3It was OK
14.5%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.3
62 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that was simple yet interestingly effective for its storytelling. Emanon is a girl that I find bizarre yet interesting. She and the MC has a connection and even after all this time, parts of the past returns with that message.

I hope the sequel shows more of her adventures though as I'm curious.
Oct 23, 2015 12:48 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
A very nice and relaxing read about reincarnation, and the idea of being a keeper of memories of the Earth and witnessing evolution. I think the takeaway thought is how fleeting time is. Thirteen years went by so quickly, even if the memory of that one day is still etched in the minds and heart of both characters. Tears came out when little Emamon told the man that she really liked him, and no matter how much time passes, he'll still be the same in her memory, and she won't ever forget him. It truly felt like a slice of life about a moment in time that had such an impact on you that you will remember forever.
Jan 12, 2016 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Nov 16, 2016 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
I previously thought this was going to be another over-hyped title but I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it in the end. I found the discussions between our two mains to be really engaging and meaningful.

Looking forward to reading the sequel in the future.
Mar 10, 2017 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
What is this ninth chapter supposed to be ? The post-face? I have no more comicbook pages after the last chapter.

@Kryptiq Sorry to disturb you, but do you know ?

@foscor70 Firstly, there are no "bad" or "good" ending to a story except when you're playing a game with multiple ends, only the conclusion intended by the author of the fiction (if everything goes right with the higher-ups of course).
Secondly, I'm not sure how you will be able to apply your reasoning on this work because it has no clear "goal" for some "hero" to achieve. It just presents you Emanon's being and shows you a fragment of her life through the eyes of someone who accidentally meets her. Through discussions about their respective lifes, to be more precise.

Have a good read.

@ChaosB One could also argue that Sasurai Emanon is at least as vain as Omoide, if not more.

March 29, 2018
_kukiyomenai said:
I feel sad it was really short.

Really? Within the few last pages, the author succeeded in diminishing his story (and the fantastic aspect) by slamming a single possible interpretation in the reader's face.
Anyway, there are more, the Sasurai Emanon I & II have been officially released in France (and in the USAs, I think). This series pushes things even further beyond the limits of the fantastic genre but could satisfy you.

June 17, 2019
@HungryForQuality Oh my... Be careful if you want to stay true to your name.
More seriously, the series of books following this one is based on the Emanon later novels, that were made more due to the success of the original one than a real inspiration. You can feel (especially in the first book of this series) how much Emanon was not thought to be a series.
HungryForQuality said:
More of Emanon's experiences would intrigue me. Is that a bad thing? :)

Of course not, on the contrary ! I shared those exact thoughts... before I stumbled upon the second book's "marrow" (past the great coloured prologue). It's probably just me who can't digest the idea of blending some intrigue into this kind of fiction. For context, I read up to Zoku Sasurai Emanon (or "Mirages of Emanon" in french).
(since my posts tend to be quite big, I don't think quoting is the right thing to do ^^")

April 9th, 2023
gannoncannon55 said:
wish it had just wrapped up nicely and been a standalone rather than continuing
It was initially a standalone short story. What is awaiting if you continue is needless "lore" and zooms on moments in certain Emanons lifes, plus some weird supernatural character addition, but no continuation of this short story.

Rei_IIIApr 9, 2023 7:52 AM
Oct 19, 2017 9:39 AM

Jan 2017
What a great story. I happened to come across this manga while searching for titles to complete the 2017 Manga Reading Challenge and I'm so glad I did stumble across it. The art work was stunning and story was a nice reminder to treasure each special moment of life. My only complaint is that I wish it were longer as it seemed like an abrupt ending to me. Overall though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

im weeb trash

Jan 4, 2018 5:50 PM

Nov 2016
Well I already expected this to be interesting,but it surpassed my expectations,very captivating read and something to think about.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2018 4:25 AM

Feb 2017
Rei366 said:
What is this ninth chapter supposed to be ? The post-face? I have no more comicbook pages after the last chapter.

@foscor70 Firstly, there are no "bad" or "good" ending to a story except when you're playing a game with multiple ends, only the conclusion intended by the author of the fiction (if everything goes right with the higher-ups of course).
Secondly, I'm not sure how you will be able to apply your reasoning on this work because it has no clear "goal" for some "hero" to achieve. It just presents you Emanon's being and shows you a fragment of her life through the eyes of someone who accidentally meets her. Through discussions about their respective lifes, to be more precise.

Have a good read.
oh thx i thought it was some love story or something like that.

Feb 1, 2018 5:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a surprise, i thought it will be worst, but was cool!!!
The plot, the best, because the interest and the mystery if this girl is true or false, this expectation was around the half of the chapters!!!
Apr 16, 2018 8:00 AM

Mar 2016
Emanon is very seductive, I think that really 'sells' her story, both to us and our main character. Definitely a product of its time (story-wise), there is an undoubtedly nostalgic and romantic feeling here. A moment in time, over time. Very beautiful and a tad sad, it definitely evoked the mood it was going for.

A nice quick read, I'm not a huge manga reader, but this one uses panels , images and text very effectively.
syncrogazerApr 16, 2018 9:22 AM
Nov 8, 2018 1:18 PM

Oct 2012
Absolutely stunning - it was a really great read which provokes you to think on many different topics.

Omoide emanon told us about complex topics in an enjoyable way without failing hard and that's worth commending it with it's humble total of ~160 pages of content.

A strong 9/10 mostly for a reason that it's too short for getting a 10/10. The content is certainly worth being a masterpiece for a one shot type of story, no doubt about it.

Short read without going too heavily in depth and taking it easier is probably part of it's charm though, wouldn't give the same feeling if it started getting more complex.
Dec 26, 2018 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
A fantastic concept with a rather boring execution, as usual. I don't understand why immortal beings are always the same in fiction. They are either sardonic douches viciously seeking death...or people that in accepting their condition become completely mundane and dull with that vague sense of ambiguous wisdom that sustains itself only as long as everyone else around them are less interesting than they are.
Mar 28, 2019 11:48 PM

Dec 2013
I actually like how the story is very unusual and unique and I like Emanon's personality although I feel sad it was really short.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 17, 2019 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty great ending. I'll be sure to read the sequels.
Jun 17, 2019 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Rei366 said:

Have a good read.

@ChaosB One could also argue that Sasurai Emanon is at least as vain as Omoide, if not more.

March 29, 2018
_kukiyomenai said:
I feel sad it was really short.

Really? Within the few last pages, the author succeeded in diminishing his story (and the fantastic aspect) by slamming a single possible interpretation in the reader's face.
Anyway, there are more, the Sasurai Emanon I & II have been officially released in France (and in the USAs, I think). This series pushes things even further beyond the limits of the fantastic genre but could satisfy you.

June 17, 2019
@HungryForQuality Oh my... Be careful if you want to stay true to your name.
More seriously, the series of books following this one is based on the Emanon later novels, that were made more due to the success of the original one than a real inspiration. You can feel (especially in the first book of this series) how much Emanon was not thought to be a series.

Yeah it was likely meant to be rather open ended and I do respect that approach. Still I'm curious to see more and I shall judge them accordingly. More of Emanon's experiences would intrigue me. Is that a bad thing? :)
Jul 30, 2019 11:04 PM

Jun 2015
It was very interesting and unique.
:)
Jul 20, 2020 6:57 PM

Mar 2020
This was depressing. Seeing the dude grow old and lonely like that hit me in the feels. Stories about the universe and time always give me this melancholy feeling.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 16, 2021 2:20 PM
Jul 2019
Hey hey hey it was a nice feels like I'm reading my english textbook lol
Mar 25, 2022 11:04 AM

Jul 2021
unique storytelling used here and it's very touching imo. 9/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 19, 2022 10:53 PM

Oct 2017
This was short but very unique.
Oct 22, 2022 12:19 AM

May 2021
Slightly less than average manga, was I supossed to cry, to wonder about life and the meaning of our existence, about time and love? Well, this didnt make me feel anything and it was just dull, it wasnt bad but didnt let a lasting effect on me nor anything, plot feel repetitive for some reason, isnt the 1st time a character like Emanon exist, so I wasnt surprised too much. Definitely a not worth reading manga, 4/10.
Dec 24, 2022 6:22 PM
Oct 2020
Why didn't Emanon( Ema )  marrried the Narrator i don't get it she just could have stayed with him and also have a kid ??????
Apr 8, 2023 6:16 PM

Dec 2022
pretty heavy, touched upon some of the deeper "big questions" of science and science fiction, wish it had just wrapped up nicely and been a standalone rather than continuing

More topics from this board

» nice read, but…

keinboesewicht - Feb 12

3 by keinboesewicht »»
Feb 14, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Omoide Emanon Chapter 1 Discussion

Ruemia - Jun 16, 2016

10 by Jinx_Araragi »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Omoide Emanon Chapter 3 Discussion

KashKetchum - Nov 16, 2016

5 by Komlan_6 »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Omoide Emanon Chapter 2 Discussion

4 by Komlan_6 »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Omoide Emanon Chapter 8 Discussion

2 by CQLLIST »»
Mar 25, 2022 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.