Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 1, 2015 4:53 PM

Dec 2012
The_Deceiver said:
That vampire is so fucking annoying, even The Twilight vampires are cooler then him, and if I have to hear that fucking blonde shitstain say "Yu-chan" one more time I swear I'm gonna punch my screen.

Well have fun buying a new screen :D on Saturday
Dec 1, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
gum_drop said:
Guren and Yuu AREN'T dead.
The scene with both of them was so father/son like.

I find it so cute how Shinoa is able to calm Yuu down ><
-fangirling- <3 I love YuuNoa moments.

oh so he took the pill .-. wondering what's gonna happen next ep.

Guren is cool, Yuu, I can't deal with him. Been seeing him for years and I'm tired of it. Maybe he's tolerable in lighter toned/contested anime but in one such as this he kills it, he just kills it...

I haven't said much about the vampires but I will say they can get a bit annoying at times. But, I mean, think about it, you're a vampire, hundreds of years old, with near-superman abilities even by your own kinds' standards if your a noble. Your like a Super Sayan God in the Freiza saga. This is your playtime. You don't live with disease, age, or any real predators, hell, in many shows like this one the sun doesn't phase you. You fuck humans and vampires without any real worry and live similar to what humans describe mythological gods. Fighting people trained to kill you is often a joke unless your being taken on by hundreds, you become arrogant, bored, your main concern is status in your own, often very small society, so it's warranted even more so than Yuu's. That's just typical shounen fuckboiatry

QWERTYFish25Dec 1, 2015 10:28 PM
Dec 2, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
That's what you get for enlisting kids in the army.

Dec 2, 2015 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
Is it wrong of me to like Crowley Eusford...a lot?
Dec 2, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2014
Hannah_Ana said:

Nope,same here :D
Its like a badass*9999999999999999999
Dec 2, 2015 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
Yuu can't take it anymore he does suicide but still all according to plan cuz seraph won't let him die.
Voice directing on this episode seems trash.
3/5.

Dec 2, 2015 7:24 PM

Nov 2008
Hannah_Ana said:

idk I find his smug face irritating. lol

Dec 3, 2015 1:22 PM
Apr 2014
Episodes like this one are the reason I started to dislike the first season. Yu is such a shitty child. Thought he grew up a little because the first episodes seemed promising but I was wrong. They defined the orders before the mission for exactly that reason and he still didn't follow them even though he said he could do it.

And Mika isn't even the slightest bit better than him...

Really hope it was only this episode otherwise I really wasted my time on this season again. Ahh well at least Crowley and his two followers are fun to watch. Sometimes I even wish they'd stop playing around and just finish someone right in front of Yu or maybe even Yu himself.

QWERTYFish25 said:

agree. definitely better than all the human characters
NanashiDec 3, 2015 1:31 PM
Dec 3, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2008
Nanashi said:
Episodes like this one are the reason I started to dislike the first season. Yu is such a shitty child.

He's not a shitty child; he just lets his emotions take over his actions.....kinda like the heroine of a magical girl series. XD

Don't bash my Yuu-chan. >:/

Dec 3, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2008
Anyone who thinks either Yuu or Guren are dead hasn't watched anime before, lol. Guren might get fucked over at some point but he's not dead now.

Yuu is annoying but I get it, he's meant to be traumatised and you don't think when you're traumatised. Not really his fault.

Also, Shinoa fucking sucks and is a useless bitch and I hope she dies at some stage because I can't stand her. But Yoichi is the most likely, despite him looking like has the strongest weapon.
Dec 3, 2015 9:07 PM

Nov 2008
Zazie122 said:
Also, Shinoa fucking sucks and is a useless bitch

How dare you. I will end you. She's the best female character! She's not useless! She's the leader of the team and she does her job best she can.

Dec 3, 2015 9:16 PM

May 2008
Chiibi said:

How dare you. I will end you. She's the best female character! She's not useless! She's the leader of the team and she does her job best she can.

I take it you haven't watched a lot of things. Unless you mean in the series, and even then no, Krul is better.

She's only the leader because she's been there longer than everyone else in the group and belongs to a prestigious family (I know's she's basically been disowned but whatever). When has she ever done anything on her own? All the orders she gives to her squad are relayed from somebody higher up, and if she makes a decision, it tends to fuck the squad over (kicking Yuu out of the van comes to mind).

She also never explains anything properly even though she knows Yuu's a reckless fucking idiot. She could've explained to them to not take more than two pills a day or it'll fuck you up, but no. All she says is "Yuu-san, you've already taken two pills today...!" without any kind of explanation as to what'll happen. Since Yuu is, again, an idiot, he's not going to work out that it might be a bad idea.
Dec 3, 2015 9:35 PM

Nov 2008
Zazie122 said:
Unless you mean in the series, and even then no, Krul is better.

We barely know anything about Krul. She almost has zero screentime so no, I don't agree with you, cute design aside.

She's only the leader because she's been there longer than everyone else in the group and belongs to a prestigious family (I know's she's basically been disowned but whatever).

She's also the leader because she's had more experience and she knows a lot more than the entire team put together.

When has she ever done anything on her own?

She's not supposed to do anything on her own, the series is about teamwork.

All the orders she gives to her squad are relayed from somebody higher up

Do you expect all the adults to just let the teenagers make the decisions? I don't think that's how the military works.....lol

All she says is "Yuu-san, you've already taken two pills today...!" without any kind of explanation as to what'll happen.

The explanation was already given in the first cour. No need to explain it again. Yuu wouldn't have listened anyway; he was desperate.

Dec 3, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2008
TwilightMystery said:
I can't speak for the manga but in the anime I know for a fact she explained the effects of the pills to Yu already. It might've even been during the first season, in fact I'm pretty sure it was. So, Yu already knew the consequences and him being so stubborn as he is, wouldn't take any lip from Shinoa either way.

Did she? I must've forgotten that... From what I remember she was speaking in a joking tone, though, so maybe Yuu didn't take her seriously at the time? Either way, Yuu's Yuu, and yeah, he would do it anyway. But for some reason it looked like he didn't know, so perhaps he didn't remember what the effects were, just that he wasn't meant to do it.

I get that Yuu would go ahead and take them anyway, but I feel like the squad in general could've done more to stop him? He was holding the pills and they don't try and snatch them from him (or if they did, they didn't do a very good job).

Chiibi said:

We barely know anything about Krul. She almost has zero screentime so no, I don't agree with you, cute design aside.

We barely know anything about any of the characters, really, beyond their personalities and maybe a tiny bit of backstory.

She's also the leader because she's had more experience and she knows a lot more than the entire team put together.

Maybe, but she keeps making wrong decisions that put her squad in danger.

She's not supposed to do anything on her own, the series is about teamwork.

Yuu does shit on his own all the time (which she's not very good at disciplining). She also isn't good at explaining things to her squad, and lots of times she withholds important information.

Do you expect all the adults to just let the teenagers make the decisions? I don't think that's how the military works.....lol

If that's the case, she shouldn't be a squad leader.

The explanation was already given in the first cour. No need to explain it again. Yuu wouldn't have listened anyway; he was desperate.

Yeah, I forgot about that. But clearly there was a need, as Yuu seemed to have forgotten. Anime re-explain things all the time, especially in different seasons, so I don't see why they couldn't have here? It could've been one line of "Yuu-san, if you take any more pills you'll _______!" or something. Which I don't exactly blame Shiona for, but the writers.
Zazie122Dec 3, 2015 9:46 PM
Dec 3, 2015 11:58 PM

Sep 2014
Zazie122 said:

I get that Yuu would go ahead and take them anyway, but I feel like the squad in general could've done more to stop him? He was holding the pills and they don't try and snatch them from him (or if they did, they didn't do a very good job).

Anime logic. Manga was better.

Chiibi said:

We barely know anything about any of the characters, really, beyond their personalities and maybe a tiny bit of backstory.

That's cos WIT can't fucking adapt.

Maybe, but she keeps making wrong decisions that put her squad in danger.

That's the idea - you can't expect her, a 16 year old with family issues, to be able to lead the team right off the bat.
I mean, this isn't Guren.

If that's the case, she shouldn't be a squad leader.

Then who should be? Yu? The childish one who can't even stop himself from doing reckless things? Kimizuki who, while mature, is as outgoing as Yu? Mitsuba? The one who completely failed at leading the squad in season 1? Yoichi? The cinnamon bun that would probably go weak in the knees at the thought?

Yeah, I forgot about that. But clearly there was a need, as Yuu seemed to have forgotten. Anime re-explain things all the time, especially in different seasons, so I don't see why they couldn't have here? It could've been one line of "Yuu-san, if you take any more pills you'll _______!" or something. Which I don't exactly blame Shiona for, but the writers.

Correction; GOOD and WELL ADAPT anime explain things all the time. This? WIT is having a laugh.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 4, 2015 3:45 AM
Mar 2012
YUU TOOK THE BLUE PILL!!!
Animation more dynamic then last ep. Osts help. Fatherly Guren flashback. I'm at ch.23, a few info not shown/clarified in anime yet, but otherwise not very different, not sure if manga worth continuing.
Dec 4, 2015 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
Yuu, do you really have to be so stupid? x)
Dec 4, 2015 10:11 PM

Jun 2014
Just when Yu makes some solid character progression.... he goes right back to being an idiot. DAMN IT.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 5, 2015 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
Yuu is fine nothing a little bandge wouldn't fix
Dec 5, 2015 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Remember kids, don't do drugs! (not even death can stop an MC, I'm sure he'll be back)

The illusion scene was pretty cool.
Dec 6, 2015 1:14 AM

Jun 2013
Yuu being a little Eren-esque, hotheaded little shit and taking two heroin pills leading to blood gushing from his eyes and other orifices. Yuu, srsly?

Meanwhile, Yuu's boyfriend, Mika seemed OP as fuck.
臭い-
Dec 7, 2015 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
That dragged on for me tbh, the fight in the beginning felt as if I’m seeing it in slow motion, the only fast or in this case normal pace was when Mito attacked Crawley. I kind of hoped I’ll see Mika’s reaction to seeing Yuu’s body and someone will kill him but then again this series has enough fujoshi baiting as it is so I’m glad they didn’t. The best part of this episode was the awesome OST but I expect nothing less from Sawano Hiroyuki.
Dec 9, 2015 10:15 PM

Apr 2010
That's one way to go yolo
Dec 11, 2015 11:16 PM

Dec 2013
Crowley is so ridiculously over powered. Nothing seems to phase this guy. WTF.

RIP Yu. You were a mediocre MC
Dec 12, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2008
First half battle with Crowley was ok but the second half dipped, they better go big for the finale :)
Dec 14, 2015 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
Yu is so damn annoying. Let him die and focus on the actual story
Dec 17, 2015 1:32 AM
Nov 2015
Shit just got real
Dec 23, 2015 12:59 PM
Jun 2013
QWERTYFish25 said:
God, this MC is really killing my vibe. Dude is so fucking awkward I don't even know where to begin. It's like he has a rollback driver installed in his character. Every episode he goes back into that typical anime genre-savvy knuckle head mode only to realize: wrong series. They need to really figure out a way to actually develop his character in a more meaningful way. I mean maybe it's a good thing to see an anime MC not get away with some of the retarded shit they normally get away with 19 times out of 20 but you should only be allowed so much plot armor.

I was pretty much turned off by Shinoa towards the end of season one for being to playful and showing herself to be equally as green as the rest when though she seemed way ahead of them at first. I'm glad certain people are giving he a dose of reality check as of late but I would say they should've been done with that shit around the end of season one, at least considering her and her squad's symbolic rape in the second to last episode. Now she's falling into a useless potential love-interest chick slot without any real connection to the MC. She kinda grew on the majority of season one me but after this season I can't take her seriously. The rest of the squad is effectively just backup singers which is sad considering the decent attempt to build on the bromance between the three guys in the first season. The blonde girl was out of place pretty much from the start.

Mika's character would've been a lot more interesting had they focused on his development during the time skip it would've been a lot more interesting the shit we've been seeing about Yu. Sadly I know the next time there will be a dialog between the two it will be either awkward and out of context or it'll be oversimplified and suck up a lot more time than it deserves.

Krul could play a very significant motive behind Mika's views but once again they're keeping her on the sidelines and not explaining the back story between the two. It's pretty much obvious he's a favorite of hers but why? I'm sure he's not the first human turned vampire by her.

My biggest gripe is to much focus on the MC and not enough on the story itself as a whole, I'm not asking for an ensemble cast but a least try to put more into a character than can be put into a single paragraph. With the way things are going I'm seeing a hella rushed possibly Valvrave class ending waiting for us with the way shit is going. Third season would be great but if they do this again it may not be enjoyable at all.

THIS....JUST, ALL OF IT
Dec 23, 2015 1:03 PM
Jun 2013
This was a VERY disappointing episode. It shows Yu lack of growth as a character more than ever. He's just like a little baby. When he doesn't get what he wants he gets to throw and fit and make a scene. Which would be cool if he wasn't the mc (meaning he's protected by the author). The whole episode I was almost pleading to my screen for someone to beat his face in for continuously being a burden to the group and whining.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wakes up with a crazy amount of power (typical shonen formula...). So far, especially with this episode, I'm very disappointed with the second season. There's so much potential but it's all going down the drain slowly.
Dec 27, 2015 6:16 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode, but Yu reverting to the usual Shounen MC almost ruined it for me. Fortunately he got his punishment.
Dec 28, 2015 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
Yuu is just a straight idiot, plain and simple.

In the situation they were in, it wasn't just a choice of giving up Guren or not; it was a choice of giving up Guren, or having roughly 10 more people die alongside Guren. Only in a shonen manga can a guy legitimately be so freaking stupid and not get killed.

That Guren has never seemed to use his true powers also boggles my mind. He didn't know that he was gonna be sent to Ferid, who's probably his co-conspirator, and be spared. He might've gotten killed on the spot but he's somehow determined to hide his true power? Whoever's writing this script is clearly an unexperienced writer. God why do I still watch this series that meshes together all the cliches in the world...
Dec 31, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2013
Crowley really like throwing humans into other humans.
Guren is captured and Yuu is dead, but thanks to the preview, neither of them are really dead.
Hopefully Kureto's test subject arrives on time to save them all.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Aaaaaaaaaand it seems Yu is dead, so, if anyone wants to be the new Owari no Seraph then please submit your applications along with your work permits, visas, and other paperwork in order. Also make sure you are eligible to fill out a T-2 tax form, and yes, this job does include sick leave, paid vacations, and vampire handling training.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 2, 2016 6:47 AM
May 2012
Dude, it's not like Guren will die in an instant.
And wow, he just killed himself. Now he can't save Guren or help his FAMILY =_=
Also, Kureto's face is so annoying to look at...and he is very suspicious.
Jan 2, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
The action in this episode was alright. The original "Scapegoat" is amazing but the version they palyed in the beginning was great too.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 6, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
Lot of feels this ep. Great flashback (the OST made it even better). I like the fact that Yuu wasn't immediately able to handle the pills - most protags would "defy the odds" and go into beast mode, but nope, he just died lmao.

Also, felt really bad for Shinya. You can tell how much he cares about Guren.
sasuke is sasugay
Jan 18, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Pretty lovely development, let's see what's next.
Feb 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
Solid and somewhat emotional episode, especially with the Guren flashback. I'm sure Yu is fine and they'll get Guren back though
Mar 12, 2016 10:32 PM

Apr 2014
Damn and here I thought Yuu was finally maturing. His emotional duress is very understandable, but opting for a very significant risk of death for a powerup in their present situation and in that manner was an absolutely boneheaded decision. It's natural for irrationality to take hold when people are desperate, but even though he'll survive due to being the main character this was just throwing all logic out the window but it'll succeed due to his role in the story. But at the very least, we see just precisely the extent that he cares for Guren and the lengths to which he'll go for better or worse.
Apr 17, 2016 3:06 PM

Oct 2013
The remix that played at the beginning was fucking epic and produced some serious chills. And so did Yuu's determination to save Guren at any risk. Call that move stupid if you want, but it was the right move especially since we know Yuu can't actually die. Yuu is a walking shounen cliche but for once, the cliche really hit me. After that brief flashback, Yuu has to save Guren.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 26, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
The oppai vampire goodness continues.

Baka Yuu coughing up blood on my screen.

Had a feeling Mika would get rid of those vampires.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 15, 2016 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
Yu is an annoying baby I won't mind if he stays alive. Also what is Kureto planning?
Sep 8, 2016 10:21 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Yu acted on impulse and feelings no surprise, he is either dead or he gonna end up something spectacular again! LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 1, 2017 1:21 AM

Sep 2013
I know it's just a false flag, but I still hope that Yuu actually dies here, just because it would make such a great backstory for Shinoa taking over as main character lead, and Mika going perma emo rage mode.

I guess I like the fact that they actually put Guren in a father sorta role here, but I think that would have been a more appropriate hint if it was placed in the first season, or much earlier in this second one? The timing is a bit too shoe horned, even if I don't think it's bad.

I also don't understand why Mika would bother taking so many other people if he never needed them in the first place.
Mar 20, 2017 12:32 AM
Feb 2017
ugghh anime getting annoying and predictable with those plot armors. Im considering dropping this anime but then, there's Mika and his story with Krul and also theres Crowley, so I'll continue watching because of them
May 5, 2017 11:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The tries so saves Guren by his time end bad.... Only Yu try to rescue, although takes too tablets, and hope he is not dead!!!!
Dec 3, 2017 7:21 AM

Jan 2013
Yes Yuu, let's take 2 pills since 1 pill worked out so great last time ^^
Apr 8, 2019 12:05 AM

Nov 2013
Crowley is still OP af. Guren and Shinya got their asses handed to them.

Looks like Guren is done for. R.I.P.

OH SHIT YUU WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Goddammit, Yuu went full retard. Just when I was starting to like him too.

I hope we learn more about the test subject. We keep hearing about it, but nothing ever comes of it.

Great episode tho. Had me on the edge of my seat despite its flaws.

8.5/10

Jul 13, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2019
Lol that was suicide, since Yuu is the main character he will come back alive in any way, and I don’t think Guren will die.
_fujoshiJul 13, 2020 4:00 PM
Aug 17, 2020 4:42 PM
Oct 2019
Kureto? More like Kurepsycho.

Yu was being a stupid, stubborn, little bitch. And then he popped those two pills and TOTALLY REDEEMED HIMSELF! Lol. The backstory with him and Guren bored me though.

I just can't get myself to care about the camp Queen's pet, Mika, anymore. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in whatever they're plotting. Just means that I don't care if he dies.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.