Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 9, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
Shrimperor said:

Can any LN reader confirm if they are rushing or not?

i can confirm it is even tho im not a LN reader
Jul 9, 2015 12:33 PM
Mar 2014
juicykitten95 said:
Shrimperor said:

i can confirm it is even tho im not a LN reader

lmao but yeah
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 9, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
Is this anime really just gonna kill everyone? I understand that's how Ibuki draws out the Red Dragon's power but I feel like not giving the viewers a chance to get to know the characters more will do more bad than good. Like, I felt no sadness when Mashiro died last episode and when Kai died in this one....whatever, I'll keep watching
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 9, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2014
Better paced but still fairly rushed, but not surprising I guess considering the length of the anime.
OP is great and still best part of this.lol Kaguraba
Sweallow Clazzvali though. It's Swallow Craftsvalley lmao, but better than Soirot Clasberi I guess.Eykha though for Eiha. Though I suppose Eikha or Eykha is close enough.
Lol at how they have Swallow address Ibuki the same as Eiha despite the intentional difference written.And lol 2 at all the reused frames.The fight looked pretty lazily animated too. Well, it looks better than the first episode, at least, which is funny since the first ep usually looks the best. CGI still looks ridiculous.
Well, never liked Ibuki or Eiha too much in the LN either and they're worse here if anything so not particularly a fan of those two. Still at least Nasuteam and Uroteam are fairly in character and were the best part of the LN (including Naritas Kaguraba but he's yet to appear here) so they're interesting enough.
Ibuki sacrificing his friends is still corny and lolzy in execution.
Haha this red indistinguishable background, thats not even trying anymore.I guess the rest of the fight after that wasn't too bad, though.
Lou is too clingy, almost to the point of cringeyness, trying to waifu it up I imagine. Well, should've seen that coming with the gender swap, at least they didn't change anything else about his/her character.
Thinking about it, the whole thing has a bit too much random fanservice with Mashiro last ep and Kohkaku this ep.
ED is quite good too, music is really the best part of this.
Shrimperor said:

They are.
InsertanamehereJul 9, 2015 12:51 PM
Jul 9, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
Shrimperor said:

This really feels quite rushed. Also sometimes when they switch between scenes they don't do it good.

It is rushed but in somewhat decent way as most of important stuff is left intact. It could have benefited from 24 episodes though.
Jul 9, 2015 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:

Lou is too clingy, almost to the point of cringeyness, trying to waifu it up I imagine. Well, should've seen that coming with the gender swap, at least they didn't change anything else about his/her character.

What is the point of the gender-swapping in the first place, just wondering?

CookingPriest said:

It is rushed but in somewhat decent way as most of important stuff is left intact. It could have benefited from 24 episodes though.

Rushed ... in a decent way. Hmm...

Couldn't help that many anime-only viewers don't know what is going on. Do we have to read the LN to enjoy this?
Just_ChickenJul 9, 2015 12:57 PM
Jul 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
ChickenFry said:
Insertanamehere said:

a.)increase gender diversity of cast since Meryll and Eiha were pretty much the only important females beside
b.)https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIGbCqsUcAA4t7i.jpg:large
http://i.imgur.com/EktGMvW.gif
Jul 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2015
waaaaay too many characters confusing the plot, it's hard to tell who is who and who they fight for. Nice character designs apart from the MC who has that stupid bun hat for some reason.

I will probably stick with this it's entertaining in parts.
Jul 9, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
ChickenFry said:

a.)increase gender diversity of cast since Meryll and Eiha were pretty much the only important females beside
b.)https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIGbCqsUcAA4t7i.jpg:large

b, makes more sense to me. ;)
Jul 9, 2015 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
Insertanamehere said:

Nasu x Uro incoming?

Insertanamehere said:

They are.

*sigh*
CookingPriest said:

They are adapting the whole thing in 12 episodes?

Btw, it the LN translated or do you guys moonrune?
Jul 9, 2015 1:34 PM
Mar 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Better paced but still fairly rushed, but not surprising I guess considering the length of the anime.
OP is great and still best part of this.lol Kaguraba
Sweallow Clazzvali though. It's Swallow Craftsvalley lmao, but better than Soirot Clasberi I guess.
Lol at how they have Swallow address Ibuki the same as Eiha despite the intentional difference written.And lol 2 at all the reused frames.
They are.

IKR
this is one of the things that irked me the most. The change was completely unnecessary ffs. It only hurts his character imo.

based kaguraba soon tho so its ok

also its swallow cratsvalley pls

Rinth said:

Jul 9, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2007
Shrimperor said:
Insertanamehere said:

Nasu x Uro incoming?

Insertanamehere said:

They are.

*sigh*
CookingPriest said:

They are adapting the whole thing in 12 episodes?

Btw, it the LN translated or do you guys moonrune?

Beast's Lair moonruners have play sessions translated I think. Not sure about novelization.
Jul 9, 2015 1:42 PM
Oct 2009
This episode was really scary. OwO
Nice Op and Ending btw. ^^
Jul 9, 2015 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Ibuki needs to kill a friend in order to use the Red Dragon's power!
Jul 9, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2015
I was really wanting something from this series but so far it's meh. All the deaths seem forced and it seems like they plan on killing someone every episode.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 9, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty messed up power... But it makes the story a lot more interesting.
Jul 9, 2015 2:06 PM
Nov 2013
OP and ED were really good. Can't say the same for the episode. I'll give it one more episode I guess
Jul 9, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
This is just plain shit plot..... I hate this kind of power up.

DROPPED
#CHEXIT
Jul 9, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
So in 12 episodes everybody dies :D

Jul 9, 2015 2:20 PM

Feb 2008
Probably not but I can guess a few of them will survive or just one.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 9, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
omfgplzstop said:

typo lol

I wouldn't say it's too major of a change compared to changing
Still while the inevitability is a important part of his character even that's sort of a minor change compared to say some of the random people they've added in for some reason, or them killing Mashiro for uh, well, some reasons.
CookingPriest said:

Beast's Lair moonruners have play sessions translated I think. Not sure about novelization.

No worries there since the novels are the sessions.
InsertanamehereJul 9, 2015 2:40 PM
Jul 9, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
wow that's gotta be the worst ability ever. Kill a friend/let a friend die for any sort of power. Like is the page with the people getting scratched out basically counting down all the people who are gonna die/get sacrificed? Eiha/Eyhka is so gonna die.
Jul 9, 2015 3:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I honestly don't understand why some people here don't understand what's going on =/

Anyway, for once I agree with with Fai and what he said here

CookingPriest said:
A lot stronger episode than the first one(which was mostly okay episode). They managed to do quite a bit of worldbuilding and set up the motivation for MC to partake in the expedition, at the same time introducing the rest of cast, including some of Swallow's badassery, as well as explaining(and hinting at) various powers and character motivations, as well as things going on behind the scene.

The fighting was also more silverlink-ish than in the first episode and overall I feel those two episodes could have benefited from being aired at the same time since it feels more like two parts of one introductory portion of the show.

I'm loving Urobutcher's and Nasu's characters a lot and every scene that had them in it was fantastic (Especially Swallow's fight scenes)

If there anything that I don't like much is the fact that Ibuki has to lose someone close to him in order to use Red Dragon's power however the saving grace here for me is that it seems like they're not going to only have him kill people himself but rather there will be alternative outcomes in which how he will be able to use the power which makes sense

Another great episode overall for me and as I've been saying since before the seats started.....BEST FUCKING OP HANDS DOWN, I didn't expect it but the ED was even awesome too =o
TokoyaJul 9, 2015 4:57 PM
Jul 9, 2015 3:16 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
ichii_1 said:
I guess each and every friend he makes will die :(
So much for suspense and actual emotional moments.
This is why a heavy death toll isn't good except for horror series.

Jul 9, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
Jul 9, 2015 3:26 PM

Dec 2010
AgK all over again. Dropped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 3:45 PM

Sep 2013
Still one of my favorite shows of the season dont understand why people dont like and i like the artstyle of this show but maybe because ive been watching alot of world trigger so maybe my standarts have dropped XD.

8/10
Jul 9, 2015 3:49 PM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:
CookingPriest said:

They won't kill main PC's.
Well then again they made some other dumb changes for le epik edge so who knows.
Jul 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
That was awesome. lol Much better than the first episode, also that opening. <3

Nasu's character is already my favorite, he looks like a Shirou and Altria son. (?) Also, the girl with nekomimi is Urobuchi character, right? I was expecting more from her in this episode.

Next episode we will get a Gundam for the party, gg.
Jul 9, 2015 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
Ryouri said:
(?) Also, the girl with nekomimi is Urobuchi character, right? I

No, his is Lou (the white haired woman, though a male in the source) http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1417-Red-Dragon?p=506648#post506648
Jul 9, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
This was better. Poor Ibuki has to kill someone each time he has to use his power so he left the place so that he doesn't have to kill anyone else. Kai's death was done better than Mashiro's. This time Ibuki didn't kill Kai. He just didn't save him and the Red Dragon took that as equivalent to murder hence the sacrifice was accepted.

Miss weird Koran army general was stupid. Good thing Ibuki got rid of her. Ibuki looked super badass while fighting her and that fight scene was also good.

The Blondie can't use any weapons for long since they break but they unleash all their powers before dying. He turned surprisingly cool when he jumped over the gate to fight the small Koran army. Ms Assassin big boobs is suspicious. She's been shown observing Ibuki for quite some time. She isn't the enemy... for now. If there's anyone who will be the big bad guy, it's probably gonna be her because of how suspicious she is. Could be that she wants the Red Dragon's powers for either herself or for the queen/king of Koran under her/his direct orders. Or she wants to simply eliminate the Red Dragon for her kingdom. Let's see what Urobuchi had for a character. She's an interesting one along with Blondie.

Each character has his/her own reasons for searching for the Red Dragon and when they will find the Dragon, that will be when everyone will show their true colors. That's when they will show whether they are friend or foe. Blondie will most definitely want to stay friends with Ibuki because he doesn't even know what his country's been doing as Nil Kamui's ally. But his higher ups have something else in mind. Koran and Donatia are enemies on the outside but have joined hands to for one common cause. That person in the prison was also someone important, I think. Was he Ibuki's dad, as in former king of Nil Kamui who was supposed to be dead but isn't?

The immortal robot thingy will come in the next episode who is supposed to be neutral. I wonder what his reasons are for getting involved in this.

The OP was awesome. The animation sequence was also cool. The ED was good. It was completely random since they had to focus on the females only.

This was a more okay episode than the previous one and I look to see this getting better.
Jul 9, 2015 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Ryouri said:
(?) Also, the girl with nekomimi is Urobuchi character, right? I

No, his is Lou (the white haired woman, though a male in the source) http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1417-Red-Dragon?p=506648#post506648

Oh, thanks man! I was in doubt about that. @_@
Jul 9, 2015 4:16 PM
Mar 2014
tbh if there was one change i liked (really liked actually) was best char's new sheath.

its 2gud
Rinth said:

Jul 9, 2015 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
I like Swallow already
Jul 9, 2015 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
More kitsune rori! Man, please don't tell me they going to do this every episode. It was already obviously when they cued the "I'm crazy" face expression that certain anime love so much. At least they got rid of that kid. Also, got to it give to them when the woman at the end turned around and her tits had to bounced, good shiet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
So he's going to kill off the entire cast going based on slash before the ED.

Well that's reassuring,this is going to stay bad it seem.
Jul 9, 2015 5:00 PM

May 2015
Alright episode, bit better than the first one. Finally that bitch got killed. So far the show's been disappointing, which is sad, since the premise was interesting. Hope it'll get better than this, since we're not even halfway there yet. Absolutely love the OP though, and ED's also quite good.
ReverberateJul 9, 2015 5:29 PM

Jul 9, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
Another average episode.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 9, 2015 5:23 PM
Mar 2014
every time i think about this i get angrier that they only made it a 1-cour. And that the animation is so disappointing.
and swallow referring to Ibuki as -kun makes me much angrier than it should lol
Rinth said:

Jul 9, 2015 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
omfgplzstop said:

Why?
Jul 9, 2015 5:33 PM
Mar 2014
Insertanamehere said:
omfgplzstop said:

typo lol

I wouldn't say it's too major of a change compared to changing
Still while the inevitability is a important part of his character even that's sort of a minor change compared to say some of the random people they've added in for some reason, or them killing Mashiro for uh, well, some reasons.
CookingPriest said:

No worries there since the novels are the sessions.

i thought they converted it to book form at some point. not 100% sure though so i won't really argue.
ChickenFry said:
omfgplzstop said:

Why?

He is supposed to refer to Ibuki as -san and Eiha as -kun. While it is somewhat important, it's not THAT big of a deal -- except Nasu specifically asked them not to mess it up, and they went ahead and did it. It's irritating.
Rinth said:

Jul 9, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
^^
Insertanamehere said:

Lol at how they have Swallow address Ibuki the same as Eiha despite the intentional difference written.
nasu even wrote character notes about it

^they did but its just the sessions but with vertical text, a bit more narrative and I think more pictures
InsertanamehereJul 10, 2015 12:30 PM
Jul 9, 2015 6:09 PM

May 2012
some decent fight scenes i guess, other than that meh, the story probably wont do anything to interesting, but i guess its fun to watch him kill all his friends.... inb4 he kills all those people and things at the ed sequence thing.... and the characters are so retarded.... like how kai ran up to the dude last episode and then mashiro tried to protect him... then he blames ibuki.... lol like wtf did you expect ??? lol
frequency15kJul 9, 2015 6:25 PM
Jul 9, 2015 6:58 PM

Apr 2014
Oh wow, this is bad. Reeeaaallly baaaad.
I'll give it one more episode until I drop it. It better do something stellar next episode.
Jul 9, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2015
Seemed like a better episode this time, but I'm not really feeling it. OP/ED sound good, though, and the action and art are nice to look at. Other than that, Kai's existence death felt rather unnecessary, and Swallow lowkey looks like some BlazBlue character.
Jul 9, 2015 7:27 PM

Feb 2011
The eyes bother me. I just cannot stand this art style.
Not a fan of of anything really in this.
Dropped.

Jul 9, 2015 7:47 PM
Oct 2010
Went from below average to flat out bad for me. One more episode before i drop it fully. It really does feel like this show is trying too hard to be brutal, comes off as lame.
Jul 9, 2015 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
Loved it
Jul 9, 2015 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
killing will continue next episode..

I like Meryl and I like the ED
Jul 9, 2015 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
red dragon can go fuck itself, if they prayed to tatsuya kami sama this wont even happen
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.