Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, that was interesting. It's back to the board for music again and I have to say, the mood is quite melancholic. I think everyone is practicing hard though.

Seems like there's a limited capacity for the club. Kumiko needs to practice a bit more like Reina as well. I think she has potential though.

Stark700Jun 2, 2015 9:43 AM
Jun 2, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2012
So Hazuki failed? Girl can't catch a break. Rest of the results were expected. That face grabbing scene though! :D
Jun 2, 2015 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty nice episode. Poor Natsuki
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 2, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
Getting rejected and failed the auditions back to back? Being Hazuki is suffering.

From all the foreshadowing I was expecting Natsuki-senpai to fail but I was still taken back by it. That feeling of still failing after trying hard at the end sucks.
Jun 2, 2015 10:43 AM
Apr 2014
ShinobuX said:
I had a feeling Hazuki wasn't going to make it.

I feel for her but to be realistic she's only been playing tuba for a few weeks? My musical side votes yay, but my heart votes nay :(
Jun 2, 2015 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
And so shoujo-ai baiting continues.
Jun 2, 2015 10:46 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yandere Asuka was hilarious! "Doudemo ii. Shoujiki chō doudemo ii. Chō, chō, chō, chō doudemo ii." I repeated that part like 6 times! Best girl right here.~

Nice seeing Hazuki trying to cheer up Midori and being humble with Kumiko, mainly regarding Shuichi. Still feel bad for her.. I hope Shuichi never gets close to Kumiko. >.<

Apparently, Taki-sesnei is a hotshot. So, Reina wasn't just blindly admiring him. She must know his background well.

The Yuri tension between ReiMiko (Reina X Kumiko) continues.. If you cut out the cheek grabbing scenes, it'd seem like they were exchanging kisses. Subtle move, KyoAni. :3

Well, the audition is over. Asuka, Reina and Kumiko and the side male leads passing was very likely so no worries there. Too bad for Natsuki and Hazuki since they actually tried hard too..

Decent episode. People might get jealous of Kousaka even more as she's now given charge of playing the solo parts instead of Kaori. Drama incoming.

Jun 2, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2013
Well Hazuki took it well unlike the others. No surprise that Reina and Kumiko made it.
Jun 2, 2015 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
Well, looks like the misunderstandings being in, Hazuki thinks Kumiko is in love with Tsukamoto... welp that's something hard to explain, especially to Hazuki.

The auditions were pretty good imo, but I guess it was a bit obvious that Hazuki would fail, she was just a beginner.

What surprised me was Natsuki falling. She looked like she has a lot of potential...
Reina taking the solo parts wasn't that surprising, since she is a goddess when she plays the trumpet, but I guess it was a bit surprising to the other members since Kaori was probably the best trumpet player until that year.
Jun 2, 2015 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
llcruz said:
Well, looks like the misunderstandings being in, Hazuki thinks Kumiko is in love with Tsukamoto... welp that's something hard to explain, especially to Hazuki.

uhmm... what misunderstanding?
Jun 2, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2011
Oh my poor Natsuki : ( I was hoping for 3 euphs
Furthermore good that Reina got the solo she kicks ass!!

Also I'm really sad that Shuichi and Kumiko do not talk anymore : ( I can see the yuri vibe, but I'm shipping these two :x
Jun 2, 2015 11:11 AM

Dec 2011
I felt that this episode was quite tense, especially right before and during the audition.

I wasn't exactly surprised that Hazuki failed, but Natsuki failed the audition really got me there.

Reina will play the solo part... hopefully no one from the trumpet section will antagonize her for this.
Jun 2, 2015 11:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
weeding out the scrubs
Jun 2, 2015 11:21 AM

Jun 2011
The thing that impacted me most this episode was Natsuki failing. I really hoped she'd get there. I thought that she would, because Kumiko mistook her for Asuka.
Jun 2, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2011
Dang i had a feeling Natsuki wasnt going to be in the competition since she wasn't in the opening when the entire band played during the competition.
In hopes i really did wanted her to be in the competition.
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 2, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
Kousaka touched kumiko on her cheeks with both hands :X

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 2, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
This particular action is actually impossible with glasses on.

Jun 2, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
wow natsuki failed

hazuki kinda made sense since she just started

Jun 2, 2015 11:44 AM
Dec 2008
Kyoani is ruthless. Bait people with Yuri and then show that Kumiko might have feelings for Shuichi in next episode. I can already hear people bitch and whine. I hope they dont get turned off though romance aside it's still a good show.
Jun 2, 2015 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:

That was on the creepiness level of when Manaka's eyes from "Nagi no Asukara" lost their spark.

How they are normally.

Jun 2, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
Surprisingly not everyone of the main cast got in the selection and i expected Natsuki to be in the selection as well but she didn't make it either.
Kousaka getting the solo was expected even if the surprise amongst the club was so big.
I think we will see more about this in the next episode with one member in particular who probably will have problems excepting it.

Guess next week will be interesting.
Jun 2, 2015 11:48 AM
Nov 2014
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1433268547371.webm

Foreshadowing? Kumiko will realize her feelings for Shuuichi in the future?
Jun 2, 2015 11:49 AM

Sep 2010
Harag said:
llcruz said:

Harag said:
llcruz said:

I agree with Harag. The fact that Kumiko snapped out of her thoughts when
is saying something.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jun 2, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
I love KyoAni. I love how they are approaching this. If last week's episode came at us flooding with love, this week's episode felt like... lots of bee stings to the heart until it broke. Natsuki not making it to the cut was just so sad.

Everything that could possibly ensue some drama is starting to build up. My body is ready.
Jun 2, 2015 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
So Hazuki got rejected TWICE. She's distancing herself from Shuichi. That means she's moving forward. Guess her role in the romance side is done.

As expected, Kumiko felt guilty somehow regarding the rejection, more for Midori.

Kumiko is ignoring Shuichi. Ara? Doushite? Hazuki started her job as a wing man for Shuichi. "You're not really honest with your feelings, are you?" she says. I got a smirk in my face during the "talking with herself"....that's funny.

And.... the yuri bait. Doing a good job.

Kumiko and Shuichi got into the audition. Poor Natsuki, and is Hazuki doesn't care? Oh, that sec with the teacher saying Shuichi's name, did it tickle Kumiko? Childhood friend made it.

I'm also happy for Reina. She got what she want. She got the solo parts. It's time to impress Taki-sensei.

Anyway, to my friends....

RPSB9Jun 2, 2015 11:56 AM
#CHEXIT
Jun 2, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2009
Harag said:
llcruz said:

Do you for real think that Kumiko is in love with Shuichi? It's been made so clear, so many times that Kumiko has no such feelings for him.
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jun 2, 2015 11:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hazuki is one huge walking lesson in maturity. You just have to respect how she takes adversity in stride.

Reina-hime's success is going to create a lot of jealousy among some of the older girls for sure.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 2, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2010
Bakken said:
Harag said:

Do you for real think that Kumiko is in love with Shuichi? It's been made so clear, so many times that Kumiko has no such feelings for him.

Do you for real think that Kumiko is lesbian? Also no it was never clearly stated. Quite the opposite actually.
Jun 2, 2015 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, that Natsuki and Hazuki didn't passed.
Jun 2, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
Harag said:
Bakken said:

Do you for real think that Kumiko is lesbian? Also no it was never clearly stated. Quite the opposite actually.

Goodie it started!

We got scenes that Kumiko is being conscious with Shuichi, like especially when somebody mentions his name. She's even being awkward towards him. Hazuki did actually a good job by telling Kumiko about "not being honest".

She's distancing from him.... Oh, those days....

I'm so hype coz if Shuichi notice this distancing by Kumiko it'll make him take a "why are you distancing." move towards her.
#CHEXIT
Jun 2, 2015 12:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
everyone's crying and then theres hazuki just here '' :D wait.. i failed ? ._.''
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 2, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
Yes, I was looking for some more yuri bait and yes I was not disappointed.

Surprisingly emotional ending when the audition results were announced. Not getting into a certain spot as well as dwelling on a recent rejection just hits to close to home for people who attended high school. Hazuki can arguably be one of the most relatable characters in the series and I want to see how she will develop from this point on.

Edit: Reina also got her desired solo (which was obvious from her hard work) so bulling is imminent in the future.

Akio-kunJun 2, 2015 8:57 PM
Jun 2, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2012
i actually felt nervous for them lol, i cried when that 3rd euphonium chick failed and so did hazuki lol, and when she realized she failed xD
Jun 2, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2008
Osananajimii route bs aside, did anyone get chills from Reina at the end? Girl looks ready to carry the entire band to the finish~

She's this close to overtaking Kumiko as best girl for me in Euphonium. She's just so <3 She's definitely living up to her attitude from last episode.

Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 2, 2015 12:15 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Gotta love those yuri moments between Kousaka and Kumiko lol Yandere Asuka >//<

I'm glad that this rejection thing didn't get dragged out too much and that the girls managed to settle everything really well so that was a huge plus for me

The auditions and the results pretty much went as expected with best girl Asuka and Reina going through along with Kumiko, Sapphire, Goto and Shinichi as well as a few others

I feel bad for the other Eupho girl though :( Props to Reina for scoring that solo =o Overall it was a good episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where the ever so popular and surprisingly super famous Taki-sensei takes things from here

In wouldn't be surprised if Reina has some.animosity towards herself from her fellow band mates after this and that was so cute how Kumiko was in denial over how she feels about Shinchi xD
TokoyaJun 2, 2015 12:45 PM
Jun 2, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
HitoriTomoyo said:

She's this close to overtaking Kumiko as best girl for me in Euphonium. She's just so <3 She's definitely living up to her attitude from last episode.

She'll have her chance to MAKE TAKI-SENSEI confess to her.
#CHEXIT
Jun 2, 2015 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Wanted Natsuki to pass the auditions especially after seeing how she was much more willing to practise playing the euph. While Kumiko was still a lost cloud for the most part and her "I've been playing for a long time" was her only saving grace (though Kumiko did finally have a change of heart). It is quite realistic on how Natsuki barely made an effort until it was truly too late for her to pass the audition.

The audition was pretty nice. And for the ones that are 2nd/1st year, there is always a next time (Hazuki and Natsuki's debut!).
Jun 2, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty nice episode overall. And dat yuri bait again.

Hazuki not passing is expected and realistic. Natsuki's failing was kinda foreshadowed throughout the whole episode but still, when she really failed I really felt for her. Why is it that even after having a 180-degrees change in attitude towards the band and after so much effort, she still can't get what she wanted? What more could she have done? And I feel that this "unfairness" can happen the same way for my own life too (or that it already happened), which sometimes makes me wonder what's the point of working so hard.

Anyway, please do not pull the oh-suddenly-i-have-feelings-for-this-boy-which-for-some-reasons-i-have-never-realised-that-at-all-in-my-entire-life twist on us. PLEASE.
TopSpadeJun 2, 2015 12:36 PM
Cute is justice.
Jun 2, 2015 12:21 PM
Apr 2015
Solid episode. 8/10
Natsuki failing was sad, but realistic.
Jun 2, 2015 12:29 PM
Aug 2014
lol kyoani is trolling hard with the yuri bait just to crush everyones dreams when shuichi happens

not cool
Jun 2, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2009
Harag said:
Bakken said:

I do see now that what I said that may have come out as quite aggressive, which was by no means the purpose :) Sorry bout that! But I do stand by what I said, I'm not saying that shes a lesbian, but now that you mention it, I do admit that a shoujo-ai ending would make more sense than Kumiko x Shuichi ending.
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jun 2, 2015 12:34 PM
May 2015
ooo333 said:
I cant enjoy this anime anymore.... How can the female MC now have romantic feelings for Suichi? How?

Nice knowing you Hazuki. Im sure a chick with your personality will be able to win someday.

And one of the chicks who plays the horn (the one with the green twintails) looks like the twintail chick from Amagi Brilliant Park.

excuse friend this episode has no issue of KyoAni.
If you want to blame someone blame the writer of the original story ..
because the episode was an exact copy of Ln.

Now Kumiko is acting absolutely equal with Suichi acts as the LN and manga.
I hope the fans of yuri from now do not go to attack Suichi, Taki-Sensei, as they did with Tusk and Mochizou.
Jun 2, 2015 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
i love this anime so much <3
:3
Jun 2, 2015 12:36 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
GG yuri hopes with this episode. You could clearly see the hints how Kumiko likes Shuichi and i'm giving up on my hopes for Reina x Kumiko...their moment was nice, although nothing compared to last episode ;)

It will most likely follow the novel then.

Really liked the audition part....didn't like the build-up to it however. It dragged on way too much. They should have shortened it and double the time of the auditions, it was literally not even 5 mins, i think. This could have been a much better episode.
Jun 2, 2015 12:37 PM

Apr 2015
alpha_shadow said:
i love this anime so much <3

It sparked a "war".
#CHEXIT
Jun 2, 2015 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
And the Yuri-bait train continues to huff and puff with ever increasing strength. =3

In all seriousness though, Reina did the right thing in order to stop Kumiko from panicking and doubting herself. Seeing virtually everyone in the club, no matter how experienced they might've been, doing their very best practising to succeed in the auditions, I don't blame Kumiko for doubting herself, but doubting herself too much would've screwed her audition up.

Poor Natsuki. Seeing her transform from a loner to working hard with her Euphonium is admirable. Sadly, it makes it all the more painful for me to see that even that wasn't enough for her to get a part in the performance. Hopefully this will inspire Natsuki to keep on practising so she can succeed in the future. =D

Same goes for Hazuki too. Being rejected in the last episode, then failing the auditions in this episode can be hard to cope with at first, but it looks like she's taking it well thankfully. ^_^

No surprise that Reina got through AND bagged the important solo trumpet play as well. I guess she's determined to impress Taka-sensei more and more if she keeps up with her momentum.
Jun 2, 2015 12:43 PM
Feb 2015
Dang hazuki failed... First she was rejected now this.
Well looks like everyone else expected made it. Kumiko x reina is gonna happen :3
Love that part where they play with each other's faces
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 2, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
Bakken said:

I do see now that what I said that may have come out as quite aggressive, which was by no means the purpose :) Sorry bout that! But I do stand by what I said, I'm not saying that shes a lesbian, but now that you mention it, I do admit that a shoujo-ai ending would make more sense than Kumiko x Shuichi ending.

Don't worry I was a bit too arrogant! Everyone is free to ship whatever they want! ;)

ooo333 said:
Am I the only HazukixSuichi shipper here?

Probably not but I do feel sorry for you.

This anime would be better without romance and just focusing on the music...
Jun 2, 2015 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
Expected Hazuki-chan to fail, but didn't want it to happen. The competition is going to be great, with best girl doing the solo parts, a.k.a., Kousaka! w

Shuichi x Kumiko x Kousaka triangle ship?

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Jun 2, 2015 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
ooo333 said:
Am I the only HazukixSuichi shipper here?

Your ship was sunk last episode due to a frontal attack.

Your girl is now a full pledge member of Kumiko x Shuichi Alliance

He means it, Kumiko. It's creepy.
RPSB9Jun 2, 2015 1:11 PM
#CHEXIT
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

453 by Hearn »»
Apr 24, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

394 by shichirouji »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.