Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 2, 2015 10:27 AM
May 2015
any news on season 2
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2015 10:29 AM
Sep 2, 2015 12:43 PM

Jan 2015
any news on season 2?
Sep 2, 2015 12:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
?2 nosaes no swen yna
Sep 7, 2015 6:23 AM

Nov 2014
I don't think there is any news currently, but I'm looking forward to it, because we need s2.
Sep 14, 2015 8:15 AM

Apr 2008
according to this:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv232852678

there should be a high possibility that there will be an announcement of a second season on september the 16th. Keep in mind though that this just my guess, since in the program guide there is hinted there will be an announcement of 'latest news' and 'specials'.
So we will see.
Luck is the last dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident, sweat on the other hand is for those who know it's a choice, so decide now because destiny waits for no man.
Sep 29, 2015 7:42 AM
Feb 2015
Any news for the Season 2?
Really, i was not expecting much but after seeing the season 1..what a good anime. Can't wait
Oct 13, 2015 6:14 PM
Feb 2014
also looking forward for a 2nd season
Oct 24, 2015 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
Anything new regarding a second season?
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Oct 24, 2015 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
nastyolroshi said:

There's a news section on the anime's page that you can check for announcements.
You can also use the ANN page that was linked above.
Oct 24, 2015 5:45 AM

Oct 2015
Kruzy said:
nastyolroshi said:

There's a news section on the anime's page that you can check for announcements.
You can also use the ANN page that was linked above.

I checked even before posting but there's nothing new related to a 2nd season, appreciate your response but was hoping there would be more to it.
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Oct 24, 2015 5:48 AM

Jul 2013
nastyolroshi said:
I checked even before posting but there's nothing new related to a 2nd season, appreciate your response but was hoping there would be more to it.

Why would you even expect MAL users to know more about this than what an anime news website would?
Oct 24, 2015 6:11 AM

Oct 2015
Well it's not completely absurd, people like myself asked the same question not too long ago. Perhaps they did a more advanced research than I did or their knowledge of the Jap language allowed them to find more informative articles (or interviews of sort) on the matter. Either way I don't see any harm to it.
nastyolroshiOct 24, 2015 6:18 AM
Nov 29, 2015 8:25 PM

Sep 2014
Since the anime came out the light novel sales have gone through the roof. Was the highest selling light novel series of 2015. Probs pretty likely that a second season will come in a year or two.
Nov 30, 2015 10:09 PM

Aug 2009
I hope they come out with a season 2. I really enjoyed it.
Dec 1, 2015 9:43 PM
Mar 2014
Yep. I really hope to see a second season. Been awhile since I found something I could power through like I did this one.
Dec 5, 2015 7:47 AM

Jan 2012
Yep this anime needs season 2 .

Dec 19, 2015 12:08 PM

Oct 2015
Light Novel volume 10 would normally come out in February or March but they just recently changed it to May. Some people speculate that they might announce a 2nd season or a Sword Oratoria anime.
Jan 30, 2016 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
Light novel has crossed a milestone of 4 million copies in print.
Tons of stuff.
And there's a cast event scheduled for February 21st, season 2?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/01/30-1/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-celebrates-4-million-novel-printed-and-valentines-day
Jan 30, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2014
I hope there will be

Jan 30, 2016 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Need more Hestia plz
Feb 18, 2016 6:31 AM

Sep 2015
Hello MAL users, thanks for visiting. Straight to the point, is there any official announcement about Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (Danmachi) 2nd Season? I've heard some people talk about it. they said it'll be on April 19th or sometime around it. I did some research about it via internet but i can't even found the official release date like the people said.

Or even if you got official announcement that actually deny it. It's okay, Please tell me.
(And sorry for the messy grammar)
Feb 18, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2015
If there's nothing about it on here I doubt it exists. But I could be wrong.
Feb 18, 2016 6:45 AM

Feb 2013
Hentoki said:
Hello MAL users, thanks for visiting. Straight to the point, is there any official announcement about Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (Danmachi) 2nd Season? I've heard some people talk about it. they said it'll be on April 19th or sometime around it. I did some research about it via internet but i can't even found the official release date like the people said.

Or even if you got official announcement that actually deny it. It's okay, Please tell me.
(And sorry for the messy grammar)
if it's not on MAL, ANN, or wikipedia, then it doesn't exist
Feb 18, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2007
There's no info. about 2nd season on official anime site right now. Danmachi will be participating in Gangan GA Fes. 2016 Spring on March 6, 2016, so if the official staff to the anime team plans to make a sequel, they might announce there.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 18, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
If even google can't find any info about it, then it's most likely nonexist.
Feb 18, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2015
I see. That helps me a lot. Thank you very much fore kindly response, all of you.
Feb 18, 2016 6:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
No such thing announced anywhere

However given how much it sold it'll probably get a second season eventually
Feb 18, 2016 7:17 AM
May 2009
No announcement that I am aware of.
I too Hope a second season will come out.
Feb 18, 2016 7:26 AM

Jan 2010
Thread Merged from AD
Feb 23, 2016 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
There's been announced a OVA, so that maybe explains the casting mentioned above? I don't see a second season... I think there are more shows stopping at OVA's instead of sequels.
Feb 25, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2015
there's no news about season 2 yet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
waiting for season 2
Mar 5, 2016 3:57 PM
Jan 2016
Still no info about Season 2?
Mar 5, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
will there be news about season 2 ?
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Mar 6, 2016 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
Sword Oratoria (danmachi's spin off) 's anime adaptation announced :
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1488603

So no season 2 for now, but still more anime for the franchise either way.
Mar 22, 2016 3:25 PM
Mar 2016
Anyone hear any news on season 2 yet its been a while
May 28, 2016 2:52 AM

Aug 2015
Why isn't their a season 2 yet ? I want it so bad !
May 31, 2016 8:25 AM

Oct 2015
SamarthTheAnime said:
Why isn't their a season 2 yet ? I want it so bad !

They have already announced that a Sword Oratoria (side-story to the original which focuses on the Loki Familia and Aiz) anime is being made. So I doubt they will also produce another DanMachi season this or the next year. A DanMachi OVA episode will air this Summer which will cover content from Volume 6, unless I'm wrong.

Also one issue with a 2nd season of DanMachi is that they didn't have enough content until recently. 10th Volume came out 2 weeks ago and while it's awesome I don't think it's a proper ending for a second season. I believe that the 11th Volume will offer what's needed.

Btw the first season covered the first 5 Volumes. If you really want another season of DanMachi you should buy their products to support them and hope that Sword Oratoria will be a success.
nastyolroshiMay 31, 2016 8:34 AM
Jun 1, 2016 2:48 AM
Jul 2015
nastyolroshi said:
They have already announced that a Sword Oratoria (side-story to the original which focuses on the Loki Familia and Aiz) anime is being made.

Yes, that "side story" is the "first" to come out, before any Season 2's...
And also, they might "start" all over again, from Episode 1, and go full 24 episode new season. The anime was very good, but a lot of things were rushed. So, they might just start all over, and go til whenever...

Also i thought the Volume's were supposed to be getting "more" from 6 and so on... So they should have enough material to cover S2, if they wanted to...
It's just that, they don't make money from the anime... lol. Even though it's one of the best animes ever made.
Jun 1, 2016 2:56 AM

Feb 2016
DanMachi really needs season 2 That ending CLIFFHANGER

Jun 1, 2016 3:30 AM

Oct 2015
Commentator1 said:
nastyolroshi said:
They have already announced that a Sword Oratoria (side-story to the original which focuses on the Loki Familia and Aiz) anime is being made.

Yes, that "side story" is the "first" to come out, before any Season 2's...
And also, they might "start" all over again, from Episode 1, and go full 24 episode new season. The anime was very good, but a lot of things were rushed. So, they might just start all over, and go til whenever...

Also i thought the Volume's were supposed to be getting "more" from 6 and so on... So they should have enough material to cover S2, if they wanted to...
It's just that, they don't make money from the anime... lol. Even though it's one of the best animes ever made.

Dude Sword Oratoria might be called a side story but it's equally awesome or even better IMO. Not sure if you're making fun of it or what. Go read the manga somewhere or the summaries on the wikia. It's by no means a letdown.

They won't start all over again, where did you even hear that. Sure they skipped some details but they won't start tossing their money to perfect a few unimportant scenes. You can go on the wikia page of DanMachi which is pretty detailed and read yourself some summaries and how many pages each volume has. Also what I meant is that until recently they didn't have both the content and a convincing enough ending for another season. While the 10th volume has a lot of things happening it's a dark chapter in this story and I doubt that most people would be alright with it. The upcoming 11th volume however, which is scheduled to come out in October ( might be wrong about the month, check the wikia page yourself ) is more of a retribution type of story which would fit for an epic ending to another season. Which also explains why they decided to animate Sword Oratoria right now and perhaps go back to DanMachi later.
nastyolroshiJun 1, 2016 3:35 AM
Jun 1, 2016 3:42 PM
Jul 2015
nastyolroshi said:
Dude Sword Oratoria might be called a side story but it's equally awesome or even better IMO. Not sure if you're making fun of it or what. Go read the manga somewhere or the summaries on the wikia. It's by no means a letdown.

They won't start all over again, where did you even hear that. Sure they skipped some details but they won't start tossing their money to perfect a few unimportant scenes

"equally awesome"? I don't think we saw the "same" anime?... IT IS a side story, and won't be any near "awesome", without the MC. Truly the MC brought most of the "excitement".... (Not episode 13, but they were trying to put an "end" to it...)

"They won't start all over again"... And how do you know this? How they spend their money, is none of your business....

There were "important" scenes missed. Like the guy who trains the bull, we need to see his "affection" for the goddess... And many other things. And also mostly to change that loathsome ending... And better "connect" to the next season.

And there's no need for Volume 11... They have "more" than enough to cover material for 13 more episodes, even if they went with the "pace" and "speed" of the S1. But like i said, they are probably going to start all over again. (we don't even need to include Volume 10, for S2...)
Jun 1, 2016 4:00 PM

Oct 2015
Commentator1 said:

"equally awesome"? I don't think we saw the "same" anime?... IT IS a side story, and won't be any near "awesome", without the MC. Truly the MC brought most of the "excitement".... (Not episode 13, but they were trying to put an "end" to it...)

"They won't start all over again"... And how do you know this? How they spend their money, is none of your business....

There were "important" scenes missed. Like the guy who trains the bull, we need to see his "affection" for the goddess... And many other things. And also mostly to change that loathsome ending... And better "connect" to the next season.

And there's no need for Volume 11... They have "more" than enough to cover material for 13 more episodes, even if they went with the "pace" and "speed" of the S1. But like i said, they are probably going to start all over again. (we don't even need to include Volume 10, for S2...)

The term side story is mentioned because both stories take place in the same universe. That's by no means a downgrade. I can't force you to like something that I do but you're clearly ignorant. You obviously haven't bothered to read the manga or any short summaries of the LN.

The sole purpose of an anime (most of the times if not always) is to boost the sales of the original source, whether this is a LN or manga it's irrelevant. The LN and manga sales of DanMachi and Sword Oratoria are doing great, the anime related sales not so much. The numbers are somewhere on the internet, do some research. Why would an animation studio toss more of their money to reproduce an anime season which already exists and that didn't make them huge profits? Are you insane by any chance? Your lack of knowledge and understanding of the English language made you twist my words. I never said it's my business, I simply stated my opinion, you can just ignore it and move on.

I don't like to repeat myself but as I wrote above, the anime is what it is, if you wish to learn move about the story you should buy the Light Novels to fill those blanks. It's business, they are trying to make money and not please your needs. Again if you want to know what happens next, you can buy the LN or wait for another season.

I stated this two times already but you don't seem to realize what I'm saying, so here goes literally nothing... What I said is that until Vol 10 we don't get a nice type of fight for Bell similar to what we had in season 1, I expect Vol 11 to give us that.

You're getting off-topic and that's not the point of this forum thread. I can't continue this argument with your likes buddy/girl whatever your gender is. First improve your grammar and then try to engage in a conversation with somebody. Friendly advice, look up the correct usage of ["whatever"] and avoid [...].
nastyolroshiJun 1, 2016 4:18 PM
Jun 1, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2015
nastyolroshi said:
The term side story is mentioned because both stories take place in the same universe. That's by no means a downgrade. I can't force you to like something that I do but you're clearly ignorant. You obviously haven't bothered to read the manga or any short summaries of the LN.

lol? IT IS a SIDE STORY!!! "By no means downgrade"? It's basically a "different" story. Are you high? The MC will no be there... and he was a big part of why the anime was so good. So without the MC, of course it won't be THAT GOOD...

It IS a downgrade, and It IS a Side Story... WHether you like it or not, make it "equally good" as the main story...

If you said this about "Sinbad" in Magi, then that might have made sense. Cuase Sinbad is such a badass...

nastyolroshi said:
Why would an animation studio toss more of their money to reproduce an anime season which already exists and that didn't make them huge profits? Are you insane by any chance? Your lack of knowledge and understanding of the English language made you twist my words. I never said it's my business, I simply stated my opinion, you can just ignore it and move on.

You're getting off-topic and that's not the point of this forum thread. I can't continue this argument with your likes buddy/girl whatever your gender is. First improve your grammar and then try to engage in a conversation with somebody.

Go search "Hunger X Hunter" and watch it... Maybe it'll help you get educated...

Good thing, you know it's "none of your business". So what should you do with things that has nothing with you? "Do Nothing!". That's what that means... You talk as if you are a president of some Animation Studio... when you are a NoBody!...

Lol english? grammar? xD funny kid...

I'm the one getting off-topic? I'm talking about Danmachi S2, so basically I'm ON Topic...
You on the other hand started discussing "my english and grammar"... Again i tell you! My English and grammar is NONE of your BUSSiness! omg...
You are so nosy. Putting your nose into everything that's not yours to put into... Like an old lady...
Jun 1, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
It's 2:20 AM and I'm exchanging messages with a fool. Bell does appear in Sword Oratoria in a number of occasions. As I said you're ignorant and you don't know what the story is about.

Cool, you can believe whatever you want. I don't care, if it's a downgrade for your taste then it's okay.

Don't bring other stories into this, it's not relevant at all. We're discussing something different right now.

How is hunter x hunter related to education? Hmm!?

This is a forum discussion and I simply stated my opinion which also happens to be based on facts. I'm free to write (not speak Mr Fancy pants who knows English) however the hell I want to, you can just ignore my messages or reply with a simple "Okay, whatever"

I'm not funny, you're tragic and I'm trying to educate you as politely as possible. You've used in a wrong way the characters "" a lot of times above and confused the hell out of me. And you're off-topic, the topic is indeed about S2 of the DanMachi series and you drifted into the "they will remake S1 also and I want them to show more character development this time and shit.." Like wtf, go buy the LN you cheap bastard.
nastyolroshiJun 3, 2016 5:36 PM
Jun 2, 2016 11:23 PM

Jun 2015
Commentator1 said:
nastyolroshi said:

lol? IT IS a SIDE STORY!!! "By no means downgrade"? It's basically a "different" story. Are you high? The MC will no be there... and he was a big part of why the anime was so good. So without the MC, of course it won't be THAT GOOD...

It IS a downgrade, and It IS a Side Story... WHether you like it or not, make it "equally good" as the main story...

If you said this about "Sinbad" in Magi, then that might have made sense. Cuase Sinbad is such a badass...

nastyolroshi said:
Why would an animation studio toss more of their money to reproduce an anime season which already exists and that didn't make them huge profits? Are you insane by any chance? Your lack of knowledge and understanding of the English language made you twist my words. I never said it's my business, I simply stated my opinion, you can just ignore it and move on.

You're getting off-topic and that's not the point of this forum thread. I can't continue this argument with your likes buddy/girl whatever your gender is. First improve your grammar and then try to engage in a conversation with somebody.

Go search "Hunger X Hunter" and watch it... Maybe it'll help you get educated...

Good thing, you know it's "none of your business". So what should you do with things that has nothing with you? "Do Nothing!". That's what that means... You talk as if you are a president of some Animation Studio... when you are a NoBody!...

Lol english? grammar? xD funny kid...

I'm the one getting off-topic? I'm talking about Danmachi S2, so basically I'm ON Topic...
You on the other hand started discussing "my english and grammar"... Again i tell you! My English and grammar is NONE of your BUSSiness! omg...
You are so nosy. Putting your nose into everything that's not yours to put into... Like an old lady...

Take this L bud. Lmao.
Jun 5, 2016 6:55 AM

Apr 2013
@nastyolroshi
@Commentator1

Ok ok, first off, let's calm down and simply put fact together, shall we? And don't insult each others.

1) The OVA will not cover volume 6. Covering one of the best volume in a single OVA would be a serious insult to the community as well as a stupid move. It will be a side story, either original or one of the side stories included in the novels.

2) They have more than enough content for a second season since a while. Average number of pages for the volumes after the 4th is far bigger than the 1-4.
Add to that the fact that the adaptation was horribly rushed, and they would have no problem doing a 1 cour second season with just volume 6-7-8 (which would be the most logical btw, since that's the second main arc, volume 1-5 being the first main arc, and volume 9 onward is the third)
In no way, did you hear me there, in NO WAY you can do a one cour adaptation using volume 6 to 11. Even rushed, that's just no. That would be 2 times more rushed than the first season which was already one of the most rushed novel adaptation of those last few years.

3) I agree about the "buy their product to support" part. Anyone wanting a second season of something should do that. And yes, before anyone ask me, yes, I'm doing it on what I really liked.

4) Since there's not a single information about a danmachi season 2 (not even if it will be made one day or not, although that would be logical to see one I suppose) everything is possible, including a reboot. BUT this is highly unlikely. If you do a reboot to be more faithful then you'll need at least 17-18 episodes to redo volume 1-5 while covering properly all the parts that were removed, and ideally, you'll need around 24 episodes for a decently faithful adaptation. I don't think that fans would be happy after waiting for years a second season if the second season would just be the same thing but more detailed. So, unlikely.

5) Danmachi's adaptation didn't simply "skip details". it was one of the most rushed anime adaptation of the last few years. Not the worse (thanks god for that, as the worst was really ridiculous), but definitely among the bad ones on that point. This also includes real mistakes done by the anime studio that are going to weight heavily on any new season.

6) Having read 5 volumes of sword oratoria, I can tell you that you see quite often Bell. It's from the Loki familia's POV, so every times the Loki familia encounters Bell he's obviously going to be here. Which means that he will be far more often on screen in SO than Ais was on screen during the first main series.
This does includes at the very least one fight of Bell that wasn't covered by the main series.

7) Bell being the most interesting character or whatever is personal opinion. I don't dislike him but he's probably not even in a top ten of my favourite danmachi characters (and neither Hestia nor Ais are in it either). So yes, let's keep it to facts here.
And among the facts, there's that : danmachi's adaptation was rushed in a way that every single character except for Bel land Hestia had their screentime, their development, and everything else HEAVILY toned down compared to the novels. In other words, if you only watched the series and didn't read the novels, your POV is biased on this. If you were to read the novels, your opinion on other characters may heavily change.

Either way, SO isn't a downgrade. it actually makes the main story more interesting by nicely completing it. Anyone liking Danmachi should read/watch SO. No reason to not do so.

8) the danmachi adaptation brought HUGE profits for the publisher. Actually, that anime is one of the most successful/well done advertisement in those last few years. The way they got the most of it financially was truly impressive and most other publishers could learn from this.
So whatever they decide to do, you can be sure of one thing : they know how to make profits from this title far more than you two do. So the side story anime's choice, the OVA, and whatever they decide for a sequel of the main story, they know what they're doing business-wise.

9) Being a grammar nazi on an international board is reaaaaally stupid. Not everyone is an English native. If his english is good enough to be understood, then you should have nothing to say about it.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2016 7:01 AM
Jun 5, 2016 8:44 AM

Oct 2015
@Zefyris

I read your message nearly when you posted it but I had to leave around that time and didn't manage to reply. I believe you mentioned some of the things I wrote about, plus made a few corrections and provided some more details. Which means that I was wrong about a few things and we agree on the rest. About the English part and being a grammar nazi I'm gonna have to disagree, I more or less told the user in a friendly manner (at first, because later on he modified his messages and enraged me) to avoid using [""] that often. I honestly couldn't tell if he was quoting me or using it sarcastically. I didn't comment on his sentences or anything else.
nastyolroshiJun 5, 2016 8:50 AM
Jun 5, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
nastyolroshi said:
@Zefyris

I read your message nearly when you posted it but I had to leave around that time and didn't manage to reply. I believe you mentioned some of the things I wrote about, plus made a few corrections and provided some more details. Which means that I was wrong about a few things and we agree on the rest. About the English part and being a grammar nazi I'm gonna have to disagree, I more or less told the user in a friendly manner to avoid using [""] that often. I honestly couldn't tell if he was quoting me or using it sarcastically. I didn't comment on his sentences or anything else.

I took back parts that were wrong during your conversation without caring who say what. Because if you want to discuss of something You'll first need to have the proper informations. So yes there's part I agree with you and part I don't as a result of this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.