Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 3, 2015 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Intense follow-up from last episode, I dare to say that Isla got hit... TT-TT

The logic seems fine to me... The kid followed Tsukasa and Isla, therefore he also got to Marcia. Why should the black market receiver do anything to the boy, he was clearly after the Giftia only.. abducting the boy too would be way more problematic than the Giftia alone and it would gain him nothing, same would killing him.
As they are robots, why should they not be able to malfunction and become "super humans" they presumably are not physically limited like humans are.

The Giftias seems to be used to fill the hole of a missing someone or just be a helping hand for those who thinks they need it, the buffer is around 24 hours, that should be enough time to do things properly. If the firm worked like any other business company, then it would be "zap" -> dead.. "zap" -> dead etc... because that is more efficient and better financially, I like that they treat the robots equally to themselves.
May 3, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2010
What was the point of the cast searching the streets for this lady? She was "stolen" she's not a lost kid. Yet they are looking around out in the open like her and that hilariously bad villain would be out shopping or something. "We can't find her" well no **** Sherlock.

Then they find the hideout and have the whole area locked down, yet the kid just wanders in like nothing. I mean why even bother explaining that the place is locked down if you are going the have the kid waltz in a minute later?

I'll have to agree with those that say that this show has become progressively worse. It is pretty obvious this show is focused on trying to get "feels" out of you but with little thought being put in how they get there. It's just toss in some crying kids, toss in sad old ladies, toss in parent(s) getting killed, and then use whatever as filler around it. For example Michiru's traumatic past is just kinda tossed in the middle of the episode and then cast aside.

I'm pretty disappointed since it could have been really good. Now it's just another "moe" anime with some tacked on sad moments in it.
May 3, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
The story was good, The production was clunky.

The issue about the GPS may be about the privacy of the people using it before the rights of the Giftias themselves.
The issue that stupid untrained unexperienced people are doing this job...first this episode is supposed to be a very rare incident that last happened three years ago, which implies that it is normally a very pedestrian and safe job. Also, the MC couple is incompetent and untrained but most others don't seem to be.
The two problems I have is about the villain who stole Marcia in the first place- he is too one-dimensioned for my liking, but also (until now) I can see zero motivation for this stealing. Why did he even do that?
The other is about Souta obviously. Needs to be explained or it will be a huge gaping hole.
LanzMay 3, 2015 10:07 AM
May 3, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
I thought maybe Gifitias after losing their memories would become non-threatening zombie but I certainly did not imagine Wanderes to be absolute killing machines

As if letting androids with limited life span to raise kids wasn't ridiculous enough.
May 3, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
HybridMBL said:
Plastic Memories turned into Psycho Pass
Thought the same too. Uh where was Isla at the end??
---------My Profile------------
May 3, 2015 10:46 AM

Apr 2013
I'm sure they just want us to think he shot Isla when it's not the case. And even if it is, then it was her fault for running into the line of fire.

How Souta found them really is a bit of a stretch, but what made me wondering is the whole wanderer business. In some parts the Giftias are clearly a failed design. Why are the Limiters disabled after the lifespan? To guarantee security Giftias should automatically get a forced shut down after the lifespan, not grant them super powers. And it was shown that only Tsukasas retrieval unit cared that much for the feelings of the Giftia owners, so other emloyees, especially in the development department, supposedly wouldn't want to spare someone the sight of a dying Giftia through force shut down. And why do they have all that strength to begin with? If they won't ever need it, the design is clearly oversized. Working as an engineer, nobody would ever pay me money for features they aren't going to use, or even able to, and I sure couldn't afford just putting this stuff in and not charging for it.

Maybe there will be some reasons explained for this in the future. Against one of my points above you could reason with Michiru mentioning human rights for the Giftias. But safety of humans should stand above safety of seem-to-be humans and then the decision to grant Giftias the status of fully recognized humans is flawed to begin with.

I guess I just pointed out the entire argument the show wants to make, if androids should be considered human^^ But if said logical flaws are just used for the drama of the show, I will be a bit disappointed.

Other than that, the quality of the show is still fine and I care for (some of) the characters, I don't want to seem like I'm hating on the show just because. ^^
May 3, 2015 11:04 AM

Mar 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
That was... bad. Full of ass pulls (why the fuck would Souta go there? HOW did he get there? Why did the black market retriever just leave Souta to give a witness statement about him coming there? Why did the girl go into walker mode like 18 hours before the retrieval time? WHY would they set retrieval time for Giftias RIGHT AT THE END of their sanity, and not leave a buffer zone of at least a week?)

And the path this story took with the consequence of Giftia sentience is a bit cheesy, was hoping for something more well-developed.

This episode cost Plastic Memories 2 points. Cheap, lazy, trite.

And I bet Isla just took that bullet at the end. I see it now "oh we accidentally grazed Isla with a memory erasing bullet, it wasn't a clean enough hit to destroy ALL her memories so we just conveniently extended her life span and got rid of some not very important memories"

yup. what you and everyone who agreed with you said. people saying "well they usually do pick them up earlier," doesn't work for me. couldn't there be a feature where they automatically shut down at "X" hours as well? and the souta thing, it's just too much for me. maybe they will try to explain it later. i can't imagine any writer not realizing how big of a problem this is. we all noticed. even if they do, it's still ridiculous. i may continue watching out of curiosity, but atm, this series gets a 4 by me.
May 3, 2015 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
Marcia is abducted and shit is getting serious alright so they became like terminator that's why they need to take them back
May 3, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2010
That was an intense episode, and was absolutely fantastic. It's beginning to deliver more and more on its premise and I couldn't be happier. Tsundere got development, her back story was fleshed out, and more world building was done. However, the cliff hanger is destroying my soul.
May 3, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2011
HybridMBL said:

Lmfao I had that feeling too.

Overall it was a nice intense episode.
May 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
Shit. That black market retriever got Marcia and now she turned into a Wanderer :/
The back story of Michiru was really sad, when they had to shoot her father. So did Tsukasa make it? Or did the accidentally hit Isla? The last scene was confusing...

May 3, 2015 1:42 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Decent episode this week altough Tsukasa was a pussy as always.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 3, 2015 2:11 PM

Jul 2009
I think I'll drop it. It's so fucking stupid!
Why Giftias only live for 9 years?
Is it the capacity of their main drive? If so, why there was no work done in addressing this issue? For all those years they didn't developed bigger storage matrix? Or why they don't delete useless memories, like going to shop etc.?
Is it degradation of the matrix? So why not transfer to the new one? Or again, why there's no development in this field? Because as far as I can deduct, the 9 year limit exists for years.

Above that, What the hell is wrong with the MC?! Machine with insane physical strength crushes the larynx of a kid, and all he does is standing like a moron, because "maybe the OS degradation will turn back and restore itself, and she'll hug him, and there'll be flowers and sunshine and everyone will be happy". Fuck that moron.

This whole retrieval group is a joke. I've seen more competence in KFC workers, and they supposedly work for giant international conglomerate. All of them GTFO swiping streets.
May 3, 2015 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
Best episode so far
May 3, 2015 2:55 PM
Nov 2014
It looks like even in the rare case where giftia become wanderers, they seem harmless UNTIL triggered by their memories. Is this what Isla meant by memories being painful?

There are certainly discussions and criticisms towards this episode, some legitimate, some not so much.

-Why don't they retrieve giftias months in advance instead of at the last minute?

Imagine you have a terminally ill family member. You wouldn't kill him or her "months in advance" for convenience sake, right? You want to spend as much time with them as possible. Also, as explained, wanderers are very rare.

-What could black market retrievers possibly do with giftias?

Imagine the sensitive information that could be extracted. Stealing bank passwords, blackmail material, off the top of my head. Also, if the lifetime of a giftia is limited by software and not hardware, black marketers could reuse or re-sell the giftias for themselves.

-Why does society let giftias parent kids?

It's certainly a top worthy of debate. If you don't know, the rate of physical, mental, and sexual abuse among foster children is staggering. Since giftias seem to love and are loved in this society, it's definitely better than foster care IMO.

-How did Souta get there?

I agree this is an oversight. Power of the plot?

All in all, I think Plastic Memories was intended to be a drama series about our two leads, rather than a philosophical show about sci-fi and AI ethics. If you look at it from that point of view, it's doing a pretty good job so far while still stirring up debate.
May 3, 2015 3:57 PM

Feb 2011
oh wow things are getting serious with that shady guy

so expired giftias become like zombies/ghouls :o
a bit disappointed it just happens right after and not gradually, and also that they become violent for no apparent reason, was imagining it being more like moving by instinct and accidentally causing harm to others, and not turning into 100% aggressive

oh no, why the kid had to come, and How did he find them?
isla had a sword? :o where did she took that from?

wtf happened at the end? why making the episode end like that?
just show what happened instead of leaving criptic and speculable empty room scenes

HybridMBL said:

lately this show is trying to be a lot of things,
first emotional tearjerker
then hilarious comic
and now serious action

1cebear said:
.... but what made me wondering is the whole wanderer business. In some parts the Giftias are clearly a failed design. Why are the Limiters disabled after the lifespan? To guarantee security Giftias should automatically get a forced shut down after the lifespan, not grant them super powers. And it was shown that only Tsukasas retrieval unit cared that much for the feelings of the Giftia owners, so other emloyees, especially in the development department, supposedly wouldn't want to spare someone the sight of a dying Giftia through force shut down. And why do they have all that strength to begin with? If they won't ever need it, the design is clearly oversized. Working as an engineer, nobody would ever pay me money for features they aren't going to use, or even able to, and I sure couldn't afford just putting this stuff in and not charging for it.

reused as military force when needed? lol xD
even so, domestic giftias should not have the same features of "hypothetical" labor or militar giftias
about the limiters guess they're present only into the software, so once they go mad the limiters are lost/erased (rather than getting disabled), which again is terrible design knowing giftias have sofware problems, they should have put more levels of limitations to avoid problems like the wanderers
ZeandoMay 3, 2015 4:15 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 3, 2015 4:40 PM

Dec 2014
MoeGod said:

It's not that human lives mean nothing but the implementation of such system may be more difficult than we imagine (just like the plane GPS system). They also never mentioned that this security firm was exclusively dealing with Giftias. It makes more sense that they are just like your any security firm except they have a contract with the company that produced Giftias, it's impossible that they only deal with them.

Since you have watched Animatrix then you'd also know that the robots there went through several wars and demonstrations to be acknowledged as the same with humans. Well, I very much doubt there was such thing in this anime's history. I think it's more likely that these laws protecting Giftia's rights were passed in conjunction with laws that protect the privacy of their owners. While we can't really comprehend just how much Giftias has been incorporated into human lives in this anime's universe, it's clear that to many people Giftias are more than just machines. For some it's a replacement for their family members and it could be that these people are the ones pushing for those laws. Whether you are in favor of keeping Giftias as strictly machines, the opposite opinion will definitely be present.

The sole problem with "androids having human rights" and the private security is not how much sense that make, is the way the anime utilizes these plot elements. If the show wants to be more mature and be more than just a tear-jerker which I believe it's trying to be given the people behind the scene. But they should have brought up these elements several episode ago and explain and develop these ideas prior to the events in this episode. I think many will agree that the episode 3 needs a total rewrite if the show actually want to implement these ideas. These are all came out all of a sudden and the show doesn't even bother to demonstrate the significant these elements have in the story's universe other than cheap and convenient plot device. And before the anime made clear that these are not just plot devices, any discussion about their practicality and passability will be unfruitful.

MoeGod said:
Obviously for story-telling purpose it's always the weak and the meek (i.e. women and child) who are chosen to be the victim (ehm Clannad, Angel Beats, Ano Hana, Shigatsu). Would people be crying as much if it was the guys who died in those anime? maybe, but I doubt the impact would be as strong. Plus there was Michiru's dad and I'm pretty sure the Giftia on the 1st episode was a dude, although he was rather effeminate.

The gender, or age, or ethics group means little as long as the characters are well-written, which in this case obviously it's not, and including the moe design and other miscellaneous design choices the show made, and many other shows made, they are not for story-telling, they are just for marketability. But it's the quality makes a difference.
May 3, 2015 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
man theres so much text in this thread I almost thought I was in the Oregairu forums...
May 3, 2015 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
I have a pretty generous suspension of disbelief but this episode just crossed the line.

What in the world was Souta doing there? They had just established it as a sealed off zone. Why use normal guns when they have psycho pass ripoff ones made for Giftias? Why do those two orange haired women have a problem with the guys who saved them? Shouldn't they be grateful? Why make super strong robots when they have a chance of going berserk? What use does the black market have with robots that are about to go insane and kill them?
May 3, 2015 7:05 PM

Aug 2014
Finally, we get to see what a Wanderer looks like. So everyone was pretty much right - they're nothing more than mindless killing machines because of their lack of reasoning and being left with only primal instincts. We find out the story behind the tsundere's father, and it was kinda how I imagined it. I honestly didn't like how Isla didn't manage to do anything yet again, and there's even a possibility of her getting hit by that EMP shot, though I doubt it. I also didn't like how Souta somehow got past the security and was conveniently there for a stronger drama.

Regardless, I liked the episode. Hopefully nothing bad actually happened to Isla, and we find out the exact reason those black merchants want the Giftias, because it's pretty evident they don't have a clue as to what they're doing.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 3, 2015 7:07 PM

Jun 2014
wanderers are pretty creepy
May 3, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
I did not signed up for this.
Did the staff see the STALKER ratings ?
May 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Oct 2013
MoeGod said:

Obviously for story-telling purpose it's always the weak and the meek (i.e. women and child) who are chosen to be the victim (ehm Clannad, Angel Beats, Ano Hana, Shigatsu). Would people be crying as much if it was the guys who died in those anime? maybe, but I doubt the impact would be as strong. Plus there was Michiru's dad and I'm pretty sure the Giftia on the 1st episode was a dude, although he was rather effeminate.

At least it's scratching the surface of ridiculously entertaining levels now, with Psycho-Pass dominator-like guns, berserk Giftias & all that. Still, it should go further off the deep end. Rise of the wanderer zombie berserk Giftias pls.
TyrelMay 4, 2015 12:57 AM
May 3, 2015 8:00 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, I wasn't expecting this episode to be so tense. Also I'm getting a strong Pyscho-Pass vibe from this episode but it was still entertaining.
May 3, 2015 8:08 PM

Dec 2010
holy shit dont fire!
May 3, 2015 8:13 PM

Jun 2013
acrimonious said:
So the way that was set up at the end I'm guessing

Anyone get the significance of the whiteboard before the credits?

I thought of that as a possibility as well. Though I don't think they'd kill her off this early. If they did, then.... Holy crap I don't even know where this series will go after that.
May 3, 2015 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
That episode had many flaws and one of the major ones was, how did Souta get there? Seriously, how?! The R.Security surely wouldn't have allowed him, a kid, get into a crime zone now could they? *sigh* Oh wait....those morons did..I believe it could have been ALOT better if Marcia had moved straight to Souta's house after dealing with that black market guy. Then Souta could have called Tsukasa and asked about Marcia's status when suddenly, Marcia kicks in and the call drops. Tsukasa then, alongside Isla, could have made his way to Souta's residence and then that strangling and that blind shooting scene could have taken place. If the plot could have been deviced like that, I'm sure the nonsensical parts could have been proven logical and more effective. A poor plot related mistake there. Overall, the episode was satisfying. I was looking forward to learn more about those 'wanderers'. And ...yeah Isla did get shot and now is either dead or has lost her memories. Either way, she's not in the department as that 'attendance board' clearly described that. I wonder how they'll take it from here. Will they create a new Isla? Or will her life time expand due that shot and the others help her recover? Seriously, by now the series is completely unpredictable.
May 3, 2015 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
ass-pulls, ass-pulls EVERYWHERE

However, I wont lie, the ending got me intrigued, I Highly doubt they would kill Isla, but hey, maybe it actually happened, and maybe this story is taking a completely unexpected turn...

Still, even if it starts to get better it is undeniable the plot is looking like a swiss cheese right now, in terms of holes ¯_(ツ)_/¯
May 3, 2015 9:20 PM
Feb 2014
Meh. I don't know what to think about this episode.

The ending was unexpected, BUT it was executed quite poorly IMO.
May 3, 2015 9:21 PM

Jun 2014
Taurus_Silv3r said:
That episode had many flaws and one of the major ones was, how did Souta get there? Seriously, how?! The R.Security surely wouldn't have allowed him, a kid, get into a crime zone now could they? *sigh* Oh wait....those morons did..I believe it could have been ALOT better if Marcia had moved straight to Souta's house after dealing with that black market guy. Then Souta could have called Tsukasa and asked about Marcia's status when suddenly, Marcia kicks in and the call drops. Tsukasa then, alongside Isla, could have made his way to Souta's residence and then that strangling and that blind shooting scene could have taken place. If the plot could have been deviced like that, I'm sure the nonsensical parts could have been proven logical and more effective. A poor plot related mistake there. Overall, the episode was satisfying. I was looking forward to learn more about those 'wanderers'. And ...yeah Isla did get shot and now is either dead or has lost her memories. Either way, she's not in the department as that 'attendance board' clearly described that. I wonder how they'll take it from here. Will they create a new Isla? Or will her life time expand due that shot and the others help her recover? Seriously, by now the series is completely unpredictable.

Yes it is a flaw that souta came here. But your idea still doesn't work, you should know that wanderers lose their memories, so how and why would she go to souta house? She doesn't even know him anymore how would she even get there?
May 3, 2015 10:04 PM

Sep 2014
While I don't think this is going to happen, it would be funny to see certain things that people are complaining about be properly explained in one of the following episodes... such as how Souta got there in the first place and whatnot. Too bad we can't know if that's going to be the case, since this isn't a novel or manga adaptation.
May 3, 2015 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
I though the gun's like kind of stun gun, with the electricity and stuff(virus as said before) but it turned out/ to be a beam. Isla's intercept at the end was confusing but overal a nice feels episode imo.
May 3, 2015 10:34 PM

Jul 2014
this show has one of the most underdeveloped and idiotic setups in recent memory. I'm suppose to believe that a society advance enough to have androids isn't advance enough to have better countermeasures for such scenarios? Even without thinking about that why hesitate to shoot her with the virus, I mean they were going to erase her memories anyway. Now that she's a rampaging killing machine isn't it more of an incentive to put her down than before? Everything in this show from the lifespan to the world lore is so lopsided. Just a forced attempt at making melodrama.
May 3, 2015 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
Whoa, this anime suddenly turned pretty darn serious and somewhat dark. This whole episode gave me quite the Psycho-Pass vibe too. Even the gun kinda looks/acts like a dominator. We finally found out that after a giftia's time is up and is still roaming about, it will eventually become a wanderer which is essentially like a giftia zombie or monster. Seeing Marcia as a wanderer and strangling Souta was really messed up. Interesting twist to the series, didn't expect it!
May 3, 2015 11:01 PM

Apr 2012
Marcia turn into Wanderer, she became like a Super Zombie. D:

that gun reminds me of a Dominator gun.

this show become dark and serious.

May 3, 2015 11:03 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode..what happened to marcia was really bad,at least she was not shoot like hell,what i saw earlier..I guess isla got shot at the end,i might BE worng..let's see.
JsmithmimMay 3, 2015 11:06 PM
Mim
May 4, 2015 12:27 AM

Jan 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
That was... bad. Full of ass pulls (why the fuck would Souta go there? HOW did he get there? Why did the black market retriever just leave Souta to give a witness statement about him coming there? ? WHY would they set retrieval time for Giftias RIGHT AT THE END of their sanity, and not leave a buffer zone of at least a week?)

And the path this story took with the consequence of Giftia sentience is a bit cheesy, was hoping for something more well-developed.

This episode cost Plastic Memories 2 points. Cheap, lazy, trite.

And I bet Isla just took that bullet at the end. I see it now "oh we accidentally grazed Isla with a memory erasing bullet, it wasn't a clean enough hit to destroy ALL her memories so we just conveniently extended her life span and got rid of some not very important memories"
This....This episode was so stupid...Also it was obvious that Isla would be shot by that bullet,i predicted it the second they gave those weapons...
May 4, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2013
So what's with the whiteboard, what name was missing there?
May 4, 2015 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
A tiny bit improvement in the pacing & the writing, but it was still mediocre at best. So many questions direly need to be answered. If the next episode is not improving, I am going to drop this.
And at the last moment of this episode I was like, "Wait, this is turning to be Psycho-Pass? What's with the virus gun?"
I like anime.
May 4, 2015 5:17 AM

Aug 2011
Target's Threat Judgment has been updated. Enforcement mode is Lethal Eliminator. Aim carefully and eliminate the target.

Cute Psycho-Pass.
ReFordMay 4, 2015 7:31 AM
May 4, 2015 5:41 AM

Feb 2012
The more I think of this episode, the less sense it makes. A lot of people are saying that "things will be explained later", but you'll be hard-pressed to explain some of these scenarios. Like, why would black market dealers only target Giftias that are about to go insane? Considering how strong they are and such, that sounds like a very bad idea (and it was, as this episode showed). I find it very hard to believe that it was a coincidence that they happened to capture her the day before her time would expire either given that these black market dealers have enough information to know where she lives, so why wouldn't they know her lifespan? And if the reason is something as nonsensical and generic as "necessary for taking over the world", that'll be even worse because it shows you just reached for the lowest hanging fruit in order to get a reaction out of the viewer.

Also, what kind of robots who could go berserk one day don't have tracking systems within them? We have 'em in our cell phones, so why not robots? This setting is just completely uninspired and there's no spark to the story because it's buried under a bunch of cliches that don't add anything meaningful to it. It's just generic "man and robot can befriend, understand, and even fall in love with each other" crap. Titan AE had more imagination than this.
FlawfinderMay 4, 2015 5:48 AM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
May 4, 2015 11:35 AM
May 2015
I don't believe they are really androids or robots of any description and I think any discussion of them from a robotics perspective will turn out to be redundant. The shows been far from subtle about that.

They have really high level emotions and self awareness, they drink, pee (with human bladder controls), breath, cry, bleed, feel pain, probably eat, sweat, regularly shower... the list goes on. We've constantly been shown Giftia as being anything other than androids or robots.

The question is what exactly are they? How and why did they come into being and what are SAI Corp up to?

I'm going with some kind of human experimentation project, or something along those lines. Probably something really shady. Either one that is ongoing or one that went wrong and is somewhat out of control. The whole memory reset thing is probably just part of the process of whatever it is they are doing.

They almost definitely aren't "robots" or androids though.

http://www.almostmainstream.net/articles/anime/plastic-memories-impressions-analysis-and-predictions-episodes-1-5/ (see the end)
FizixMay 4, 2015 12:26 PM
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
May 4, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
KumaKing said:
They got stopped by armed men when they tried to enter the area. But the kid somehow got passed them..

Ok

Plot convenience.

The outcome is too predictable.
May 4, 2015 2:03 PM

May 2012
This episode was better than the last ones. Tsukasa is too retarded, i knew he would not shot her in time, but what he was expecting to happen there? She was out of control already, just use the gun and the problem is solved you dumbass.
I despise woke people.
May 4, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2007
Fizix said:
I don't believe they are really androids or robots of any description and I think any discussion of them from a robotics perspective will turn out to be redundant. The shows been far from subtle about that.

They have really high level emotions and self awareness, they drink, pee (with human bladder controls), breath, cry, bleed, feel pain, probably eat, sweat, regularly shower... the list goes on. We've constantly been shown Giftia as being anything other than androids or robots.

The question is what exactly are they? How and why did they come into being and what are SAI Corp up to?

I'm going with some kind of human experimentation project, or something along those lines. Probably something really shady. Either one that is ongoing or one that went wrong and is somewhat out of control. The whole memory reset thing is probably just part of the process of whatever it is they are doing.

http://www.almostmainstream.net/articles/anime/plastic-memories-impressions-analysis-and-predictions-episodes-1-5/ (see the end)

I think too that they are some kind of bio-droid that well...are stronger than humans....but then what about brain? it just stops after....those 91k hours?? why? if they know exact time like that it needs to be some kind of machine-like device...at least the brain....its possible that they are reusing bodies......or changing the brain...for example with human one...like in GITS....but then why not do it strait away?? and why wait for 9 years?...so i dont its this case...and they are just puting there new brain.....reusing the frame and creating new apperence and selling them again.....or just wiping the personality and...well formating them...and then again reseling them while changing theyr appereance...or maybe not if there are models and you can see more of the same kind on streets :P

I just think that the world is really badly explained...or shown....its the lack of wrtiing..or execution...its not just plot holes....its just weak.....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
May 4, 2015 7:12 PM
Sep 2013
When it got to the end I was just thinking, "AUGH! HELL NO! I have to wait a whole week?!"
May 4, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
People jumping ship on this pretty fast lol. My suspicions about the show were definitely confirmed here. Just lazy, uninspired execution/writing on a decent premise.

Forget Psycho-Pass, it even became Ergo Proxy.
May 5, 2015 12:23 AM

Oct 2013
HybridMBL said:
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
May 5, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
Fizix said:

That would be kinda interesting! Then the black market guys could actually be some kind of rebels trying to free the experimentation subjects from their misery! :D
May 5, 2015 3:31 AM

Dec 2010
The plot and situation makes sense to me. Feels were right in my Kokoro too :3
Although there are few noticeable problems:
1. how da faq did souta freakn get there and why is he there...
2. what was isla thinking?! Dominator(?) was already charging up too, also how did she manage to splint with bruised sheen XD

The cliffhanger felt more of an anticlimax that I'm actually not looking forward to next episode
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.