Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 8:29 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]
Jun 13, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
TRACE ON. Welp, the fight between Shirou and Gilgamesh. Not too shabby actually considering all the events that lead to this and the clash between the two.

Yoooo Gilgamesh

Oh and yeah, Assassin is back. Haven't seen the dude in awhile from the series.
Stark700Jun 13, 2015 8:31 AM
Jun 13, 2015 8:33 AM

Jan 2011
You get a flashback! And you get a flashback! Everyone gets a flashback!
Assassin isn't transparent...that's kind of an important detail. And why is the handle cracked instead of the blade being bent?
And suddenly, giant arm-p*enises and actually using EA...wtf is even going on.
RIP Assassin.

5/10 Disappointment

Jun 13, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2014
Lol that arm was uh, was quite something. At least they showed Ea as a credible threat, I guess.

But he shot like a dozen swords at once lolwat this power up
"I can't block all of them.
Even if I project seventeen Noble Phantasms, I can only give form to them one at a time.
Even if I can form them in succession, I am no match for him as he can release all of them at once!"

I swear they do the wrong things at the wrong time. This should've happened in episode 19 ayy lmao. Also these flashbacks.

Sasaki vs Saber fight was ...eh. I mean the Tsubame Gaeshi slow mo and Saber slashing looked great and all, but...they didn't even do the sword bending bit, they showed a crack but eh, that can look like it's from the final clash and not the one before that.

Shinji looks great as usual.
Ah well, not as bad as it could've been I guess but nothing great either.

edit:kewl it automerges
InsertanamehereJun 13, 2015 2:20 PM
Jun 13, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2007
"Hey Miura, what do we do about this fight? I mean we kind of did not even show Shirou being able to do any of this stuff like launching swords, nor limitations of his capabilities to analyse etc?"
"Does not matter, young one, they won't notice, just add some lightning effects to that. Shirou is stupid anyway"
"So we do Grail stuff next episode then?"
"Nah, let's turn it into giant ass random arm because artistic creativity!"
"But won't people be angry at Shirou suddenly being able to do all this random stuff?"
"Nah! We will also make him tank EA face-on!, it will be EPIC! I am such a great director!"
"what about Saber fight? How do we show that she only won due to Assassin's sword bending and breaking?"
"Why should we show it? Seiba is too perfect! Its unimportant."
"And what's for the rest of episode?"
"Padding and talking of course! There's not enough material anyway, I have to expand it."

Way to make fights completely boring, ufotable. SFX Clash, talk talk talk, SFX clash, more TALK TALK TALK. I thought Ufo removed Shirou monologues because they wanted to show not tell? Or does this only apply to Shirou?

I never thought you could do it, but you really made two sleep-inducing episodes in the row. It takes raw talent to take Assassin VS Saber and turn it into two boring clashes of talking with no explanations on why Saber even won. Same goes for Gil/Shirou pre-fight which should have been epic and, yep you guessed was swords clashing once and then talking.

Also yay for Shirou asspulling weapon shooting out of nowhere, because LOLUFO. Anime onlies and zero secondaries gonna be mad as all hell.

2/5
Jun 13, 2015 8:41 AM

Sep 2014

Dat. Arm. W.T.F.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 13, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2014
Neeeeeeed moooooore servaaaaaaaaants!

HF foreshadowing?
Jun 13, 2015 8:45 AM

Oct 2014
Maerow said:
He's actually supposed to use EA at this point but not for that purpose, what the hell was ufotable thinking?

VN: "I randomly use Ea against this faker because he is worthy of being destroyed by it... [spoiler]oh he survived? Guess he is... NOT worthy now!"[/spoiler]

How dare ufotable alter the perfection that is the VN? HOW DARE THEY!? All because of Miura!
Jun 13, 2015 8:46 AM

Mar 2015
Gilgamesh vs Shirou Hype!
Dat powerup though...maybe it would have been better if it doesn't look like some kind of asspull(I know it isn't)
No comment on Saber vs Assassin...but why do they have to make all these fights so uninteresting.I know FSN isn't mainly about them,but when a studio has this kind of budget and the fights are in some way present and relevant why do they need to make them so...boring.
Dat Arm...lol
Jun 13, 2015 8:54 AM
Jan 2014
Maerow said:

He's actually supposed to use EA at this point but not for that purpose, what the hell was ufotable thinking?

I actually like this change. Its more logical than Shirou surviving EA because of Rho Aias.
Jun 13, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2014
LitzSabr said:
Maerow said:

I actually like this change. Its more logical than Shirou surviving EA because of Rho Aias.

To some extent I agree, Then I remember it was against a giant hand.

but moreso about Gil using it in the first place. Rho Ais should be able to defend against any ranged attack to a degree.
Jun 13, 2015 9:16 AM

Mar 2014
Now it's Gilgamesh's turn to blahblah half the episode again. Honestly I'm disappointed, the Shirou in UWB movie was so aggressive and badass, but this one he got beaten while Gilgamesh is sitting wtf.
Jun 13, 2015 9:17 AM

Feb 2015
Wild_Lynx said:
Now it's Gilgamesh's turn to blahblah half the episode again. Honestly I'm disappointed, the Shirou in UWB movie was so aggressive and badass, but this one he got beaten while Gilgamesh is sitting wtf.

.....uhh because the fight is not over yet and there are still 2 episodes left?
Jun 13, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
laidellent said:
Wild_Lynx said:

After this episode turned out like..this, I have every bit of confidence that Ufo will be able to make everything in next two episodes completely boring.
Jun 13, 2015 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
Wild_Lynx said:

This is the beginning of the fight.
Anyways, Gilgamesh in the movie who forget how to use Gate of Babylon wasn't better for me.
Jun 13, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
Wild_Lynx said:

Watching prologue: WTF! WHERE IS MY CLIMAX?!
Jun 13, 2015 9:22 AM

Feb 2015
CookingPriest said:
laidellent said:

After this episode turned out like..this, I have every bit of confidence that Ufo will be able to make everything in next two episodes completely boring.

They screwed up Saber-Sasaki badly...
Jun 13, 2015 9:22 AM

Mar 2014
laidellent said:
Wild_Lynx said:

I know but at this pace, ufotable is going to make it like Shirou vs Archer one. Well at least in the next episode Shirou is going to say that cool line "Do you have enough weapon King of Heroes?"
Jun 13, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:

Also yay for Shirou asspulling weapon shooting out of nowhere, because LOLUFO. Anime onlies and zero secondaries gonna be mad as all hell.

Shirou and Rin in the previous episode, said that their plan is that Shirou use UBW, if Shirou plan to use ubw, it isn't surprising that he can use the rain sword like archer.

Now, he have Archer's experience and Rin's mana.

Feb 2015
funny how the butcherd the saber fight vs assassin even the vita op did a a better job but hey dont forget miura directed this EP

literally every fight in this adaption is fight inside flashback here or switch to other character or talk fight talk fight talk, its not really hard they can fight and talk at the same like other shows do the same thing or use monologues but probably they director doesnt know that
xShigarakixJun 13, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2009
something is lacking.....

CG flashiness?

Tsubame gaeshi looks plain...
bruh
Jun 13, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2007
Guilek said:
CookingPriest said:

Shirou and Rin in the previous episode, said that their plan is that Shirou use UBW, if Shirou plan to use ubw, it isn't surprising that he can use the rain sword like archer.

UBw is some random ass scenery change that does nothing. How would it even help to swordrain?~
Jun 13, 2015 9:36 AM

Aug 2014
Guilek said:
CookingPriest said:

Even if I project seventeen Noble Phantasms, I can only give form to them one at a time.
Even if I can form them in succession, I am no match for him as he can release all of them at once!"

Jun 13, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
xShigarakix said:
funny how the butcherd the saber fight vs assassin even the vita op did a a better job but hey dont forget miura directed this EP

Not entirely. He directed it together with someone else.
Jun 13, 2015 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
Insertanamehere said:

What is bad about it? It's at worst a "retcon". But the complaint only looks like "it's not 1:1 the same as the VN" to me.

Apr 2014
still waiting for fate stay night to turn good
everyone telling me wait for the second cour
still waiting

Aug 2014
Grey-Zone said:

What is bad about it? It's at worst a "retcon". But the complaint only looks like "it's not 1:1 the same as the VN" to me.

It's an asspull.

But then Archer can use UBW just fine when he's about to disappear so I guess that's par for the course.
Jun 13, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
Guilek said:

UBw is some random ass scenery change that does nothing. How would it even help to swordrain?~

You can swordrain big sword with it and you look cool.
Jun 13, 2015 9:39 AM

Mar 2015
Moodie said:
still waiting

the final fight is quite good ;)
Jun 13, 2015 9:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
TRACE ON. Welp, the fight between Shirou and Gilgamesh. Not too shabby actually considering all the events that lead to this and the clash between the two.

Yoooo Gilgamesh

Fabulous....Dio has competition lol
Jun 13, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
Insertanamehere said:
It's an asspull.

Shirou absorbs Archer's memories (and "skills" which was never strictly defined) and now got a lot of mana compared to before. So where is the "asspull" again?
Jun 13, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:
Stark700 said:

Yoooo Gilgamesh

If you look closer, you can see to who this lion look like:
Jun 13, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, one of the better ones this cour, besides not showing how Saber defeated Assassin. I liked the change to why Gil used EA, as well as the Assassin and Gil flashbacks. Nice visual portrayal of Shirou analyzing Gil's weapons. OST was particularly good too.
Jun 13, 2015 9:46 AM

Feb 2015
Guilek said:
CookingPriest said:

except ufotable never really show what archer UBW exactly can do i have some AO watcher and they stated "wow archer can just summon random swords on the ground and for what purpose"

deen is shit but they did this part and lancer death better than ufo
https://youtu.be/S5Vf8obhTd4?t=1m14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCV9BJYyg

Moodie said:
still waiting

you clearly miss how VN readers complaining how ufo the butcher/rushing and cut most of scenes
Jun 13, 2015 9:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Guilek said:
Tokoya said:

GOAT 10/10
Jun 13, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Insertanamehere said:
It's an asspull.

Shirou absorbs Archer's memories (and "skills" which was never strictly defined) and now got a lot of mana compared to before. So where is the "asspull" again?

The fact that he's matching an entire salvo from one the most dangerous Heroic spirits in existence?
Jun 13, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
xShigarakix said:
Guilek said:

except ufotable never really show what archer UBW exactly can do i have some AO watcher and they stated "wow archer can just summon random swords on the ground and for what purpose"

Personally, I didn't like DeenShirou blocking 189 swords + bigs swords at the same time like he was better than Saber/Berserker. And this was before deenShirou gains a lot of Archer's memories.
And Archer's aim being completly terrible in deen.
Jun 13, 2015 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
Guilek said:
Tokoya said:

The King of Heroes approves.
Jun 13, 2015 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
WrongPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

The fact that he's matching an entire salvo from one the most dangerous Heroic spirits in existence?

Gil could do way more than this salvo like against Berserker.
Jun 13, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2014
Guilek said:
WrongPriest said:

That has nothing to do with anything he said, though.
Jun 13, 2015 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
Guilek said:
xShigarakix said:

Personally, I didn't like DeenShirou blocking 189 swords + bigs swords at the same time like he was better than Saber/Berserker. And this was before deenShirou gains a lot of Archer's memories.
And Archer's aim being completly terrible in deen.

sorry i mean only the part when archer use telekinesis to swordspam instead using projetion inside ubw what not really make sense like ufo did
Jun 13, 2015 9:54 AM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:

Shirou was said to be the only one who can match Gil in a "battle of 'wars' " if he couldn't even do that much there would have been no reason for Shirou to be the one to battle him in the first place.
Jun 13, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
xShigarakix said:
Guilek said:

Moodie said:
still waiting

you clearly miss how VN readers complaining how ufo the butcher/rushing and cut most of scenes
and what does that have to do with anything?

idc about sourcematerialfags cuz if they could make it an ounce better than what it is now i would be happier

i feel like im watching future diary the less edgy version
Jun 13, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
I expected more complaints about the giant hand, but it's actually about the sword spam which is not even an issue. Great.

No seriously, why use Ea on the grail? I thought Gil WANTS the grail to be completed, not destroy it <.<
Jun 13, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
Botato said:
I expected more complaints about the giant hand, but it's actually about the sword spam which is not even an issue. Great.

No seriously, why use Ea on the grail? I thought Gil WANTS the grail to be completed, not destroy it <.<

Gil only wants the mud, not the grail itself. As long as the mud doesn't stop flowing, he doesn't care about anything else.
Jun 13, 2015 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Guilek said:

That has nothing to do with anything he said, though.

My english is bad, what i mean, it is that Shirou isn't matching Gil, if Gil was serious.
With Archer's memories and Rin's mana, I don't see the problem with him matching one salvo except it wasn't like that in the vn.
GuilekJun 13, 2015 10:05 AM
Jun 13, 2015 10:00 AM

May 2014
Grey-Zone said:
WrongPriest said:

Shirou was said to be the only one who can match Gil in a "battle of 'wars' " if he couldn't even do that much there would have been no reason for Shirou to be the one to battle him in the first place.

The amount of mana is almost meaningless in that instance, Shirou still has to push that mana through a limited amount of circuits. Tracing and Projecting that many swords simultaneously is BS.

Anyway, not that any of that matters here.
Jun 13, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
WrongPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

The amount of mana is almost meaningless in that instance, Shirou still has to push that mana through a limited amount of circuits. Tracing and Projecting that many swords simultaneously is BS.

It's actually less bs than it was in the VN, since in the VN it happens way earlier. Unless Shirou is somehow allowed to use Archer's UBW, which would be a different story, but that isn't the case as far as we know.
Jun 13, 2015 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
Moodie said:
xShigarakix said:

and what does that have to do with anything?

idc about sourcematerialfags cuz if they could make it an ounce better than what it is now i would be happier

i feel like im watching future diary the less edgy version

VN purist or not, this anime hasn't been impressive. Most episodes feel needlessly lacking in numerous aspects. I'm not sure what you were thinking by having continued to wait even up until now for the show to become good because at this point it's certainly not going to improve (it will actually probably be worse). I'd advise you to just drop this anime now unless you want to be disappointed.
Jun 13, 2015 10:07 AM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:

That's why I said "retcon at most". None of the issues you mentioned matter much in the anime, because it was only explained in the VN.

Also in the VN it was "too much for his circuits", but then he was just fine using ALL circuits for an extended amount of time continuously for you know what.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.