Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 10, 2015 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not a big fan of the anorexic look of the protagonist, and also his almost feminine look, but I watched Shinsengumi Kitan, so I can't complain too much about feminine looks.

Overall the story seems interesting. I'm not crazy about the way it's drawn, but we'll see.
Jul 10, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
Kreynor said:
I'm not a big fan of the anorexic look of the protagonist.

uwotm8. Going with the artstyle of the anime, he Is quite normal.

Jul 10, 2015 4:58 AM

Mar 2014
Kreynor said:
I'm not a big fan of the anorexic look of the protagonist, and also his almost feminine look, but I watched Shinsengumi Kitan, so I can't complain too much about feminine looks.

Overall the story seems interesting. I'm not crazy about the way it's drawn, but we'll see.
You go spend a couple months in a hole eating only bread and see where that gets you.
Jul 10, 2015 6:47 AM
Jan 2014
Nashetania's design is so freaking cute. Goddamn she single-handedly tempts me to continue watching an otherwise generic looking anime.

Nice Opening theme and OSTs.
Jul 10, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
Loved the action scenes!
Jul 10, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2011
Zefyris said:
Zeando said:

dunno, don't think mals comments have that big effect on the sales :/

I never said Mal comment were influencing sale, and they don't.
I said that slow place-> peoples will drop early.
This has two consequences :
-Drop in sale
-Peoples on MAL will drop early as well so the threads after a few episodes should be far cleaner.

I didn't link the two, the two are the consequences of the slow pace.

people lately seems to be addicted to fast and high/hype events in the shows, so you're partly right about drops, but sales?
maybe i'm missing something obvious, but don't sales start once the show is over? or you're considering also the pre-orders?

but anyway, having a slow pace is not a bad thing in general,shouldn't it just mean the show will have a more mature following?

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 10, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
Zeando said:
Zefyris said:

I never said Mal comment were influencing sale, and they don't.
I said that slow place-> peoples will drop early.
This has two consequences :
-Drop in sale
-Peoples on MAL will drop early as well so the threads after a few episodes should be far cleaner.

I didn't link the two, the two are the consequences of the slow pace.

people lately seems to be addicted to fast and high/hype events in the shows, so you're partly right about drops, but sales?
maybe i'm missing something obvious, but don't sales start once the show is over? or you're considering also the pre-orders?

but anyway, having a slow pace is not a bad thing in general,shouldn't it just mean the show will have a more mature following?
lol what if a show is bad people aren't going to buy it.
Jul 10, 2015 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Really enjoyed that. Seems like it'll be something interesting to keep up with for sure and interested to meet the rest of the heroes.

OP and ED were pretty nice too.
Jul 10, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Zeando said:

because if peoples drop the anime because they're bored, they won't reach the plot twists, and won't buy the novels either beause they don't know its worth? that sounds... obvious :/
Jul 10, 2015 4:46 PM

May 2013
Interesting.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 10, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
CookingPriest said:

He did seem a bit dumb during prison talk, but the whole "scent of apples?" and his smirk at finding dagger and apple in the cell seemed to be quite clearly showing he is putting everything together.

After all if the princess being the "maid" were to be completely unexpected to him, he would have had a way bigger reaction. As it stands it was more of "so i was right" kind of face.

Exactly. He actually outsmarted already some anime watcher on that scene since quite a good amount didn't understand that he found out with the combination of apple+knife.
BTW, I'm not really worried about peoples finding him dense. This character will keep showing that he's cunning, knowledgeable and intelligent for the whole series. So even the peoples that didn't get the impression from the first episode will egt it afterwards anyway.

Him smiling with the apple and knife must have been so subtle that I missed it. Because I thought that he didn't realize it and they were just going to save that revelation as some kind of joke later.

That's actually better though. If they can pull of his wit and show his intelligence without him verbally saying, "I'm a goddamn genius" then that's good writing.
Jul 11, 2015 1:17 AM

Feb 2011
Paulo27 said:
lol what if a show is bad people aren't going to buy it.

bad and slow pace are different things, or not?

Zefyris said:
Zeando said:

because if peoples drop the anime because they're bored, they won't reach the plot twists, and won't buy the novels either beause they don't know its worth? that sounds... obvious :/
dunno, something seems to be missing in that reasoning, like the rumors and general recommendations coming from the ones who did follow a show until the end
also, "people having the patience of 5 years old" shouldn't be the only demographic existing, so even if they won't follow after dropping, so long the show is good, it'll get the attention it deserves (look at shows like mononoke, they take some time to gain momentum but they definitely get recognized for their worth after some time)
or maybe i'm just not so pessimistic :P

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 11, 2015 2:39 AM

Mar 2014
Zeando said:
bad and slow pace are different things, or not?
The way you worded "don't sales start once the show is over? or you're considering also the pre-orders?" makes me think, without wanting to be rude, 1. you have no idea how sales work 2. you think sales a are completely independent from a work's quality, see 1.
No, bad/slow pace won't automatically mean bad sales, but I think Zefyris makes a good point in how people might just get bored of the show and drop it halfway and then it won't get sales because people never even finished, "sales" start as soon as the show starts, not after it's over, I'm not even sure what you were trying to say with that really. This is also an fantasy series, it is not Mononoke, there are different expectations and different people watch these 2 series and look for different things in them.
Jul 11, 2015 5:34 AM
Apr 2015
I think he repeat " I am the world strongest " not only for everyone but to himself as well .

From the flashback and his talk i can guess that he have a personal reason to become a heroes , and he keep telling he the strongest to boost his confident because from his fighting style i think he doesnt have any magic or special power like other heroes i saw in the OP ( maybe im wrong ) .
bluebeachJul 11, 2015 5:40 AM
Jul 11, 2015 8:05 AM

Sep 2013
Good first episode, the protagonist is pretty cool too.
Jul 11, 2015 8:07 AM

Oct 2014
It was quite a promising episode. It introduced the cast nicely. I felt that it was slightly too fast paced at times, but its a nice anime so far; I just hope they put the nicely-developed world setting to good use.
Jul 11, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
A promising start!
Love the Mexican/ Mayan/ Aztec setting, thats quite new. Usually its Europe or Norse Mythology.

Backdrops and animation are BEAUTIFUL. Damn. Look at all those colors.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 11, 2015 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
Not a bad start. At the very least, it wasn't a typical adventure romcom.
Jul 11, 2015 10:38 PM
Jul 2015
What I liked:
1 - The setting, never seen an anime that used Tenochtitlan (Aztec) as a setting.
2- background characters (the fighters) looked interesting, moreso than the MC. Hate the MC...
...that's pretty much it.
What I disliked:
1- Everyone is PALE!...
2.At first sight I thought it was loosely based off an Aztec myth (Since the rabbit girl could represent the rabbit depicted in their calendar). But apparently not. Also the fact that Aztecs participated in the Flower Wars before the Conquistadors came.
3- The names of EVERYTHING...author just wrote random European names on a hat and picked randomly.
4- The MC is annoying. Rabbit girl feels out of place, look at her outfit. Heck...all the secondary characters outfits, they're all out of place.

tl;dr- thought I was finally seeing an anime based off a mesoamerican story. Realized they just used Tenochtitlan to add a different flavour to an otherwise usual trope of a story. Very disappointed.
CuauhtemocJul 11, 2015 10:44 PM
Jul 12, 2015 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
Fantastic. I need to sleep after a quick ep of Junjou so I'll save episode 2 for tomorrow.

That was just really good. OP/ED on point, animation great, voices great, OST great, direction and story telling great.

Thank you.
Jul 12, 2015 4:37 AM

Mar 2014
Cuauhtemoc said:
What I liked:
1 - The setting, never seen an anime that used Tenochtitlan (Aztec) as a setting.
2- background characters (the fighters) looked interesting, moreso than the MC. Hate the MC...
...that's pretty much it.
What I disliked:
1- Everyone is PALE!...
2.At first sight I thought it was loosely based off an Aztec myth (Since the rabbit girl could represent the rabbit depicted in their calendar). But apparently not. Also the fact that Aztecs participated in the Flower Wars before the Conquistadors came.
3- The names of EVERYTHING...author just wrote random European names on a hat and picked randomly.
4- The MC is annoying. Rabbit girl feels out of place, look at her outfit. Heck...all the secondary characters outfits, they're all out of place.

tl;dr- thought I was finally seeing an anime based off a mesoamerican story. Realized they just used Tenochtitlan to add a different flavour to an otherwise usual trope of a story. Very disappointed.
Look at it this way: if everyone looks out of place, no one but MC is out of place
Jul 12, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Too much information dump already.
Was an interesting first episode. Felt a bit rushed though.
Jul 12, 2015 3:32 PM
Jul 2015
It seems decent so far, although I thought that crashing a ritual fight the way he did seemed a little idiotic. I guess the MC could turn out to be likeable... if he ever shuts up about how strong he is. :/

Disappointed that it seems like they're not doing anything with the Aztec elements, they're just. There. Would have been nice to see actual Aztec myths tie into it or something, I dunno.
Jul 12, 2015 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
Not bad.

Jul 13, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
GosuGian said:
Not bad.

Pretty good actually.
Jul 13, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
1307 said:
It seems decent so far, although I thought that crashing a ritual fight the way he did seemed a little idiotic. I guess the MC could turn out to be likeable... if he ever shuts up about how strong he is. :/

Disappointed that it seems like they're not doing anything with the Aztec elements, they're just. There. Would have been nice to see actual Aztec myths tie into it or something, I dunno.

he did that because when he tried to register the normal way, due to his dirty way of fighting he wasn't allowed to enter. This is a sacred tournament in front of the Goddess so that kind of fighting isn't going to please peoples.
So he let all the contestant beat each other until only the two strongest remained, and came in, beating the two at the same time.
They left that explanation out in the anime (that's about the only thing they left out though).
Jul 13, 2015 1:50 PM

Mar 2009
That was a solid first episode, but the long and drawn-out jail scene really brought it down. Exposition dumps are never fun.
Jul 13, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
Mormegil said:
That was a solid first episode, but the long and drawn-out jail scene really brought it down. Exposition dumps are never fun.

Actually, I beg to differ. World building construction IS completely fun and enjoyable. It just depends on the person.
I could take whole episodes of world building with no problems and enjoy it properly as long as that world building is interesting. that few minutes of talk is so short that for me, it can hardly even be said to be world building, that's like writing the "w" of world building, at best.
I enjoy that kind of thing a lot, and in the contrary, always regret when it's not done for the sake of "not boring a part of the anime watcher".
Jul 13, 2015 2:39 PM
Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
The heroes are chosen by proving themselves in front of one of those gigantic statues that are here and there on the continent -that part has already been said in episode 1) AND will have a strong motivation for stopping the majin. It won't sellect someone that would be afraid of Kyouma for example, or that would have such a slight motivation to do it that he could betray the rokka somewhere in between.

Can the Goddess read minds to check if someone has strong enough motivation? Because otherwise anyone can lie that they have it or just believe they do and be wrong.
And if Goddess really can read minds, then I guess people who didn't read VN, me included, can use this fact in figuring out who is the bad guy. I mean, the one who doesn't look honest about wanting to do the mission.
Jul 13, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
apokaliz500 said:
Zefyris said:
The heroes are chosen by proving themselves in front of one of those gigantic statues that are here and there on the continent -that part has already been said in episode 1) AND will have a strong motivation for stopping the majin. It won't sellect someone that would be afraid of Kyouma for example, or that would have such a slight motivation to do it that he could betray the rokka somewhere in between.

Can the Goddess read minds to check if someone has strong enough motivation? Because otherwise anyone can lie that they have it or just believe they do and be wrong.

Answer in pretty much one word

That's not a VN, that's a LN btw.
Jul 13, 2015 2:59 PM
Sep 2014
Yeah, true, I mixed those up because they both contain "Novel" in the name ^^"
Also, now that I think about it, it really looks like Adlet may be the one. I mean, that scene when those tentacles came to him looked like it was a dream. I mean, he sees this and then we have a literal "waking up" scene. I have no reason to assume that dream was related to the way the Goddess gives out those crests. The other argument they're not related is that tentacles were reaching for his forehead while the crest appeared on his hand. Also those tantacles look kinda like that Demon God. Tentacles don't really fit with Goddess of all the good stuff, too.
On the other hand, from the story he told us, it looks like he totally has motivation to kill Demon God, so that would contradict him being the bad guy... unless this story was all lie, of course.
Jul 13, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
Adlet is quite a character, he has a very creative fighting style. I like his nonchalant attitude towards everything he faces. "Oh, I got imprisoned. Time to start lifting as I wait to be chosen." Although a tad bit arrogant, his confidence isn't without reason. The lore seems interesting so far and I like the Mayan ruin sort of feel that came with that kingdom. Also just a nitpick but I like how it showed a transition of time before his arm healed.
Jul 14, 2015 1:45 AM

Apr 2013
apokaliz500 said:
Yeah, true, I mixed those up because they both contain "Novel" in the name ^^"
Also, now that I think about it, it really looks like Adlet may be the one. I mean, that scene when those tentacles came to him looked like it was a dream. I mean, he sees this and then we have a literal "waking up" scene. I have no reason to assume that dream was related to the way the Goddess gives out those crests. The other argument they're not related is that tentacles were reaching for his forehead while the crest appeared on his hand. Also those tantacles look kinda like that Demon God. Tentacles don't really fit with Goddess of all the good stuff, too.
On the other hand, from the story he told us, it looks like he totally has motivation to kill Demon God, so that would contradict him being the bad guy... unless this story was all lie, of course.

White things fits more with a god than a demon though. The red smoke was the Majin awakening, but what he saw in shining white (which looked more like some kind of spiralling roots than tentacles) which pierced the red and touched him made me think of angel's wings or something.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Also just a nitpick but I like how it showed a transition of time before his arm healed.
I don't think it's nitpick, I like all the little stuff like that they did.The way they've shown the passage of time by looking at the bars, the way Nashetania was having a hard time not to laugh in the background when Adlet was talking in front of the goddess' statue after defeating the two warriors, the way he splashed WATER on the guy before using the fire so that he's not burned too much (whereas he obviously splashes some kind of oil if it's a kyouma), the sounds of the arm of that warrior being dislocated is clearly audible, and so on. It's full of interesting details.
Jul 14, 2015 2:13 AM

Jul 2011
Zefyris said:
I don't think it's nitpick, I like all the little stuff like that they did.The way they've shown the passage of time by looking at the bars, the way Nashetania was having a hard time not to laugh in the background when Adlet was talking in front of the goddess' statue after defeating the two warriors, the way he splashed WATER on the guy before using the fire so that he's not burned too much (whereas he obviously splashes some kind of oil if it's a kyouma), the sounds of the arm of that warrior being dislocated is clearly audible, and so on. It's full of interesting details.

whoa didn't catch some of that, i love it, especially when i check back and see the princess is actually holding her laugh after the fights between adlet and others, it's nice when an anime putting much thought on details like that.
Jul 14, 2015 6:51 AM

Feb 2012
Zefyris said:

Zefyris said:
he did that because when he tried to register the normal way, due to his dirty way of fighting he wasn't allowed to enter. This is a sacred tournament in front of the Goddess so that kind of fighting isn't going to please peoples.
So he let all the contestant beat each other until only the two strongest remained, and came in, beating the two at the same time.
They left that explanation out in the anime (that's about the only thing they left out though).

I've said this before, but God Bless You indeed. I didn't even notice this, except for the princess holding back her laugh part. And thank you for that explanation. I feel like I need to always check episode discussions to not miss out stuff. You're making me like this even more <3

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 14, 2015 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
Oh boy.

Dis some good stuff.

Makes my kokoro feelz good.

5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 14, 2015 12:10 PM
Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
White things fits more with a god than a demon though. The red smoke was the Majin awakening, but what he saw in shining white (which looked more like some kind of spiralling roots than tentacles) which pierced the red and touched him made me think of angel's wings or something.

I didn't say anything white there. The tentacle/root thing went with the whole rainbow, but didn't get white at any point. Also it looked more like plant growing from it rather than piercing it. I don't really see anything that looks like angels wings, too. Also, actually comparison to root also makes me think like Demon God, because it literally looks like a big plant when princess talks about it.
Jul 15, 2015 5:31 AM

Dec 2012
The opening song and this first episode are good. The MC is funny and seems to be powerful with all his traps.
Interesting beginnings.
Jul 16, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2015
Great first episode. Fantastic animation (which I don't usually notice), good music (love that ost already!) Fun-looking characters (my very first thought was "I love that dude's hair"). Can't wait to see more.

Jul 17, 2015 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
Just started the series, it was undoubtedly fun, and both the MCs were really good! But the whole thing seemed rushed. A lot. Hope it gets better.
LanzJul 17, 2015 9:59 AM
Jul 18, 2015 12:28 AM
May 2010
Wow... the first episode felt really rushed...

So first this cocky dude claimed himself to be some kind of prophesy, had no clue why that is, used underhanded fights to show that he is the best man, went into prison, and BAM!! One of the greatest warrior in the country! Yep, I just summarized the entire episode.

Just Wow.
jimmy2027Jul 18, 2015 12:32 AM
Jul 18, 2015 12:58 AM

Apr 2013
apokaliz500 said:
Zefyris said:

I didn't say anything white there. The tentacle/root thing went with the whole rainbow, but didn't get white at any point. Also it looked more like plant growing from it rather than piercing it. I don't really see anything that looks like angels wings, too. Also, actually comparison to root also makes me think like Demon God, because it literally looks like a big plant when princess talks about it.

Felt to me like it was the "fog" around it that was colouring it but that spiral was actually white with transparency.
Also, in whichever case, a rainbow coloured spiral doesn't really feel like demonic to me~

Bear said:

I've said this before, but God Bless You indeed. I didn't even notice this, except for the princess holding back her laugh part. And thank you for that explanation. I feel like I need to always check episode discussions to not miss out stuff. You're making me like this even more <3

I don't think a God is going to bless me for that, but you're welcome and glad to hear it's making you liking the show more :]

But the whole thing seemed rushed. A lot. Hope it gets better.

Wow... the first episode felt really rushed...

People watch what may be the slowest LN adaptation we had in those last 5 years and then say that. Somehow I wonde rif they don't copy past that part of the comment for every anime adaptation because it's usually true or something lol.

So first this cocky dude claimed himself to be some kind of prophesy, had no clue why that is, used underhanded fights to show that he is the best man, went into prison, and BAM!! One of the greatest warrior in the country! Yep, I just summarized the entire episode.

Uh.... what? Did you look at the direction of your screen when the episode was displayed? He didn't claim to be a prophesy, and you clearly didn't understood why he did that and what happened afterwards except for the fact that he went into prison (congratulations for getting that part right I... suppose?)
Jul 21, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
Expected this to be pretty generic shit, but it's not as generic as I thought.
Don't like the MC though...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 25, 2015 1:46 AM

Sep 2014
A little on the fence on this one. There was some cool stuff, but this setting is pretty confusing. They talked a lot, but I didn't get most of it. It's like they're overusing all these unusual names. Instead of a clear explanation when a new concept is mentioned, they throw 2-3 other things I don't understand into the mix. The same thing when it comes to new places. Instead of talking about this place, they mention even more places.
Jul 25, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
I like the 2 members already, looking forward to meet the other 4, I am sure they all will be cool as well!
Jul 27, 2015 1:29 AM

Mar 2008
I quite liked the first episode, but I dislike the MC's personality/character... also, I'm not too fond of the setting. Heard they changed it from the LN, they should have kept the european one. On the other hand it makes the setting more unique..
The character designs are so extravagant and that's why I like them. :)
Vanessa-Jul 27, 2015 1:32 AM
Jul 28, 2015 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Looks promising though not the biggest fan of his fighting style so far.
Jul 29, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
My favorite part of the season. When we're a few episodes in and I start picking up the shows I didn't notice at the start of the season. Looks like it's going to be a good one. The animation quality is very good imo. I'm excited to see where it goes.
Jul 29, 2015 11:09 PM

Jul 2010
Zefyris said:
apokaliz500 said:

Answer in pretty much one word

That's not a VN, that's a LN btw.

HEAVY SPOILER QUESTION INTENDED FOR THOSE WHO READ THE NOVEL IN RESPONSE TO THESE POSTS.
THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ IT, PLEASE AVOID.

redd530Jul 30, 2015 4:08 AM
Jul 30, 2015 3:49 AM

Apr 2013
You're not supposed to discuss anything beyond the first episode in this thread. Even heavily spoiler tagged like that.
Technically, your post can be reported for breaking the rules. So please delete it and ask it in the relevant thread on the LN side. Thanks in advance.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.