Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the episode felt pretty meh except in terms of the music...(I think that might be the highlight of the first episode)

But overall, it was more of an intro episode. I hope we learn much more about the main guys soon. Decent animation though along with their school uniforms. I think that might of been another highlight but the story itself just got started so maybe we'll learn more about what else is to come soon. These eyes...

Stark700Oct 7, 2015 9:28 AM
Oct 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting musical piece for this ep.'s OP. Yami no Hanayome (闇の花嫁)" by Grimoire ensemble. And I'm more and more liking Hatano-san's OP (ED for this ep.) when listening more times.

I need to remember that this anime is before DLMB, not after, next time.
tsubasaloverOct 7, 2015 12:09 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
Well, it was quite meh and there are some clichés in the episode.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 7, 2015 10:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
If it wasn't for Ritsuka's pendant, this sure would've turned into Diabolik Lovers 2.0. Pretty funny how Rem's attempt to accost her failed. So much for his ulterior motive.

One thing I don't get is that, Rem seems to be concerned about some students being devil worshippers, but in their theme song, they're pretty much telling you to do just that. Are they not devils themselves? I sense hypocrisy..

Anyways, not too bad of a start, but not that good either. I hope we see her mom again later on.

Oct 7, 2015 10:21 AM

Feb 2015

Better than I expected. I was prepared for another Diabolik Lovers.
Nice Engrish at the start. All that singing caught me off guard but it was nice. Glad the heroine is not a complete doormat like in a lot of reverse harems.

Not the hair style of death!

SchwingBonerOct 7, 2015 10:27 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2015 10:40 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Heeeeeeeeey It's a musical!!!!!!!! hahahaha

first High School Star Musical now this...... well I don't mind but lol what's this? xDDD

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 7, 2015 10:51 AM

Sep 2014
SheyCroix said:
Heeeeeeeeey It's a musical!!!!!!!! hahahaha

first High School Star Musical now this...... well I don't mind but lol what's this? xDDD

Hahaa yeah! I was about to say!

But the first 2 song/music was HEAVEN!!!! It sounded amazing!!!!
Oct 7, 2015 10:57 AM

Sep 2008
i dont care for the musicial in the anime its kinda weird to me and my taste. But overall its okay, lets see what will happen in the 2nd episode.
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Oct 7, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
I normally skip shojo-anime with a reverse harem. But watching the atmosphere of the beginning roped me in, and the musical part was unexpectedly refreshing along with the soundtrack. Guess I'll stick with this for a few more eps until it starts to turn me off.

Could have done without the visual-kei character designs, but I guess that's what the target demographic likes.

A freaking musical anime. Who saw that coming!?
Estoy_GordoOct 7, 2015 11:41 AM
Oct 7, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2010
Really like the singing part of this show. Will give this one a chance.
Oct 7, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
Kerozinn said:

Agree, this really caught me off guard. I was expecting some bad reverse harem but i hope i am wrong.
Oct 7, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
I came in with absolute Diabolik Lovers level expectations... so I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing even remotely amazing, but better than expected. Hopefully Ritsu stays interesting and not an empty shell like more reverse harem leads.

I always laugh when people start singing but despite that, the musical aspect wasn't so bad. Not as cringeworthy as High School Star Musical.

And.... is there an onii-chan ship I spot?!?! Mwahaha. All aboard!
Oct 7, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
Well its the longer musical version of Diabolik Lovers!

All in all, I like Ritsuka! She is a strong, outspoken female character! The guys are all nice to look at including her supposed brother, Lindo. Speaking of, Why the hell does he look like Ayato in Diabolik Lovers?

All in all a decent first episode. Definitely can see the resemblance to DL, but at least these are full length episodes. Haven't chosen a favorite yet, but I knew that dog she picked up at the end was going to be one of the guys!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
This... is an original anime right? The beginning part felt awfully like something out of Rejet games (and I'm not referring to Diabolik Lovers). Nice, though!

When the guys start singing that student council song, it reminds me of High School Star Musical... O.O creepy

Edit : Nevermind, just found out this is produced by Rejet...
Ioryogi-kunOct 7, 2015 12:26 PM
Oct 7, 2015 12:21 PM

Feb 2015
I hope those songs were just for this episode. The music is good but I don't think the musical thing works that well.
Oct 7, 2015 12:25 PM

Nov 2007
devinder said:
I hope those songs were just for this episode. The music is good but I don't think the musical thing works that well.

There are different musical songs in each eps. Official site only revealed the titles for this ep. for the musical collection soundtrack now (probably revealing the titles as each eps. aired).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
People said that this would be a lot like Diabolik Lovers, so I was expecting to hate this right off the bad, it's actually not terrible. That said, it's not great either. 3/5, generic. Will probably wait a few more episodes to see if it's worth watching or not.
Oct 7, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
was actually better than i expected after diabolik... loved the insert songs, gave it a theatre feel. Plot seems generic, but its still watchable.

Oct 7, 2015 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
Came into this thinking it was only going to be 12 minute or so long episodes like Diabolik Lovers so I was happy it was a normal length.

I personally thought it could do without the little musicals at the start but hey thats just me, I did like the music though.

I like the female MC. I like a lead who can stand their own and hope she continues to, unlike Yui from DL,.

Has a bit of potential - will have to see where it goes.
Oct 7, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
I am really surprised by how much I liked this episode. Usually I don't like anime where the MC's are singing, but in this the songs were great, and also the story fascinates me. I will certainly continue to watch this, maybe it will turn into something GREAT.
Oct 7, 2015 1:01 PM
Mar 2010
Wow, better than I expected! Ritsuka's not a doormat (at least for now). That's a good thing already. And the guys seem creepy but not like DiaLovers which I just can't stand (no offense, this is just me).

I can't wait for more.

P.S Why does every new show aimed at females get such a poor ranking? That's not fair.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 7, 2015 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
If isn't for Ritsuka's pendant, she will get into troubles.

We got devils.
Oct 7, 2015 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
I hate reverse harems but this was... actually good? I liked the music too, when anime songs tend to be terrible. What's happening? Is this an alternate universe?
Oct 7, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2011
Didn't realize this was a musical. I like the singing anyway much to my surprise. Thank god the heroine is not brain dead like most reverse harem leads. The male cast is decent and at least more tolerable than a certain vampire one. 4/5 for this episode
Oct 7, 2015 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
i actually have hope for this heroine
Oct 7, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
I hope this to be a good reverse harem, please!
Oct 7, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2010
SchwingBoner said:

Better than I expected. I was prepared for another Diabolik Lovers.
Nice Engrish at the start. All that singing caught me off guard but it was nice. Glad the heroine is not a complete doormat like in a lot of reverse harems.

Not the hair style of death!

OMG the holy hair of death, how can i not realise Ritsuka's mom was part of the clan!
And YES . u guys / girls have no idea how freaking thankful i was becoz Ritsuka actually HAS a personality , unlike freaking doormats / livestocks(iykwim) in like 99% of reverse harem animes *facepalm.jpg*
Oct 7, 2015 2:10 PM
Mar 2013
Seems pretty good so far.
This series caught my eye a few seasons back when it was announced but I completely forgot about it until now. Isn't this an anime original?
Oct 7, 2015 2:14 PM
Aug 2013
DX5536 said:
Kerozinn said:

Agree, this really caught me off guard. I was expecting some bad reverse harem but i hope i am wrong.

Same!! I enjoyed the singing a bit, so I'll give this a chance.
Oct 7, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
Nice music. But just that. The season so far is a huge dissapointment.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 7, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty watchable in a female teen urban fantasy sort of way if you skip over the retarded musical parts.
Oct 7, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2015
MC seem nice, animation and music were a surprise. I don't like harems but this one seem to have a plot...
Oct 7, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Lol it's a musical x)

Hirakawa Daisuke's character did not fit his voice at all...
Oct 7, 2015 2:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I liked that song in the very beginning, it was a good set up for what's to come. Definitely a good attention grabber. The musical feeling was only in the first half of the episode though, the two musical sequences were enjoyable, albeit it felt kind of random.

Ritsuka is a very likable female MC so far, unlike your usual soft-spoken, pushover reverse harem MCs. I think this could be as enjoyable as Kamigami no Asobi, especially with the musical aspect, which I haven't seen in any other anime. Also, I loooove Saito Soma, so happy to see him as the main MC (the more main one is what I mean).
Oct 7, 2015 2:30 PM

May 2015
I thought Disney had something to do with the first half they sang out of nowhere lmao story seems pretty good though
Oct 7, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2011
I'm actually really impressed. That's how low my expectations were going into this series.

- English introduction shows some effort on the director's part
- no talking mascot-esque character yet, though I'm pretty sure it's the dog
- an actual plot (for now) --> I like that Rem lied about the reason she was called --> knowledge is hidden from MC
- girl is not a pushover - can question and thank people appropriately --> Not remotely a doormat!!
- she actually has a "background" --> her grandfather studied ethnology and her brother seems to be a bishop --> therefore a relationship to plot
- unique (tho slightly random) musical scenes (I think it's an interesting way to intro. characters!)
- some actual logic in character actions/words --> she called the cops, was scared when attacked
- pretty decent animation --> fights look poorly choreographed, but movement was more or less fluid

The singing threw me for a second, I thought it would be Blood-C reincarnated -shivers-. But I'm looking forward to this. It's been quite a long while since a decent reverse harem, where the characters have some kind of depth and there's an actual plot that doesn't exist just to meet and get close to all the boys (hopefully).
Oct 7, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2007
Like a lot of other people, I had DiaLovers-level expectations when I started it but I was pleasantly surprised. Although I didn't hate the random songs, I really wasn't expecting them haha. A bit cheesy but I can deal.

Ritsuka seems to be a really cute MC; I got more attached to her than I have in previous reverse harem anime (DiaLovers, Amnesia, etc).

I'm just going to hope the guys aren't as aggravating as the guys are in DiaLovers.
Oct 7, 2015 3:20 PM
Aug 2011
Well people also said the girl from Diabolik Lovers wasn't a doormat in the first episode.
Ever since that day I take all doormat comments with a grain of salt.

Thought that there would be more singing (or dancing) from this but it is more visually appealing than Starmu.

magsticker said:
Like a lot of other people, I had DiaLovers-level expectations when I started it but I was pleasantly surprised.

The fact that Rejet announced this and DL season 2 in the same event didn't bode well for anyone.
standOct 7, 2015 3:24 PM
Oct 7, 2015 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
ok musical hahah
well rem is sexxy all all sexxxy
i want more
almot she she is not an idiot ...
eee the devils are the students council? ot the thieves?or all of them?
who care...s bishonen !!!

i don´t like the op in english pffff
Oct 7, 2015 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
this is the perf show for halloween wow

i'm very interested so far! there's lots of potential already. the music is much better than starmyu/high school star musical's as it actually sounds catchy, both the insert songs and the ED (OP next ep). hatano wataru's singing <3

i'm also really liking the cast, especially soma saito! wow, he sounds hot here. also, ritsuka is likable! she reminds me of yui from kamigami.

my favourite boy has to be class president so far. xD
Oct 7, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2015
I admit it: Being a film music geek, the beginning musical sequence made me laugh, and its not just the surprise that they used ACTUAL EngLISH voice overs, but the blatant rip-off of Danny Elfman and his Alice in Wonderland score: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyspn61ccyE
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
Oct 7, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2011
OMG singing <333

I feel like Ritsuka is the Grimoire.

Going to get to know more about Rem next week and more singing too <3
Oct 7, 2015 6:29 PM

Nov 2012
I somehow actually like this. Which reminds me that for some strange reason I prefer female main character leads, despite preferring male characters otherwise in general.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
Huuhu, it was like a Disney movie. Three songs besides the opening? But that´s okay, them were good.

I almost thought it was going to be like Diabolik Lovers, but fortunately, I was wrong. Ritsuka seems to have more personality.

Well, I like things with occult themes. Will watch.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 7, 2015 6:48 PM
Feb 2013
tsubasalover said:
Interesting musical piece for this ep.'s OP. Yami no Hanayome (闇の花嫁)" by Grimoire ensemble. And I'm more and more liking Hatano-san's OP (ED for this ep.) when listening more times.

I need to remember that this anime is before DLMB, not after, next time.

dlmb?
Oct 7, 2015 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
nekokitty321 said:
dlmb?

Diabolik Lovers More Blood
Oct 7, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2014
not too bad! for me personally, i didn't really care for the singing - i've never liked musicals or musical anime so that's just me.

it did feel a bit cliche at times, but the action scenes were very smooth and i feel like all the characters are voiced brilliantly by their actors

the poor mum though, she's got the hairstyle of death
Oct 7, 2015 7:06 PM

May 2009
Surprisingly decent. Actually I had zero expectation and I thought it would be DiaLovers tier. But it seems Rejet handled the script, and if it's true can't wait for crazy shit that would happen later.
Oct 7, 2015 7:20 PM

Sep 2014
The very start of it seemed so interesting. Then it introduced the girl, she started walking, and starting singing. Oh God...
Oct 7, 2015 8:12 PM

Apr 2015
Definitely skip. I can't see myself getting into this. Something felt off about the art...
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Slitchka »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

80 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.