Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 18, 2015 9:51 PM

Apr 2014
Epic goty 10/10 :v
Oct 18, 2015 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Perfect to describe this show. First time I watch something like this uncensored. Everything's so lewd, I feel absolutely lesbian after every episode, lol.
Not sure how I feel about all the fanservice and such yet though, but I can't say I thoroughly dislike it. Don't know how to explain, lmfao.

Mirei is such a prince. That kiss was so lewd, lol.
Can't believe Mirei is 15 years old, you've gotta be fucking kidding me.

I like the ending. It's fun :p
Oct 19, 2015 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
BASED YURI. This is actually pretty hot
Oct 19, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, pretty much all of the girls aside from Mamori and Mirei are cunts.

Fucking butler girl kept calling Mamori Virgin...was waiting for Mamori to pull a Heisenberg and be like motherfucker say my name.

If Mamori rejected an A-class that means her and Mirei have to be stupid OP. I wonder if that "Welter" class of girls are above A, or if she can just flat out reject everybody.

I like how calm and cool Mirei is, but I kind of wish she talked more. God Onii-sama taught me that you can be cool, collected, stoic, and OP as fuck...but still be able to hold a conversation.

Bet you that mecha pilot jizzed his pants when Mirei's camel toe came flying down on his camera. I cant believe she's only 15. Clearly they weren't even subtle about joking about it when they showed off her body as she said that lol.

Also, we can see that Mirei's former Exter partner was that girl with blue hair. And from the PVs and OP, she'll be on Mermaid as well. Wonder how that reunion will go.

ramenshoujo said:

Yuri is supposed to be about the feels. Never thought I'd say this but male-gaze stuff is sickening. The action seems alright though so I'll give it one more episode.

I'm just going to assume that you don't know this, so I'll enlighten you and help you out.

Yuri is almost always associated with the more sexual ecchi aspects of female love.

Shoujo Ai is usually the more romance/lovey-dovey emotional aspect.

So really what you mean to say is Shoujo Ai is all about the feels. But this show is heavily based on yuri so that's not a problem.

Shoujo Ai = Sakura Trick
Yuri = Gokujo, This show

Not to say you cant have both though, like Strawberry Panic, Yuru Yuri (to a light, comedic extent) and others.
Oct 19, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2014
I was really hoping Virgin would be raped, tortured and killed in this episode. Disappointing.
Oct 19, 2015 4:04 AM

Jun 2014
Jonesy974 said:

I'm just going to assume that you don't know this, so I'll enlighten you and help you out..

Also, as it implies. Shoujo ai is romance between young girls. Yuri can be sensual/non sexual romance between adults.
Oct 19, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, this is even trashier than Prison School. Neither are boring though, which is a plus.

4/5
Oct 19, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
a weddin huh? what a blow to her ego her techniques doesn't work lol
Oct 19, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2011
Hmm...this episode is certainly pleasing to my eyes.

Oct 19, 2015 1:28 PM
May 2013
I LOOOOOVEEEEEEE THE OP!!!!!!
Oct 19, 2015 3:03 PM

May 2012
ramenshoujo said:
Holy hell I don't think I can stomach another uncensored episode. I've never been so glad to see bright lights and black bars in my life.

Yuri is supposed to be about the feels. Never thought I'd say this but male-gaze stuff is sickening. The action seems alright though so I'll give it one more episode.

This anime is made with male audience in mind. If you are expecting it to have a pure shiny love i would advise you to drop it. This anime is about fanservice and and girls with big boobs touching each other in lewd ways and i have to say...the anime is delivering it. XD

I know some people were expecting to see that nice yuri romance, but that's not the premise here. It can be disappointing, but the anime at least shows its true colors right from the beginning so people can't even say they were fooled.

Edit: Now i see you already got tons of responses. If you liked the action (which were not that great) or the ecchi parts (they were great), it won't be a waste to keep watching it even without the romance, but if you can't stand the ecchi scenes you'll be bored very fast.
KaeUBWOct 19, 2015 3:27 PM
I despise woke people.
Oct 19, 2015 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
Aside from the body proportions, I don't know why this is just to male audiences. It's not like lesbians have only romantic sex.

And males in general don't like lesbians, they only like some girl-on-girl action or bisexual women at most to fantasy themselves enjoying the girls. If there isn't any male character to represent them, they don't have fun to the fullest.

I mean, search for Queen's Blade fanfictions. An anime with a cast full of girls, but in all the few fanfictions, the authors go out of the way to create male characters.

Plus, after this episode 2, the romance aspect is just growing, clearly. There's the heavy ecchi part, but it not hides the feelings.
Oct 19, 2015 9:35 PM

May 2014
I like how the forums for this show have more drama than the episodes so far.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Oct 20, 2015 12:42 AM

May 2012
Forever_A said:
Aside from the body proportions, I don't know why this is just to male audiences. It's not like lesbians have only romantic sex.

And males in general don't like lesbians, they only like some girl-on-girl action or bisexual women at most to fantasy themselves enjoying the girls. If there isn't any male character to represent them, they don't have fun to the fullest.

I mean, search for Queen's Blade fanfictions. An anime with a cast full of girls, but in all the few fanfictions, the authors go out of the way to create male characters.

Plus, after this episode 2, the romance aspect is just growing, clearly. There's the heavy ecchi part, but it not hides the feelings.

It's not just for males, but the target audience is obviously males.
I despise woke people.
Oct 20, 2015 12:47 AM

Nov 2012
KazuhoYoshii said:

Agree. Only one negative post about the show and people are acting offended. Just shut up and respect other people's opinion.
Oct 20, 2015 1:23 AM

Dec 2014
I think my opinion on this show has changed. I still think it's bad but it's entertainingly bad which makes it a good type of bad. Example being Chaos Dragon which was just boring bad and that's a bad kind of bad. This is like a 4 or a 5 maybe even a 6 if it actually gets somewhat of a story going. Watch me end up giving this a 10/10 at the end of the season lol.
Oct 20, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2014
This looks like it might be interesting. The animation appears to be good plus the battles are animated. So far I haven't seen a still frame, That's usually a good sign. The absolute worst thing is the Light-saber censorship, I should be used to it, but is a blight on the work of the entire production staff and the Original Creator. I know, let's use the same idea to censor all of the great works of Art from Michelangelo to Picasso. In fact, we should dress all attractive women in head-to-toe Burkas lest, Hitchens Preserve us, they have a wardrobe malfunction and have a nip slip. In case you can't tell I am being extremely sarcastic. I find censorship to be the most offensive and irrational acts of human beings besides War and Religion. The Human body is not an object of evil. It cannot lead people to commit acts of violence. Instead, it is the minds of Human Beings which lead one to act in ways that are considered by some to be animalistic which completely ignores the fact that animals are close cousins to us and that we Humans are the worst animal out of any group of animals that has ever lived.People need to be better educated, so that censorship will cease defaming works of art no matter what their subject matter contains.
Oct 20, 2015 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
I can't handle the tits truth!
Can a fifteen-year old have a body like that?
Hahahaha.
stray_catOct 20, 2015 8:08 AM
Oct 20, 2015 9:26 AM

Mar 2010
I like this show quite much. There isn't much of a story yet but there is alot of PLOT so I we don't have a shortage of that. The only bug problem I have is that Miss Virgin is a little bit annoying, but aside from that i think this will be a fun ride.
Oct 20, 2015 9:32 AM
Dec 2014
I'm upset with Funimation for streaming the censored version of this when there is an uncensored version airing in japan. It is not one of those cases when we have to wait for the dvd/blue-ray release. It's disappointing when the fansubbed version is superior to the official release. I sent @Funimation an angry tweet about this and I would encourage everyone else to do the same.
Oct 20, 2015 5:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Tokonome so far is annoying af.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 20, 2015 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
It's my fault what I wrote earlier was interpreted differently than what I meant. Certainly, I am not siding with her at all, but even if the other person was throwing insults and rude remarks, it doesn't make the discussion thread any better if people think it's perfectly fine to do the same thing back because they've been provoked. I don't want this squabble to repeat itself on the next episode discussion when a similar post comes up again.

Mod Edit: Quote of deleted derail removed. Slight derail edited.
rodacOct 22, 2015 12:14 AM
Oct 21, 2015 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
lx4 said:
I'm upset with Funimation for streaming the censored version of this when there is an uncensored version airing in japan. It is not one of those cases when we have to wait for the dvd/blue-ray release. It's disappointing when the fansubbed version is superior to the official release. I sent @Funimation an angry tweet about this and I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Their is a Uncensored version of Episode 2 with Subs?
Oct 21, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
15 huh... lol

pretty good, though i hope the transformation scene will be faster in the future, ecchi series or not just like i don't want to watch the full transformation in a magical girl anime every time.

so if i understood the scene before the op right, because she couldn't kill the soldier she was caught off guard, hit and the fusion ended and her partner was taken
Oct 21, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
Good yuri is GOOD.

Also, the age thing was funny .. hehe.
Oct 21, 2015 10:58 PM

May 2014
Zuihou said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

Agree. Only one negative post about the show and people are acting offended. Just shut up and respect other people's opinion.

Well, if you hit a hornet's nest, stuff is gonna happen. Try this with any other reasonably popular fandom on MAL and expect a dogpile.

That said, I think the majority of people having problems with this show decided to pick it up without knowing what it was about, or even the genre.

I generally watch at least one PV and gloss over the info on the MAL page before trying out one ep. As long as you are not new to anime, there are plenty of "red flags" in the [2 minute] PV/info that would have saved you from the horror of seeing 24 minutes of ecchi.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Oct 22, 2015 12:21 AM

Jan 2011
Mod note: Numerous derails removed--some verging on abuse. Keep your discussion focused on the episode and series, not other users. I have retained some posts that skirt the issue of the derail if only because they talk about how discussion should take place in a thread or they address the issue of people finding a show is either more ecchi than they expected, or the balance of sexuality/romance is different.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 23, 2015 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
Didn't like the episode. Unlike the first episode which was better in my opinion. Gonna probably continue anyway. Don't like to drop series especially if they are short I always think I might as well see the whole thing.
Oct 23, 2015 8:32 AM
Oct 2015
CrotakuShinobi said:
How the hell can she be 15??!!

They made such a big deal of it that I'm convinced it's a plot point. I wonder if the virus causes girls to age a bit quickly.
Oct 23, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2014
I'm just waiting for the real plot to kick in. 3/5
Oct 23, 2015 9:14 AM
Oct 2015
HandsomeMan said:
ramenshoujo said:
I'll carry on watching with the censors and hopefully the action will stay alright.

There are plenty of better anime out there that focus on action.... [Although] I personally am interested in the world and story behind valkyrie drive, that never came first not for the writers nor producers of the show.

The thing about the ecchi in this show is that it is NOT gratuitous; it's central to the very well put together plot.

There are all sorts of little details that push the ecchi beyond mere eye candy.

One example: The little subbie who is Saijima's (eyepatch) Exter in Merei and Mamori's first episode arena duel.

When Mamori objects to Saijima's treatment of the girl (does anyone have a name for her?) she says, "Don't get any strange ideas; this is a necessary ritual. Otherwise, she can't get aroused." (And then, after the meek little Exter transitions to her formidable if ridiculous Arm form, Saijima adds, "Not bad for a slut who'll do anyone!")

Skip to Ep 2, where Mamori gets "married", that is, is introduced to a "trainer" who will Drive her to check compatibility. When Mamori rejects her advances, she gets the same crazed look in her eyes that Saijima had, if not quite so strongly. "My techniques don't work," she says, hurt and angry. "So that's how your body works? Then I'll have to excite you in a different way...a form of pleasure called pain!"

This makes it clear that Saijima' Exter is not necessarily a "Hardcore masochist," she's likely a gentle, straight girl like Mamori, only more so, who didn't respond to lesbian rape. She's been given to a monster like Saijima, then abused and passed around to like minded sadists. It's not that she can't get aroused; it's that she doesn't want to be, not like this.

Also, that "trainers" are not teachers of fighting technique; they break girls who don't submit properly. (I wonder how Liberators are found.)

The show is full of little jolts like this; nothing is simple, nothing is straightforward.

This is an island full of middle and high school girls, taken against their will, with nothing to do but fight and screw. The atmosphere is poisonous.

If you are lucky enough to find a partner you can trust, especially if you're the Exter, good.

Otherwise, your life is unending misery and boredom, sparked with violent lust and battle for no good end--except if you don't fight, either another mated paid kills you, or the virus does.

(I really, really hope that when Mirei broke S's Exter, that it implied freeing her, and not killing her. I hope we find out. I note that the pair that Mirei and Mamori fought on the beach are the ones who beat Mirei in the basement cell, so losing a battle while in Drive doesn't necessarily mean death. But what if Seijima had smashed Mamori's head in before Mirei's rescue? Seijima's eyepatch suggests that these fights have consequences, as do punishments exacted when not in Drive.)

Which is awful, if that's all this show is about, and I'll feel slimy for watching it and supporting it.

But I suspect that this is the slavery that Mirei came to Mermaid to break. This is not some external enemy being fought, nor empty academy matches. This is a real fight for freedom and dignity, and I'm enthralled.

The characters aren't cardboard cutouts, either.

And! And! Boobs with nipples! Yuri sex! Love and hate and romance and lust!

For cheap thrills, this show delivers like no other I've ever watched.

This is no Spartacus, but it ain't bad, and I'll take yuri ecchi over chariot races any day of the week.

(The best part? No spineless males constantly apologizing to girls for stuff the girl herself caused. I hate that, and if it keeps up in Cavalry, the other show I'm watching this season, it's gonna be dropped.)
backshelfOct 23, 2015 9:22 AM
Oct 23, 2015 9:24 AM
Oct 2015
One small detail they missed: when Mirei is being punished, the stick being used on her leaves no marks. Either the art director got squeamish, or Mirei has a very tough hide.
Oct 23, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2008
the art level for this anime is much more erotic than a normal hentai anime especially when compared to a old school h-anime...hahaha!
so Mirei is younger than Tokonome!? unbelievable!
5/5.

Oct 24, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2013
Deadhouse said:
I gave this anime 2 episodes chance hoping that will be at least something more than just a mere virgin kids pleaser anime but i was wrong. And that virgin is so damn annoying. Have your fun virgins, dropped.

HxH, Gintama, and Fairy Tail...and you're going to talk about virgin anime? pft.
Oct 24, 2015 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
Apparently my brain is late to the party. Just realized after rewatching the raw that the big boob girl with the glasses taking bets in the first episode is actually the super tiny flat chested cow girl who helps Mirei.
Oct 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not a fan of this show but I've pledged never to drop a series and follow it to the end of its cour (haven't done every single Teekyuu because ffs that's a new series ever season and I can't be bothered). But there are some anime which has so much boob in it that you have to think, "what even is the point of censoring this? It just makes half the show into white beams of light and that's all you see for large portions of the action sequences"
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 25, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
Another insipid and silly episode, if you are not fans of the genre. If instead you are loved like that then things change. ASD
Anyway ... narratively they could solve everything in seconds, instead of lost time to show tits and ass at random, seasoning it all with a really pathetic nastiness from the bad guys, just to show us to the end of the birth of the couple tiny girl stupid but good and the bad girl with a tender heart. Oh well! At least it was good the rest, however even that is worth noting. I would like to know how to invent certain anime. LOL
Oct 27, 2015 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
This is basically soft-hentai... but action is actually decent.

Note: "action" has more than one meaning ;)

15 lol, yea, sure... doesn't matter, drawings...
Oct 28, 2015 12:15 PM
Aug 2011
Tits McGee is 15.
Prepubescent McGee is 16.
Thank you Valkyrie Drive. :')
Nov 11, 2015 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Too bad, Funimation has sub this series in censored version.

Which is pointless as hell. This series is fully echii driven. Not half fanservice half story just full blown echii. So what is the point of showing some censor version that basically hides everything the series is about?
Nov 11, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
Deadhouse said:
I gave this anime 2 episodes chance hoping that will be at least something more than just a mere virgin kids pleaser anime but i was wrong. And that virgin is so damn annoying. Have your fun virgins, dropped.

You have a right to dislike it but are you projecting something something with all your virgin anguish? Did no girl wanted to touch your pipi?
Dec 15, 2015 5:46 PM

Feb 2014
HandsomeMan said:
ramenshoujo said:
I'll carry on watching with the censors and hopefully the action will stay alright.

There are plenty of better anime out there that focus on action. Since you're ignorant, I will tell you more about this show. The creators behind senran kagura decided to do another "lewd" project, and the "story and action" was just an excuse / enforced by their producers because they didn't allow them to do just "yuri heavy ecchi scenes" for no reason, so they had to implement things like fighting scenes and proper plot. And although I personally am interested in the world and story behind valkyrie drive, that never came first not for the writers nor producers of the show. So like numerous people already told you - go find another show for yourself to cater to your demographic / "action needs" / whatever.

THIS^^^

Im a female and I like the action but watch for the dirty B)
Dec 15, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 2014
Oh and, we all have to admit, even those who think its too lewd, the opening song is fucking great.
Dec 19, 2015 10:54 AM
Aug 2015
Well, at the beginning I thought that the loli was twelve(which bothered me a lot) and the other girl was like 18. But whatever. For the people who expected something about deep feelings or the meaning of life - the Ecchi tag just showed me what to expect and I was not suprised at all (the seemingly low ratings helped too , lol). Although some anti - LGBT people would say that gay/lesbian relationship/cuddling is exactly like that girl, who tried to make out with Tokonome, said - falling in trance and losing your soul.

P.S. This isn't the only time in which I have seen a character that looks way too mature for his age. Does someone remember Chad from Bleach?
Boby9380Dec 19, 2015 11:19 AM
Dec 30, 2015 5:37 AM
Jul 2015
One thing I was wondering: did Mamori say she went to "Sakuragaoka High School"? Does that mean she went to the same high school as the K-On girls? (as I remember, K-On was set near Tokyo, even if the scenery is all from Toyosato, but I could be wrong).
May 14, 2016 12:57 PM

Feb 2014
Nice, tongue kiss.
Oct 17, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2014
FontSize72LOL said:
ramenshoujo said:
Holy hell I don't think I can stomach another uncensored episode. I've never been so glad to see bright lights and black bars in my life.

Oh boy... [i]*Inhales slowly*[/i], I'm about to be a bit callous here so bear with me.

>Male-Gaze
Get that "Check your privledge" Tumblr shit out of here. This is an anime about T&A, Yuri T&A at that, It was quite obvious if you took 5 minutes out of your day to do a little research before starting the show so comming in and saying "UGH MALE-GAZE STUFF IS SICKENING" is just fucking uncalled for. There is a thing called Demographics, and this show is obviously not for yours.

[/i]*Exhales*[/i]

Anyway, This show is fucking comedy gold. hahaha, wow..

Someone got angry? LOL! Calm down you're making the Ecchi goodness taste bad. Pink haired girl is a control freak and has declared them enemies because she couldn't have them how sad. The other girl got "Johnny Caged" in the stomach.

The wedding dress looks kinda too innocent but that's Japanese for you I guess. The Ecchi was nice but the action went down a notch. 4/5
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 28, 2016 8:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
That was some nice uncensoring action once again, that said I wanted the other girl to take some more time in arriving, I mean things were getting very lewd.
It is not like she was gonna be raped, justed tested for compatibility issues!!

She is only 15y, that was funny, even I was surprised.
Dec 27, 2016 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
Holy Mirei.

Holy guacamole. Look at them titties. LMAO

Loving the HLA scenes.

Holy crap. Mirei is 15. LAWD JESUS!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 29, 2017 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
15 YEARS OLD
Virgin-chan is a high class weapon and rejects the trainer btch and mirei comes to the rescue.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

221 by CosmicGirl »»
Apr 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

48 by BlueBullet178 »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by BlueBullet178 »»
Jan 24, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

47 by Der_Igelkott »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by badabass »»
Sep 23, 2023 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.