Oct 5, 2015 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
I think i will check 1 episode :<
Oct 5, 2015 2:28 AM

Jul 2009
Must try for the sake of yuri!
Oct 5, 2015 2:44 AM
Aug 2012
I read the manga and that description is misleading, there is no yuri. Think of it as Aria with scuba diving, there is the same occasional deformed comedy faces and even a cat that looks like President Aria.
Oct 5, 2015 3:07 AM

Jun 2009
Oh you can DEFINITELY count me in on that one.
Oct 5, 2015 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
Seems like a fine series to watch on a weekly basis. Took me ages to finish all of Aria.
Oct 5, 2015 3:16 AM

Aug 2014
What's going on? Where's the catch?!

EDIT: Ah, J. C. Staff.
sddsddOct 5, 2015 3:39 AM
Oct 5, 2015 3:29 AM

Aug 2013
I think we should send a katana to J.C Staff with a letter that says: Don't ruins this..xD

BTW, what a lovely day.
Oct 5, 2015 3:58 AM

Jun 2015
What a coincidence! I just started reading this today actually. I've only read 4 chapters though so I can't really judge it. Anyway the characters and the story are cute, not sure if it is shoujo-ai or not yet not that I mind anyway. I think it'll be a nice and fresh anime for the summer so I'll consider watching it
Oct 5, 2015 4:01 AM

Jun 2009
Also for the love of god PLEASE give Hazuki Erino a main role in this...
Oct 5, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2015
Carks32 said:
CG-Silver said:

J.C. Staff is one of the best if not the best studio in 2015 ......

Aside from Shokugeki no Soma, what else did they made that made them "one of the best studio of 2015"?

Prison School adaptation was pretty rushed and had a few errors here and there, Shimoneta had Anna and that's about it and DanMachi...

Please enlighten me which other studio did a good job? I've heard Madhouse pretty much did something bad with Overlord. UFO Table did something wrong with Fate/Stay Night. Production I.G is the only one which has done good in 2015.

And a rushed adaption does not always means that anime is bad, although it can be called a bad adaption.
CG-SilverOct 5, 2015 6:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 5:14 AM

Sep 2013
Nice the hear. Aria was pretty enjoyable, this should good too
Oct 5, 2015 5:25 AM

Apr 2009
And just like that, anime was saved.
Oct 5, 2015 5:25 AM

Feb 2013
kokone said:
I read the manga and that description is misleading, there is no yuri.

If its about two girls Im telling you there'll be subtext everywhere. I'll sure watch this :3

Oct 5, 2015 5:26 AM

Jul 2014
CG-Silver said:
Carks32 said:

Aside from Shokugeki no Soma, what else did they made that made them "one of the best studio of 2015"?

Prison School adaptation was pretty rushed and had a few errors here and there, Shimoneta had Anna and that's about it and DanMachi...

Please enlighten me which other studio did a good job? I've heard Madhouse pretty much did something bad with Overlord. UFO Table did something wrong with Fate/Stay Night. Projection I.G is the only one which has done good in 2015.

And a rushed adaption does not always means that anime is bad, although it can be called a bad adaption.

As a hardcore fan of Prison School, and as a manga reader, its adaptation didn't feel rushed at all.
"Hi!"
Oct 5, 2015 5:30 AM

Jun 2012
The JC staff hate is unwarrented. They are clearly one of the best studios.
Oct 5, 2015 5:51 AM
Oct 2009
Nice! I read some of that manga and really liked it, so this'll be great! : D Artstyle is adorable.
Oct 5, 2015 6:36 AM

Mar 2013
Oh man, that looks really nice! I'm in.
Oct 5, 2015 6:45 AM

Oct 2011
Finally :D

Junichi Sato is involved so it's in safe hands. Other director has some good stuff too, so no problem here - I wonder if they make him taking scuba diving because there was a lot of it there.
Kind of weird it's not done by TYO Animations but J.C. Staff is safe option for this.

So one of my dreams came true, now it's time for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou anime ;)
Oct 5, 2015 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
YEEART said:
CG-Silver said:

Please enlighten me which other studio did a good job? I've heard Madhouse pretty much did something bad with Overlord. UFO Table did something wrong with Fate/Stay Night. Projection I.G is the only one which has done good in 2015.

As a hardcore fan of Prison School, and as a manga reader, its adaptation didn't feel rushed at all.

That's what most of my friends on MAL said but as I've yet to see it, I simply couldn't argue with him on this so thanks for the assist.

Secondly I think they did a pretty good job on DanMachi. Haven't read the LN's but I heard it was a rushed adaption yet it was so enjoyable because of the fast pacing. Animation was also fantastic especially for Prison School. So I think it's fair to include them on the list for some of the best studios in 2015.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 7:34 AM

May 2015
Somehow the description gives me the yuri vibe. If so, I'm definitely in. If not, I'm still absolutely in.

Oct 5, 2015 7:37 AM
May 2012
I don't know about you guys but I like J.C. Staff.
Will watch this.
Oct 5, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 2008
That was surprisingly fast when you consider how slowly this series comes out. It can't match Aria in any way but maybe some good voice acting will put more life into it-

Wait...

J. C. Staff...?

Holly shit, it's hard to imagine a worse choice. Not Hal Film maker with the experience from marvellous Aria and Tamayura but ****ing JCS with a really bad track record. God damn it anime industry, you really are hell-bent on screwing as much source material as possible.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 5, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
grandy_UiD said:
Also for the love of god PLEASE give Hazuki Erino a main role in this...

I'm also want that but probably she'll became supporting chara again..
How about Emi Nitta as Pikari..?
Antanaru said:

Wait...

J. C. Staff...?

Holly shit, it's hard to imagine a worse choice. Not Hal Film maker with the experience from marvellous Aria and Tamayura but ****ing JCS with a really bad track record. God damn it anime industry, you really are hell-bent on screwing as much source material as possible.

Remind me with a certain slice of life anime which was overshadowed by fanservice.
Oct 5, 2015 10:05 AM

Sep 2008
Just what the world needed.
I don't think we should worry about the JC Staff stuff so much, look at the Directors~

It's from Kozue Amano.. it cannot be bad, it's impossible!
Oct 5, 2015 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
jc staff getting a bad rep? lol im guessing its from new seasonal watchers who just seen their works from 2015-
Oct 5, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2010
Antanaru said:
That was surprisingly fast when you consider how slowly this series comes out. It can't match Aria in any way but maybe some good voice acting will put more life into it-

Wait...

J. C. Staff...?

HAL Film Maker is not even around anymore, duh. Tamayura sequels was under TYO (its parent company), and they are already stacked with 4 Tamayura movies until 2016.

JC hate is sooo last year, mate. Basically most of the flak JC received came from the age when they are tackling the first waves of fantasy LN (the kugumiya clones especially), which are actually pretty successful at it's time (just overly repetitive). After that comes the time when JC seems unable to catch a break and produces like 3-6 series in a season (which is actually a feat unrivalled by any other studios quantity wise). Yet after it started cooling down, the quality starting to rise again. Last season they adapt 3 series (Souma, Prison School and Shimoneta), and all of them arguably count as successful adaptations (Souma is VERY faithful and sets a new standard in cooking anime adaptation, Prison School is a VERY hard adaptation which seems they executed decently, while Shimoneta is possibly one of the surprisingly well received lewd series last season). Given right budget, it could also deliver sakuga just fine (see Railgun II)

There was a time when JC is identic with mediocre and unstable results, but not this time. Plus, Junichi Sato is in this so I don't think you should worry too much.
Oct 5, 2015 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
I'm going to watch this.
Oct 5, 2015 11:02 AM
Oct 2012
J.C. Staff can only carry or destory source material, nothing else.
Keeping the hype!
Oct 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Looks ok so I guess I'll give it a try.

Oct 5, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
This is outright fabulous news! With Junichi as the director, I can't see how this would go wrong. Glad to see Amano's works coming through to be animated.
Oct 5, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
zeroyuki92 said:

There was a time when JC is identic with mediocre and unstable results, but not this time. Plus, Junichi Sato is in this so I don't think you should worry too much.

Amen for that..
Oct 5, 2015 12:18 PM

Mar 2015
for everyone that think it will be like aria, no it's not (except their derp dexpression). also it's ORIGINALY have A LOT FANSERVICE from original source (so stop bitching JC STAFF will ruin it with lot funservice).

i drop it long time ago because local translator also drop it. too lazy to reread again. as far as i remember (i read around 20's chapter before i dorp it), there is NO yuri in this series. seems like more close to aria for this side. only cute girl doing cute fun things.
KumaOct 5, 2015 12:30 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2015 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
Pleasantly surprised by this announcement. Been reading Amanchu for a while now so I can't wait for the adaption.

Lots of good manga getting adaptions in 2015/2016.
Bring back down votes on reviews
Oct 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Oct 2007
The Synopsis should have been more simpler like this:

"A 15-year-old girl living her life until another 16-year-old girl comes along. They find themselves becoming the best of friends as they each discover the wonders of their home. A story following the life of a care-free girl who loves the sea!"

Also this isn't an Aria copy cat but if you like Aria you will likely like Amanchu! too.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2015 12:37 PM
Nov 2013
Looks good also J.C.Staff is not that bad of a studio, well i hope anyway the wait will be a little bit long.
Oct 5, 2015 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
The word romantic has gotten me excited a bit, but I doubt it'll be anything more than subtle hints and cheekrubbing moments.
Oct 5, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 2012
So many good announcements lately. I hope Amanchu transitions as well to anime as Aria did.
Crossing my fingers in the hopes that we'll get another wonderful Choro Club soundtrack too.
Oct 5, 2015 3:26 PM

Apr 2014
absentminded said:
for everyone that think it will be like aria, no it's not (except their derp dexpression). also it's ORIGINALY have A LOT FANSERVICE from original source (so stop bitching JC STAFF will ruin it with lot funservice).

...And there goes any shred of hope I had for this series.
Oh well. Seems like a good fit for JC Staff, then.
Oct 5, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Scuba-diving eh? Nae bad.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 5, 2015 3:40 PM

Apr 2015
Hmmm... Might be good. Also, J.C. Staff is an alright studio.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 5, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2007
Hongu said:

I think you are misunderstanding something here.
I am sorry to disappoint you but this is the sexy diving suite that the girls in the show are going to wear.

Diving suite =/= Bikini

Also girls in this show don't occidentally grab each other boob or kiss.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2015 4:04 PM

Mar 2015
Hongu said:
absentminded said:

don't worry, even they are more ecchi, the story is still fun to watch and not focus to those ecchi (it even can be ignored TBH). it has same vibe as aria, but more lighter and slower. people just get blinded by: J.C. Staff + Fanservice >< Aria purity. enjoy it as stand alone series and you don't have any problem.
Siva said:
I think you are misunderstanding something here.
I am sorry to disappoint you but this is the sexy diving suite that the girls in the show are going to wear.
Diving suite =/= Bikini

Also girls in this show don't occidentally grab each other boob or kiss.
yep, this guy is correct. it's not your typical ecchi. but if you think it's gonna be like aria, you will dissapointed.
KumaOct 5, 2015 4:11 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2015 4:16 PM

May 2012
No clue why this misinformation is spreading. The girls have never wore bikinis other than in the front color pages, iirc, and the closest we ever got to fanservice was in a single chapter.

The girls are always in their diving suits which isn't exactly "sexy" unless you got a thing for that.

Other than that, Amanchu is very Aria-esque.

OlemOct 5, 2015 4:27 PM

Oct 5, 2015 6:03 PM

Mar 2015
Olem said:
------- snip
i don't said that it will be full fanservice or something, or it will be ecchi or man pleased things, but people expect something as pure as aria just because have same author with almost absolute zero fanservice. they dispise J.C. Staff, and said RIP HYPE even they not even read the series. it's not misinformation, i just reveal that amanchu will not as pure as aria which is people hype for, not amanchu series itself. i dislike people like that the most.

what i mean it will not as same as aria is the visual content, theme and characterization. it will not like aria at all. it will be have more visible body gesture, sea and inside it, school life, extra, ETC. the plot, character development, and atmosphere building itself doesn't really different with aria as i said before.
KumaOct 5, 2015 6:13 PM
Oct 5, 2015 7:04 PM
Nov 2013
Creator of Aria? Oh my god I am so hyped right now
Oct 5, 2015 9:40 PM

Jun 2010
@absentminded
All your doing is feeding peoples expectation. You have to understand that most people don't know this series. But they have an expectation in concern to J.C.Staff - that this will be ecchi. And you rambling on and on about some kind of purity that in your mind Aria has and Amanchu not - enforces the image that this will be an ecchi series, which Amanchu is not.

Heck even I who has seen and read both Aria and Amanchu don't have a clue about your obscure understanding why Aria apparently is more pure than Amanchu.
Oct 5, 2015 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
A series about diving, huh? I'm definitely interested, so I'll be sure to check it out when it airs.
Oct 5, 2015 11:14 PM

Oct 2014
Two great directors are collaborating to make this masterpiece? Who's on board on this hype train with me?!
Oct 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Sep 2013
The Aria + Tamayura director, and the H&C + Nodame Cantabile director. I have faith that this adaptation retains the spirit of the manga ~
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Today, 11:08 AM

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.