Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 11:15 PM

Aug 2013
Simply brilliant.

Apr 11, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
I can feel the sadness of episode 13 already.
Apr 12, 2015 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
Oh boy I'm sensing that this show might have a sad tragic ending. I hope that is not the case
Apr 12, 2015 1:27 AM

Jul 2009
ninja88880 said:
ChromiumSX said:
Oh boy I'm sensing that this show might have a sad tragic ending. I hope that is not the case
You guys really don't look at the bright side, do you?
I understand where you're coming from, but I expect her to die before episode 13. "The First Partner" is what the 1st episode's title was.

I hope they don't replace her after episode 8 though. It's really obnoxious hearing a main character whining for 5 episodes that his partner died only to get over it in the last 5minutes of the final episode...
Apr 12, 2015 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
Called the whole Isla expiring thing last episode, that was a faster reveal than I thought though. Now to see how this all goes
Apr 12, 2015 1:48 AM

Mar 2009
Unfortunately, nowhere near as good as the first episode. Needs more crying.
Apr 12, 2015 2:10 AM

Jul 2009
Mormegil said:
Unfortunately, nowhere near as good as the first episode. Needs more crying.
Go marathon Clannad!
Apr 12, 2015 2:22 AM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:
This show reminds me of Shigatsu,tries so hard to have feels but don't feel a thing watching.

Shigatsu has tons od forced drama (actually it is first time ever when I said something like that about whichever series), stupid jokes and after 16~17 EP I just waited till obvious person die.
Plastic Memories is a way different and after 2 episodes I can clearly tell that it is MUCH better. And if it will be that good like first episodes (and it seems to br even better), I will give 10.

BTW, great episode.
rsc-plApr 12, 2015 4:16 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 12, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode, glad it's not a retrieval of the week kind of show.
Apr 12, 2015 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
Predictable and inane over the entire run.
I can't even be bothered to explain why I think this is boring and cheap...

rsc-pl said:
VanishingKira said:
This show reminds me of Shigatsu,tries so hard to have feels but don't feel a thing watching.

Shigatsu has tons od forced drama (actually it is first show which I said that), stupid jokes and after 16~17 EP I just waited till obvious person die.

This is the same fucking shit.
You can also add some Key melodrama to it and the quote wouldn't lose its meaning either. Just face it: 90% of melodrama anime are cheap and artificial, I really question the emotional maturity of people who actually think these shows have some sort of deep message behind them.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 12, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

rsc-pl said:

Shigatsu has tons od forced drama (actually it is first show which I said that), stupid jokes and after 16~17 EP I just waited till obvious person die.

You can also add some Key melodrama to it and the quote wouldn't lose its meaning either. Just face it: 90% of melodrama anime are cheap and artificial, I really question the emotional maturity of people who actually think these shows have some sort of deep message behind them.

LOL, but hey, from everyone's "cries" in the first episode, it seems to be working well.
Apr 12, 2015 3:28 AM

Mar 2012
Man, I love this series so much. Really glad I decided for whatever reason to start this series randomly.

But nooooo, I was right about my suspicions from the first episode about Isla approaching the end of her life span. 2,000 hours left, which is approximately 83 days! D:
Apr 12, 2015 3:37 AM

Jan 2011
IdntHavWings said:
Smudy said:
83 days and 8 hours until Isla's retrieval. You know where this is going :/

That's the first thing I figured out.

The real question is where this will be in the story - in the middle or at the end.
Apr 12, 2015 3:55 AM

Apr 2015
These androids are behaving, and bleeding like humans by every episode. Next they will have menstruation.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to fall for that red haired MILF.....
RPSB9Apr 12, 2015 3:59 AM
#CHEXIT
Apr 12, 2015 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
RIP Isla in 3 months
Apr 12, 2015 5:36 AM

Nov 2007
Suitedup said:
RIP Isla in 3 months

That's about enough time to wrap this up for a one cour show including figure out a way or two to increase the RAM. Technology's always advancing now a days. I still remember using a 5¼ inch floppy in school. Some of you guys probably haven't even seen it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 12, 2015 5:37 AM

Dec 2008
Boring episode :/, first was better.
Apr 12, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2014
Isla will get terminated in 2000 hours.. (╯TT□TT)╯︵ ┻━┻
And now we shall seek for a way to extend life time!
Apr 12, 2015 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
Just slightly better than the first ep, i'll only be picking up the show because there are just signs that the world building could be great.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 12, 2015 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode again.
So Isla's lifespan is that short already, huh...
This anime is really interesting so far. I'm really enjoying it.

Apr 12, 2015 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
kyled00m said:
ninja88880 said:
ChromiumSX said:
You guys really don't look at the bright side, do you?
I understand where you're coming from, but I expect her to die before episode 13. "The First Partner" is what the 1st episode's title was.

I hope they don't replace her after episode 8 though. It's really obnoxious hearing a main character whining for 5 episodes that his partner died only to get over it in the last 5minutes of the final episode...

Maybe they will be reset her, then that diary could come into play.
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.
Apr 12, 2015 7:03 AM
Jan 2013
As expected from Hayashi, scenario is truly building. That last scene pretty much confirms that what he said; "lol this is going to be heart-warming romcom!"; is bloody lie.

Just remembered, Halo also had AI with 7 yr expiration. I guess the setting was not as unrealistic as it seems.
KitchiriApr 12, 2015 7:07 AM
Apr 12, 2015 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
I liked this episode. Though I honestly knew it wouldn't be emotional or anything. And yeah, Isla's limited lifespan was obvious right from the first episode. Let's see how this Anime plays with my emotions.
Apr 12, 2015 7:24 AM

Aug 2008
After Death Parade spoonfeeding every single obvious bit of plot feels more like getting crap rubbed in your face. Big fucking reveal, first episode made Isla's state as obvious as it was possible without whipping out a huge neon.

They have a theme of playing God and creating artificial souls and erasing memories and what they do with it? Lowbrow jokes about malfunctioning whatever Isla is, dumb main character and obvious upcoming drama. Oh yes, and plot holes because why bother creating coherent fictional world.

Do either bad comedy or bad drama, not both at the same time...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 12, 2015 7:37 AM

Jul 2012
That last sentence was very predictable. The episode was okay but it isn't very emotional so far. We will see if this Anime will get better.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 12, 2015 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
We got many things explained, but it was a boring episode. Too bad.
I like anime.
Apr 12, 2015 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
I actually find the comedy quite endearing, makes me care about Isla and such, and I don't hate the other characters regardless of their cliches, I find them mostly believable.

I think the only comedy joke that I found unbearable was the potty joke, but almost everything else felt mostleh spot on.

The "plot holes" are not plot holes to me until I give the story a chance to explain them, so I'll wait on that.

The drama wasn't bad, in fact I enjoyed it and it makes me think of my own limits and what I would do in that type of situation;
But I admit that it wasn't as impactful as I initially hoped when I first saw the series. My own fault for over raising my expectations since it reminded me of halo's rampancy I guess. l0l
Apr 12, 2015 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
So much adorable Isla this episode. I loved the softness of the OP, it fits the series well so far.

It looks like we're getting some good progression!
Apr 12, 2015 10:06 AM
Apr 2015
Of course we know what is going to happen to Isla at the very beginning. Hope the protagonist can find a way to overcome the inevitable ending like Steins;Gate.
Apr 12, 2015 10:34 AM
Sep 2014
I'm not impressed so far. It's been predictable and boring, specially with that bland MC. He looks like Tatsumi from Akame ga kill, hell, I could say the are the same person except for the fact that Tsukasa doesn't kill anyone. Anyway, for an original project it is very unoriginal and repetitive. I'm gonna go ahead and drop this right now since I think there are better shows that deserve more attention.

Apr 12, 2015 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
2,000 hours??? :(

Well, I guess that's one more reason to start rooting for team Michiru!
Apr 12, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
Since not a whole lot happened in the OP, I would like to comment on how well it uses the pan effect to make it more appealing.
In the beginning, when the camera pans out to reveal more of the city, it adds a very surreal feeling to it.
When Tsukasa is looking out the window, the camera pans to the left, but then it switches perspectives to outside the window, and the camera starts panning in the opposite direction, like a "switch in perspective."

Then it shows off scenes with Tsukasa and then Isla, both which contain 3 scenes. The set of scenes with Tsukasa pan one way, while the set with Isla pans the other way.
It then showcases the other characters, all the scenes panning to the left, and then transitions to Isla twirling... to the left.
Every other scene that has the pan effect after that besides Michiru's pans to the left, like Isla somehow "set everything in motion."
Maybe Michiru is an exception.
Absolutely amazing.
Apr 12, 2015 11:34 AM
Nov 2013
Pretty slow episode, but we all knew what was going to happen to Isla.

I for one, am enjoying this a lot more than Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I think it's because this show is not full of middle school melodrama.
Apr 12, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2012
Only 2000 hours :/
Really good episode, with a nice development of the relation between Isla and Tsukasa.
Apr 12, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
Nidhoeggr said:

rsc-pl said:

Buddy, stfu and don't watch it. Simple as that. Like no one is bothering to give a fuck about your shit talking, lol. If you think they fucked up the show with their "90%" of melodrama and cheap/artificial meaning, please. Go make a show that is ranked #552. This man speaks cheap but can't even act nor back up himself up. Fucking waste, honestly. Create your own studio if you even can. First step is to get off your chair and away from your screen and move your legs.
llewerafApr 12, 2015 12:41 PM
Apr 12, 2015 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
They were definitely trying to make the OP as dressing as possible.

@Awry: You could respond to criticism of the show with your own opinion on it, and discuss why you think that person is wrong, instead of just attacking them for saying something negative.
Apr 12, 2015 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
I like how the episode kept on harping on team chemistry yet didn't involve chemistry in the resolution of the problem. Like, the old man was running away because it was a misunderstanding so all they needed to do what explain who they were.

I lie. That was stupid. Money was spent on this episode and that's a shame.
Apr 12, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
How to make a guaranteed popular late night anime

Prolonged season long dying cute girl->Popular Character Designer/Writer->Crying Anime->"Feels"->Praise -> Instant Classic/Masterpiece

Ho hum. ....we can do it all next season with Charlotte too. The formula practically writes itself same as any other.

You've got to admit though, so far this show is at the very least doing it better than the melodramatic piano debacle that recently ended.
Apr 12, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, less dramatic than the first, but deepened a little more about the characters and their relationships, especially Isla and Tsukasa, each has its problems of the past, but as a double can get over it

I think really nice opening, quite engaging, are also great scenes of humor, especially Isla, but all the girls had good scenes in this episode

I hope the drama becomes deeper, but also do not miss the humor, I am very anxious to see the development of the anime ..
Apr 12, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
rsc-pl said:

You can't have something be all happy and cheery and then suddenly have someone die. You also can't dismiss something just because it's predictable. For an anime like this, it will all depend on how the moments are built up and not "oh my goodness, what's going to happen?!" Just because there wasn't a Nana moment in this episode to follow the first one means a lot in that they likely aren't going to force this whole Isla dying thing down our throats.
Of course, we're only two episodes in, and although the situation is again, predictable, we've yet to see how it will be handled.
Apr 12, 2015 2:03 PM

May 2009
I think a lot of things in this anime are.. cliche.
The characters are the most cliche of them all. That's quite dissapointing.
Knowing that Isla is, at some point, going to "die" was pretty much not a shock considering that we already knew in episode 1 that she's an android.
I'm hoping this anime will get more interesting than it looks.
I don't have any feels for this anime yet, but that might chance since it's only episode 2. I'm hoping there will be some "I did not expect that" kind of effect when they (might) show what happens to "androids gone mad". We'll see.

I'm not sure why people are comparing this anime to Shigatsu. Maybe I've missed something. This post should be about Plastic Memories, not other shows that clearly do not match.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 12, 2015 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
I'm going to go out on a whim here and think that this will be a happy ending.

Tsukasa's going to complain to the boss who will tell us that the whole lifespan thing is one giant ruse. The evils of the SA. Corp will be exposed for trying to prevent a "Matrix like" scenario and Isla and all the other androids will be returned to their families with their memories in tact.

In the epilogue Isla and Tsukasa are married with 3 children.

The End a-la Clannad
ScherezadeApr 12, 2015 2:28 PM
Apr 12, 2015 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
GarLogan78 said:
They were definitely trying to make the OP as dressing as possible.

@Awry: You could respond to criticism of the show with your own opinion on it, and discuss why you think that person is wrong, instead of just attacking them for saying something negative.

That was no where near my opinion on how idiotic critics behave.
It was me simply stating the truth of what someone can't do nor achieve. Or you can say, "generalizing the fact".
Apr 12, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2011
Tripping Isla was really cute :3

Poor Tsukasa... it's always his fault eh... but he at least managed to get his face squashed by boobies XD

It's nice that both Tsukasa and Isla want to get better at doing their respective jobs.

Damn... poor Isla... I think it's due to her "death" approaching or something... ah, it was even confirmed at the end that she still has only 2.000 hours left... nice episode nonetheless T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 12, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2014
I liked the first episode, but this one was kinda boring. Hope the next one restores my interest in this anime.
Apr 12, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Really loved the OP!

Isla is so adorable! <3 It breaks my heart to know that she will die in 3 months and, yet, she keeps pushing herself to be better at work.... ;__;
Apr 12, 2015 3:53 PM

May 2013
Isla bleed a red liquid from her nose when she landed on her face and gasped for air at the pool, I am starting to think there is a human brain inside her metal shell.

This makes sense for two reasons:

1) How come only one company has been able to manufacture giftia class androids after ten years, the equivalent would be apple being the only company able to manufacture smartphones.

2) How come the company goes to the trouble of retrieving the body? It is common for IT companies to come and service your equipment (upgrading, reformatting, repairing) but the only reason to take your old equpment is to give you a new one immediately (which hasn't been the case so far).

But if there are human brain cells (that need oxygen, food and excrete pee) that would explain it and maybe even the giftias themselves are not aware, maybe they say the giftia brain is like an old hard disk which is wrecked the moment it is open and exposed to air.
Apr 12, 2015 5:06 PM

Aug 2014
Some of you guys are on some weird shit with your ideas and are not paying attention. While others think this is too predictable when that's exactly how it was written.

What even...

Another good episode.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 12, 2015 5:17 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, of course we knew from the get-go that this was how things are going to turn out. Man, after Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso I thought I didn't want to jump into another sad series but it's going there.
Apr 12, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know if it's because this is a new running anime, but I'm struggling to remember any other characters' names besides Isla ahaaaa~

Probably because she's the only character I actually care about. For now.

Good episode. Not as good as the first one, but that's to be expected. It's good to know more about Isla's physical condition... and her eventual expiration date

inb4 Deus Ex Machina to save the day
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

533 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.