Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 11:11 AM
Mar 2014
Also, hey-- even though I'm not a fan, I respect how dedicated this fanbase is. It's a really nice passion that I rarely see matched. Please keep it up.
Apr 4, 2015 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Can you link me that quote? I remember he said that he's talentless and broken, but i don't remember him saying the "Shirou never maturing" part.

9) Miura sees this anime as Shirou's coming-of-age story. Also, from Nasu, Miura got the impression that Shirou is such an unwavering character that you think he never grows or matures.
^implying he has to mature or grow up.

And not is this feature in your personality that do he become in You-know-who?
And for leave this way, he have that grow. Not is this?
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Apr 4, 2015 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
That was very good!
Pacing was bit fast, but had a lot of great stuff :DD

Plus we saw sieba! glorious sieba!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
survivor_hero said:

We need more discord.
Apr 4, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:

Then I apologize but looking for resource to attack me is low.

Fine I apologize, eroge is just usually used as an derogatory term (though yes, it is true) and your post gave off a kind of sarcastic tone which implied that use, which felt slightly hypocritical. Since that was not your intent or meaning i'm sorry, then.
Apr 4, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Damn~ Saber was pretty erotic (even though it was against her will)...
Apr 4, 2015 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
Time to clean up all the spilled salt. This was a good ep, glad to be back into the groove. Now that I see how Miura's going to do this, I think we're in good hands.

I'm liking the way he's handling Shirou's projections fading. Can't wait to see some more reactions.

I'll be making a thread on all live reactions for this season in a bit, and update the link here.
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Apr 4, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
Mickdrew said:
That was very good!

Was missing you here, my friend.
Apr 4, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

9) Miura sees this anime as Shirou's coming-of-age story. Also, from Nasu, Miura got the impression that Shirou is such an unwavering character that you think he never grows or matures.

It's self explanatory, he didn't say he can't mature, he said he's so stubborn and is clinging to his ideals that YOU THINK he can never change them.
I fully agree with that point.

And Shirou DOES have to mature and grow up.
Apr 4, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2013
I come back because I hear this made it to 330+ posts, wow.

Forgetfulness said:
Lol are people seriously complaining about Shirou rolling after he falls?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. This fanbase. seriously
This fanbase? @_@
Pretty sure it's just Fai..

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Except Miura clearly states that SHirou is talentless broken idiot who seems like he would never mature.

And him stumbling around and fucking up sounds more like being a dense idiot than "maturing".

And that is not the Shirou I like and certainly not Shirou/Rin I hold as my top favorite pairing.

Source?

Jan 2015
Lancer vs Caster on the freeway needs to be a thing. I don't care how ufotable crams it in, it needs to happen.

Solid Premiere if a bit rushed (a curious decision considering they're gonna have to streach stuff out or add in a lot of content to fill in an entire cour).

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

It's self explanatory, he didn't say he can't mature, he said he's so stubborn and is clinging to his ideals that YOU THINK he can never change them.
I fully agree with that point.

And Shirou DOES have to mature and grow up.

He is already more mature than his daddy.
And no he does not have to "mature". He is not childish. He just does not have a path.
Apr 4, 2015 11:21 AM

Oct 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
survivor_hero said:

Yeah. Guys, stop this. It's ridiculous continues with this. When do we become in lords this forum? Even a troll can to post here, how many time he want.

calling me a troll now, you sure have no credibility. Even after I apologize.

Pay attention. I'm not calling you a troll. This was an example. My phrase " And he already spoke what he think" was about it. You and same any troll or viewer or fanboy or hater or me can to post here.
Apr 4, 2015 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Except Miura clearly states that SHirou is talentless broken idiot who seems like he would never mature.

Source?
Apr 4, 2015 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
Grey-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

Source?

http://i.imgur.com/9xDLugU.jpg

Shirou does not possess any worthwile talent and acts like an idiot because he is broken.
But its okay!
Miura will show that he is an idiot because he is broken!
Apr 4, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Just curious but why do you change my username to Portuegese (I think?) whenever you quote me? I'm pretty sure this is like the second time I've noticed lol

He communicates using google translate or other translation software.

Oct 2013
Cinza-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

Source?

It's a translation about Miura's thoughts by Fai. Shouldn't care much with this.

Feb 2014
Dammit Archer... I never really liked you but now I hate you.
Apr 4, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

Source?

Shirou does not possess any worthwile talent and acts like an idiot because he is broken.

Fai,have you read the last half of the post?lol..He clearly specifies what he intends to do...You are now just grasping at straws....
Apr 4, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
survivor_hero said:
Cinza-Zone said:

Source?

It's a translation about Miura's thoughts by Fai. Shouldn't care much with this.

It's from an interview.
Apr 4, 2015 11:28 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

Source?

But its okay!

ASTRO, SPOILER TAGS, NOW

Incorrect, all that says is "he thought he is just an idiot wanting to become a hero at first" (my personal guess is that "at first" means after DEENime), but then he played the VN and realized that that is not the case. Note how he even says "after playing the game" and NOT "after re-playing the game".
Apr 4, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2007
chat77 said:
CookingPriest said:

Fai,have you read the last half of the post?lol..He clearly specifies what he intends to do...You are now just grasping at straws....

Covered that in the post. Reread.

Grey-Zone said:
CookingPriest said:

But its okay!

Incorrect, all that says is "he thought he is just an idiot wanting to become a hero at first" (my personal guess is that "at first" means after DEENime), but then he played the VN and realized that that is not the case. Note how he even says "after playing the game" and NOT "after re-playing the game".

"I thought he is just an idiot at firs tbut then I understood he is an idiot because of psychological things"
Apr 4, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2013
Insertanamehere said:
survivor_hero said:

It's from an interview.

Yeah. And one summary of Miura's thoughts that was said by Nasu in an interview by Fai. Not at all biased.
The Komori

Mar 2013
Great follow up from the S1 finale imo

The visuals and music did not depelte one bit and the character designs and animation were crisp as usual. The OP and ED are both amazing in every aspect imo

Loved the foreshadowing that Rin's dream had....That entire monologue and animation was amazing....The showdown with Caster in the church was done pretty well and the short fight was pretty cool (Dat Trace On tho)

Was kinda shocked to see that Archer turned on Rin but I have a good feeling that this is all apart of some plan that he and Rin came up with, if it's not then this is going to be even more interesting to see play out lol

The final scene was beautiful...The RinxShirou OTP is taking off :) Their talk that they had was sweet, and Oh?!?!? Did best girl finally figure out who Archer is with this amulet reveal =P

Overall great episode

Mar 2013
Great first episode.. aaand now I want more. :S ~20 minutes are over so quickly.

Oh and the OP is awesome.

MagicalMeido said:
I'll be making a thread on all live reactions for this season in a bit, and update the link here.

Thanks.

Apr 2011
Very fast episode but not I still enjoyed it for the most part.

I also love the OP Aimer is awesome.
Apr 4, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Besides some rapid scene changes (which hopefully would be corrected in BD) and height inconsistencies everything seemed fine - that leaked info painted it worse than it was.

BTW, hello everyone ^_^
Apr 4, 2015 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
"I thought he is just an idiot at firs tbut then I understood he is an idiot because of psychological things"

"Idiot wanting to become a hero" -> wrong
"person with a warped heart" -> right

It's your own interpretation that "idiot" is included in the "right" part, but there is literally no proof aside from you wanting it to be true, just so you can sh*t on Miura again...

VsegdaZdec7 said:
BTW, hello everyone ^_^

Hello!
Apr 4, 2015 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
Finally it's back. I missed this series even though it was only a few months of waiting. I liked the new OP although the ED was kinda meh but seeing a bit of Archer's past makes up for it. Rin crying and Shirou confessing was pretty much the highlight of the show.

Some of the fate fans' reactions here are amusing. Even a simple fall and they're screaming how it portrayed Shirou as an idiotic protag.
Apr 4, 2015 11:33 AM

Feb 2010
So where are all the people that gave me shit for saying that Souichirou was contradicting himself last season when he said that he didn't care about what caster does and that she could do whatever she wants?

Anyway, it wasn't a bad episode, not as bad as I expected at least.
Apr 4, 2015 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
His never matures quote and how shirou is handled in adaptation confirms it.

It just confirmes that you deliberatly misread what he said not just once, but TWICE (with the 2nd time just being Nasu paraphrasing him)

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

He didn't say he never matures. Your interpretation of the quote is really wrong.
Apr 2014
I agree that one or two transitions felt a little abrupt, but it's nothing too major. Absolutely incredible episode nonetheless.
Apr 4, 2015 11:36 AM
Feb 2015
Looks like season 2 picks up right after season one. Man poor saber trying to still resist but ARCHER WHY!!!... Hopefully you have a good reason...
Well the confession at the end was not expected xD And I wonder why she got a reaction when he said that he had a necklace too...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

"Idiot wanting to become a hero" -> wrong
"person with a warped heart" -> right

It's your own interpretation that "idiot" is included in the "right" part, but there is literally no proof aside from you wanting it to be true, just so you can sh*t on Miura again...

Hello!

Oh, you...I to have liked Shirou already in S1 seem an error as viewer...I see things that not exist there...
Dec 2012
Wonder if archer has anything planned
Apr 4, 2015 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
That was very good!

Yeah, it felt a bit rushed. The beginning is all cool, but suddenly everyone is at the church as if it'd been a pre-arranged meeting. In spite of that though, there were some pretty cool moments.
Apr 4, 2015 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
Vanisher said:
So where are all the people that gave me shit for saying that Souichirou was contradicting himself last season when he said that he didn't care about what caster does and that she could do whatever she wants?

Anyway, it wasn't a bad episode, not as bad as I expected at least.

He said that in respect to killing Shirou and Rin. It wasn't a blanket statement that says she can do whatever she wants in every situation.
Apr 4, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
llcruz said:
Dammit Archer... I never really liked you but now I hate you.
Rejoice, Fai!
Someone else who hates Archer!

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

It implies he has to mature.

And he HAS to mature, i agree. In no way it says he never does.

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

^This
If not for the shitty characterization up until now it woul dbe meh okay, but now it looks like idiot ginger shonen protag fell on his face.

The problems with first cour rear their ugly heads.

I'm.....just not seeing it. People trip and fall, Jesus, it doesn't make him a failure. You'd think the way you're making it an issue, he just fell on the ground and failed to get back up and needed to be saved. He gets back up. He saves Rin. The fall is pretty much unnoticeable.
Apr 4, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Caliburn220 said:
Problem is the fall being there in the first place, but feel free to quote where someone said the physics behind the fall are unrealistic.

Let me ask the question that someohow never was asked, so let me do it:

"Why is it bad, aside from it simply not being in the VN?"

They don't like their protags to trip up before badass animu faito desu. *shrugs*
Apr 4, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2012
OP song,hate when a song has all the buildup and fails to reach it's high point (not sure how to explain,this basically the point after the buildup which is the best part of a song).

Saber's ass just sticking out of that dress looking like she's about to get raped ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not really expecting much from this cour tbch but just hoping it'll be better than the barely above average 1st cour and atleast be good.
Apr 4, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2014
Implying Fai didn't trip in his own life EVER.

Or is he a failure like all of us for tripping a few times?
Apr 4, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
My boy Shirou telling Rin that he has feelings for her :)
Everything is as it should be now.
Apr 4, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
CookingPriest said:

^This
If not for the shitty characterization up until now it woul dbe meh okay, but now it looks like idiot ginger shonen protag fell on his face.

The problems with first cour rear their ugly heads.

I'm.....just not seeing it. People trip and fall, Jesus, it doesn't make him a failure. You'd think the way you're making it an issue, he just fell on the ground and failed to get back up and needed to be saved. He gets back up. He saves Rin. The fall is pretty much unnoticeable.

PERCEPTION PROBLEM.

WHen A "badass" and "unique" character trips it is regarded seriously.
When a "generic dense idiot" trips it is regarded as exactly that.

same problem as with taiganapping perception.
If characterization was onpoint till then, even if taiganapping was like that it would be "aww he made a human error" and not "LOLBITCH GOT SABER STOLEN"

Nov 2013
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

It implies he has to mature.

And he HAS to mature, i agree. In no way it says he never does.
I swear Fai is the one who said
Which obviously means that Shirou matures throughout the story, not before.

Oct 2014
Look at all the anime-only people! Is there even one among them who complains about Shirou tripping a bit? LOL, no, all they look at is the "not-shounen"-like confession at the end of the EP!
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That restrained Saber scene was a bit lewd, but I do approve though. She looked extra sensual with that white dress on. :9
Apparently, Caster killed Kirei, but honestly won't be surprised if he makes a comeback soon. He's too fabulous to die.

Archer's betrayal was kinda unexpected, but I still can't hate the guy. He must have a good reason behind betraying Rin. "Siding with the most powerful" is probably a pretext.

Shirou X Rin scene was cute, especially the confession part and her blushing in response with tsundereness. About time they got together officially. :3

Great start! The OP and ED sequences are amazing, but the songs are pretty meh. Oh well..

Pages (32) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by yashoshi69 »»
Feb 7, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.