Dec 7, 2015 6:42 AM

Mar 2013
Wait, so... how old is Atra supposed to be? She can't be older than 13, right? She looks about 12 but that "10 year old" version of her looked about 6... I always assumed Mikazuki was older than Atra seeing as Atra's the same size as Biscuit's younger sisters, but now I'm confused. Are Mikazuki, Kudelia and Atra all supposed to be the same age? I can buy Mikazuki and Kudelia but Atra just looks like a child, she even calls herself a child.
Dec 7, 2015 6:49 AM

Mar 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
But why is no one asking the most important question this episode raised: Just who the heck did Eugene lose his V-Card to?????? Isn't he a minor???? They should arrest whoever the woman is! :P

Him and whatever that one hella straight "boobs boobs boobs" guy's name is seem to have gone off and either hit on women successfully (unlikely) or visited a brothel after hella straight guy's declaration of them "needing women". Seeing as brothels were shown in this episode anyway, I'm pretty sure he just had sex with a prostitute lol.
Dec 7, 2015 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
Haak said:

^His face is saying wtf did i get myself into...

It's because last ep that lady from Teiwaz taught Atra to 'share the good bread with everyone'

Thank god Takaki doesn't die this ep T^T I'm not ready for death from Tekkadan's side especially after practically everyone's is talking about family, family...
Dec 7, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2007
Tokoya said:
Something like

You know I called it when they changed the ending theme (episode 14). When I saw the pair of scissors stuck on a wave of blood I knew it was coming. He was my favourite character in the show so when it actually happened, I was gutted despite all my preparations; it took me a long time to get over it.

Investing in developing a character and relating it to those who will be affected carry a lot of punch than killing off characters like Danji (Episode 1).
Coronavirus.
Dec 7, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
Holmes15 said:
I have a feeling half of the crew is going to be dead by the end of this.
I really feel like this will have one of the smaller body counts in the franchise as it went on honestly, unless it does evolve into a war story I think there will only be a few deaths, it just feels like it'd be wastful if alot of people died here since this is supposedly the birth of tekkadan as a company and if its first mission just kills all its useful employees it'd just feel off writing wise.

I do possibly see orga dying and mika taking up leader position like a certain mecha show in the late 00's, but even then I think orga's chances of survivial have been going up with each passing episode.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 7, 2015 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
Wait, what, Atra wants a harem with Mikazuki? ahahaahaahahaha didn't expected to see harem here :D
Hope in the end Atra will end up with Mikazuki xD
Mikazuki arriving at the right moment, it seems that his Gundam got a good upgrade :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 7, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2009
Pffffft, dat Atra this ep. Totally grew on me to a whole new level now.

Great episode. I want mooooar :D
Dec 7, 2015 4:24 PM
Jul 2015
Holy crap, the transition to the end song was masterfully done this time around.

My favorite episode yet!
Dec 7, 2015 11:57 PM

Sep 2012
Merribit and Orga Doujins when.

Dec 8, 2015 1:39 AM
Dec 2015
I'm only one disturbed by the fact that all those women are so eager to throw themselves in a polygamous relationship (well, technically a polygynous one) when the Isis itself has problems getting its female most fervent supporters of sharia to accept to share their men with other women?!?

I know that the "harem trope" is an anime classic, but I hate to see it used in a Gundam show, a show with supposed more adult undertones...
Dec 8, 2015 1:53 AM
Nov 2014
During the first half of this episode I was thinking that this show had turned into space salaryman slice of life...

I've never been so wrong.
Dec 8, 2015 3:53 AM
Feb 2008
Zaku71 said:
I'm only one disturbed by the fact that all those women are so eager to throw themselves in a polygamous relationship (well, technically a polygynous one) when the Isis itself has problems getting its female most fervent supporters of sharia to accept to share their men with other women?!?

I know that the "harem trope" is an anime classic, but I hate to see it used in a Gundam show, a show with supposed more adult undertones...

You're thinking about it too much. They probably think like because of their harsh past. It's a very different environment where people pick survival over who gets which man.
Dec 8, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Merribit
Orga.
Coronavirus.
Dec 8, 2015 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, as always, that ending surprised me, but it was so well put !

hype hype for the next one, so many deathflag :(
Dec 8, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2012
Holy shit, I was about to be pissed if Akihiro died there. I was so scared when it went silent right before the Zaku tried pulling out his sword. I freakin' love you Mika 😂

Akihiro's brother is likely to be one of the enemy pilots according to the previews. Seems like way too much of a coincidence, but oh well. This should be interesting.

All these kids have such sad backstories 😭
Dec 8, 2015 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
So lots of character backstories being exposed, most of the orphans seem to have had a rough time before finding a new 'home' in the Tekkadan. A needed, but not the most hype episode, I liked it though.

DAT ENDING THOUGH. MIKAZUKI'S BARBATOS THREW AWAY THE RIDICULOUS MACE.

NOW HE HAS A KATANA FUCK YES
Dec 8, 2015 10:50 AM

Aug 2014
Death flags galore.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 8, 2015 10:36 PM

Feb 2014
I find it funny in anime that if characters get developed everyone starts saying death flags. They can't all die!
Dec 8, 2015 10:58 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, F**king ending... It reminded me of the time that I almost dropped my ice cream.. Never again lol
Dec 9, 2015 3:35 PM

Mar 2009
jin15 said:
Merribit and Orga Doujins when.

Winter Comiket is coming up, fortunately.

These past two episodes have been fantastic. They've been doing a great job at showing how tragic and sad the children's lives have been. It's really affecting.

And what's this? Possible Orga and Merribit shipping? She seems VERY interested in him. Good for Orga. She's hot.
Dec 9, 2015 7:27 PM

May 2015
I thought dammit Takaki and the other dude are going to die Takaki, but Mikazuki came at the right time to save his family and I was screaming Yeaaaaaaaaah!!

Well a bit of Atra past before joining the guys, poor Atra (╯︵╰,) and that retelling of her past to Kudelia served as a jolt to Kudelia because she is starting to realize that others also have living difficulties too. I see Atra do not mind at all sharing Mikazuki. She is so innocent, does not know about many things and finds it easy or is the other way around? (ʃƪ˘ڡ˘)

Orga despite saying that he is not interested in women, it seems that he already got one without wanting it... A fine mature woman... Lucky Bastard!
Dec 9, 2015 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
Orga confirmed gay
Dec 9, 2015 7:50 PM

Oct 2008
Katana Barbatos so awesome!
I totally ship Itsuka, Orga with Stapleton, Merribit...!!!
5/5.

Dec 9, 2015 10:14 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
But my 2 favorite au gundams have little to no deaths (X and turn-A)

Besides gundam generally waits till the end to kill off characters

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 9, 2015 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
Even though the innocence of her misunderstanding was cute, I think the combination of the brothel Atra used to work in and seeing the Turbine's crew is having a bad influence on her. Poor thing.

Regardless, I don't think Mika is at all interested in Kudelia in that way. Not that he's interested in Atra either, but I think that would be more likely to happen in a few years.

We're getting some character development, but it does seem to be of the quick, potential-death-flag sort. Even so, given the way these developments have been playing out in general, I don't think many major characters will be dying this early, which is fine by me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the newly upgraded Barbatos in action.
Dec 10, 2015 12:36 AM

Mar 2014
theres a titile spoiler for the next three eps. and ep 13 will be..tragic.
Dec 10, 2015 6:11 AM

Aug 2015
Damn, Barbatos is looking gorgeous! Can't wait to see Mikazuki take out its upgraded form for a spin next episode.

Orga is just too adorable in his interactions with Merribit.

After the initial back-and-forth of a slow episode followed by a fast one, we've gotten basically 3 development episodes in a row. I haven't actually minded; really liked this episode and the last episode in particular. I think it just goes to show how well Iron-Blooded Orphans develops its characters and makes good use of its writing, compared to most mecha anime that would use the action as a crutch.

Nonetheless, can't wait for next week's action!
Dec 10, 2015 7:35 PM

May 2009
I'm genuinely curious on how they are going to do this with just 25 episodes. It seems to me that they're giving these characters some Turn A treatment. Which is good, but 25 episodes? I'm expecting a bloodbath around the 20th episode mark.
Dec 11, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
my feels this episode, nice character development and poor atra ;_;
:3
Dec 11, 2015 7:57 PM
Jan 2013
Oh my Atra XD Should I laugh at the imagination or feel pity that a girl like that has that kind of imagination...?

Akihirocentric episode tomorrow I guess... (at least tomorrow here and now)
Dec 12, 2015 5:35 AM

Nov 2007
Masahiro, Akihiro's younger brother is indeed one of the pirates.

The other two pirates have awful character design. I think it's one of the few lows of the series so far.
shanimebibDec 12, 2015 5:38 AM
Coronavirus.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.