Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2015 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
Best girl Krul finally appears <3
Apr 25, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2014
I think yu will get the black demon power

Krul looks like she will be a cool character

Mika is still good :)

New guy looks interesting reminds me a bit of yo from guilty crown
Apr 25, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
This thing is fucking AWFUL, LITERALLY AWFUL, the DIALOGUE SEEMS LIKE A FUCKING SHINGEKI RIPOFF.

I'm one of the first ones to hate on shingeki fanboys saying it's the best anime out there, but HOLY FUCK, this anime deserves way lower rating at max a 6.5
Apr 25, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2012
Seraph of the end? Plague? Guess there's more to this going on than just "Vampire are the big bad guys. Must kill"

So humans may be partly to blame for what the vampires did or something? Being called greedy repeatedly in this episode and what not.

Anyway, getting a bit more interesting now

Was also wondering why Krul's VA sounded familiar. Mina Tepes from Dance in the Vampire Bund. lol Now she's voicing another ruler of vampires. Pretty funny
OlemApr 25, 2015 10:51 AM

Apr 25, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
Oh god, another sub-par performance from the VAs, this time with the Loli-Queen Krul. Why doesn't anyone manage to fit their character here?

This is too reminiscent of SnK. After the tragedy now we have the damn "training" arc. They could have done more with the establishment of MC and Glasses-kun new bond, but I guess it was okay. Still staying tuned though

...Unfortunately.
KatoBytesApr 25, 2015 10:50 AM
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 25, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2012
Krul has arrived, we have a likable version of Sunako at last. I really like how they portrayed the vamp side, and I love Lacus and Rene's voices so far. Good introduction for Kimizuki, even though the pacing was kinda slow(I'll take too slow over too fast any day though), and Yuu shows his obsession with family can be utilized as compassion for the sake of others, and not just used as a tool to focus his revenge. But of course, 90% of the people here won't acknowledge that, because he was still loud and obnoxious this ep.

chakracat said:
This is really feeling like aldnoah zero.
How the hell are you getting that? The music? Slaine's voice? I can understand GC comparisons after this episode(I'll regret saying that), but the AZ and SnK comparisons are so tired at this point.
Apr 25, 2015 10:53 AM

Sep 2010
Olem said:
Seraph of the end? Plague? Guess there's more to this going on than just "Vampire are the big bad guys. Must kill"

So humans may be partly to blame for what the vampires did or something? Being called greedy repeatedly in this episode and what not.

Anyway, getting a bit more interesting now

Why would vampires endanger their source of food? Yes, like this episode said, it was the humans who destroyed most of humanity by their greed. Vampires just acted to secure supplies when most of humanity was wiped out by fellow humans experiments. The Demon Imperial Army, aside of his companions and maybe Guurren and his allies, are supposed to be worse than the vampires.
Apr 25, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
Olem said:

Was also wondering why Krul's VA sounded familiar. Mina Tepes from Dance in the Vampire Bund. lol Now she's voicing another ruler of vampires. Pretty funny

And here she is Krul Tepes lol. Also she voiced the Vampire loli leader in Shiki.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 25, 2015 10:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I still want to punch Yuu face. However, he's not a complete asshole now, sometimes he cares for others has we can see with Kimizuki and his sister.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 25, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
Darklycan51 said:
This thing is fucking AWFUL, LITERALLY AWFUL, the DIALOGUE SEEMS LIKE A FUCKING SHINGEKI RIPOFF.

I'm one of the first ones to hate on shingeki fanboys saying it's the best anime out there, but HOLY FUCK, this anime deserves way lower rating at max a 2/10

yeah right.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 25, 2015 11:00 AM

May 2012
Orulyon said:
And here she is Krul Tepes lol. Also she voiced the Vampire loli leader in Shiki.

Lol Didn't even notice the last name. Well, I have no clue on the background of the name "Tepes", but I'll just assume it has a lot to do with vampires.

Haven't seen Shiki yet, so maybe I'll get to that

Apr 25, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad they're trying to speed things up a bit by using the content of 1.5 chapters in one episode. Ferid's a really interesting character, but I feel like I'm in the minority there.

Is it just me or are there unnecessarily long pauses between people talking? It makes the scenes feel slow...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2015 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, Krul appears. She's so strong. *o* Mikaela being awesome at the beginning.
Shinoa is still the best girl to me.
I liked the Yuu and Kimizuki scenes, they were entertaining.
Looking forward to the next episode. :3
Apr 25, 2015 12:23 PM
Mar 2015
I'm liking Krul and Shinoa, this was an overall good episode.
Apr 25, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
A nice episode and might as well start reading the manga because it does seem to be going good.
Apr 25, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
Does this get any better? It's been quite mediocre so far.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 25, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2011
Vampire Queen looks like she should be a hentai.
Apr 25, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
Loli Vamp Queen's badass kick tho.

Really looking forward to the Gear assignments.
Apr 25, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2014
Good episode I guess

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 25, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2011
cyborgneko999 said:
Hot loli vampire declare war on humanity & childhood nakama clash incoming. Ok ep.

That means score down to 6/10. For me at least.
Apr 25, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2014
Hm...so this is a episode about how Miki turns into a vampire.
Well, nothing special about this episode I guess.
Looking forward to see the fight between them vampires and MC's group.
Apr 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Apr 2014
Why do you people still complain about the BL? Your reasons are an absolute fuckery
"Yuu should be a female" Well excuse you he should not be
You will see that soon nobody's even gonna ship Mika and Yuu, believe me

All that hate for the BL well sorry if Owari no Seraph isn't a 100% copy of Attack on Titan, these are two separate anime and you can't have anything against that here we have childhood friends who love each other like brothers grown up together experienced a post-apo vampire thing then separated for 4 years and their love is shown in the OP
Huh?
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Apr 25, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2014
Probably my favorite episode so far.
Apr 25, 2015 2:55 PM

Jul 2011
This show reeks so much generic shounen it hurts. The first episode really had me excited but four episodes in and I'm already losing it.

And what bugs me the most is the character designs of the vampires. They look like every kind of anime vampire, nothing unique about them at all. And of course the Loli is the queen.

How Mika's and Yuu's relationship will play out is the only thing that's keeping me interested.
Apr 25, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2008
Loli vampires are best lolis and best vampires.
Apr 25, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
ElKiddoLoco said:
bastek66 said:
Smug

lmao this is perfect

LOL. That evil smile from Shinoa. Mika forced to transform into a vampire :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 25, 2015 3:19 PM
Dec 2014
Pretty good episode, new characters, plot progression and we got to know how Mika turned into a vampire.
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Apr 25, 2015 3:23 PM
Mar 2010
Olem said:
Orulyon said:

Lol Didn't even notice the last name. Well, I have no clue on the background of the name "Tepes", but I'll just assume it has a lot to do with vampires.

Tepes is romanian for "impaler". Most famously associated with Vlad Tepes, aka Vlad the Impaler. Or as he was known while he was alive, Vlad III Dracula.
Apr 25, 2015 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
Anime of der year
Apr 25, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
Vampire Queen's VA is Kono Yuuki OMG !!!!!!

Mikaela OMG

Yu getting into fights XD
Apr 25, 2015 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly i thought this was the best episode so far
Apr 25, 2015 4:32 PM
Nov 2013
LunyRed said:
Krul Tepes is voiced by Aoi Yuuki? Hhhnnnnngggg--- <3

Queen voices Queen <3

Don't get why everyone is complaining about the slow pace. At this rate, we are getting a great adaption. I'd think more people would be grateful.
Apr 25, 2015 5:00 PM

Aug 2014
Ok ep.
I really like how the show isn't really trying to rush anything. It's going in a slow pace which is good. Yu character needs to improve a bit though.

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 25, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2012
I really don't understand this site. I think this is a discussion and not a criticism or insulting site for the episode and yet all I see is that. Ah, I love this episode. Much better than the previous (of course since Mika has appeared). And can anyone just be patient. What's so wrong with the school thing. Anything need some progress and this show is doing a good job of it. You lot will complain for a series for being too fast and also complain if it is too slow. Oh God, you just doesn't have any good satisfaction, aren't you. That's why anime industry is declining and producers keeps having their courage down, since all you do is INSULT, INSULT, INSULT.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will

Nov 2011
So the loli in the OP was the vampire queen and the vampires are trying to bring stability to the world while humans are the ones trying to destroy? we need way more details.

MC's relationship with the megane character was far too generic, he even had a generic backstory, a sick sister. The kick he got in the class from Guren suggests to me there's at least some sort of fondness between the two, maybe a conversation somewhere might have spung up saying: 'Hey dude, my sister's dying from a plague that only the army can cure, and since you're in charge of the army do you mind having your guys look at her instead of me waiting till i join the army and risk her dying before then'.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Dec 2011
So Mika drank the blood of the vampire queen eh... ok... she's a freaking... LOLI!!! :3

LOL, an idiot and a wuss XD

Shinoa's the best and strikes again XD

Dat loli vampire queen declared war on the Japanese Imperial Demon Army :o
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 25, 2015 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Zeando said:
ugh, the background music, all the little changes.. (and hope it was just bad translation and not the real lines)
the vampire parts got adapted a bit better, but overall it was painful to watch knowing the original content :/

This. Yuu's "If your family dies you'll never see them again" was basically the sequel to "People die when they get killed", ugh.

KageNoAbisu said:
I'm glad they're trying to speed things up a bit by using the content of 1.5 chapters in one episode. Ferid's a really interesting character, but I feel like I'm in the minority there.
Is it just me or are there unnecessarily long pauses between people talking? It makes the scenes feel slow...

I agree with all of what you said, really. And yes, Ferid (even though I hate his voice) and Guren are the most interesting characters in the series, there's a lot more to them then they seem.
Apr 25, 2015 5:44 PM

Apr 2015
Zeta986 said:
Darklycan51 said:

I'm one of the first ones to hate on shingeki fanboys saying it's the best anime out there, but HOLY FUCK, this anime deserves way lower rating at max a 2/10

yeah right.

Attetion whore#1 strikes again. I hate swearing but dang it, fuck you. The door's over there, try not to hate yourself on the way out.
Apr 25, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2014
Well... okay. So far this is generic as all hell, but it's still interesting. I liked the mild bromance between Yui and Shihou. I'm not too sure about Krul, the loli queen, but at least she's an eye candy. It looks like Mikaela isn't evil, which is pretty much the only thing that wasn't really clear about him.

It kinda seems like it's moving too slow for only 13 episodes, we're on episode 4 and the training isn't even complete, but that's probably how the manga goes anyway.

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 25, 2015 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
Krul is so hot.

That smug of Shinoa was a good one.

Apr 25, 2015 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was pretty great. All though the MC guy totally contradicted himself in saying he wasn't going to befriend anyone. He immediately took sympathy on the pink-haired dude and gave him the sort of advice that only a friend would.
Apr 25, 2015 7:04 PM

Apr 2015
This was a good episode. The story seems to be progressing rather quickly, doesn't it?

I'm starting to get the feeling that the vampires aren't the true villains here.

It seems cruel that they seem to have a treatment for the virus, but will only give it to military people. I'm also starting to think that the Demon Army people aren't such nice guys.
Apr 25, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
They gonna force me to read the manga. Im loving this show so far
Apr 25, 2015 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, even without much action showed a lot about the lives of the characters, as well as what some seek, I like the personalities of Yuu and Kamizuki, and even Shinoa having a bad personality, also like her personality

Is possible to perceive the plot is more complex and has many mysteries yet to be shown and understood, I look forward to continue following the adaptation ..
Apr 25, 2015 8:20 PM

Dec 2013
Bask in the glory of Wit Studio's yaoi hands.
Apr 25, 2015 9:22 PM

Oct 2007
Is it just me or is it really hard to hear some of the characters dialogue over the BGM at times? Not that it's top caliber stuff and luckily there's subtitles involved but it's really strange to me when you have the primary audio track half drowning out the voice actors portion of it all with music that half the time feels inappropriate for the scene. This isn't the only Hiroyuki Sawano scored show to have this problem of late either.
Apr 25, 2015 9:22 PM

Mar 2013
DaisukiAishiteru said:
Tokoya said:
Best girl strikes again

how can one picture contain so much best girl

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is it just me or is it really hard to hear some of the characters dialogue over the BGM at times? Not that it's top caliber stuff and luckily there's subtitles involved but it's really strange to me when you have the primary audio track half drowning out the voice actors portion of it all with music that half the time feels inappropriate for the scene. This isn't the only Hiroyuki Sawano scored show to have this problem of late either.

There's hardly any background music to speak of so far. Can you be more specific?
Apr 25, 2015 9:26 PM

Apr 2015
stephen5000 said:
This was a good episode. The story seems to be progressing rather quickly, doesn't it?

I'm starting to get the feeling that the vampires aren't the true villains here.

It seems cruel that they seem to have a treatment for the virus, but will only give it to military people. I'm also starting to think that the Demon Army people aren't such nice guys.

+1
Ding ding ding ding, looks like someone knows what's going on.
Apr 25, 2015 9:35 PM

Sep 2014
Vampire Queen is voiced by Madoka and Victorique, holy shit
Apr 25, 2015 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I didn't notice the bgm drowning out the voices, but this is the third episode where I've felt like several scenes in the first half of the episode had a very badly placed OST. This time it was the flashback, when Krul is confronting Ferid and saving Mika. Last episode it was during the Shinoa fight, the intensity of the music was distracting from the dialogue almost like trying to read a book accompanied by some death metal. Granted those scenes have action in them, but the music never rises and falls with the scene. It's like they realized too late they hadn't gotten a corresponding piece from Sawano for certain scenes so they just had to throw in whatever existing piece they thought fit best.

Really hope that's not a sign of Wit having a few Tarou's on their production team. That and those several scenes that just transition badly or feel weird could point to issues in the planning between the staff and inexperienced director. Thankfully, those scenes have been less persistent, so hopefully the music will feel more natural from here on. Thank god for split cour though, most of these issues should disappear.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

402 by Lena321 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.