Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I'm not sure I like that Souta kid.

Good to know the series is back on track with the tasks again though. I like how Michiru and the others are trying to help the kid despite him being a bit of rude. And lol, Michiru and her rage:

Just found her chemistry with Tsukasa to be very amusing in this. The Birthday party they were preparing also looked delicious~
Apr 25, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
Isla said good morning!

Lol Marcia trying to make Isla smile.
Apr 25, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2015
The episode was nice imo.
Apr 25, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
A really good episode, makes me want to give my family a hug, especially the one that I come to hate at times.

It began to rain when the birthday party started :o Souta once accepting his family's love was great.

Didn't really expect Michiru to be an android child! Everyone has their history, which makes things interesting.

Knew the mentioning of the black market was leading up to no good, seeing the guy coming to get Marcia, Souta looked quite brave at the end, though.
Apr 25, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode :)

Sad story again..

Interesting who's that creepy guy and what's he planning to do :o
Apr 25, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
Damn, as soon as those Black Market guys were mentioned I figured something like this was coming. I'm guessing they're gonna try and retrieve Marcia next week though, I doubt they'd end that story thread there.

Another emotionally crushing episode like the first. Still...leaving/allowing a Giftia to raise a 5 year old child like Souta seems wrong to me. I mean at best they'da only been together until he was 13...it just seems so cruel.

Interesting info on an expired Giftia's "Wanderer" state this week....hope that isn't Isla's fate down the road.
Apr 25, 2015 11:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Retrieval episodes are the best so far, great. Black market was mentioned and this guy at the end seems to be one of them...
Apr 25, 2015 11:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I love how Zack always tries to incite things, especially when he was suggesting Isla and Tsukasa has gotten a bit too closer. "Maybe Tsukasa is getting all tochy-feely with her every night?" XD

Souta's rude behavior was understandable to an extent, but I still think he was acting like a little bitch. Nice seeing them enjoying his birthday and reminiscing about his family. The cake eating part reminded me of last week's episode of Re-Kan.

Michiru continues to be tsundere for Tsukasa. It's cute at times, but can be a bit annoying too. She'll most likely end up with him though, unfortunately.

Meanwhile, chief Yamanobe got scolded for his high labor cost. Terminal One will soon be facing some consequences.

Didn't take long for the Black Market retrievers to come into play, and they just had to come at Marcia. Damnit! >.<

Decent episode. New issues will be a pain to deal with. At least, there mightn't be much melodrama for a while.

Apr 25, 2015 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
Sugoii!!! I really love this anime once again it almost moved me to tears I never thought I would of given a 10 to it but I love it so much I hope they can deal with black market I feel like things are going to get sadder and sadder
Apr 25, 2015 11:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This retrieval stuff is something that I can never do....Man these episodes always makes me feel so freaking sad TwT

Even though the episode was sweet and teh character interactions were great, hearing about the kid's parents dying when he must have been like 5 or 6 years old made me sad....And his older sister has been with him from since he was born too and for him to have to lose her crushed me inside a little

And to make matters worse those black market guys just had to come right here and now to do this to poor Souta....Man this is not looking good but I'm interested in these new antagonists
Apr 25, 2015 11:58 AM
Feb 2015
I liked michiru reactions xD especially when she is so self conscious.
Good thing souta is cheering up.
Well things will get interesting with the fake terminal service guy...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Apr 25, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
Yet another great episode ;)
But I'm curious how they develop main plot.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 25, 2015 12:13 PM
Feb 2011
Quite a good episode. Compared to last week's episode this brought some hope back for this show. Though I still think that Michiru with bring this show down in quality, really an unnecessary character IMO.
Apr 25, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
Another sad episode.

It had it's happy moments in it but that ending was really shady.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 25, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
I guess normally I would just think what a mediocre series it is and quickly forget about it, but after a pretty solid first episode it's amazing what a piece of crap it turned out to be. There's just too much bullshit about the world to swallow, two main characters are complete failures (not the silly funny type though, more like "put them down before they hurt someone") and everything is so in your face it's almost insulting. I wonder what people behind this title are thinking. Probably something like "we have a somehow original and interesting idea for a series, let's try to jam as many horrible and overused cliches as it's possible in it and make it run on cheap drama". Treating your viewer like a complete cretins must be an awesome job.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 25, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
Sad...
The guy at the end is definitely from the black market, I wonder what will happen.
Apr 25, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
This series sure knows how to pack on the feels when it really wants to. Not really sure I liked that kid too much, but his reaction is understandable given his situation. Also, it seems a bit wrong that they'd leave such a young kid with a Giftia, especially when it's one with only a couple of years left. Surely that kid had some other family that could have taken him in? Well, not that it matters too much, since it let us get another excellent episode. That tidbit about Giftias turning into Wanderers after they expire was pretty surprising, but it's definitely good to know.

And I'm assuming that guy at the end was one of those black market people? I wonder how else they're going to influence things from here onwards.
Apr 25, 2015 12:27 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
There we go, that was more like the first episode again, nice~

Obvious creepy old guy up to no good at the end, better call the rape police
Apr 25, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, the guy at the end made this more interesting.
Apr 25, 2015 12:32 PM
Apr 2015
Anyone else noticed that Isla is starting to show some expression at the end of the opening? :D
Apr 25, 2015 12:35 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
interfer0n said:
Anyone else noticed that Isla is starting to show some expression at the end of the opening? :D

Yeah, they change the details everytime at the very last scene of the OP. That's cool.
Apr 25, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. I'm not very fond of Michiru and at some parts I felt like I was dozing off, but I'm still interested in the upcoming stuff with the guy trying to nab Souta's Giftia.
Apr 25, 2015 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
Yay plastic memories returning to its SOL roots. Really like the added dimension of black market retrievers, wanderers, giftia guardians, and giftia business management. It also never fails to pull at your heart strings too. The world building is excellent.

Apr 25, 2015 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was a cliffhanger for ur ass. Hope nothing bad happens to Souta and Marcia. That guy reeks Shady Fraud D:

Overall this ep was really nice and sweet :3 Loving Michiru more and more. Her tsundere-ness is perfect <3 Loved the scene when she realized she was holding Tsukasa's hand and got flustered <3

It was nice getting to know more about her. So her parent was a giftia and she refused returning him until he became a wanderer? That sux. I actually wish we'll get an ep with flashbacks to what happened. That would be awesome

Dat Isla smile though XD (The one in front of the mirror was actually pretty good...with a tinge of sadness :(...
U can totally tell from many of the scenes in this ep that she's having a struggle whenever "End of life span and loneliness is mentioned"

Gotta love Zack though XD His troll smile when he told Michiru about Tsukaka reading a newly wed manual was funny XD

So I'm guessing they'll be having troubles since they're boss keeps getting scolded?

Man I love that ED <3 Isla's smiles are adorable >.<

Quite a lot of nice fanservice too :P Michiru's got one HOT BODY *A*

Marica's ass was nice too :P And ofc Isla's fanservice
Apr 25, 2015 1:11 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,
Got a bad feeling about the old guy at the end... for some reason I think he will deserve and should lose the rest of his teeth....
Apr 25, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2010
The thing i wonder about is who will take care of Souta ones Marcia is gone?
It's clear he isn't old enough yet to take care of himself yet.

Any case i expected the black market service to show up at one point in this episode but didn't expect them to show up at the end.
Hope they manage to stop him.
Apr 25, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Isla finally said good morning.

The one of Black Market retrievers came to get Marcia.
Apr 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
That wanderer thing made me wonder about Isla.....

The ending seriously got me on the verge of tearing... ffs :(

Isla... never smile again lol

That creepy fuck better not touch Marcia. Protect her, Souta!

Still waiting for the ending....
Apr 25, 2015 1:19 PM

Feb 2014
Cakiii, bringing people together since the start of time.
Apr 25, 2015 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
This show would be a lot better if the actual stuff related to the plot didn't take up only 1/10th of the runtime.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 25, 2015 1:29 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
That dude in then end will proberly succeed in taking Marcia.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 25, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
There we go, that was more like the first episode again, nice~

Obvious creepy old guy up to no good at the end, better call the rape police

Call me for that.
Apr 25, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode with all its happy and sad moments. Interesting infos about Michiru and what happens to Giftias after their life span end. That creepy guy from the black market service in the end... I hope Tsukasa and Co. will manage to stop him next week.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Apr 25, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2011
Very sad episode. I thought Sotou was a jerk in the beginning but he made up for it. I hope he stands up against that Pedo guy.
Apr 25, 2015 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
Sad episode, but dat forced smile was too adorable <3
Apr 25, 2015 2:10 PM
Oct 2013
Great episode and sad :(( that ending shit... >.<
Apr 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty funny episode with some feels. That ending has me worried. I hope Marcia doesn't get taken away.
Apr 25, 2015 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
I love this series. Pretty heartwarming as usual. 5/5
Apr 25, 2015 3:05 PM

May 2013
Almost shed a tear in this episode. What is with that old guy in the end?
Apr 25, 2015 3:13 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This was a good retrieval episode. I learned that some kids were raised by Giftia after their parents passed away. So even Michiru was one of them. I like how she's looking out for Tsukasa but never one to admit. x3 And Isla's forced smile, OMG! xD That was soooooo adorable! <3

Since the Black Market guys have been mentioned, it appears that the old fart at the end is one of them... He looks really suspicious, and I hope Souta & Marcia think twice before believing him. The old fart must have made a fake ID too..
Apr 25, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
I'm kinda feeling it...
Apr 25, 2015 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode,

but this man... Creepy.
Apr 25, 2015 3:23 PM

Feb 2015
I'd feel more attached to the emotional aspects of the story if the kid wasn't so much of a brat all the time.

Nonetheless I enjoyed the episode. The meeting, as well as the introduction to a black market and the Wanderers really expanded the setting. That's the kind of stuff I've been hoping to see, in addition to the feels, of course aha
Apr 25, 2015 3:32 PM

May 2012
got some minor feels there :p
i dont like where tht ending is going though.... so many things are gonna go down by the end of this show.... isla and her time left and now this weird other terminal service thing
Apr 25, 2015 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
Hm, this episode was a lot better than last week's. It was nice to see some backstory on Michiru, and we also got some insight on what happens if Giftias aren't retrieved on time.

babymilo91 said:
Almost shed a tear in this episode. What is with that old guy in the end?

I believe that was one of the black market retrievers. I am gonna be pissed if that guy gets Marcia, and does something with her. I hope they catch him REALLY FAST and throw him in jail.
Apr 25, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2014
Hmmm...did Michiru somehow have feeling for Tsukasa? Haha
Isla is so emotionless...it's funny to see her force smile lol
Can't wait for next episode.
Still sad that Isla does not have long to live.
Apr 25, 2015 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
Michiru was pretty annoying this episode. Still the episode ad some feels but not much.

Interesting cliffhanger.
Apr 25, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
Flawfinder said:
This show would be a lot better if the actual stuff related to the plot didn't take up only 1/10th of the runtime.
This. And when it is there it just feels insulting to the viewer a lot of the times, because the narrative makes it so in your face like Anataru said, or because it makes Tsukasa look like a complete moron. Again this episode not knowing things about his job he should probably have long known about with the Wanderers.
Apr 25, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
The thick white lines in the hair were out of control and made everyone look like cardboard cutouts.

Isla making faces, Mizugaki being clumsy, slapstick physical humor, overreacting, handling relationships like a 12-year-old... who is this show made for, 8-year-olds? This show gets worse with every episode.
Apr 25, 2015 4:35 PM
Nov 2013
Very nice episode. The emotional scenes were not forced at all and it was very genuine. I have a very bad feeling about the next episode..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.