Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 2, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
Seems like every episode of this show starts out more disappointing than the last and then somehow pulls itself back around, even if only by being self-aware at times (like Tsukasa admitting his own weakness).

I'm usually a sucker for this kind of plot, but honestly I'm not seeing chemistry between Tsukasa and Isla at all right now. Doubt it will happen, but I'm rooting for Michiru. Like others have said though, I'm just anticipating a deus ex machina to somehow keep Isla around. Not that I want her to die, cuz that's just mean, but I want the show to uphold the rules it's given us thus far, and Michiru deserves to have things go her way for once.
Jun 2, 2015 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting end. It seems everything is heading towards Tsukasa and Isla running away together.

But one has to hate the way they are telling things in anime. Showing is always better than telling. And sometimes, explaining is even worse. I wish they would go with simple facial expresion details with eye glances to actually tell how they are feeling. Sometimes, it's really counter-productive to make the character tell how he/she is feeling instead.
Jun 2, 2015 4:18 PM
Jan 2015
at first it looks like Michiru likes Tsukasa but I'm wrong I guess and why Tsukasa wants that robot, that is a robot you know!

"& I think the most suitable unexpected ending is Tsukasa will be dead and it will make Isla really sad before she is retrieved!"
Jun 3, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
BruceLad said:
This shit is bad and you should feel bad if you like it.

My reaction to the comedy and the random fanservices

Saying this while wearing a Nisekoi set... Wow...
Jun 4, 2015 3:48 AM

Jan 2008
The jury is still out whether Eru is tolerable or just plainly disgusting. She has her moments but other than that she's... no. Just no.
Jun 4, 2015 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
As much as I was in for Tsukasa x Isla in the beginning I find myself Tsukasa x Michiru to happen now .-.
Jun 6, 2015 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
Michiru <3
(this episode examples how to do fanservice properly, not joking)

I'm a little disappointed Michiru didn't see the dirty mag... I would have loved to see her reaction.

Ending their partnership... that ought to force Isla's hand (or at least that is probably the intent).

FinalFlash18 said:
As much as I was in for Tsukasa x Isla in the beginning I find myself Tsukasa x Michiru to happen now .-.
Same. It will probably happen by the time it's over, or perhaps implied.
Jun 8, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
Lovely episode, but don't dissolve their partnership T-T
Jun 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
With the dissolution of the partnership will Isla stop working? Maybe Kazuki is worried that something may happen now that Isla only have one month...
Jun 8, 2015 9:52 PM

Sep 2013
Does mitchuru like tsukasa?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jun 9, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2010
Err what. The romance struggle between Isla and the guy is boring me.
Jun 10, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2010
Stark700 said:

That was so cute.
I wonder how it's okay to have romance with a colleague. Especially when the other one is android.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 7:41 PM

Dec 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
You can't be serious. No, no you aren't...It's a waste of time, the plane has taken off, why do you, Mr. Hayashi, you are worthless. What should be a irrational, temporary dishonest rejection because Isla is unfamiliar with the overwhelming feeling she had now becomes a reality, it was a little joke, if it is serious they had already been a couple without any confession at the end of episode 6, what happened in episode 7 is just a formality. And now we are back to square one. Why do they so afraid of starting a relationship? Why keep writing Rom-Com with no actual romance, and comedy? And stop writing like a 15-year-old, you are more than that Mr. Hayashi, I suppose.

You get the magazine wrong, merciless guy, look at Isla, Tsukasa is clearly someone with special interest.

Of course you are, Isla, of course you are.

No, the best solution is to pull their heads out of their asses because it's so stupid.

Yes, it's true. Tsukasa has no dick.

"I'll wait!, is one month long enough? or you need more time?"

Great shot composition right there. The animator sure knows the priority, no serious drama without emphasizing boobs and ass.

Finally we can see the tsudere feels guilty of letting the incident happened, now there's one less annoying character.

Wow, someone's dick grows back, and it's much more magnificent than before!

They can still be a couple, right? It only means they have less time together, or that bitch is going to send Isla or Tsusaka to somewhere else? And yes, more external obstacles instead of internal conflicts within the relationship, someone never grows up.

Thanks, A-san.

You always make the best comments.
Jun 14, 2015 5:34 AM

Oct 2013
urgh, kind of a boring episode. This series had a lot of potential and the first half was very good, but these last few episodes have felt more like a chore to watch. I looked forward to this every week during the first half, so it's quite a shame. The decision to devolve into an ordinary, generic slice of life romance was a bad one; it should have instead of focused on the work of their organization and the heartwrenching tragedies they create (like the first half of the series more-or-less did), making this more of a remedy show a la Mushishi or Death Parade while working the predictable romantic tragedy between Tsukasa and Isla as a subplot (which would have given it more impact anyway). There's also a lot of potential to expand on the universe in which Plastic Memories takes place, making it darker or more sinister -- considering the involvement of Steins;Gate's scenario writer, that's absolutely what I expected. Granted there's still a few episodes left so who knows what will happen, but looking down its current route it seems like this will remain more or less the same for the remaining duration of its run time.

I really hope the remaining episodes surprise me, though, because as I said, this anime has a lot of potential.

Insti said:
That was a lovely episode. It was quite sad how Michiru had to find out about Isla's remaining life so last minute though. Regardless, obligatory:

Dawn of
The Final Month
- 4 Weeks Remain -

Won thread by the second post; congratulations!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 15, 2015 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
The most boring episode so far for me. Hopefully next time would be better.
Jun 16, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Funny episode in its drama, while there are an unfortunate reality, the atmosphere is pleasant enough with some truly comic moments. More and more curious to see how the story will end, although there have been some mistakes at the beginning of the series, which have a bit spoiled the story. The drawings have ups and downs in the quality, a shame given that the study Doga Kobo is one of my favorites.

OrangeJP said:

How I feel when I have to wake up early in the morning

LOL

ThreePointer said:

Idem
Jun 27, 2015 4:42 PM

Jan 2015
Well I hope their partnership doesn't get dissolved ...

Also Isla is so cute ...
Jun 28, 2015 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
did yasukata just made tsukasa's hair into banana man? :o

michiru is so much in denial xD
red face "that's not romantic at all" xD

leaving isla with eru, worst idea ever xD

and michiru didn't knew about the remaining time.. she almost broke there

-.- why kazuki

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 9, 2015 10:52 AM
Jun 2015
Angel Beats influence is real.
Michiru is basially tsundere Yurippe. Their faces and impressions look identical and its just so obvious. I kinda liked Yurippe but Michiru gets on my nerves not a big fan of tsunderes here. Her tragic past also felt very Angel Beats like.
Isla is cuter than Kanade and I like her better but it still feels like I'm looking at the same character.
Tsukasa is pretty blatant as well. He is your typical nice guy.
as far as characters go it isn't very creative neither is the story which is your typical romantic comedy with some sci-fi drama-esque backgroud that doesnt matter (at least up to this point) but meh it's moderetaly enjoyable. I'd say this is slightly better than Angel Beats. 6.5/10 thus far.
Jul 10, 2015 4:54 PM

Apr 2014
isla in that bunny suit tho
i feel sorry for michiru
Jul 12, 2015 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
Kazuki, stahp. You can't stand in the way of eternal love.

The awkward tension in the episode was heavy. Isla having her cute moments as always. Excellent episode.

Honestly I am not surprised at the comedy in this show. With the sad premise and situations the only way for most of the characters to avoid a serious depression is to try to be lighthearted and funny. I know I would act the same way if I wanted to keep my sanity.
Jul 15, 2015 4:02 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that ending :s pretty solid development but I just fear for the future as it's not going to work anyway :/
Jul 19, 2015 2:44 AM

Dec 2010
And I sit here, thinking that Michiru is having it real bad too.
Jul 20, 2015 9:02 PM

Mar 2015
Isla.... LOL I thought she rejected him because she don't want to hurt him, but the reveal was too funny.

The opening video with Isla blushing and dere dere. I love how the OP keeps on evolving.

Isla with bunny suit lol.

Yup Michiru was born to suffer. Damn it I feel bad for her, but Isla is too cute so I'm on Isla ship.

That partnership dissolve, NOOOO

Aug 1, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2011
Although I liked this episode a lot more than previous ones it still felt weak, it takes like 20 seconds to switch from sad to angry to happy and the execution doesn't make it feel natural to me.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 7, 2015 9:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yea, make Tsukasa take the easy way out instead of sticking through the end like couples do. I give Tsukasa props for wanting to be with Isla until her very last moments.

Lol at bunny suit Isla. Eru's got good taste on appeal.

Mar 28, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
For me, to become lovers until the end will be the best choice just like "a walk to remember" than not doing anything and afraid to hurt each other, duh.

I cry every time I listen to ED TT_TT

3.75/5
Jul 13, 2016 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
I always had the feeling that Michiru likes Tsukasa and I see other's think so as well. But it's so subtle that I'm not sure if she really does or I'm seeing something that isn't there. Maybe Michiru just really wants to be in a romantic relationship and that's why she takes so much interest in Isla and Tsukasa's relationship.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Aug 7, 2016 3:03 AM

Oct 2015
why would you do such a thing Dx
Jan 22, 2017 9:57 PM

Dec 2016
No you can't dissolve their partnership, with only 1 month left they need to stay together.
Sep 7, 2017 6:32 PM
Jul 2016
1. That nude magazine... I approve.
2. Eru´s playboy-bunny outfit... I so approve.
3. Kazuki... I don´t approve.
4. Did Isla really move in with Michiru & Zack next door? When she already were alone in her own appartment again since Tsukasa moved out for the time being... They could just have moved in at her place instead if that had to be the case.

This love-case just got more and more messed up.

Would´ve quit my job there effective immediatelly in his shoes, I´m feeling Kazuki isn´t the one to talk about office-romance in the first place (and I bet that will be proven right in the next episode) nor doesn´t have the authority to make that call. but if she feels that she can make such a rash out of the blue decision for us without our full consent, then two can play it that game. Knowing my value in the crew I would´ve played that strongest card of mine, fight fire with fire! A pure act of emotion move sure. But if I have promised to always be her partner to the end, at least I will feel obliged to complete my part of the promise, and I would, using the toughest means, try to make Kazuki understand the importance of honoring a promise made, and hopefully Isla hear me too from the side.

I can understand what Kazuki comes from... But due the circumstances, I wouldn´t have non of it without having stood my ground first.
HilariumosisSep 7, 2017 7:41 PM
May 26, 2018 4:52 PM

May 2010
Isla in the bunny suit was pure hnnnng >w< I don't want her and Tsukasa to be in this awkward situation any longer!
Jan 13, 2019 4:15 PM

Aug 2017
Well, it seems that their partnership is over. Michiru is annoying.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 8, 2019 7:14 PM

Feb 2017
I really hated Tsukasa's spaced out look for the first half.
Jun 15, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
Oh my damn, she actually turned him down, even though she has a thing for him.. Well, the ending was unexpected, seems like that's the beginning of the end.

Eru is just sooo cute and attractive. Probably my favorite character from this anime.

Oct 19, 2020 3:37 PM
Apr 2018
This episode was ridiculous to me. Well, not actually, it's just that there were a lot of things that annoyed me, Michiru being the prime example; why does she always get angry at Tsukasa and the idiot let's her get away with it? Moving out boys with boys and girls with girls was out of nowhere too; Isla is supposed to sleep all night at that chair/charger thing but now she doesn't need it.

Overall, I like this series so far but some moments are so embarrassing to watch.
Jan 14, 2021 9:40 PM

Aug 2019
that was ok, nothing i didn't really see coming after Tsukasa got bodied by Isla. Again, seeing the relationship between Isla and Tsukasa, just hopefully after this episode it can progress more.

If the reason for Isla's conclusion, is what i think it is, then yeh i'll give them that. Thats pretty heart warming and depressing at the same time.
I'm struggling to grasp this episode, what Michiru's role actually was. I like her character to a degree, but here i guess she acted as a sort of icebreaker for Isla's true emotions and just clearing shit up. I mean the end was a good on her i guess, as it felt like she's also come to terms with her emotions and the situation, so some good character development.

Ngl, at this point i really want to see how this ends, not for the emotional value, but for the reaction and conclusion the characters will come to at the end.
Jan 22, 2022 1:49 AM

Aug 2017
Boring episode. But, I think I like Michiru as best girl. I always go for the tsunderes.

Dissolving partnership, yes it's about time. How can you do a job like this?

Watching in fast forward on this show
Apr 17, 2022 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
All I can and want to say is that it's an amazing, adrenaline rushing, exciting, kind of funny, and romantic episode. A lot unfolds in this one episode which really gets me going. Loved it, 10/10.
removed-userApr 17, 2022 1:11 AM
Feb 15, 2023 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
From love confessing to despair and rejection. How the tables turned, even their partnership will be dissolved lol
Feb 15, 2023 5:04 PM

Mar 2019
Oh no, that ending. But, dissolving the partnership makes no sense. It will do more harm at this point, lol.

Wait you mean Michiru didn't know about Isla's remaining lifespan?? She was never very close to Isla but still working there for a year, you would know this at some point. Nevertheless, Michiru felt way more dramatic than she should have been and way too much screaming.

And I feel like it's too late for Isla to say that she doesn't want to hurt Tsukasa when they are already pretty close and he cares about her. The memories are already there and Tsukasa told her how he'll be there until the very end so hurting him isn't an excuse anymore. There are a lot of weird decisions in this episode, but the ending is approaching fast.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 3, 2023 8:09 PM
Aug 2020
airacchi and michirucchi so kawaiiiiiii
Mar 8, 2023 10:29 PM

Dec 2022
Ghost Tsukasa was funny.
Isla and Michiru more fixated on the one-month remaining than Tsukasa is. Pretty sure the implication is that Isla is avoiding getting "too close" to him under the presumption that it would make their parting less painful. But if anything, that would just leave more lingering doubts, insecurities and hang ups in the end. Better to live and die with passion, in my opinion.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 23, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2022
Even for a tsundere, Michiru's personality seems to jump around a lot. One moment, she's being about as pleasant as the Giftias when they become Wanderers; the next she's empathetic, encouraging and sweet. It's like she undergoes a drastic mood swing every time she appears on screen.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.