Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time. Rakuzan is giving their 6th player some spotlight especially against Kuroko. Previously, he was rather obscure...

Some intimidating rivalries on the court between the Uncrowned Kings and Seirin as well. Cool. I hope they adapt the rest of this match to consistency without dragging too much.
Stark700May 16, 2015 2:22 PM
May 16, 2015 11:29 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ the guy beig afraid, but show extremely fast speed to catch up. Though HiroC's team is pressing them. Hatano-san's character has an ability similar to HiroC's character when shooting. Also that muscle guy... So many weird people in HiroC's team. It seems it would be impossible to win against them.

Zone again next??
tsubasaloverMay 16, 2015 12:51 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 16, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
The whole muscle-this and muscle-that was totally needed.

Akashi doesn't care at all for the first years. Good for him.
kirisakitrashMay 16, 2015 2:47 PM
May 16, 2015 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
Finally first-years gets to play :O...

Gap is getting bigger.. I start thinking that they really might lost :D
May 16, 2015 1:54 PM

May 2010
i LOVED what will happen next week...the whole match until the very end. still pity mayuzumi..
May 16, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, I enjoyed it a lot.
Seeing how Akashi brought Mayuzumi back to the team was interesting.
Seirin is breaking down, well at least for now. I can't wait for next week.
See you next week picture was funny xD Poor Furihata always ends up against Akashi.
eisanMay 17, 2015 3:41 AM
May 16, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
come on seirin!!!
hah episodes are too short for me T_T
come on seirin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kagami!! :* :*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

May 16, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2010
Rakuzan's Uncrowned Kings are all amazing!

Furi did a nice job too with him making that shot and also not giving a turnover.

The two individual match-ups were quite intense too, didn't expect Teppei being forced to pass.

Akashi dunking like that, looking forward to the comeback, especially the revenge from each position.
May 16, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
I smell the come back coming next week.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 16, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2010
can't wait for next ep!
May 16, 2015 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
Are they basically telling us that Seirin won't win or what?
I've been sticking here for 3 seasons to see Kagami beating the crap out of Akashi and ain't gonna watch them lose sorry not sorry
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
May 16, 2015 3:51 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so biased but I loved this chapter since Mayuzumi is one of my favourite characters in KnB
He finally got the spotlight
May 16, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
This is getting plain retarded and immersion breaking with the powers and shit.

I guess I can survive 8 more episodes to see how seirin pulls out a win out of their ass.
May 16, 2015 4:55 PM

May 2010
Okashi_sama said:

I guess I can survive 8 more episodes to see how seirin pulls out a win out of their ass.

and you just noticed it during the very last season? if you dislike it so much why force yourself to watch it?
May 16, 2015 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
the battle of the shooting guards and centers are won by Rakuzan, and worse Rakuzan has a huge lead, what now Seirin
May 16, 2015 5:23 PM
Jun 2014
What the heck is the coach doing? Why are they using these first years for the first time in such an important game instead of the usual second years?
May 16, 2015 5:30 PM

Sep 2013
This episode scores full marks because it did a hell of a good job in making everything that went wrong in the manga good!! I'm pretty sure it was around this time when a lot of people got fed up with the game and just wanted Rakuzan to win, but I don't feel that pressure here.... which is good, because we should be cheering for the protagonists!

I feel like Mayuzumi is an underrated character.... He seriously has a lot of potential, but I guess he didn't shine simply because he got introduced so late in the game? I feel like he is the stepping stone among stepping stones, and deserves all the feels this show can offer him for what's about to come next....

It was great seeing the infamous Lion x Chihuahua scene animated. The Rakuzan players pitying Furihata and Akashi's blank stare were refreshing too.

The one-on-ones between Hyuuga and Reo-nee, and Kiyoshi and Nebuya could have been expanded on a bit more though. It lacks a sense of urgency and despair that the manga had. That little devil, Makoto analysing them from the sidelines was nice, seeing as how he is an Uncrowned King and all.

Nonetheless, I love how Akashi can muster all these different facial expressions. His death glare to Kagami at the beginning of the episode was positively poisonous.... and that badass dunk at the end was gold! The Emperor is absolute! Can't wait till next week!! <3
DoragonessUMay 16, 2015 5:39 PM
May 16, 2015 5:30 PM

Jul 2014
Kerozinn said:
Okashi_sama said:

and you just noticed it during the very last season? if you dislike it so much why force yourself to watch it?

I noticed all the way from season 1. But back then it wasn't really that stupid and immersion breaking, and somewhat enjoyable. But now, like I said, it's just plain retarded. And I'm not gonna drop it after 69 episodes, too much time invested to just drop it. And well, I am interested on how Seirin is gonna pull the win out of their ass.
May 16, 2015 5:32 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. A lot of one on one with the 2nd years which was decent. Seirin looks doomed even though we all know that they'll win.
May 16, 2015 5:37 PM
Jun 2014
FatefulLove said:
Rakuzan's Uncrowned Kings are all amazing!

Furi did a nice job too with him making that shot and also not giving a turnover.

The two individual match-ups were quite intense too, didn't expect Teppei being forced to pass.

Akashi dunking like that, looking forward to the comeback, especially the revenge from each position.

Teppei has been forced to pass before though
May 16, 2015 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
End of 1st quarter: 21-21
End of 2nd quarter: 62-37

The scores for the 2nd quarter: 41-16

Now look at the scores for the 4th quarter in the recent game 6 match in the playoffs between the Rockets and the Clippers:

Those were 2 very evenly matched teams who are currently tied 3-3 in the series. In fact, LA was leading by 19 points in the 3rd quarter before Houston made their incredible comeback. So how could a team who led by 19 points as late as the 3rd quarter lose 40-15 in the 4th? Momentum is a very fickle beast. Comebacks/meltdowns like that happen more frequently than you think in the NBA. Basketball is not like DBZ where a single number (power level) decides the outcome of a match and if you have the lower power level, you are screwed and there is nothing you can do.

Don't count Seirin out on making a comeback. Will post my observations about the episode in a new post.
May 16, 2015 6:04 PM

May 2010
Okashi_sama said:
Kerozinn said:

I noticed all the way from season 1. But back then it wasn't really that stupid and immersion breaking, and somewhat enjoyable. But now, like I said, it's just plain retarded. And I'm not gonna drop it after 69 episodes, too much time invested to just drop it. And well, I am interested on how Seirin is gonna pull the win out of their ass.

well then good luck cause if they follow the manga like the did before its going to be ridiculous in terms of abilities and asspulls. no wonder ppl are asking "how is seiring going to win this..its impossible"

// look the post below for example
KerozinnMay 16, 2015 6:20 PM
May 16, 2015 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
It's impossible for Seirin to win under normal circumstances. I don't see how, but it will be interesting at least.
May 16, 2015 6:20 PM

Sep 2013
The following should not be taken seriously.

So far all the asspulls come from Rakuzan. Note that i'm using the word asspull like how most people (wrongly) use it. That is, if someone reveals an ability he has not used before, or if something happens that I don't like, it's an asspull.

A sixth man from nowhere. Asspull. I don't care if there's a flashback explaining how he's discovered or that it was explained that his abilities weren't used in the Shutoku match because of Hawk Eye. As an MAL user, it is within my prerogative to call asspull even if there are perfectly rational explanations for what happened.

Akashi being able to dunk. Asspull. He shouldn't have that level of athleticism. If Akashi can touch the rim, Kagami should be able to land on the moon.

An uncrowned king (Nebuya) being able to completely outmatch another uncrowned king (Kiyoshi). Kiyoshi being nerfed just to give Rakuzan a huge lead. Plot armor for Rakuzan.

A move (void shot) that can make an opponent unable to jump. Asspull. I don't care if the explanation comes later. Right now there isn't one, so asspull.

RediceRyan said:
It's impossible for Seirin to win under normal circumstances. I don't see how, but it will be interesting at least.

Remember Kagami can still go into the zone. Kuroko can still come back with a solution. The uncrowned kings are beating the 2nd years individually, but in this episode itself, we see hints that they can be beaten by (passing) teamwork. Remember how Seirin collectively worked together to try and stop Kise? Well, the uncrowned kings aren't Kise level. Don't count them out yet.
TorribleMay 16, 2015 6:47 PM
May 16, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
Okay so from the looks of it Kagami needs to get into the zone and Kuroko will have to work something out...or maybe Kuroko can get in the zone too. Oh boy I'm hyped now
May 16, 2015 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
Mayazumi is an awesome character. He got hate in the manga because of butthurt Kuroko fangirls, saying he was a copy. When his play style is completely different.

Also, that Akashi theme, it's too damn awesome.

Okashi_sama said:
Kerozinn said:

Sounds to me like you're just watching to complain. Keep crying
May 16, 2015 7:43 PM

Jul 2014
KuroYaksha said:

This was the first time I complained, and posted here. And will be the last one.

Keep on being an ignorant, and don't forget those baseless claims every once and a while.
May 16, 2015 7:49 PM

Dec 2014
Okashi_sama said:
KuroYaksha said:

This was the first time I complained, and posted here. And will be the last one.

Keep on being an ignorant, and don't forget those baseless claims every once and a while.

Cool story bro. Tell it at parties
May 16, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2014
Rakuzan going in.
May 16, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
LostGod said:
Are they basically telling us that Seirin won't win or what?
I've been sticking here for 3 seasons to see Kagami beating the crap out of Akashi and ain't gonna watch them lose sorry not sorry

I like how they said even if there's a miracle they still wont win. Um hello do u not know what a miracle is? Seirin will win. No matter how much of a cop out that will be. I just want Kuroko to come back and redeem himself before its over.
May 16, 2015 9:58 PM

May 2014
Next episode... That's gonna be special.

Next episode aside, the best part of this episode was the amazing music. This season, had an overall better score than the previous two.

And watching First Years VS Akashi, animated, was really fun.

Chihuahua VS LION.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 16, 2015 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
this episode reminds me once again how much i dislike akashi...
anyways, i'm sure seirin will win somehow through a miracle. would suck if they didn't.
May 16, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
Nicely done episode. I'm glad they kept the part about the body breaking down. Also especially glad they kept the chihuahua vs lion analogy. xD

And damn, that Akashi oop was just nasty! Alas, this is bound to get topped later, which I can't wait for!

Torrible said:

Now look at the scores for the 4th quarter in the recent game 6 match in the playoffs between the Rockets and the Clippers:

Those were 2 very evenly matched teams who are currently tied 3-3 in the series. In fact, LA was leading by 19 points in the 3rd quarter before Houston made their incredible comeback. So how could a team who led by 19 points as late as the 3rd quarter lose 40-15 in the 4th? Momentum is a very fickle beast. Comebacks/meltdowns like that happen more frequently than you think in the NBA. Basketball is not like DBZ where a single number (power level) decides the outcome of a match and if you have the lower power level, you are screwed and there is nothing you can do.

Don't count Seirin out on making a comeback. Will post my observations about the episode in a new post.
+1

If one were to follow real basketball, coming back from down 25 is far from impossible, especially since it's only halftime. On another note, that comeback by the Rockets was absolutely crazy! Harden didn't even play for that! :O Not to mention, this was on the road too.
May 16, 2015 11:53 PM

Oct 2013
XPwnDEnd said:
Nicely done episode. I'm glad they kept the part about the body breaking down. Also especially glad they kept the chihuahua vs lion analogy. xD

And damn, that Akashi oop was just nasty! Alas, this is bound to get topped later, which I can't wait for!

Torrible said:

+1

If one were to follow real basketball, coming back from down 25 is far from impossible, especially since it's only halftime. On another note, that comeback by the Rockets was absolutely crazy! Harden didn't even play for that! :O Not to mention, this was on the road too.

HARDEN SHOWING WHY HE'S THE MVP!!!
JKlol

(Seriously, though... I really hope the Clippers take the trash out tomorrow. They are clearly the better team. Chris Paul is the one guy in the NBA who I want to get a ring ;_; And the Clippers have been amazing (apart from their last 2 games) this postseason... Warriors vs Clippers rematch would be an AWESOME rematch as the Western Conference Final!)

Great RL example lol. If narrow minded weebs cant even see the truth when it's in front of their eyes, no point in showing it to them.

Anyways.

Episode was pretty rushed (as usual). This time, the gags and the antics kinda disrupted the flow. I didn't enjoy it :/ They went from introducing Mayuzumi to being down by 25 so fast. They didn't go through Hyuga's backstory with... Mibuchi's shooting form, I guess. And they didn't even mention his dislike of flamboyant guys like him. They didn't even mention Ray Friggin Allen. They rushed the individual matchups and explaining how Seirin "can't" win. Animation wasn't even that great. The preview spoiled a whole lot of important stuff -.- too.

It sounds like I hate the episode. That isn't true. I just wish it were a lot better. But heck, there's only so much you can shove into 25/6 episodes. They should've pulled a Yowapeda and done 37 lol. Well, all I know for sure is:

NEXT EPISODE WILL BE AWESOME!!!!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
May 17, 2015 12:40 AM

Apr 2013
lol I can feel the asspull coming from miles away.. I have a feeling this 3rd season will be the one I rate the lowest when its all said and done.
May 17, 2015 1:49 AM

Nov 2014
Sering is falling down the hill. Miracles don't happen they say, the different in strength both physically and mentally is very clear.
I am not sure how will Serin get her foot back on the right path, they can't lose though.
May 17, 2015 2:14 AM
Aug 2011
DoragonessU said:
because we should be cheering for the protagonists!

pls no
the protagonists are the blandest out of the whole bunch and full of nakama power... and I normally approve of nakama power :/
May 17, 2015 2:36 AM

May 2012
The abnormal super power skills and the asspulls is what makes sport anime entertaining

Realistic sport is boring
May 17, 2015 4:00 AM

Jun 2011
Had a lot of what I didn't like about the final match.

- Tension, with all the commentaries, it kills the momentum.
- Ill-placed comedies.
- SG vs SG
- Using1st years, because author knows it's the last match, so yea gotta force screen-time on them, even worse is to force them to be useful.

Probably still some more that I've missed, but w/e.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2015 4:04 AM

Dec 2012
Seirin just did get rekt. But I'm wondering how the f*ck Akashi could make that dunk, LOL.
May 17, 2015 4:13 AM

Feb 2015

Episode 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Furihata against Akashi always makes me laugh.

I love the different pics at each ending song.
It always makes me feel sentimental especially now knowing the series will end in a few weeks. ( ó﹏ò。)

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 4:31 AM

Jun 2014
Why are people taking this so seriously? You know, I want Seirin to lose.
They are literally the main team of the anime and I find them the biggest sleep fest ever. If they win, it will be the biggest asspull of asspulls. Not that I'll be surprised, since Seirin is King of that.
I like it so far, plus yes I love Chihiro's "I love me" attitude. Go positivity.
May 17, 2015 4:43 AM

Apr 2011
LOL! That moment when Furihata entered the court XD

Heaven...Earth...Void...I would love to learn these shots if possible XD

Akashi dunked the ball ._. ...Didn't see that coming in this episode LOL!

May 17, 2015 5:20 AM

Jan 2014
A miracle WILL happen!
May 17, 2015 7:03 AM

Sep 2014
Seirin got their arse handed to 'em this episode lol. The improved Phantom 6th Man's certainly OP. Wonder how Kuroko'll overcome it. New super power perhaps? Next episode looks to be a comeback.
May 17, 2015 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
Seiren should lose this game but I know that they are going to somehow win.
May 17, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2010
all those ppl saying "seirin will loose or seirin should just loose they have no chance" remind me of a bunch of people in the manga chapter discussion threads of the last match and the forums of a certain mangasite.

funny
May 17, 2015 7:46 AM
May 2009
If anime could change the ending match. Well the anime might end the same way as the manga though.
May 17, 2015 7:51 AM

May 2015
akashi is a badass

May 17, 2015 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
62-37 is quiet impossible feat to catch up in real life matters, yet theres like 6 episode remains
well do i do hope the anime change the outcome of the match if they dare
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2015

155 by Kenel »»
Apr 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

284 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

226 by Matchappie »»
Feb 26, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

136 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

141 by Matchappie »»
Feb 25, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.