Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2015 12:37 PM

Jun 2011
Nice adaption. The art style was actually very nice, it gives the anime a certain 'fairy tale' feeling. I love Kiki's voice actress, she's a perfect fit!
It felt a hundred times more "shoujo" than the manga, though.
Jul 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
That was teriffic! And the animation was simply stunning :)
Jul 6, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2012
Probably will be better than Yona in terms of romance

Since it doesn't look like a reverse harem >_>. There seems to be a love triangle though, but one of the members hasn't been introduced yet

Jul 6, 2015 12:40 PM
Nov 2013
I really like these type of anime just like Akatsuki no Yona, strong main girl and likeable male partner.
the visuals were very beautiful, better than i expected since the character designs look different but that doesn't mean anything now since i liked it and sure Bones can deliver something good once in a while.
Jul 6, 2015 12:51 PM

May 2013
Zeally said:

Since it doesn't look like a reverse harem >_>. There seems to be a love triangle though, but one of the members hasn't been introduced yet

Don't worry, that third main character is the best friend of both of them, not a chance for a triangle.
Jul 6, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2010
Lol errr. Wow, this is shoujo as hell. I should've known from the tags.
Jul 6, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
decent and enjoyable

interesting take on the snow white fairy tale

backgrounds looked great
Jul 6, 2015 1:07 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Saori Hayami as Shirayuki was perfect. Really liking her character. Zen is also a cool guy. They make a great pair together.

Decent start, and I hope it'll get even better. Split core should be enough to make it as good as AnY.

Jul 6, 2015 1:15 PM

Dec 2013
Perfect episode in all aspects.
Jul 6, 2015 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
DISNEY FINALLY MADE AN ANIME!!!!

or anime finally made a disney type anime?

5/5. That gurl is perf.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
Nice first episode. My thoughts so far : Good art, especially for a shoujo. Really good animation as expected from studio Bones. Interesting characters, I'm already liking Shirayuki and Zen seems interesting too. Mitsuhide ( Was that his name ? ) seems like he'll be the funny character. I don't know where the story will go next but it could be interesting. 7 or 8/10, i think it'll be one of the better anime this season, probably top 5 or 6.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Jul 6, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
Great start 9/10.
Loving the art.
Jul 6, 2015 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
I was kind of apprehensive about starting this series but this first episode was alot better than i was anticipating. The characters were quite fun to watch and generally the whole thing had this magical/fantasy air to it despite not being a world that has magic. Also I was so wrong about the animation, the trailers made me think this would be low budget but it was actually quite gorgeous.

I do worry the series could feel aimless in the future but hopefully that will also prove me wrong.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 6, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
NotJizzyHitler said:
I do worry the series could feel aimless in the future but hopefully that will also prove me wrong.

If they go page by page, it will be impossible to fail this anime. Because the manga is very well written.

JudeMaxwell said:
shanimebib said:

I really find it amusing how people compare this with AkaYona because the two stories are completely different with nothing in common (except for the red hair).

Even though I like AkaYona better

XDDD that spoiler, personally for me Shirayuki is better, the amount of character developement cannot be compared with yona, yona just drags and drags and drags and teases you to no end, things are straight forward here though,and i like the fact the author really cares about the rest of the cast too, to the point that gives whole arcs to them (Mitsuhide and Kiki ftw)

I like AkaYona more because of the later chapters in the manga which isn't animated. And AkaYona is a false-reverse-harem actually. There is only One Man for her and we all know who that is.

Also, don't get me started on Kiki and Mitsuhide. I will wait until they air more episodes! Just know for now that I like them very, very much.

JudeMaxwell said:
Zeally said:

I know you are very excited for valid reasons but you really should use spoiler tags more often. It's better for the anime fans to find out themselves why we like this manga one episode at a time.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Fucking hype!

Im pleasently satisfied with the way they apaptee the manga, and thie atmosphere they created

Also, i cant wait for obi
Jul 6, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2014
Wow this looks already splendid ! This anime is on point !
The MC are super captivating...
And the simple fact that the MCs have the same VA of Shiraishi & Yamada from Yamada & the 7 Witches will make me continue this
Jul 6, 2015 1:52 PM

May 2012
surprisingly good :)

Jul 6, 2015 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
That was actually really good! Definitely one of the best ones I've checked out from the summer anime so far.
Can't wait to see more of this and already hoping for 2 cours.
Jul 6, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
I think I now know what is going to be my favorite anime of the season along Non Non Biyori.
Jul 6, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
I loved it. Animation is colorful and pretty, characters are cool. Shirayuki is nice and cute and I already like her.
The whole poisoned apple thing as more reference to Snow White (not only her name) was interesting.
Looking forward for the next episode.
5/5
I like pancakes.
Jul 6, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
OP/ED and the bgm is pretty nice. The animation seems especially fluid. I'm not particularly interested though so far, since I've only read some parts of the beginning of the manga.
Jul 6, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
Cutting red hair is becoming a thing, but I like what it symbolizes, though.

A great start to getting us to like the characters already. How Shirayuki despite having limited time to leave still prepared all those medicines and thus being unprepared to leave was quite the scene already.

Good thing Raji was an one time thing.

Zen and Shirayuki's interactions are great.
Jul 6, 2015 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
Good first ep^^
Let's see how Snow white will do in the japanese version.
Jul 6, 2015 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
OMFG!!Loved the episode!
The is one of my favorite shoujo manga of all time ^-^ and BONES made a great job animating it! Fukuyama Jun is perfect for baka ouji, and I love zen's and shirayuki's VA.
Can't wait to see the appearance of my favorite *-*
So glad this is going to have 2 cours.
Looking forward for the next episode!
Jul 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Apr 2009
I'll watch it mostly for music. It's sooo good. Can't wait for ep 2
Jul 6, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
A good episode, with twist on Snow White :D. I got to say I am looking forward to the next episodes, because I am a huge fan of Once Upon a Time, and I just love anime series like this. Prince Raj was a real DOUCHE to say the least.
Jul 6, 2015 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
Very good pilot! I like Shirayuki and Zen a lot and I'm sure this is going to be a good story. Biting the apple was stupid af but of corse it was necessary. xD
Jul 6, 2015 3:24 PM
Oct 2013
Yey more romance anime out :3 and this first episode was cute (。>‿<。). Think i already love thoose 2 main characters 5/5. Looking forward to next episode :)
Jul 6, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
I love the teases about Clarines and future cast members. Damn, knowing what will happen only makes me want to see it animated even more.
Jul 6, 2015 3:41 PM

Sep 2013
Not as boring as I thought and the characters seems likeable. So are we going to have dwarves later?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 6, 2015 3:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
JudeMaxwell said:
LittleStar said:
No, no, no...
Why Shirayuki is voiced by Hayami Saori?!
Eh... I was waiting for this series and...
I gonna cry...
Damn it!

o.O Saori is te perfect pick for Shirayuki, you are the first person i see displeased with this.

Count me in then :P I actually voiced my opinion with Hayami Saori too when the voice cast was announced. I really like Hayami Saori's voice acting, and her beautiful singing, however there's something about her voice that just wasn't what I had in mind for Shirayuki. I feel the same way about Ohsaka Ryota too; love him but not as Zen. Everyone else seems good so far though.

As for the first episode episode, I thought it was okay :P That's because it took me a few more chapters to really get into the manga, so the anime is the same way. Except the art...which I still can't accept. The scenery is beautiful, but the style is too anime-ish (idk how else to explain it), and Zen almost doesn't even feel like Zen. The color palette is too shiny and bright instead of soft and pastel, and somehow as an anime, Akagami no Shirayukihime seems to have lost it's charm in comparison to the manga. I think I will be able to get over my nitpicks and current dissatisfaction with certain small things over time. If not, I think this will be the first time I drop an anime despite loving the source material and the anime adaptation actually being good.

I'm glad that other people are enjoying it though, more people knowing and liking Akagami is a great thing ^^
Jul 6, 2015 3:48 PM

Sep 2013
I'm already in love with this! Can't wait for next week.

What's more is Hayami Saori is voicing the main heroine, I love it!
Jul 6, 2015 3:54 PM

Nov 2012
So many facepalm-worthy moments, but I really don't care, because I watch this just for Shirayuki :x

So cute

Jul 6, 2015 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
tingy said:

Count me in then :P I actually voiced my opinion with Hayami Saori too when the voice cast was announced. I really like Hayami Saori's voice acting, and her beautiful singing, however there's something about her voice that just wasn't what I had in mind for Shirayuki. I feel the same way about Ohsaka Ryota too; love him but not as Zen. Everyone else seems good so far though.

I'm glad that other people are enjoying it though, more people knowing and liking Akagami is a great thing ^^

Exactly my thought.

Kuro_Kishi said:
I really don't care, because I watch this just for Shirayuki :x

So cute

I know, right! Just for the record,
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2015 4:10 PM

Mar 2015
I really liked this. The thing that I absolutely adored was the music. The art was gorgeous as well. A nice introduction to the characters... curious to see what happens next.
Jul 6, 2015 4:15 PM

Oct 2011
Fell in love with Zen instantly <3333. Zen and Shiraiyuki OTP <3333

Split cour!!!! Hooray!!!!
Jul 6, 2015 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
shanimebib said:
totoroll said:
Happy that it is split cours so that the romance isn't rushed.

On comment of your spoiler,

Lol I know it won't happen this cour. Just saying that I know that the series won't be rushed since it's a split cour so I expect them to animate
Jul 6, 2015 4:36 PM
Apr 2015
I knew I'll like this anime. The MCs are great. Zen is <3 Hopefully this won't be rushed or anything unrealistic. The song at the end is nice, too.
Jul 6, 2015 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
shanimebib said:

I know, right! Just for the record,

Over my dead body :P
Jul 6, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
Can I just say that I need that OST? Because it sounds amazing so far.

I read the manga for this awhile back but I forgot nearly everything that happens so this was definitely a great refresher.

So far it's really easy on the eyes and I'm pretty much in love with all the aesthetics of this show.

Can't wait to see more!
Jul 6, 2015 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
Manga Zen is a million time more good looking than the anime Zen. Actually, EVERY single male character in the manga is a bishounen but I really find it is not the case with the anime. So sad here.

The scenes they added in the anime are a nice touch. And all the voices fit the characters. Some of its scenes are unexpectedly very well animated, so well animated that it felt a tad bit out of the place (the scene where Raji fell on his chair) in comparison with the rest of the series.

Even though I'm really disappointed with the art (Akizuki Sorata's art just pleases me so much that I'm sad the anime couldn't reproduce it), the anime itself was good.

Don't mind me, I am just super picky with my favorite manga being animated.
Jul 6, 2015 5:24 PM
Jul 2014
The music is lovely and it complements the nice art as well. I stopped reading the manga for some time, and this makes me want to read it again.
Jul 6, 2015 5:30 PM

Dec 2014
I had a feeling I'd love this series ever since I first heard it was coming. Fairy tale + medieval fantasy settings + shoujo = perfect show for me. And I was right! I really needed something to fill the void left by the ending of Yona and this fits the bill perfectly. Can't wait to see more next week!
Jul 6, 2015 5:46 PM
Jul 2015
tingy said:

As for the first episode episode, I thought it was okay :P That's because it took me a few more chapters to really get into the manga, so the anime is the same way. Except the art...which I still can't accept. The scenery is beautiful, but the style is too anime-ish (idk how else to explain it), and Zen almost doesn't even feel like Zen. The color palette is too shiny and bright instead of soft and pastel, and somehow as an anime

I pretty much agree with everything except for the dropping. I'm most definitely going to finish the anime. It's going to take me a little more to get used to the casting (Kiki's voice is just too deep IMO). I also felt that the color palette is too bright but it's growing on me too I guess.

I had written earlier about this but it seems like Bones is trying to make Akagami more dramatic than it actually is. Like that messenger/guard dude? He was ultra creepy and threatening in the adaptation lol. And the shoujo-ness scale was turned all the way up with all the sparkling and stuff. It felt a little strange to me since I think that one of the charms of Akagami no Shirayukihime is that it's not that standard shoujo.
Jul 6, 2015 5:47 PM

Oct 2014
Absolutely gorgeous first episode that truly did it's source content justice. The animation was great, the backgrounds were stunning, the voice-acting was spot on, and the soundtrack really brought everything together. I'm so ready to see the rest of this fantastic manga animated, it's already looking like my vote for AOTS. I hope all of you guys stick it out til the end with me!
Jul 6, 2015 6:41 PM

May 2012
Kurini said:
Manga Zen is a million time more good looking than the anime Zen. Actually, EVERY single male character in the manga is a bishounen but I really find it is not the case with the anime. So sad here.

Even though I'm really disappointed with the art (Akizuki Sorata's art just pleases me so much that I'm sad the anime couldn't reproduce it), the anime itself was good.

Don't mind me, I am just super picky with my favorite manga being animated.

HAHA. I thought I was the only one thinking about this. And when I saw Obi in the OP (my fave character), I was a little down. Didn't they all look a little younger in the anime? Its really weird but I really like the manga art style more. Anyway, you are right. We are just being nitpicky. Hehehe. It is still a nice adaptation so far and we will probably get used to the animation as it goes on.
Jul 6, 2015 6:46 PM
Apr 2013
my only problem with it is shirayuki voice not like is bad but i can't unhear yukino/shiraishi
Jul 6, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
Fantastic first episode of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. I'm loving the characters and setting already; the fact that it's pretty much a different take on 'Snow White'. Shirayuki is gorgeous with her red hair and being a herbalist seems very useful; also being voiced by the lovely Saori Hayami. <3 Zen is a badass prince and being voiced by Ryota Osaka is great choice. I already ship them hard. xD Jun Fukuyama voicing Raj was hilarious; Raj got what was coming to him. :D Can't wait for more episodes! The OP sung by Saori Hayami was beautiful too.
5/5
Jul 6, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2013
Bones does not disappoint. Zen and Shirayuki OTP already. Beautiful animation and it feels weird that Shirayuki and Shiraishi has the same end rhyme but thats alright.

totoroll said:
Don't like people comparing it to Yona. Yona has more plot than romance while Akagami no Shirayuki has more romance than plot

Yes! This. I find this a more light-hearted version of Yona and already rooting for the two main leads.
SweetCoconutJul 6, 2015 7:08 PM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 6, 2015 7:08 PM

Feb 2015

Oh wow, beautiful animation. *.* This gave me the Disney fairy tale feeling.
Glad to have another heroine who's entire life doesn't revolve around finding a boyfriend.
So far Shirayuki and Hotaru (Aoharu x Kikanjuu) are my favorite girls.

I think I found my ship of the season.

Zen saves the day. He seems like a cool character and not the plain loser/wimp type.
It felt good to see him pummel that guard.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.