Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2015 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
That was pretty satisfying.

We got to see all of the characters for at least a little bit. A lot of good writing too, especially with the scene with Femt, and with King of Despair when he was fighting with Klaus.

Leonardo had a lot of good monologues too, and we kind of got the end of his note he was sending his sister there.

Glad they gave it a semi-conclusive ending too. It's fine as it is, but with that little teaser of KoD inside somebody else, they can always continue the series. Which is always a possibility since it sold well.

According to HorribleSubs' subs, apparently Leonardo is now called Leonard, and Hellsalem's Lot is now called Jerusalem's lot. That was some shit fucking TL. I'm not sure if they were Funi subs either since they weren't hardsubbed.

- Normal part of the review aside........................

I CANT BELIEVE THE FUCKING KILLED WHITE! YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?

That worthless crybaby Black gets to live while White sacrifices herself to restore the barrier. No more development between her and Leo even though they had such a good setup for it this episode. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK! Goddammit that sucks.

This was literally a case where I watched the final episode and was like "this was a good finale and well done, but I cant even be remotely happy about it".

Season 2 just so they find a way to get White back please.

Madara22 said:
Haven't watched it yet, waiting for the subs, but I did see that it is 46 mins so couldn't they have made it a 13 ep show that way we wouldn't have had to wait so long for the final episode ....

Because originally the 12th episode was only going to be the standard 24 mins. But once Bones saw how popular it was they decided to scrap it. They didn't like the direction the ending took, and it needed to be longer so they redid the entire last episode and gave it a proper amount of time.
Oct 7, 2015 12:03 AM

Aug 2015
5/10. I kind of like the randomness of this show until episode 9. Then they tacked on a plot at episode 10 which made no sense and a finale which tried to fool the viewers into thinking you've watched something heartfelt and satisfying.
Oct 7, 2015 12:05 AM

Aug 2013
siradix said:
Abar5 said:
I love this anime, don't know why I do because I find it super confusing, but I love it. I wish the last episode was put out sooner but cant complain cause it was good. Honestly can someone just tell me what the heck was going on through the entire series cause I don't understand it (still love it though).

Well I would say it was about Black trying to start another "Great Catastrophe" because why sit through the torture of waiting for it to happen again. The soul or whatever that is in him has lived for eons watching disasters happen. So I don't really get his impatience.

I want to say show borrows elements from the book of Revelations, and KoD just wants to speed up the end of times. But that's probably pushing it.

Well, Femt mentions that KoD has been around since Rome. But his reason for wanting to rush the 2nd Collapse is because of the first one. He was right in the epicenter of it when it happened and he told Femt "it was the most beautiful thing he ever saw". And went on to say how it made everything about humanity meaningless or something and entirely changed the perspective of the world.
Oct 7, 2015 12:13 AM

Sep 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Because originally the 12th episode was only going to be the standard 24 mins. But once Bones saw how popular it was they decided to scrap it. They didn't like the direction the ending took, and it needed to be longer so they redid the entire last episode and gave it a proper amount of time.

I think it was just bad planning on their side. They decided they want to bring in a plot despite the episodical nature of the manga. They didn't really knew what do with it and didn't plan until the end. By episode 11 they realised that they couldn't finish the plot in a satisfying way within 20 minutes. That's how I expect it to have gone.
Oct 7, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
Miragee said:
Jonesy974 said:

I think it was just bad planning on their side. They decided they want to bring in a plot despite the episodical nature of the manga. They didn't really knew what do with it and didn't plan until the end. By episode 11 they realised that they couldn't finish the plot in a satisfying way within 20 minutes. That's how I expect it to have gone.

That's probably true to a degree. But everything I mentioned came from the studio themselves through their tweets and whatnot. I think MAL and Haruhi have an article with their press release as well.
Oct 7, 2015 12:24 AM

Jun 2014
Well that was definitely worth the wait! Loved this anime overall! Loved the characters, loved the story, and loved the music! "Hello, World" and "Sugar Song to Bitter Step" are two of my all-time favorite OP/ED songs!

Klaus and Black's battle to Hello, World was so in sync that it was amazing! White being the force field was unexpected, but her being gone was very sad!

Loved the scene between Leo and Zapp! This finale was so emotional and the choice of music for this episode was so fitting!

Not sure if that ending was hinting at another season, but between the end and the sales for this series, I really hope we do get one someday!

That hint of a kiss between White and Leo when the butterfly touched his lips was touching!

I can't rave enough about this series! Overall I give this a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 7, 2015 1:14 AM

Oct 2011
T______________T White

Glad Black is back
Oct 7, 2015 1:29 AM

Sep 2010
Uh.. What? Not even sure what I just watched. Really disappointed, especially after waiting so long.
Oct 7, 2015 1:45 AM

May 2015
shit yea, finally finale fucking episode!!

feels everywhere
Oct 7, 2015 1:58 AM

Apr 2013
what a fantastic finale

the ending airing several months later kinda hurts and makes it feel disconnected but can't really fault the series itself for that

fantastic series
Oct 7, 2015 3:03 AM

May 2008
I have several problems with this series, but I think my biggest one is that they don't explain anything and characters talk about shit like we're already meant to know it.

Things that weren't really mentioned before are suddenly thrown at us, such as Black being immortal (or whatever the fuck he is) and having about five different titles that were never brought up in the series. What's the purpose of mentioning them if you're not gonna even do anything with them? The stuff about Black that they only talked about in the last episode should've been mentioned earlier and dealt with over the course of, Idk, three other episodes leading up to this, maybe.

There's no buildup to anything and I felt like there wasn't enough explanation of not only the characters, but the universe itself. More could've been done with the whole collapse thing, not to mention that hole that's the gate to... where ever (hell? I can't remember what it is). Things that, you know, were actually interesting. But instead they did boring monster of the week crap and introduced characters who had no relevance at all.

I liked some of the ideas behind it, and it looked pretty, but it was all over the place and they didn't spend enough time on things, so in the end it just felt rushed. It's not terrible, I just didn't care. I also think it would've worked better if it had maintained the serious tone throughout it, rather than having the random comedic moments thrown in there for no reason other than lol comedy.

They could've totally just separated the final episode into two episodes in the first place. Dunno why it needed to be 45 minutes, but whatever.

And lel, the religious imagery. I wonder if they pulled an Eva and threw it in there because it looked cool.

Also, I might have missed it, but did they ever explain why Leo has his eyes? Or does he just kinda have them?
Oct 7, 2015 3:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'd be lying if I said I remembered everything that happened before the delay, but some things came back to me slowly but surely. I had straight up forgotten that Leo was in that situation until I saw him there. It really was a long delay. Still, that's no problem with me. They delivered a wonderful finale for this show. I may not remember how everything ties in or I might look at some of the characters and think, "Who are you again?" To be honest, they kinda waved off some of the characters. They focused so much on the anime-original characters that some of the characters from the source were kinda pushed aside when they could have had so much more time spent on them.
This was still an enjoyable ride though. Even with the characters we got, it was fun to experience them.
I really appreciate the studio for putting a lot of effort into this finale. I thought I was watching a movie for a lot of it.
Thanks for sharing this ride, friends.

Waffly said:

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 7, 2015 3:27 AM

Mar 2010
What a mess.
Maybe I was expecting too much. 6/10 because I remember this being enjoyable to watch.
Oct 7, 2015 4:02 AM

Jun 2011
It ended in a classic Kekkai Sensen style and I loved that. Leo's breakdown was arguably my favourite part. And the end credits were great.

Oct 7, 2015 4:35 AM
Mar 2015
Really loved the finale. Totally worth it.
Oct 7, 2015 4:43 AM

Dec 2013
At last, the final ep........
Loved it

but sad about less Leo x White moments.
Oct 7, 2015 4:49 AM

Mar 2014
Meh

5/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 7, 2015 5:56 AM

Sep 2014
I really liked this episode, but sadly after all this time I've kind of forgotten a lot of the plot and therefore thinking about this anime as a whole is confusing for me, although this last episode was easy to follow.

Glad to hear the OP and ED again as they were my favorites that season!

I'll probably rewatch it sometime if I feel like it and reevaluate my thoughts about it but for now, 8/10 mostly because i remember having enjoyed it a lot and this last episode was great!
Oct 7, 2015 6:27 AM

Jun 2014
finally i fucking finished this thing, i kind of really liked the ending, a real clusterfuck(in a good way), i have no idea what the fuck was going on, but this is kind of what makes kekkai sensen memorable

the animation and the ost were great, well i'll sort of miss this...

8/10 ? wtf did i just watch
:3
Oct 7, 2015 6:31 AM

Apr 2013
fuck me if i know what i just watched

possibilities of a second season? i was very intrigued by that scene with michella and her eyes being.. darkness? void? idk. i'm still not sure how leo even got those eyes to begin with. even stuff i did get, i kinda forgot cause it's a fucking spring season show with october finale. but anyway, i had fun being confused half of the time n all <3 8/10

clickable▲
Oct 7, 2015 6:41 AM

Mar 2013
Oh gawd why White had to die? ;_;

The finale was bit confusing to me.
Was it Black or KoD who was causing the havoc in the whole city? Or is it Black just influenced by the KoD and was doing that with his own will?

Also, was White already dead when the first great collapse happened three years ago? And its just her soul/force field or w/e you wanna call it present in the series due to the power of her parents?

Dunno what it was but... she dies again dammit! ;_;
Also, didn't she just take KoD with herself when was fading away? So why that cliffhanger ending with him at the end in someone else's (Probably) body?

And that butterfly kiss with Leo tho...
Oct 7, 2015 6:49 AM

Jun 2011
I had fun watchin this series but i was expecting a better and less cliche final, specialy after all this time that it got delayed... but i guess they just want more money makin a open end for the second season

overall, it was a enjoyable anime so i'll give it a 8/10
Oct 7, 2015 6:50 AM

Mar 2013
Read on wiki that she's an anime only character.
So chances are we'll never ever get to see her again even if there's a second season ;_;
Oct 7, 2015 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
The Leo and White ship shall forever remain in our hearts!
Buuuut.... I really couldn't say much, as I've forgotten what happened because of the delay lol.

I just need more Zapp and Chain and Abrams' lucky scenes!
The inserts of the OP and ED (especially the OP during Klaus vs Watchman) were great!

I'm thinking we're going to get some more Michella screen time!
It looks like the Watchman will make a return, since he never really died!

Oct 7, 2015 7:49 AM

Sep 2014
Okay...

Last episode did leave bittersweet taste in my mouth. Don't really know what to say.
Oct 7, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2013
KazuhoYoshii said:
Meh...I honestly thought other episodes were more entertaining and had more tension (ie the Prosfair game). This really felt like a dragged out ending for the sake of an ending.

Actually I was thinking that the reason why they delayed this series is because they couldn't find an proper ending for the show,
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 7, 2015 8:24 AM
Aug 2010
episode was nice. Anyone know who was the man whistling at the end of the episode?
Oct 7, 2015 8:37 AM
Jun 2014
a bit boring tbh. was not worth the wait and nothing really going on. 3/5. it was ok i would not rate it more than a 7/10. i liked most of it but i would say a very low 7.
Oct 7, 2015 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
hoopla123 said:
Good finale to a great show.

Wish it was 24 episodes so it could go into much more detail about some unexplained things.

Me too :/ Maybe it might get a season 2.
SHE'S ADORABLE, CLICK HER FACE
Oct 7, 2015 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
Man, what a disapointing ending. Definitely not worth the wait. Seriously, how could they have had so long to do something moderately good for a finale and come out with this?

I was going to give this 9/10, but this finale and episodes 10 and 11 have given me no choice but to drop it to an 8, though even that seems a tad high in retrospect.
Oct 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
Amazing finale, worth the wait. 9/10.
Oct 7, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
So the final at last! well tbh. i've forgot too much of the content to rate this now.. i'll probably have to rewatch the previous episodes again at some point, before i can make my final judgement on its quality. I remember it being a bit weird and confusing though, it might just have been my commitment to it in that season, which might have made me miss some rather important things.

For a almost 4 month delayed episode, i felt the quality in some scenes to be questionable, but now it's at last over.. or is it >->

I'll be back to put my verdict on this... some day.
Oct 7, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
the last ep is out!?!?! time to get some chinese food and masturbate in no particular order
Oct 7, 2015 9:28 AM

Apr 2013
Nice final episode, although not too spectacular. I guess after the long wait the expectations got a bit high.

Overall I really liked that show and can't share the opinions of some people saying it was convoluted or whatever. I thought about reading the manga, but since White was one of my favorites I wasn't quite sure about it. So her death hits me a bit (since I, of course, shipped her with Leo), but also raises somehow the probability of me reading the manga. We'll see.
Oct 7, 2015 9:31 AM
Apr 2015
decent ep
not that amazing but okay

if white died in the end..... doesnt that mean the barrier is gone so all the monsters are gonna attack the place/
SaberCapitalOct 7, 2015 9:37 AM
Oct 7, 2015 9:39 AM
Feb 2015
So, after all that delay: where's my scar?

Oct 7, 2015 9:47 AM
Oct 2015
daikafoe said:
episode was nice. Anyone know who was the man whistling at the end of the episode?

It was the King of Despair in a new body. Who he possessed is a mystery but I don't think it makes much of a difference (he had full power in the body of a child after all). There's no reason to assume it's someone we know.

SaberCapital said:
decent ep
not that amazing but okay

if white died in the end..... doesnt that mean the barrier is gone so all the monsters are gonna attack the place/

Her life energy was used to put the barrier back up. The butterfly flying away was her soul.
Oct 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
One thing I don't get, why "Prince Igor"? Still a season favorite for me so regardless of its flaws, I enjoyed it to the max.
Oct 7, 2015 10:42 AM
Jul 2011
I'm pretty disappointed with this final, the vampire thing was forgotten and I had more feels for the mushroom guy than what happened in this ending.
at least the episodic part of the show was amusing
Oct 7, 2015 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
I still don't understand why we had to wait for the final. Just kinda forgot about it already.

But it was a cool episode and all. I like how Leo wasn't all vengeful and straight out trying to kill 'the king of despair' with his eyes. And yeah I liked the episode. Not 10/10, but very enjoyable.
Oct 7, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
This made no sense at all. I doubt rewatching will be any help. Disappointed :(
Oct 7, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
SaberCapital said:
decent ep

I think Black used some sort of 'energy' within her to recreate the barrier. I also think he was reluctant to do so earlier because he knew White would die but somehow decided to do so in the end.
Oct 7, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
It took so much, I was trying to remember all that happened until here...really...
Klaus vs Black was nice, sad that White is really gone it seems...
I am curious about Leo's sister eyes... 7/10
Oct 7, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2008
Hmmmmmmm, not entirely sure what to think of this honestly...
for now I've downgraded from a 9 to an 8.
Loved the characters and the interactions and the sillyness of this anime, but I guess at the end they still wanted to wrap up ''the story'' so far, but left alot of things unexplained and quite frankly was quite hard to follow for me at times since the ''story'' was all over the place.
Oct 7, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
daikafoe said:

Season 2.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 7, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good ending.
Oct 7, 2015 2:39 PM

May 2015
Well, was it worth it in the end, waiting for this episode? I would say definitely. Fantastic episode. Pretty decent ending. This show had great music and I pretty much enjoyed watching this show. I would watch another season without a doubt. 8/10.

Oct 7, 2015 2:55 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Its not that hard to just watch the recap and the ep 11 to remember people.

Anyway, it was pretty great.
It deserves a 8.5/10.

EDIT: i know we can rate whatever the fuck we want but downrating something because you had to wait a bunch of months is fuckin retarded, imo.
DatRandomDudeOct 7, 2015 3:01 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 7, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
Um... Hm.

It was okay I guess. There was some action but mostly talking with comedy mixed in (not that I'm surprised with this series but...).

I was hoping for a better finale considering how long the wait was, but it was just okay. It was terrible, but it just seemed like mostly filler than anything else? Like the way the episode was set up just seemed like they didn't know what to do with 40+ minutes so they threw stuff in there to stretch it out.

Also, seemed to be hinting at a season 2, so that's pretty interesting.

All and all it was just... Okay.
Oct 7, 2015 6:53 PM

Feb 2015
HYPE
PRETTY COLORS
MORE HYPE

worth the wait
hadewwkenSep 3, 2017 12:44 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.