Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2015 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it was an interesting episode.

We got a lot of Millio and also the Kuu-sama are really taking over now.
However, I'm also glad to see some taking a stand against them. Rui becoming more relevant this episode.

And anyways, I thought was one of the more thrilling episodes for this season.

GATCHAMANNNNNNNN
The action picked up again.
Sep 12, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2015
That good things are getting in place defeating these Kuu, he swore at the beginning that that orange-haired guy (forgot his name) was going to be evil but he has not done anything yet.
Sep 12, 2015 1:59 PM
Apr 2011
I find that I like Gel quite a bit more now. I wonder if that is because he is finally a cute girl again. :P
(Seriously though, how many people hate Gel because she turned into El Presidente?)

The issue right now I see is how are the Gatchaman going to change the atmosphere? Defeating the Kuus is easy, but the atmosphere will endlessly spawn them and also, unless they tackle the fundamental problem, they wouldn't be accomplishing anything.
Sep 12, 2015 2:06 PM

Nov 2013
I swear to god that Gatcha has been one of the only series in this season that hasn't bored the hell out of me.

Aaa Rui's back in action!!

Seeing all them fighting together makes me so happy for some reason.

I'm kinda curious what will Suzuki's next move be.
Sep 12, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
They're finally going against those monsters now, and I'm curious to how they'll deal with them for good. Decent episode.
Sep 12, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2014
Finally they're doing something about this whole mess.

I know that we're supposed to like Tsubasa now because she's "redeeming" herself. I still don't like her, or Gel.

Still, looking forward to next ep.
Sep 12, 2015 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
Rizumu is the best. Rui's obsession with crowds is stupid to begin with, and I so don't Rizumu losing to Rui...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 12, 2015 2:31 PM

Sep 2013
Come one kuu sama :(
Combine into one big being and attack :(

Rui will give crowds to everyone again, who will turn on the gatchaman thanks to vape guy but millione will tell everyone something and everyone will fight for themselves.
Sep 12, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
This episode reminded me why I love this show
Sep 12, 2015 2:40 PM
Oct 2012
LuZeke said:
I know that we're supposed to like Tsubasa now because she's "redeeming" herself. I still don't like her, or Gel.

I think you are missing the point there. The real villains were not Tsubasa or Gel, they both earnestly wanted to help people. They both have nothing to be "redeemed" over. As Gel said, the Kuus are only doing what the majority of people wanted, both Tsubasa and Gel were merely mirroring the thoughts of the majority who are fickle and based their "wants" on any passing fancy. The real villains of this show are the common masses who trade permanent freedom for temporary security.

Edit: Rui sucking his thumb and then pleading not to be left alone, brilliant metaphor for what the masses want and think. Love this show.
Sep 12, 2015 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
I think you are missing the point there.

You're thinking wrong. They might not be villains in the traditional sense (and note also that I didn't use that word to describe them, you did) but they -are- directly responsible for the situation, and they have been frustratingly annoying the entire season. They have plenty to redeem themselves about. Tsubasa's blind idealism and Gel's extreme naiveté.

Edit: Yuru-Jii stealing the show.
Sep 12, 2015 2:59 PM
Mar 2014
I lost track of how many times 考え (and its variations) were said in this episode. Definitely over ten, at least.
Sep 12, 2015 3:45 PM
Apr 2011
LuZeke said:
Takuan_Soho said:
I think you are missing the point there.

You're thinking wrong. They might not be villains in the traditional sense (and note also that I didn't use that word to describe them, you did) but they -are- directly responsible for the situation, and they have been frustratingly annoying the entire season. They have plenty to redeem themselves about. Tsubasa's blind idealism and Gel's extreme naiveté.

Edit: Yuru-Jii stealing the show.

Actually you are thinking wrong. It is true that they have done wrong and have plenty to redeem themselves about, but the main villain of the cast is still the common masses. They were in the position to stop all of this, at anytime. Just thinking for a bit with some common sense would have allowed them to choose to think for themselves. But they found it convenient to have Gelsadra be the president and so they allows themselves to be driven into this situation. The fact that the Kuu turned on Gel shows that the common masses are the ones that are screwing the system up. Trying to blame it all on Tsubasa and Gel is wrong, because in the end, this situation was indeed caused by the majority. If they disagreed with Gel and Tsubasa, they could ahve just said so, but look at how many of them wrote "Leave it to President Gel". They did this to themselves.

I hate those people who when they had their own opinions, stifled them and pretended to go along with the flow. They could have chosen to think for themselves and try to create a bit of conflict so that there are differing opinions and discussions can occur. By allowing the atmosphere to just get worse and worse, they are just as sinful.
trannon1Sep 12, 2015 4:00 PM
Sep 12, 2015 4:03 PM
Oct 2012
LuZeke said:
but they -are- directly responsible for the situation, and they have been frustratingly annoying the entire season. They have plenty to redeem themselves about. Tsubasa's blind idealism and Gel's extreme naiveté.

No, they are not "directly" responsible. That way of thinking is equivalent to the "we were only following orders" defense. That doesn't work you know. Gel was only doing what the people elected him to do; blame the muddled masses for passing off their responsibility onto him as well as changing what they wanted on a whim.

In a democracy you get the government you deserve: in reality, as Yuru-ji pointed out, there were far far worse things that could have happened then having Gel try to get everyone to get along. The real evil of this show is not Gel's naivete or Tsubasa's idealism, progress cannot happen without such people in the world, no the true evil is when people abdicate their responsibility as a human to other people. That is what the masses did in making Gel Prime Minister. To Gel's credit he nearly killed himself trying to fulfill the masses desires, that is certainly more than they deserved, they failed him, not the other way around.

Now I do agree that Gel and Tsubasa were annoying up until this episode, but reformers are annoying people. Study up on the abolitionist movement, those "naive" and "idealistic" people were hated by the majority of the population (even by those who didn't like slavery, but didn't care enough to make it illegal) because they wouldn't just "accept the way the world was". Tsubasa wanted everyone to be tolerant and happy, is that really bad? Yes she didn't understand that her method wasn't going to achieve it, but she at least wanted good things for everyone. The same is most certainly NOT true of the masses.
Sep 12, 2015 4:51 PM

Aug 2015
So they start to take on the Kuu-sama. Tsubasa is still my most disliked character of this season.
Sep 12, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
Takuan_Soho and trannon1, you both seem to think that being critical of Tsubasa and Gel excludes being critical of the common masses. Once again, I never said they were villains. Just horribly misguided, and willfully ignorant.

You say that the masses are to blame because they passed off their responsibility (a responsibility that they were first given by Gel, mind you), Tsubasa is guilty of the exact same thing. She explicitly said she didn't understand "difficult things" and thought it was better not to.

Gel pretty much imposed himself on a world that he in-arguably can't understand on a very fundamental level. Whether he did it intentionally or not is really not a factor when considering the results.

You say that the masses didn't stop to consider what they were doing. Neither did Gel or Tsubasa. I'm not laying all the blame on them, nor am I removing all blame from the masses. Those are words you're putting in my mouth.

All I said from the start was that Tsubasa is going to have her "redemption" moment (which is completely true because she and everyone else knows she fucked up and now she's going to help make things "right"), and that I still don't like her and Gel's characters, a completely subjective opinion.

Edit: Also, if Gel is not to blame because he simply tried to do what the masses wanted, who is really making the "We were only following orders" argument here?
LuZekeSep 12, 2015 5:43 PM
Sep 12, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2013
kuu just admitted his wrong doing on tv is he really that naive?!
Sep 12, 2015 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
Tsubasa can transform into Matsukaze that looks like Jun's motorcycle from old-school Gatcha.
Is it possible that every Gatcha can transform to vehicles? Or is it only for Tsubasa (also Panda)?

I wonder if next season of Crowds will include "Gatchaspartan" and "Hyper Shoot"...
Sep 12, 2015 10:11 PM

Nov 2012
Lol she said something aside from "I'm gloomy"

You know, I sort of wish Joe/Jou and mister Ape would have had conversations in this show, the dude's a heel/villain version of Joe with the added annoyance of always saying the words ape so much it's annoying. That one of the things I'm sad the show missed, as they instead both mostly focused on both having reservations about how ready people are for Crowds, with mister Ape being more extreme and unwilling to even consider it

I think it's a bit of a jump to blame this all on the masses squarely alone, or even more than half of it. They voted for Gel to decide things, they didn't vote for him to create monsters out their subconscious and have them kill or get rid of people, and Gel didn't decide to make those creatures. I personally think that this whole Kuu thing was tiny bit of a cop out to remove blame from all parties since it was partly a fluke that those creatures came to be and everyone was just riding the atmosphere being blissfully ignorant.

Considering how this subconscious vs will thing is going, it'll probably, or already is, be portrayed that this is what happens when there are no brains at the wheel-this eliminating a lot of blame for Gel and the masses- as the masses "will" will be much better with Crowds now probably.

My only other complaint aside from not enough Joe vs the annoying Ape dude is still how much this anime goes to ignore the bad intent of people or how people give in to use things incorrectly for various reasons and general mismatched hatred. Both with these Kuu things and Crowds there wasn't any display of criminals or fanatics who wanted to purposely orchestrated plots to gain power, harm others, steal or just about anything. Mr Ape would be a much more interesting villain if there were actual displays of how badly humans would abuse things, rather than him being on a crazed vendetta against Crowds because of what people might do, despite the fact that they already would before and during his campaign to stop Crowds be doing the things he thinks they might in the future. Some people do have malicious will.

Still great and one of my fav anime this season.
Jaywalker.
Sep 13, 2015 3:20 AM

Jan 2009
social mood or what they call atmosphere is really dangerous and can bring ignorance, i mean i have been a victim of peer pressure or social influence too in the past and it made me blind and robotic just following the crowd without much thinking

X the great AI on this anime summarizes the main concept of this sequel so well, really an Insight about the Crowds or Society

Sep 13, 2015 3:46 AM

Feb 2015
This is the best episode i have ever seen from the series. The action was very cool like always and

GATCHA!!!!
YizelTroSep 13, 2015 3:51 AM
Sep 13, 2015 3:49 AM

Feb 2015
banpreiomaster said:
Tsubasa can transform into Matsukaze that looks like Jun's motorcycle from old-school Gatcha.
Is it possible that every Gatcha can transform to vehicles? Or is it only for Tsubasa (also Panda)?

I wonder if next season of Crowds will include "Gatchaspartan" and "Hyper Shoot"...

next season ? you mean, there will be third season of Gatchaman Crowds?
Sep 13, 2015 5:30 AM
Apr 2011
LuZeke said:
Takuan_Soho and trannon1, you both seem to think that being critical of Tsubasa and Gel excludes being critical of the common masses. Once again, I never said they were villains. Just horribly misguided, and willfully ignorant.

You say that the masses are to blame because they passed off their responsibility (a responsibility that they were first given by Gel, mind you), Tsubasa is guilty of the exact same thing. She explicitly said she didn't understand "difficult things" and thought it was better not to.

Gel pretty much imposed himself on a world that he in-arguably can't understand on a very fundamental level. Whether he did it intentionally or not is really not a factor when considering the results.

You say that the masses didn't stop to consider what they were doing. Neither did Gel or Tsubasa. I'm not laying all the blame on them, nor am I removing all blame from the masses. Those are words you're putting in my mouth.

All I said from the start was that Tsubasa is going to have her "redemption" moment (which is completely true because she and everyone else knows she fucked up and now she's going to help make things "right"), and that I still don't like her and Gel's characters, a completely subjective opinion.

Edit: Also, if Gel is not to blame because he simply tried to do what the masses wanted, who is really making the "We were only following orders" argument here?

I assumed from your initial words that you were assigning most of the blame to Gelsadra and Tsubasa, and for that, I apologize. I got fired up due to that because blaming them for everything goes against what the show is telling us imo. One of the reasons why I am more forgiving towards Gelsadra and Tsubasa is because they are very idealstic. While being idealistic is bad, following something you don't even believe, harming others due to it, and assigning blame to the idealists is sickening. People should take responsibility for their own actions, like how Tsubasa is trying to clean up her own mess this time instead of just "leaving it to Gel-chan". Even when it comes to dragging Gelsadra down, notice that the mass just keeps talking and talking, while doing nothing and only the Kuus are moving.

This sort of following an ideal without even understanding it is like how Al-Qaeda operates, their doctrines are obviously wrong and have glaring inconsistencies, yet they are still follow because the atmosphere makes it so. Just reading Julius Caesar would tell you how stupid the mob is, telling Brutus to live one moment, wanting to kill him the next.
Sep 13, 2015 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Tevens said:
banpreiomaster said:

next season ? you mean, there will be third season of Gatchaman Crowds?

I only wonder, just wondering if it'll be...
Sep 13, 2015 10:03 AM
Oct 2012
LuZeke said:
Also, if Gel is not to blame because he simply tried to do what the masses wanted, who is really making the "We were only following orders" argument here?

In a pure democracy (which is what we have here with the cell phone votes), aren't leaders supposed to do what the "people" want? Isn't "pure democracy" supposed to be universally good? Aren't laws supposed to be changed ad hoc to conform to current beliefs rather than go through the voting process? Aren't those who hold intolerant views supposed to be hounded and shammed (think those who opposed gay marriage)? What makes Gatchaman so brilliant is that it is the rare show that demonstrates why Burke and Nietzsche were correct to be suspicious of democracy, it is a wonderful antidote to the dominant thought possessing Western Civilization today.

Gel is not following orders, he is merely actualizing the desires of a pure democracy. He is reflecting what society wants and giving them the means of achieving their desires. If society wanted good things, then Gel's actions would be good, if they want bad things his actions become bad. In this Gel cannot have responsibility because he is not an agent, he is merely a tool. The responsibility goes to those who used the tool. Gel has nothing to be redeemed for, because he really hasn't done anything wrong. If humanity would get its act together, then Gel could become the "savior" that Paipai mentioned in episode 1.

As for Tsubasa what exactly did she do wrong? She has FAR less responsibility than Joe (who when it comes down to it is by far the most guilty Gatchman, last episode and this) does for this situation. Yes her naive idealism is annoying, but then again she is 15 years old. What does it say that adults followed her (or in Joe's case cynically used her)?
Sep 13, 2015 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
It's easy to think that Gel & Tsubasa shouldn't be blamed for the current situation because they seem so benevolent. However, it's a fact that they caused the current situation.

Gel would be completely blameless if he was an actual tool. But he is a sentient being with a certain degree of intelligence. His purpose in visiting worlds in not to create peace, but solely to unite individuals in societies. This might create peace in societies with simple intelligence, but clearly will not work for humans without having to eliminate minorities, this is precisely why the Kuus came into existence.
But apparently, that's okay according to Gel. It's okay to kill those who are different, regardless of whether they are good people or not. As long as mob mentality is fine with it, HE'S fine with it. Any living thing that is supposedly "good" or intelligent would be alarmed at such a notion, but not Gel, he ain't doin sh*t about it.
He imposes a system of "becoming one" without taking responsibility for the consequences. He creates a mindless system of forcible uniformity and integration. In other words, he creates a society like that of cancer. Shirking responsibility via passivity may not necessarily be evil. But if he is too stupid to understand the implications of his actions and influence he should not be in a position of power.

As for Tsubasa. I think people just feel cheated that they got such a simple, stupid, air-headed new character with the most predictable development ever. She's such a teenager.
The world revolves around what SHE thinks is right. She is so egoistic to think that everyone can actually "become one" despite the fact that people like Gramps and Hajime have been telling her otherwise. To think that people are so simple as to inevitably bend to her will and happily act the same way as everybody else. To not even attempt to think otherwise, that's her problem. But to admit fault and attempt to correct herself is a good thing.
Sep 13, 2015 12:28 PM
Oct 2012
ramenshoujo said:
^^^

First, you are assuming that the people the Kuus consume are killed, there is no evidence of that. Most likely they are merely being detained because they disrupted society, much like a criminal would be contained for offending societal norms. I am quite sure the girl's father will be returned before too long.

Speaking of which, wasn't it amazing how few humans really were bothered by the Kuus actions at first, indeed most thought that the victims "deserved it". Having witnessed first hand people's careers being destroyed because they donated money to the "wrong cause" and the self-righteous pride of the people who got them fired, lets just say I have a different take on who is actually in the driver seat here. Let's use a metaphor, Gel is merely social media personified. Social media by itself doesn't create Witch-hunts, even the so called "leaders" (usually stereotyped as "the Church" though that is historically inaccurate) don't cause them: because such "leaders" always exist. It's when the "crowds" become debased that such hunts happen.

ramenshoujo said:
As for Tsubasa. I think people just feel cheated that they got such a simple, stupid, air-headed new character with the most predictable development ever. She's such a teenager.

Yes, how dare a normal 15 year old girl act like a normal 15 year old.....

Tsubasa is merely a metaphor for intentions. Good intentions can pave the way to hell, but the crowds still have to want to go there.

It isn't as if Tsubasa and Gel are entirely blameless, but on the list of sinners in this show they are so far down the list that it isn't even funny (Joe would be towards the top, Mileon would be top ten as well, the masses would be next, followed by Paipai, Rui and OD, then we get to Gel and Tsubasa. Was is funny, or is it ironic, is that those who ascribe much blame to Gel and Tsubasa are doing the same thing the masses are doing in the show - they don't LIKE the characters, therefore they BLAME those disliked characters.
Sep 13, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
Its great to see the tide finally turn against Gelsadra, and the Gatchaman are no longer divided.
Sep 13, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Yep yep everyone is a metaphor and no-one is to blame..

I'm sure people were laying into Gel and Tsubasa waaay before the sh*t hit the fan.
Sep 13, 2015 2:50 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, no superpowers for YOU, Humanity! -__-

X is way too self-aware for an AI. He's going to be the next villain, mark my words LOL
Sep 13, 2015 3:14 PM
Oct 2012
ramenshoujo said:

Rather than misrepresent what someone said that drastically, why not show basic human grace and resign from the field?
Sep 13, 2015 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
Let's slash, stab, shoot and blow up the kuus without considering the possibility that the people they ate might still be in them. Seems legit.

As for Tsubasa, she's a fool who I could care less about. Same with the Millione Show and everyone else who went with the flow and were alright with the kuus eating people who opposed the atmosphere. Apparently when a little girl is about to get eaten THEN it's a different story but when a stranger, neighbor or one of your schoolmates gets eaten it means they deserved it.
Sep 13, 2015 4:22 PM

Apr 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
Let's slash, stab, shoot and blow up the kuus without considering the possibility that the people they ate might still be in them. Seems legit. .

I thopught the same but considering that those things are everywhere, if you don't kill them quick you're going to have more peoples swallowed than peoples living there, so well, it's a case of sacrificing few to save many. May not be very heroic but that's a logical and understandable choice. Those things are starting to run amok, that's not the time to hesitate and be overwhelmed.
Sep 13, 2015 8:05 PM
Apr 2011
Avenger-senpai said:
Apparently when a little girl is about to get eaten THEN it's a different story but when a stranger, neighbor or one of your schoolmates gets eaten it means they deserved it.

This is a little off, but it is still on track with bashing the people. You see, the people were all right with it in the beginning because they believed that the Kuu were eliminating the "unwanted" things in the society. However, when they themselves started becoming the ones in danger, they of course start bashing Gel, since he readily admitted that the Kuu's were spawned from him and that the Kuus would probably continue eating people. Self-preservation is an ugly thing.
Sep 13, 2015 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
oh yes, the gatchaman are finally stopping this madness!
Sep 14, 2015 2:55 AM
May 2015
BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2015 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
ramenshoujo said:

Rather than misrepresent what someone said that drastically, why not show basic human grace and resign from the field?

Okay my bad, I jest.
Just did not agree with your usage of the word metaphor. That aside, I would edit your blame list to have Joe & the masses at the top, Gel next, then Tsubasa & Mileon on the same level. Because none of this could have realistically happened without Joe, and Tsubasa & Mileon both fanned the flames so to speak. The former by encouraging Gel through moral support and the other by capitalizing on sensationalism. I think the visible support of humans, especially a Gatchaman helped Gels public image drastically.

About the Kuus eating people. Supposing then that the Gatchaman don't save them, I don't see how they will be released anytime soon. And how long can humans last without food and water? They're as good as dead for all we know.

Another thing that just come to mind is that why does Hajime think that Gel needs protecting anyway? Given that OD told her they will have a problem dealing with him. Unless of course, Hajime believes that he might be caught off-guard because he is so stupid, or willingly allow himself to be swallowed if that's what the "atmosphere" calls for.
Sep 14, 2015 3:26 PM
Oct 2012
ramenshoujo said:
I would edit your blame list to have Joe & the masses at the top, Gel next, then Tsubasa & Mileon on the same level. Because none of this could have realistically happened without Joe, and Tsubasa & Mileon both fanned the flames so to speak.

For the fun of argument (which is all there can be found in arguing something this finely), I would say there is that Joe and Mileon are both worse than Tsubasa (though I would agree that all three have some blame). Joe is worse because he did things out of cynicism, Mileon did it for ratings and out of opposing things just to oppose them (because they make good TV), whereas at least Tsubasa made her errors out of thinking humanity was better than it proved to be.

Another reason would be that Tsubasa is still a child, the other two are adults. Youths are supposed to be idealistic, its one of the reasons they shouldn't be allowed to vote. Both Joe and Mileon are adults, they and all the other adults who voted for T and G, were the ones who decided to follow (and dump responsibility) on children (while Gel's age has not been determined, when humanity first saw him he was a child, all he did was to change his appearance to look older. Nothing he ever said or has shown has indicated that he is anything more than a child.

This is why I don't put too much blame on Gel and Tsubasa. Humanity are not children, they don't get to blame Pied Piper for their following him.

ramenshoujo said:
About the Kuus eating people. Supposing then that the Gatchaman don't save them, I don't see how they will be released anytime soon. And how long can humans last without food and water? They're as good as dead for all we know.

Most likely they don't need food and water where they are. The reason we can assume they are not dead is because the kuus are just big balloons (as evident when Hajime popped them), they clearly did not eat the humans.

ramenshoujo said:
Another thing that just come to mind is that why does Hajime think that Gel needs protecting anyway? Given that OD told her they will have a problem dealing with him. Unless of course, Hajime believes that he might be caught off-guard because he is so stupid, or willingly allow himself to be swallowed if that's what the "atmosphere" calls for.

Actually Hajime knew that Gel would allow himself to be eaten, in fact Gel asked everyone that exact question and it was only Hajime's quick action that save him. How did Hajime know? In part because of JJ's poem. But a greater part is that she figured out that Gel wasn't controlling anything, that the Kuus are just trying to make the collective human mood happy, and that this would be turned against Gel sooner than later.

It does raise the question about why Hajime is the way she is, and why she gets things. Of course part of it is that she is the only one that actually listens to what people say.
Sep 14, 2015 9:49 PM

Oct 2011
Gatchaman are back. YAY!!!
Sep 15, 2015 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
The conversation between Tsubasa and her grandfather, seems to me they are condemning Japan world war 2 aggression.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 15, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
a perfect episode tbh.

anyone else got shivers in the last five minutes or so?
Sep 15, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder what would have happened if the atmosphere had turned against the Kuus more specifically, instead of Gelsadra?
Sep 17, 2015 8:20 PM

Dec 2014
And once again Gatchaman Crowds proves why it's the best of the best. The whole thing with Rizumu, Millione, Tsubasa, Gelsadra and the atmosphere as questionable villains reminded me of Medaka Box, actually.
At the end of the Not Equal Arc, during the presidential election speeches Zenkichi said
naschyamamotoSep 17, 2015 8:28 PM
Sep 21, 2015 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Finally Tsubasa got some sense slapped into her...though I wish there was a slap.
Oct 2, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2012
Took a bit long but where finally somewhere! Let's see what's next.
Dec 3, 2015 7:09 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
PaleBlue said:
I wonder what would have happened if the atmosphere had turned against the Kuus more specifically, instead of Gelsadra?

That's an interesting thought. Maybe they will disappear later.
Jan 8, 2017 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
How the hell did the dude get all those angles of Little Hajime lookalike from peeking behind a pillar?

Everything came full circle.

Yuru-jii is awesome.

Tsubasa turned into a bike?

Riding Gatchaman, Acceleration!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 21, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
It's hard to believe how many layers this show actually has. Even the Gatchaman's individual weapons make sense now.

Hajime's scizzors symbolize change.
Sugane's sword reflects his knighthood and how we was always a by-the-manual kind of guy in the beginning.
Joe's fire may represent his passion.
Paipai is a "vehicle" because he was always running away from his initial problems and relied too much on the prophecies.
Etc. etc. etc.

However, since a scizzor is an "ambiguous" symbol - meaning it has a double meaning - and it also represents change, it impacted all the other weapons as well. Therefore, everything else also has a double meaning. Sugane's sword could also represent the authority/responsiblity he held and his challenge of "letting go" and not controlling everything in Season 1. Joe's fire could also symbolize destruction, as seen in this current season. And lastly, with Paipai as a "vehicle," he now goes/leads his own direction.
ZelevSep 21, 2017 3:23 PM

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 24, 2019 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
Gatchaman Crowds seriously needs more recognition. This show is just amazing. Once again, this episode shows how easily people are swayed. I'm pretty sure some people shit-talking about Gel are those same ones who voted for him. He did won by a landslide. It's not too far-fetched to assume so and the biased media has once again proven very effective to change public opinion. Now Gel's own creation are turning against him because he's now deemed to go against the atmosphere by the public's opinion. That's pretty sad. I still don't think Gel is a bad person. He has good intentions but lacks perspective. He's literally just a child in the first place. After thinking hard about what he actually wants and why he wants to stay in Earth, in the end, he thought about his friend Tsubasa instead of peace and unity and reverted back to his child form. Poor guy couldn't understand why people hate him now.

The radical pacifist guy is now starting to make sense to me. CROWDS did in fact help a lot of people but society is just not ready for that kind of power. People are easily swayed. They'll keep looking for someone to blame instead of owning up to their mistakes. You can see how Gel fell victim to society's ego. The citizens were the one who elected him on a whim in the first place because of the momentary positivity he brought but now everyone's coming for his neck. It's great that Rui still values his ideals. Lets see where this show gets us with it.

Millione is still really suspicious af though.
Nov 8, 2020 2:23 PM

Aug 2017
"You've breathed in way too much of this country's atmosphere" - nice line from Yuru-jii, given his breathing exercises :p So, his lesson is to breathe out as much as possible which is sort of a metaphor for thinking on your own?

I just noticed that Rui's weapon is X-shaped...

That last shot was cool.

Cool.

How the hell did the dude get all those angles of Little Hajime lookalike from peeking behind a pillar?

Maybe footage from street cameras, or just anime logic. Or maybe there wasn't enough time/budget/whatever to animate this from another angle.

Let's slash, stab, shoot and blow up the kuus without considering the possibility that the people they ate might still be in them. Seems legit.

RIP Mana's father I guess.
St0rmbladeNov 8, 2020 2:35 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:15 PM

» Rui dressing as a girl.

broodo - Aug 31, 2015

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:12 PM

» Is Ichinose Hajime a psychopath?

trannon1 - Sep 6, 2015

7 by Ochimusha »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:46 PM

» Tsubasa existing Ruined This show

abyss333 - Aug 4, 2015

35 by LawsonTanner »»
Aug 12, 2023 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

100 by Sirius__ »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.