Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hestia with long hair. Nice.

Actually, there's quite the hair style this episode:

Fan service seems to have picked up though...while Bell himself is getting more attention than usual. The chemistry between Aiz and Bell was cute I guess. The magic part didn't impress me that much although it's nice to know that Bell can use a bit of that Fire Bolt.

ED card:
Stark700May 1, 2015 11:12 AM
May 1, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2011
they need to release 2 episodes per week. seriously, this show ends on too many cliffhangers and it is unbearable to wait an entire week for the enxt ep. This show is so good and I am so disdained at the fact that there will ONLY be 13 episodes. god damn it. Then again, its good for my health considering it drives me nuts waiting on this every friday. Forza Bell kun.
May 1, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
HESTIA IS LAIFU!!!!!!

this anime is surprisingly awesome
:3
May 1, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Aiz finally showed some character for the first time, which was quite interesting. As was the mystery of the Soma familia, which seems to be gradually coming together now. Decent episode, though it could have shortened the "date" at the start in my opinion.

Also, it was really weird to see Hestia with her hair down.
May 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
Oh man Hestia at the beginning...I'm sure that pleased the fans! :D

So Lili's in a debt of some sort it would seem...the Soma Familia seems rotten, worshiping wine. I suspect Bell will use his new magic when he finally helps her. Poor Bell ran away from Aiz again, but then it's hard to feel too bad for anyone who has Hestia! :D
May 1, 2015 11:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I almost forgot about the goddess bath scene lol, I really liked that they didn't blow up the fanservice and that they kept it pretty mild :) Overall that scene was really fun and I'm glad that they kept it that way

Hestia looks way too good when she let's her hair out and it looks long and that dress that she wore to the date was so cute >//< Bummer that it got interrupted and they spent the whole evening running from those hot girls (Bell is a lucky guy because I'd kill to be on that position lol) but the aftermath of it all was really sweet

Also we find out why Lili-chan has been stealing from Bell and quiet frankly it pissed me off to see what those guys in her famiia are doing to her and how they're making her give them cash so that they can buy booze and get rich....Physical abuse doesn't sit well with me so I don't like it one bit

Next episode should be the conclusion of this little arc so I'm going to be very excited to see how this will play out in the anime...I also liked the art and animation during the scene when Bell first used his Firebolt spell and I can't wait to see him use it more :)
May 1, 2015 11:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode IMO. The date was nice with their moment at the end.
Bell learned to use simple magic. FIREBOLT! FIREBOLT! FIREBOLT!
Also it was hella funny when he literally rolled himself out when he realised he was talking to Aiz. xD
May 1, 2015 11:15 AM

May 2013
All the girls want Bell lol. Cool that he learned magic even though it wasn't intentional.
May 1, 2015 11:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Weekly reminder that Hestia is best girl
May 1, 2015 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Really liked the chemistry between Hestia and Bell, also liked Aiz showing some character and seeing Bell freaking out and running after he saw her was hilarious. I'm actually pretty curious about what's happening with the Soma familia although I have a rough idea
May 1, 2015 11:21 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hestia looks twice as good with her hair down! Bell should've complimented her on it so she'd keep it that way.
Why the hell those deities just had to interrupt their meeting? Don't they have their own men or something? >.>

Reading that grimoire out of curiosity paid off well. Bell was using Firebolt like a kid who just discovered something amazing and can't contain his excitement.
Dat Aiz underboob though.. Bell's front rolling was hilarious! XD

Looks like Lily has her own share of problems to deal with, which suggests that she wasn't necessarily a shady person all this time. Hopefully Bell will beat the crap out of those scumbag adventurer soon.

Decent episode. Wonder exactly whose grimoire was that? Freya's probably?

Feb 2014
FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO!

The way he rolled out of the dungeon was so funny I almost died. Loved the episode! One of my favourites so far.

Jul 2010
Every character has to get drunk at one point!

The date had a nice atmosphere, at least at the start of it.

Accidentally getting his hands on a grimoire to learn firebolt! Hestia trying to cover up that mess of an expensive book!

Those treatments by the Soma familia... and worshiping the wine almost makes it sounds like an addiction of the sorts.
May 1, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2010
The goddesses that where chasing Bell and Hestia where pretty funny, but they lost them in the end.
Still Eina and Aiz need more screen time, Hestia is getting to much of it.
May 1, 2015 11:43 AM
Feb 2015
Is Aiz going to get more screen time or not , because I really like her character it would be nice if there is some character development between her and Bell
May 1, 2015 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
Hestia being jelly at the start was <3
Too bad they skipped all the lewd stuff she said she wanted to do to Bell :P

Hestia's dress for the date was so cute <3 I feel bad for her getting her long awaited date ruined :( Bell on the other hand got lots of boob service with all those chicks though XD

Lili is up to something but she just can't get over Bell's kindness :3 It's just too much. Her faces of guilt are cute. Liking them way more than the manga faces.

Dat spam of Firebolts XD I guess I can understand. If a person can suddenly shoot out beams ofc they'd love to spam it XD

Dat Lap Pillow+rubbing hair+Underboob view!!! Damn what a lucky awakening >.<!! But ofc he just ran away <_< Poor Aiz. She was cute when wanting to make up for him :3

Hestia wanting Bell to act like nothing happened was lol and so was Syr acting cute and innocent even though it's technically her fault lol XD

They skipped Eina going to the Loki familia and seeing a depressed Aiz :( And Loki's story about confessing to Soma which was hilarious but oh well ^^;

Shit is gonna get real nxt ep I guess.
May 1, 2015 11:46 AM

Sep 2013
Does he always get nervous around that blond girl? Is that why he runs away all the time?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
May 1, 2015 11:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Jose07 said:
Does he always get nervous around that blond girl? Is that why he runs away all the time?
he's shy and deredere like that
May 1, 2015 11:54 AM

Mar 2012
Alright after careful examination of this series I think I finally have found the reason why I was not into this series as much as I should be and yet why I am watching it….Also I know some people out there are going to shit bricks for me comparing this to that other series but il explain why I think like that.

The reason for this is well….this series is basically Sword Art Online done right.

They both have a similar theme… One it has the clearing of dungeons floor by floor…in this case it is the dungeon tower …in SAO it was Aincrad castle…they both have fantasy world settings and feature game mechanics…..They also have the haremish atmosphere for the main lead…hell they have the same voice actors but this is one is more balanced….They also have that both characters if they die they can’t respawn…in SAO case it was a central theme…while it in this one it is not but if bell dies in the dungeon it has already been stated he will die with no chance of coming back cause in Danmachi the world is the real world…

I like SAO despite it’s flaws but because of those flaws I was disappointed with the show. Mostly cause of the poor pacing….poor character development and bad writing thin one on the other hand has none of those problems and is actually being developed quite well… I think I was not invested within as in the beginning is because my subconscious was trying to make sure I do not go through the same disappointment that I had with SAO but 5 episodes in..i can now truly say I am really liking this show….:D.
May 1, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
The billion actions and facial expresions that Bell makes are so amusing for some weird reason
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 12:04 PM

Dec 2014
I liked the episode and the animation for the magic and action is good. I can't wait to see some bigger fights later on!
May 1, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
That grimoire scene was pretty funny.

Hestia galore!
Oh god who are you people?
May 1, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
That Bell-kun, living with a big-boobed goddess which is so cute.

May 1, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2015
Why does Lili want that knife ?
The last episode already established that working with Bell is more profitable.
I guess we'll see next week.

Magic Bell==Cool fights.
May 1, 2015 12:25 PM
Feb 2015
I like the divine bathhouse... xD
Hestia is so cute in this episode, Your so lucky bell...
Well at least bell finally gets to learn magic! Fire bolt is pretty nice but is it the only one he can use?
He also gets too see that girl he always liked too... Lucky you...
No lili don't say goodbye...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 1, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2010
when he found the grimoire i expected him to give it to lili so she could improve her support role specially after she showed that magic sword.

i hoped for more lili in this episode tho, guess they want us to die waiting in suspense ...argh..!
May 1, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty cool so your personality dictates what kind of magic you obtain

May 1, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2012
llcruz said:
FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO! FIRE BOLTO!
May 1, 2015 12:49 PM

Dec 2013
The Opening seen.. OMG...
AISHITERU HESTIA
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
May 1, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2011
Great epd, i really despise the Soma family nothing but a bunch of drunk fucking assholes. Shit might start to get real in the next epd.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
May 1, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
Firebolt spammer... At least he got a lap pillow from Aiz out of it. And did Aiz get a slight nipple shot from that underboob?

Can never get enough of Hestia.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
May 1, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Hestia's dress for the date was cute. The girls ruined the date between Hestia and Bell. The girls want Bell.

Bell learn to use a Firebolt magic spell.
May 1, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
llcruz said:

Me when I start off as a mage in ragnarok
May 1, 2015 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Both Bell-kun and Hestia are deliciously silly and funny.
They make a great pair of mc and I'm really enjoying their interaction.
It seems Soma familia is going to have an important role in the story. Bell and Hestia are probably going to run into a lot of danger.
May 1, 2015 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Nice episode, good to see him get magic. I wonder if the grimoire was left by Freya..
May 1, 2015 1:21 PM

Jun 2007
blexx said:
I wonder if the grimoire was left by Freya..

I think so too.
May 1, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2012
[b]hestia with hair down O////O
My favorite anime this season :3[/b]

livingdarknetMay 1, 2015 1:25 PM
May 1, 2015 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
Loli big boobs hah
May 1, 2015 1:40 PM

Nov 2014
Bell rolling away from Aiz!

http://gfycat.com/UnlawfulPhonyBluebottlejellyfish
Hi there
May 1, 2015 1:47 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I still don't get what is the direction of this show, seems way too open. And I still find Bell way similar to the protagonist of Accel World.

At least more Aiz.
May 1, 2015 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
Hahaha. Bell just happened to "pickup" a grimoire book and develop killer magic. I'd put my money on Freya being the one who "forgot" the book at the Inn. Lili is kawaii as well (and more well-endowed than I thought). The loli overload is real here.

And Aiz's post-battle outfit... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 1, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
Really like how Hestia looks with her hair down

Dat Aiz underboob doe. Bell's reaction was hilarious XD
May 1, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2012
That escape was almost as good as the great Niijima's

May 1, 2015 2:02 PM

Dec 2013
Ais > Hestia. This stands since episode 1.

Though Hesdia did look cute without the twintails.
May 1, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
How to get out of embarrassing situations

May 1, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
I think Hestia looked better for the date in the manga but it was another nice episode. Though seeing the cuts quite a bit still but can not be helped with only 3 episodes per novel.

http://bato.to/read/_/317775/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka_ch21_by_one-time-scans/4
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
May 1, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2015
Why didn't Bel tell Lili that these guys are planning to steal from her?
May 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
Jelly Hestia is too cute <3 I died when Bell started rolling away.
smelldemon said:

I think she already knows what's gonna happen to her anyway
-Dizzy-May 1, 2015 3:01 PM
May 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
smelldemon said:

Indeed. That wimpy wimpy reaction of his was making me nuts...
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 1, 2015 3:07 PM

Dec 2014
Best episode so far. Hestia's cuteness was over 9000 this episode. And that Aiz fanservice was lovely.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

459 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 10:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.