Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2015 2:19 PM
Nov 2015
Last night I woke up from a nightmare. In my dream, someone decided to make a sequel to my favorite childhood anime, Dragon Ball Z. After months of hype we got the first episode, which looked promising. But then the animation became worse and worse. Gohan was a wimp. The battles were shitty. A new SSJ transformation, which looked utterly retarded...

Few minutes later I realized that Dragon Ball Super is not just my imagination, its reality. I woke up screaming "nooooo" as my Dragon Ball Z poster fell of the wall. "Toriyama...that bastard" were the only words that came out of my mouth. I jumped quickly out of my bed and ran to my computer. I erased all the DBS episodes Ive downloaded from my computer. It doesnt exist. Dragon Ball Super doesnt exist.

Its exactly what happens when you try to milk the cow to death (Naruto and One Piece say hi). The result is a shit show which doesnt hold a candle to the previous installments. Seriously. There isnt one thing I like about this series, everything is just plain bad.

Do you agree? Should Toei Animation stop shitting on iconic franchises? Sailor Moon was their latest victim, now Dragon Ball. Im scared for Digimon tbh. Whos next? Yugioh? When will they realize its enough? Can and will someone stop them ever?

Mod Note: Moved from general Anime Discussion.
rodacNov 10, 2015 9:44 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
Stop being so emo and just ignore it.
Nov 10, 2015 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Just drop it, that's what I did.

Nov 10, 2015 2:23 PM

Mar 2014
Was Dragon Ball even good to begin with?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 10, 2015 2:23 PM
Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Yes. Its iconic after all.
Nov 10, 2015 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
noonecares91 said:
Comic_Sans said:
Not to me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 10, 2015 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Yes first DB (not dbz) had true adventure feel, better pacing, more variety of techniques less spaming, less 1 sided fights and less muscle-flexing flexing faggotry and so on.
Nov 10, 2015 2:29 PM
Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:
noonecares91 said:
Not to me

but to everyone else so shush

Jun 2014
Comic_Sans said:

The original Dragon Ball was pretty good, but Z was always overrated.

Jun 2014
Exowave said:
Comic_Sans said:

Yes first DB (not dbz) had true adventure feel, better pacing, more variety of techniques less spaming, less 1 sided fights and less muscle-flexing flexing faggotry and so on.

It was soooo funny too, the comedy was on point.
Nov 10, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
babymimi said:
Exowave said:

Yes it was certanly more perverted kind of comedy and less of
* oh he cant be that dumb and ignorant does he jokes*
Nov 10, 2015 2:34 PM
Nov 2015
Other people are enjoying it so stfu nazi
Nov 10, 2015 2:36 PM
Nov 2015
Randoll_ said:

Who are those people?
Nov 10, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
babymimi said:
Exowave said:

True
Nov 10, 2015 2:37 PM
Nov 2015
noonecares91 said:
Randoll_ said:

Who are those people?

those who matter
Nov 10, 2015 2:39 PM
Nov 2015
Randoll_ said:
noonecares91 said:

Who are those people?

those who matter

like who? answer my question
Nov 10, 2015 2:40 PM

Apr 2014
Supposedly it's redoing two of the DB movies, so maybe I'll just watch those at some point, and then continue whenever it gets past those... if that works. I don't know how much is going to be different in Super.
Nov 10, 2015 2:41 PM

May 2015
Yes, it's getting a bit tedious now.
Nov 10, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2015
1.YuGiOh is not even made by Toei.
2.No one force you to watch DBS so shut up.
3.What's that emo gif?
Nov 10, 2015 2:52 PM

Feb 2013
It's not that bad and the battle against Frieza will be better than the one against Beerus.
And who knows what kind of enemies will appear next.
Also Vegeta and Goku's training with Wiss is funny, that's Dragon Ball good material.
Nov 10, 2015 2:54 PM

Feb 2012
Nah mane it will be lit after all this stuff we've seen already finishes (Beerus and Freeza).

Just stay on it and dont sleep on Dbz fam.
Nov 10, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
badwolf45f said:
Exowave said:

Agree.

the first db holds pretty well even for today standards
everything in the anime started getting worst after the freeza saga in dbz and know they have this laughble idea of making a new cashgrab to ruin the franchyse
Nov 10, 2015 3:06 PM
Nov 2015
Ulquiorra said:
It's not that bad and the battle against Frieza will be better than the one against Beerus.
Also Vegeta and Goku's training with Wiss is funny, that's Dragon Ball good material.

The fact that DBS is just the extended version of the 2 movies...horrible
I was expecting a NEW series with NEW stuff we havent seen before
Nov 10, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
Maverik said:
What's that emo gif?

I envy this younger internet generation.

Then again, there's shit 20 times as bad now.
Nov 10, 2015 3:11 PM
Sep 2011
noonecares91 said:

That's my only beef with Super. I just watched the two movies which had a really nice budget, and now they decide that people need to watch them again with a completely cruddy budget?

They're practically handing the audience a means to criticize via comparison.

I'll take more Dragonball of any kind over a lot of the recent battle shounens, but if you're going to rehash a very recent story, at least improve it somehow. It's usually the TV show that gets redone as a theatrical upgrade, not the other way around.
Nov 10, 2015 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
No, just this thread.
Nov 10, 2015 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
It's just an attempt to keep the franchise alive, the franchise which ran out of palatable material long ago.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 10, 2015 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, am I the only one who is still enjoying it?

It's a children's anime and should be rated as such.
Nov 10, 2015 3:54 PM
Sep 2007
I am just holding onto the hope that the Universe 6 arc will be at least decent.
Nov 10, 2015 4:10 PM

Feb 2015
Dragon Ball Super is not bad, character's background is better by far.
Its problem is they didn't take into consideration iconic elements of DBZ: fighting speed and destruction caused by aura/attack.

Dragon Ball is famous because of its fights, but, when I watch DBS I find more interesting its story than its fights...it's very disappointing.
Their velocity level is "snail",their power level is "feather"
Nov 10, 2015 4:13 PM

Oct 2015
No, Dragon Ball Super is super
Nov 10, 2015 4:16 PM

Jun 2015
icarenot said:
No, Dragon Ball Super is super
Are you done? Good, Now Die!
Comic_Sans said:
Yes, Dragon Ball was awesome! So was Dragon Ball Z!
Read Toriko!
Nov 10, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2015
Nah I'm enjoying it for the most part. The poorly adapting of the movies is annoying, but after this is done it's over. Plus the actul new moments have been good. It's by no means amazing, but it's still fun enough/
Nov 10, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
I actually like it
Nov 10, 2015 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
Only if TORIKO replaces it.
Nov 10, 2015 6:00 PM

May 2014
No, it's an absolute fucking masterpiece and shit tasters can stay shit tasters
LittleGaoNov 10, 2015 6:08 PM
Nov 10, 2015 9:22 PM
Oct 2015
No it should be gone! DBZ had a great ending IMO and there wasn't any point to go on. Heck, DBGT really concluded the whole damn series even though it sucked so there's no point of reviving one of the greatest show ever made.
Nov 10, 2015 9:23 PM
Jan 2015
The anime is pretty bad, but the manga is good.
My Queens

Nov 10, 2015 9:25 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Pilaf and his subordinates should die off instead.....every scene of them are unnecessary.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 10, 2015 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
noonecares91 said:
Ulquiorra said:

I was expecting a NEW series with NEW stuff we havent seen before
Dragon Ball Super will go pass the movies, it isn't just extended versions of the two movies.

RioOba said:
No it should be gone! DBZ had a great ending IMO and there wasn't any point to go on.
Super is set before DBZ's ending. It doesn't go pass DBZ's ending.

Super has a lot of comedy and is lighthearted like the Buu saga which to me is a plus. The only thing that sucked in Super for me is the terrible animation in the SSJ3 Goku vs Beerus fight.
Nov 10, 2015 9:35 PM

Apr 2014
They should just let Madhouse animate it and it will be swell.
Nov 13, 2015 10:12 AM
Nov 2015
Come one guys. Is it really so bad? I didn't even start to watch this yet.
Nov 14, 2015 4:18 PM
Mar 2014
DBS is doing fine, if you think DBZ was any better you need to start watching DBZ again. DBZ was good only because of the nostalgia, there are tons of better anime than DBZ. I love DBZ and it's big part of my childhood. However Super is as 'good' as DBZ without nostalgia

Those who hate Super now would have hated DBZ if it was released in 2015 instead of 1989. DBZ hasn't aged well at all. If you have watched more animes you should know this by now. Just compare DBZ to the likes of Hunter X Hunter 2011

If you're a fan of Dragon Ball, just enjoy the show as it is. Because DBZ is no better if you take off nostalgia goggles. It had slower fights than Super
Nov 15, 2015 3:59 AM

Feb 2015
joseph619 said:
DBS is doing fine, if you think DBZ was any better you need to start watching DBZ again. DBZ was good only because of the nostalgia, there are tons of better anime than DBZ. I love DBZ and it's big part of my childhood. However Super is as 'good' as DBZ without nostalgia

Those who hate Super now would have hated DBZ if it was released in 2015 instead of 1989. DBZ hasn't aged well at all. If you have watched more animes you should know this by now. Just compare DBZ to the likes of Hunter X Hunter 2011

If you're a fan of Dragon Ball, just enjoy the show as it is. Because DBZ is no better if you take off nostalgia goggles. It had slower fights than Super

That's a stupid and extremely disrespectful statement. Of course there are better anime than DBZ, but it's still enjoyable to this day and aged much better than stuff like Saint Seiya. The fact that most battle shounen take inspiration from Dragon Ball shows how iconic and most importantly timeless it is.
Nov 15, 2015 6:23 AM
Mar 2008
It maybe shows how influencial DB Franchise was and still is but it doesnt automatically mean that it is excellent or even good at all. It is a piece of history, that can be a fact like the same way Lupin, Sailor Moon or Astro Boy are. But what it seems to me is that a lot of people (yeah, even you @Jonas. Correct me if i'm wrong) are mixing "influencial" and "own opinion" together as if they were necessarily included in one another. Forgetting that "influencial" can be/is a fact and "own opinion" can't/is not.
In the end that is what almost everybody gets when giving an honest opinion about DB Franchise, saying that it is not good (with own explanations) is intolerable by definition by little fans without giving a good reason. Just look at this thread alone, anybody can see examples of that. It is just a childish act with lot of nostalgia googles and nothing more. Rational is there nothing.
To some extent i have to agree with Joseph. Except i thing that DBS is actually worse than DBZ. Why? DBS has the same characters but doesnt have the feel of what made DBZ anywhere.
Nov 27, 2015 4:53 AM

Feb 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
It maybe shows how influencial DB Franchise was and still is but it doesnt automatically mean that it is excellent or even good at all. It is a piece of history, that can be a fact like the same way Lupin, Sailor Moon or Astro Boy are. But what it seems to me is that a lot of people (yeah, even you @Jonas. Correct me if i'm wrong) are mixing "influencial" and "own opinion" together as if they were necessarily included in one another. Forgetting that "influencial" can be/is a fact and "own opinion" can't/is not.
In the end that is what almost everybody gets when giving an honest opinion about DB Franchise, saying that it is not good (with own explanations) is intolerable by definition by little fans without giving a good reason. Just look at this thread alone, anybody can see examples of that. It is just a childish act with lot of nostalgia googles and nothing more. Rational is there nothing.
To some extent i have to agree with Joseph. Except i thing that DBS is actually worse than DBZ. Why? DBS has the same characters but doesnt have the feel of what made DBZ anywhere.

According to your logic everything will suck one day, because new stuf will come and try to surpass it. Also I watched DBZ like 3 years ago for the first time, so I don't have any nostalgic memories for it. At that point I've already seen the big 3 and some other shounen and I still enjoyed. The biggest flaw I found in DBZ was the pacing, which was mostly fixed in Dragon Ball Kai.
Nov 27, 2015 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
I dropped it at episode 1. I regret nothing. It was garbage and they should just replace the voice actors because gosh they are hurting my ears.

Jan 20, 2016 2:51 AM

Apr 2010
I'm going to watch it to a certain point even though I despise it and don't acknowledge it as the sequel of DBZ. I'm intrigued by the multi-verse concept, but the Super Saiyan God bullshit, the fact that they turn things that were considered serious in DBZ like Vegeta's pride into a joke are something that I will not consider a real part of the story. Much like DBGT, but GT wasn't as shockingly horrible as DBS is. At least GT gave us the epic SSJ4 transformation. And the art and the fight were relatively good. But DBS is just f**kin crap, it's one crappy animation after an another, and the fighting scenes, witch are one of the most important aspects of DB suck completely.
ZetsuboMadaraJan 20, 2016 2:55 AM
Oct 23, 2016 6:42 AM

May 2016
At the cost of sounding like a total hypocrite, I have to ask... what's so bad about DBS anyway?

I mean... the whole consept of DB was already fanfiction, carried by action and humor, minus the smut! It was simple enough for kids, and new in it's time, which's the main reasons why it's still so adored even in this very day, but let's be honest here... the black and white- movies with no sounds or effects were also new in their time too - some things just don't age well!

DBZ followed the fanfiction-trate, by giving even less story, and even more fights, but still airing early enough, to jump in that hype-train that DB left behind. It was still new in it's time, and even simpler for it's audience, giving it exactly what it wanted... by constantly listening the fans of what they wanted to see!

DBGT is mostly considered to be fanfiction already by the majority of the fans, so no need to throw rocks at here!

And now, the fans have DBS - equivalent for mega-evolutions in Pokemon - and now, instead of being grateful of what they finally got, they're actually angry and butthurt, for getting what they're been always enjoyed before, but just almost two decades later! Fans of this franchise don't care about the story or characters! They care about humor and action and powefantasy... and DBS delivers! The only two worth-mentioning- characters are now Gods for Gods sake! What more do they want?!

joseph619 said:

Exactly! DBS is mostly what it's predecessors were, looking at the action and the humor - it just aired too late!
"Watching a bad anime, is like watching your cat die - it's sad, it's painful, and it's never over too quickly." - Pahatar
Oct 23, 2016 6:49 AM

Dec 2010
Pahatar said:
And now, the fans have DBS - equivalent for mega-evolutions in Pokemon - and now, instead of being grateful of what they finally got, they're actually angry and butthurt, for getting what they're been always enjoyed before, but just almost two decades later! Fans of this franchise don't care about the story or characters! They care about humor and action and powefantasy... and DBS delivers! The only two worth-mentioning- characters are now Gods for Gods sake! What more do they want?!

I want something that's not fanservice ridden. Also, with NO ass-pulled poweups (like SSJ3, SSJB and Super Trunks), and NO idiotic fusions (I already disliked then on Z). So it's not that I'm hating it and would hate Z if it came out today. I'm hating that they're repeating their mistakes from Majin Boo saga, which is DAMN BORING.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 11 hours ago

5 by 1ElijahB »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.