Forum Settings
Forums

A really sweet/nice person confesses to you, however, you're not interested. How do you turn them down?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2013
Oneesanismywaifu said:
"Sorry I need to take a shit brb"

lmfao underrated post
Jun 30, 2015 7:17 PM

Sep 2014
WyNdZ said:

I don't know about you but the ones who I like are usually the ones who are out of my league and similarly the ones who like me are the ones who aren't in my league

Well I wouldn't say the people I like are out of my league, but it always seems I fall for the people who have zero interest in me. And then the people I feel nothing for, fall for me. Rather sad really, but I can't just make myself fall in love with someone, and the same can be said about those who aren't interested in me either.
Jun 30, 2015 10:28 PM

Aug 2010
Soulass said:
A question I've pondered quite a bit lately. Because reasons.

Do you be blunt, or do you maybe dull down the truth with a bit of a lie? I think I'd tell them the truth about how I'm not interested, but I'd be as kind as I can.

Probably say something like:

"I'm honestly really flattered, and your feelings make me kinda happy. You seem like a really sweet girl, but I don't really want to be your boyfriend. I'm sorry. I can give you a hug though!"

If you're already taken, in this hypothetical situation, pretend that you're single.

Why would you turn them down? Sometimes people don't know what's good for them until it happens, so at least give them a chance
Jun 30, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
I've had this happen already. It was harsh for me because I kind of left it open and in the air rather then telling them bluntly that I'm uninterested, and after that she really didn't talk to me all that much anymore, and when we did converse it was extremely awkward. Not commonly dealing with a situation like this I was unsure how to handle it.

I'd wager being more straightforward would've been miles better.
Nop.
Jun 30, 2015 10:47 PM

May 2012
Simple and quick: "Not interested"
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jun 30, 2015 11:09 PM

Dec 2013
I'd probably just say; "No" and resume whatever it is that I was doing. It's rude to play around with others emotions.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jun 30, 2015 11:10 PM

Oct 2012
DeadSnow24th said:
"I'm not interested in any relationships at this time. But if you can settle for just being friends, that would be good."
I used this one once.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 30, 2015 11:16 PM

Jun 2015
Just say you're not interested. No matter what you say, don't be surprised if they stop talking to you for a while. If they confess to you, they are not interested in staying just friends any more.

Jul 1, 2015 1:39 AM

Jun 2014
Kindly reject them.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 3, 2015 2:55 PM

Dec 2014
"You feel that way about me?...Oh...um...sorry,I'm...into lambs."
Jul 3, 2015 3:26 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Be honest and say 'sorry, I don't want to f*ck you'.
Jul 3, 2015 3:34 PM

Oct 2012
Date them, introduce them to your parents, marry them, go on a honeymoon, have three kids, raise them to adulthood, then whisper softly into your spouse's ear:
'I never loved you'.

clearly

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 3, 2015 5:34 PM

Nov 2014
Tell them you're flathered and that he/she is a great guy/girl, but you're not interested.
Jul 3, 2015 10:17 PM
Jun 2015
I would try to politely decline and say that we should stay as good friends.
Jul 4, 2015 7:38 AM

Jul 2014
"Only if you like it in the butt." Proceed with hip moving while licking your fingers and staring intensely into her eyes.
Jul 4, 2015 8:00 AM
May 2015
Say you're not single with your girlfriend beyond the monitor.
Jul 4, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2012
Here's a method that always works.

Jul 4, 2015 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
I would just say I do not feel that connection. I would still consider them though and put a lot of thought over it continuously.
Jul 4, 2015 8:58 PM

Jan 2012
You don't.
(you did say she was a sweet/nice person)
For a the kind of losers that waste time on this site, you won't likely get another opportunity like that.

Or if you're really determined to get rid of her, give her a link to your MAL profile so she can see what a loser you are - that'll scare her away.
Jul 5, 2015 1:16 AM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
WyNdZ said:

I don't know about you but the ones who I like are usually the ones who are out of my league and similarly the ones who like me are the ones who aren't in my league

Well I wouldn't say the people I like are out of my league, but it always seems I fall for the people who have zero interest in me. And then the people I feel nothing for, fall for me. Rather sad really, but I can't just make myself fall in love with someone, and the same can be said about those who aren't interested in me either.

If people are falling for you, you're already in a good position.

Imagine when it never happens.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 5, 2015 2:42 AM

Jan 2012
shotz_ said:
VBS said:
You don't.
(you did say she was a sweet/nice person)
For a the kind of losers that waste time on this site, you won't likely get another opportunity like that.

Or if you're really determined to get rid of her, give her a link to your MAL profile so she can see what a loser you are - that'll scare her away.
i bet girls would be super stoked with all the sexual loli shit coming from your profile
At no point have I sexualized lolis. I prefer my lolis cute and innocent.

Anyway, you've just proven my point: just having a MAL profile can give someone the wrong impression.
Jul 5, 2015 3:35 AM

Aug 2009
Just be blunt and honest, don't lead her on or give her the wrong idea. If she still wants to be friends then fine, if she wants to break things off completely though you need to let her go.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 5, 2015 3:37 AM
May 2015
battosai-01 said:
Just be blunt and honest, don't lead her on or give her the wrong idea.

This. Being blunt is kinder in the long run.
Jul 5, 2015 5:22 AM

May 2015
Sorry but we're just friends.
Its easy to reject someone but hard to confess anyone you know.
Jul 5, 2015 5:24 AM
Dec 2014
Jessica said:
In most cases I would try to just be honest with them and tell them I'm not interested as nicely as I could. I think honesty is important and its always best if the person can handle it.
DarkFragBR said:
Ew, it's hard.
I would try give a sweet speech meaning "I don't want you". :(
j
Jul 5, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2014
"Thanks"
Jul 5, 2015 7:24 AM

Feb 2015
How much social awareness do they have? Can they pick up on subtle signals?

If they can, then be gentle with them. If they can't, then be harsh.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 5, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
yomachi said:
"To tell you the truth... I like you too.
Whenever I think about you, I always thought of your smile...
Your smile has always been filled with kindness...
Your smile has always been filled with warmth...
Even in my darkest hours, thinking about you seemed like you were the only glimmer in my life...
When I had no one else to talk to, you would always be right beside me...
When I had no shoulder to cry on, you would always hug me...
We would always talk about pointless things,
...but even those things somehow seems to make me happy.
That's why this is hard for me...
For some reason, hearing you say "I love you"...
...felt like they were the most painful words I've heard from you.
You're the strongest glimmer in my life...
...but I just can't help but think I don't deserve you.
I simply just don't deserve someone as kind as you.
I'm sorry..."

Too much?

that should be made into a song...
Tch!
Jul 5, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
Kindly convince the person that you like him/her, but just as a friend.
Jul 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Jan 2012
shotz_ said:
VBS said:
At no point have I sexualized lolis. I prefer my lolis cute and innocent.

Anyway, you've just proven my point: just having a MAL profile can give someone the wrong impression.
because little anime girls with camel toes are not not sexualized at all.
Only if you want them to be.
I just dumped a whole load of random clothed neko girl pics (I don't even have nudes in my Dropbox) - you're the perv for looking for looking at them in a sexualized way.

I'm not one to discard good, cute pictures because the clothing is a little tight.
It's not like I have, nor post anything inherently sexual. (e.g. nude girls covered in cum)
Even "little anime girls with camel toes" can be innocent if you don't look at them with lust.

I didn't post the pictures with the intent of subjecting them to suggestive remarks above them, but merely because they were relevant.
If I intended for them to be sexualized, I would've posted from the "explicit" section of Sankaku instead of from my own collection.
I guess I'm partly responsible for not expecting people to look at them through a lewd filter and explicitly separating the two sections of my comment. (which was never meant to be taken seriously) [If you read my previous post, it was pretty obvious I was just messing around in that thread]

The thing that makes lolis so irresistibly cute is their innocent charm - sexualizing them lays waste to that and they'd lose their appeal.

But feel free to take it the wrong way, I don't care. It's your mind that's corrupted, not mine.
It yet again proves my point of how easy is is for someone to see stuff on this site from the other side of the line and get the wrong impression.
NyaaJul 5, 2015 11:15 AM
Jul 5, 2015 11:22 AM

Nov 2014
I'd turn them down as nicely as possible. Brutal and frank rejections can be traumatizing; it's something that can stay with a person for a lifetime. There are ways to be honest without being an asshole.
Jul 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
traed said:

If people are falling for you, you're already in a good position.

Imagine when it never happens.

Well I've only ever had 2 people "fall" for me before, and one of them was incredibly dubious, so I can't even be sure if did like me or not, or if he was just horny as hell (very likely the latter).

As for the other one, I would have accepted his confession in a heartbeat, if he wasn't such a mess when it came to alcohol. Granted, I'm not perfect and I'm a total screw-up in more ways than one, but someone who gets drunk to the point of passing out nearly every single day is still a complete turn-off for me, no matter who it is. Even if he was some kind of other-wordly Adonis, I still wouldn't have touched him if he was the last bloke on Earth.
Jul 5, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
shotz_ said:
VBS said:
Only if you want them to be.
I just dumped a whole load of random clothed neko girl pics (I don't even have nudes in my Dropbox) - you're the perv for looking for looking at them in a sexualized way.
still probably not as big a perv as the person that drew them.

but there's no need for all the mental gymnastics to justify the pics or turn this on me, champ. i don't really care as long as it's cartoons, i'm only subtly calling you a hypocrite for calling other people losers who's mal accounts would turn people off.

in the future you should be more careful before you post stupid shit, especially when it's about other mal users.
I never denied that my own MAL account would turn people off. That statement is not meant to single out any one person. It applies to all MAL users - myself included.
MAL is the darkness within us that we must hide from society in order to maintain a normal appearance.

Problem: Need to get rid of a boy/girl who wants to date you?
Solution: Show them your MAL.
Although the first point I made before that is to first re-evaluate whether it is a problem in the first place as chances like that don't come by often for everyone - especially the stereotypical introverted internet otaku that waste away their lives on MAL.

NyaaJul 5, 2015 1:34 PM
Jul 5, 2015 1:30 PM
Mar 2014
Your response is fine as it is, OP; I'd probably say something along the same lines.
Jul 5, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2014
NudeBear said:
Oneesanismywaifu said:
"Sorry I need to take a shit brb"

lmfao underrated post

treu dat
Jul 5, 2015 2:55 PM
Sep 2014
Just go on a date you have nothing to lose
Jul 5, 2015 7:29 PM

Apr 2013
This actually happened with my best friend at the time. She liked me for two years and it came down to that point. Unfortunately there's really no *good* outcome, because you can tell yourself that you will still be friends and at the end of the day, things will just be different between you two.

You can say it in a good way, but sometimes things go south. Just gotta hope for the best after that.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 5, 2015 7:55 PM
Jul 2015
Be kind, but tell him/her you're not interested.
Jul 5, 2015 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
I suck at rejecting people, so I would somewhat tell a little white lie.
Jul 5, 2015 8:05 PM

Mar 2015
Pretend like that you never heard it.
Jul 5, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2014
I would tell them "Sorry, I like you, but i'm not interested in relationships". If they are nice then they deserve the truth.
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.
Jul 5, 2015 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
Sweet/nice don't mean shit if i ain't into them, but if their hot, I'd go out with em, screw em, n never talk to em again lol
Jul 5, 2015 9:37 PM

Jan 2015
I'd tell her that the can get someone way better than me xd
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» (Nearly) Dying in your dreams

TheAngryNerd - Oct 18, 2022

25 by Traumdeutung »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture? ( 1 2 )

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

51 by MalchikRepaid »»
4 minutes ago

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 7 minutes ago

0 by scarydragon »»
7 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

73 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

79 by dreamingneon »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.