Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, another fun episode although this one had some competition with the leg race. Yeah, I think the energy of the episode was good but its pacing suffers a bit.

Catchy background song though.
Stark700Apr 3, 2015 8:49 AM
Apr 3, 2015 12:57 PM
Nov 2011
Without a single doubt, reminded me a lot to the 765 Pro movie.

Minami was so clever with breaking the mold with the idols' training, the Producer definitely did a great choice by putting her as the leader, I'm not sure if Takeuchi P would have done the same if he wasn't absent, though probably yes since he did the ball-playing at the photo session to make idols be themselves.

And yay! The 765 Pro idols' autoraphs it the end, last evidence to prove this was the same training camp the movie ocurred.
Apr 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
This reminded a little of when everybody called out to Haruka from the screen.

Seeing so much disagreement this episode and with the group coming together as one. I do look forward to the idol fest concert.

But yeah, Minami did a good job bringing everyone in through fun and games.
Apr 3, 2015 5:38 PM

Dec 2014
While the first season focused on the personal struggle of each individual of being an idol, this season's obviously trying to sell you the characters by grouping and showing how they function as a "team", which is more entertaining because you have more variety and if needed you can just shift focus not having to deal with overarching plot or some drama stuff like that, but that's still at the cost of characterization being nothing more than one or couple more traits for most of them. Simply put, it's fake as hell. But I guess it's done it's job, as long as it stays away from "drama". If the first season is a documentary then Cinderella is just an advertisement, and I don't think it is what the iDOLM@STER fans in A-1 Pictures wanted.
Apr 3, 2015 7:48 PM

May 2011
Miagi training episode, though, the overall group dynamic of this show is too weak for me to care for the CG's as a whole over units. Like no where near the investment of the first season and wake up girls for me
RockerXDApr 3, 2015 8:00 PM
Apr 3, 2015 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
We got some trainings in this episode.
Apr 3, 2015 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
training camp episode.. it was pretty nice to see the girls compete against each other~ minami was a good choice for a leader.
Apr 4, 2015 3:24 AM

Apr 2012
Quite fun episode.

After all girls had their own units and CD debuts,it's about time for all of them to be brought together as one as Cinderella girls project.

gotta agree Nitta as leader here,she is the most suitable after all.

that 765 Pro idols autographs though

next week is the last episode of the first season eh? get ready for the Idol fest
Apr 4, 2015 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
Well you know what they say, "Camping is a legitimate strategy." ( •_•)

Still, we hate dem campers. Unless we're the one doing it.
Apr 4, 2015 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
Another episode of the girls having fun. Too many girls to focus at one time.. =.=
They didn't seem to do much training though.

Looks a their stage outfit design at the end-- Oh, don't tell me their group concert next episode A-1 going to re-use the opening sequence! NOOOO!!
Apr 4, 2015 10:41 PM
Oct 2010
It's not 'nyu'.

Ich' nii!
Apr 5, 2015 2:19 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Kirari looks incredibly adorable with a ponytail too. :3

I'm all for Minami being leader. She didn't disappoint.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Apr 5, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2008
Fun boot camp :D The second unit created (Love Laika) is the best one in my opinion, Minami is awesome and having that bit of maturity in a large does help :D
Apr 5, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
Heh, this is the same exact training camp site as the one in THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE. Signboard of all 765 Production members is in the ED credits.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Apr 6, 2015 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
That was fun to watch. Next episode is the big final :3
Apr 6, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2014
At first, I'm like Mio; why did Minami ask the others to have a race?- Does it have any meaning until the activities slowly 'improve' from team game to the whole group playing together so as to bond themselves. It definitely did help the group much! Look forward to see their training paid off in the idol fest.
This episode also focus on a few characters, esp. Ranko who is a solo singer in the group so obviously she finds herself unable to cooperate with the others b'cos it is new to her plus the fact she's shy in nature. This can be seen the three legged race. Although Minami is athletic and cooperate well with Anastasia, the team would face trouble, seeing as Ranko is new to teamwork but in the end, it helps bond the group more from the cheering they did together for the Minami-Ranko-Anastasia team! Also great sportsmanship from the team from not giving up!
Love the ending song called Nation Blue.- Quite a hype and upbeat song!(expected from the cool side?) One more episode to go before the end of season 1. Can't wait for it!
Some additional pointers: this episode too focus on Minami as well and I can't help feel that Minami's explanation to the group of her initial thoughts of idols is quite similar to that of Rin. Like her, Rin did not know what to expect in being an idol and got into the world idols b'cos of how the Producer and Uzuki persuaded her to(and not really by a real interest of her but rather... Raw curious?) At the end, Rin's like having a doubtful face- not sure if this is any foreshadow for season 2...
P.S. Once again, I ramble too much(but there r stuff to comment(?) on).(>8<)
Apr 6, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pleasant and nice, maybe not the best as involvement but not bored even.
Drawings and animations insufficient, a shame for a TV series like that.
Plot that moves forward smoothly, there is now also the leader of the group. LOL!
Apr 6, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Episode 13 preview :

the preview didn't show much,only giving us vibe of the last episode,of first season that is.
looking forward to it.
Apr 6, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2013
You'll get it down eventually girls.

Miku and Riina seem to be getting along as usual.

While I understand the girls' worry and exasperation, it HAS only been one day. No path in life will be easy, and especially as an idol, schedules are expected to be cramped and things to be difficult. Kinda harsh, but that's life if ya wanna succeed.

Nice idea, Minami. Mio and Rin, lighten up!

I miss having relay games. Amazing how Minami could organize all of that on such a short notice.

Oh dear, I thought they were going to count up to 30 for a moment.

This episode is proof that Minami and Anastasia are the best girls.
Apr 10, 2015 9:28 AM
Jan 2010
The_Mad_Wizard said:

this little fakeneet has it backwards
May 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Feb 2013
Minami... this episode... perfect!

She realized they weren't supporting each other and the way she went about solving the problem really showed how caring and lovely she is.

Jun 30, 2015 9:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
These girls lacked the chemistry and heart while they were practicing. Nitta-san great girl she is. Despite not being an idol, she had a perfect plan to bring the girls together. Now they are united and seeing the same goals.

Oh Rin-chan, dropping the baton.
The activities seemed fun. Nitta-san oh boy, can't wait to see her as a Cinderella Girl.

Oct 4, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2010
For a moment, this started feeling like a sports anime with all the TEAMWORK going on. Under a different direction, such a training camp would have devolved into cute girls messing around the whole time, perhaps getting something done within the episode's last few minutes, but the whole episode felt purposeful. It was still silly, don't get me wrong, but I'll take what I can get. After all, I appreciate the sentiment in trying to take things seriously while still keeping everyone's spirits up.

That being said, I do find it odd that this is the first time the whole group has participated in something together. I still don't know the details behind the Cinderella Project, why it was made, the reasoning behind the specific groups' assembly, and where's it all leading. It would have been fine if they were all ragtag dream seekers that happened be in the same group. It's another story if they were assembled for a specific reason, and it feels like there's a purpose to it all, given how insistent and passionate the Producer seems. If so, then I'm unsure of why he enlisted people whom are so diverse.

Maybe it's meta appeal towards the broadest audience possible? Maybe it's trying to compensate for how Cinderella Girls' initial lack of a narrative? Or I dunno, perhaps it's still early, as such a thing does seem like big reveal material. For now though, it does feel like everyone - audience included - is being strung along by a really thin line of reasoning.

...I'm thinking far more than I should on this. At least, I suppose this shows how much I want Cinderella Girls to work out.
Dec 11, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
That was fun to watch. Minami as a leader seems legit.
Oct 10, 2016 3:50 AM

May 2010
Nope. An episode without president is no fun... but Nitta being there kinda makes up for the most part. Best girl.

Kirari is huge yet she couldn't even pass a single girl in that baton race. Okay.

Good episode.
Sep 28, 2017 7:16 AM

Jul 2015
Minami with the smart idea to connect the group, neat job.
Jun 27, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2018
That is definitely the same training camp as one that 765 Pro took in the movie. If only competing in sports could help the unity of dance moves in real life xD. Also this ED is the best so far.
ByniavoJun 27, 2020 2:10 PM
Aug 20, 2021 12:21 PM

Feb 2020
Nice training camp.

The girls were having so much fun together.

Minami is a great leader.

SerafosDec 21, 2023 5:15 AM
May 31, 2022 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
Minami was in some kind of sport, as I remember.. Lacrosse, or something like that.. So it makes sense why she proposed to do sports to everyone.. How she came up with the idea, I mean..
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Feb 2021
I like how Anzu's strategy for the water gun battle is camping.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

42 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.