Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 15, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2009
Ange is badass.
Mar 15, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
I feel like I should just add Ange to my favorite character list after this episode

All hail the harem princess
Mar 15, 2015 11:34 AM

Sep 2009
Ange is better harem lead than most of male harem leads -=)
Mar 15, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
10/10 ep. so much stuff development done and Ange being a true leader :'(

Stranger : you don't care about us?
Ange : f*ck no lol *headshot*

Angelize looks so good in violet XD

That kiss <3 that harem <3 that panty <3
Mar 15, 2015 11:50 AM

Mar 2008
That was a great episode. Everyone got in the action, little sister learned to walk, ex-commander going to likely wreck Salia next episode, dat kiss, dat good luck charm, etc.
Mar 15, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2010
Finally Ange and Hilda kiss Halle-freaking-lujah! That was the highlight of the whole episode to me I've been waiting for it since they bonded in the brig. xD

Hilda and Ange are easily the best female characters from this season and last I added them to my favorite female list.

I liked what I saw in the preview Chris and Rosalie making up! Salia needs to burn though and burn fast.

I hope Ange scared the bitch right out of Sylvia that was badass. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 15, 2015 12:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ange is taking Tusk's (supposed) job of building a harem! That Yuri kiss though.. :3

That pantsu will increase Tusk luck factor by 11. But Ange sure is bold enough to go commando and face off against rapist Embryo.

I like how Ange didn't hesitate even a moment to shoot the guy. Sylvia pissing herself was hilarious though! XD

Just average episode. Needed more Salamandinay screentime.

Mar 15, 2015 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
The war battle in this episode was good.

Sylvia can walk again.
Mar 15, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2014
I think the show hasn't redeemed itself from the downward spiral from ep 14 and onward. I'm not even going to comment on Ange's choice of memento.

Well, at least she kissed Hilda.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 15, 2015 1:02 PM
Jul 2014
Kiss and panties, brilliant! ;)

Great "to the final" episode. :)

ichii_1 said:

Stranger : you don't care about us?
Ange : f*ck no lol *headshot*

Très Rorschach! :D
Mar 15, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2007
JGChaves said:
jackaus said:
more fukuda laziness with recycled scene in the second half of the battle sequences... i wont point out what is that but it is a big OTZ... bad habits are hard to change, hopefully the BD patch up the obvious Mistakes like those Seed HD remakes ....

Can you guys please stop blaming Fukuda for everything? It's not like Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny are the only Sunrise anime to use stock footage.

When you compare this show to pretty much everything Sunrise has done in the past little while the difference is staggering. I usually associate Sunrise with some of the best animation quality and actual degrees of motion and movement for anime (they animate a lot of unnecessary movements between point a and point b of a cut in most stuff that if you're looking to cut corners would be among the first things to go normally) in general but this show is pretty much the worst looking thing they've done in the modern era. I don't think it's a coincidence that pretty much all the projects Fukuda has managed have ended up well below the studios standard and even he said something on twitter akin to embarrassing the studios by not living up to it's standards for animation quality.

From what I heard the sub-division that animated Cross Ange Nerima Studio might be closing down after it wraps up though to which I'd say good riddance as everything they've done for TV has looked atrocious compared to the the rest of the numbered divisions.

In any case whenever Sunrise shows get to tackle a princess character they tend to go turbo overdrive on the concept for better or worse.
Mar 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
JGChaves said:

Can you guys please stop blaming Fukuda for everything? It's not like Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny are the only Sunrise anime to use stock footage.

When you compare this show to pretty much everything Sunrise has done in the past little while the difference is staggering. I usually associate Sunrise with some of the best animation quality and actual degrees of motion and movement for anime (they animate a lot of unnecessary movements between point a and point b of a cut in most stuff that if you're looking to cut corners would be among the first things to go normally) in general but this show is pretty much the worst looking thing they've done in the modern era. I don't think it's a coincidence that pretty much all the projects Fukuda has managed have ended up well below the studios standard and even he said something on twitter akin to embarrassing the studios by not living up to it's standards for animation quality.

From what I heard the sub-division that animated Cross Ange Nerima Studio might be closing down after it wraps up though to which I'd say good riddance as everything they've done for TV has looked atrocious compared to the the rest of the numbered divisions.

In any case whenever Sunrise shows get to tackle a princess character they tend to go turbo overdrive on the concept for better or worse.

I was talking about stock footage, not about the animation quality. Although I do agree with what you said.
Mar 15, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
xSanox said:
so there really is no explanation for tusk and momoka. even a bullshit "the villkiss power revived them" explanation would have been better or a flashback that shows how they somewhow survived, but nope nothing.

good luck pantsu haha

good episode

How many times does it have to be said? Momoka survived cause frying pan and Tusk survived cause fire-proof (and apparently pressure-proof) cloak shielded him from the explosion.

Actually, if a mofo can survive getting his Gouf stabbed by a beam sword, dropping into the sea AND exploding, then I can't see how this is worse.

It makes perfect sense, like the rest of this show.

Also: finally that Ange x Hilda!
Mar 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
Badass Ange. This show turned out to be surprising entertaining.
Mar 15, 2015 2:09 PM

Oct 2013
LOL, that good luck charm Ange gave to Tusk. To think that for a moment, I expected something else. How could I! It was so... Cross Ange though :P

Also, seems that the yuri shippers weren't forgotten. Ange'd make a great harem lead!

But the highlight of the episode for me has definitely got to be Ange telling Sylvia off, as well as her headshotting the dude from the angry mob. I understand not killing her because after all, Ange was behaving in a similar fashion when she was still a princess but I would've seriously been pissed if she decided act as a kind onee-sama towards her now. I couldn't have asked for better tbh.

That's our Ange right there.
Mar 15, 2015 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
Ange X Hilda.
That's it, Ange's Alpha Level is over the sky; Kira Yamato, A Dragonborn Princess, A Maid, and Now The Twintail.

Curiously, Hilda shares the voice with Fate Testarossa, Ange with Nanoha...
so, I pretty much saw this comming sooner or later.

This show becoming a 10/10 for me if it continues so good until the end.
Mar 15, 2015 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
Zahylon said:
Curiously, Hilda shares the voice with Fate Testarossa, Ange with Nanoha...
so, I pretty much saw this comming sooner or later.

Actually, Hilda shares her voice with Nanoha, and Ange with Fate.
Mar 15, 2015 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
eeveelugia said:
No matter how this series is going to end, I am sure Ange had become one of the most memorable Anime character for me from this decade.

10th_man_down said:
I feel like I should just add Ange to my favorite character list after this episode

All hail the harem princess

Oh believe me, I've been thinking for a while now who to remove to make room for her and holding off on it 'till the show's over. The fact that I got more than one option makes it harder though :P
Mar 15, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
Thespacepope said:
xSanox said:
so there really is no explanation for tusk and momoka. even a bullshit "the villkiss power revived them" explanation would have been better or a flashback that shows how they somewhow survived, but nope nothing.

good luck pantsu haha

good episode

How many times does it have to be said? Momoka survived cause frying pan and Tusk survived cause fire-proof (and apparently pressure-proof) cloak shielded him from the explosion.

Actually, if a mofo can survive getting his Gouf stabbed by a beam sword, dropping into the sea AND exploding, then I can't see how this is worse.

a frying pan saved momoka from getting hit by a truck that then fell off the cliff with her and exploded

tusk is also wolverine with super healing since he has no bullet wounds from when he was shot or any cuts from when momoka was mind controlled

creating a shocking sacrifice of not just one of the characters that are close to ange but both and then going "lol nope" the very next episode with completely stupid explanations.. just no

xSanoxMar 15, 2015 3:05 PM
Mar 15, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
You forget that Mana can heal. Momoka healed him.
Mar 15, 2015 4:16 PM
Dec 2014
xSanox said:
Thespacepope said:

a frying pan saved momoka from getting hit by a truck that then fell off the cliff with her and exploded

tusk is also wolverine with super healing since he has no bullet wounds from when he was shot or any cuts from when momoka was mind controlled

creating a shocking sacrifice of not just one of the characters that are close to ange but both and then going "lol nope" the very next episode with completely stupid explanations.. just no

To believe that the "reason" Momoka and Tusk survived in pristine condition, you have to believe the following.

A frying pan that Momoka could not possibly be hiding without it showing stopped a bullet at close range.

The bottom of a frying pan when exposed by the bullet impact was dark red only for that one second.

Getting hit by a car, slamming through guard rails and concrete, falling off a cliff, and having the same car land and explode on you does not kill you.

Momoka somehow survived that without her shield of Mana (I rewatched the scene to make sure), which dissipated after she got hit by the car.

Getting shot in the shoulder and the heart (bulletproof vests just doesn't seem to work really well in this anime) does not kill you

Detonating a suicide vest does not kill you.

Tusk has a magic suit that mysteriously appeared and disappeared in the nanosecond a big ass explosion turned the area into a crater.

Or I can just believe that the writing sucks.
FloydBtMar 15, 2015 4:31 PM
Mar 15, 2015 4:54 PM
May 2008
My excuse for the tusk/momoka survival is that Ange also has the same materialization powers that Embryo has. The way the vilkss materialized there just isn't right even the way it teleports and recovers itself. So ange subconsciously revived momoka/tusk using her powers, and just doesn't realize it was her powers yet.

But due to the lack of quality animation I guess this isn't the case..Lots of other iffy tiny things too..

But it would be a good way to settle everything. That world is actual some sort of virtual world like the matrix or something similar to that or an alternate world and Embryo/Ange just have god like powers to do w/e they want.
Mar 15, 2015 5:05 PM

Mar 2009
Finally. Ange x Hilda. Now all the people who have been saying Ange isn't interested in Hilda can GTFO.
Mar 15, 2015 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
Ignore the people who say... "Because asspull this writing sucks"
This anime, has been asspulling since the beginning. The Vylkiss healed when it used to need a mechanic to fix it. It can teleport to where Ange is, and can warp across dimensions because Ange wills it. That thing should be called ASSPULL the machine and I wouldn't have it any other way. The plot of this show shines in the overall world and character dynamics, not physics and reality. The machines never reload, and don't need gas even though they don't run on mana.

Tusk catching up to Embryo and Ange in the first place makes no sense. Ange had flown miles and Tusk caught up on foot in a matter of seconds. Momoka, the maid with no combat experience who lived a sheltered life like Ange, actually escaped the Misurugi Empire and met up with Ange at Arzenal all by herself. Ange, with combat experience gets bit by a snake the moment she leaves and almost died so how did Momoka manage it?

What matters isn't that Tusk and Momoka came back with no explanation. What matters is that their absence had a profound impact on Ange. Fukuda had them "die" to show us a different side to Ange, but not make that permanent because she would've committed suicide if they didn't come back.

Eren Yager, Himura Kenshin, Naruto, Setsuna F Seiei have survived incidents that also make no sense but no one calls them asspulls because it ends in a result that they wanted.
Mar 15, 2015 5:17 PM
Jul 2009
i just lol how ange is a more bad ass character then 9/10 male leads in anime
ANGE FTW
Mar 15, 2015 5:26 PM
Jun 2014
Mormegil said:
Finally. Ange x Hilda. Now all the people who have been saying Ange isn't interested in Hilda can GTFO.

Dude, that's exactly why I didn't want this to happen, It was obvious this was gonna bring back some Yurifags. Ange didn't blush, didn't say she loved her, it was Fukuda throwing breadcrumbs at the shippers to stop complaining, a pity kiss. She went through a full 12-hour sex marathon with Tusk, declared her love, give her pantsu to him and there are still some tards thinking their ship hasn't sink yet. DEAL WITH IT.
Mar 15, 2015 5:39 PM

Nov 2014
Ange is building her own harem, hehehe

anyhow, some scenes were reused, that good luck charm, and that kiss o_0

last two episodes left
Mar 15, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
episode was hella good despite the animation but that was never the strongest part of this series in the first place lol

have no clue if that ange x hilda moment was simply fanservice for shippers or Ange pleasing her harem nonetheless haters gonna hate

just glad this episode brought back the Ange i love, got her little sis back on her feet :P
Mar 15, 2015 6:26 PM

May 2014
TitanAnteus said:
You forget that Mana can heal. Momoka healed him.

However, Embryo was already beginning his apocalypse, so mana stopped working. Remember that Momoka said on the island that she couldn't use mana anymore = she couldn't have healed him.

That also doesn't solve the question on how they made it back to the island without a vehicle.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 15, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
john100 said:
ANGE FTW

You have watched like NO ANIME at all, or you intentionally only watch anime with female protagonists.

Izayoi : http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5524-2136618578.png (stronger, more intelligent and hilarious)
Yuusha : http://static.zerochan.net/Yuusha.%28Maoyu.Maou.Yusha%29.full.1315765.jpg (better in every way)
Ryner Lute : http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/1-1925249843.jpg (better in every way)

I know you're trying to do this whole... female empowerment thing but you don't need to try and make a comparison. You're just going to get buried.
TitanAnteusMar 15, 2015 6:54 PM
Mar 15, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
anyone noticed when ange and crew deploy off the aurora for a single scene the ship in in the water, however the scene before and after its flying. (roughly 12:41 in)
Mar 15, 2015 6:58 PM
Jun 2014
Saya- said:
anyone noticed when ange and crew deploy off the aurora for a single scene the ship in in the water, however the scene before and after its flying. (roughly 12:41 in)

Yeah, pretty lame indeed. Not saying It surprises me by this point.
Mar 15, 2015 7:07 PM
Apr 2013
Based Ange alpha as fuck.
Mar 15, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty annoyed that they don't feel the need to explain Tusk's survival at all but it's about what I expected. Animation quality especially for the first half of the episode or so was amazingly bad.

Despite those problems, this was otherwise a great episode. Great scene with Hilda and Ange. Also shooting the civilian was badass.
Mar 15, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
Holy shit, the animation this episode! It's hard for me to take it seriously sometimes.

Too many stupid fanservice (as usual) in the beginning. Really Ange, what is giving Tusk your pantsu supposed to do?

Lol @ Sylvia. What a worthless little bitch. I hope she dies. But it's even funnier when Ange shot that random citizen in front of her (funniest scene in the whole show so far).

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 15, 2015 9:54 PM

May 2014
Shit son! Tusk x Ange x Hilda oh yeah baby haha :3
& Alektra badass next ep *o*
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Mar 15, 2015 10:38 PM

Feb 2011
Ange is a lesbian confirmed! And hahaha isn't Tusk a lucky one :p? since he received Ange's panties!
Mar 15, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2014
Last episode next week?
Mar 15, 2015 11:32 PM
Sep 2014
lol she just shoots the guy in the head. No f*cks were given that day.

This episode was pretty epic so long as you try to forget the infamous episode 22
Mar 16, 2015 12:09 AM
Sep 2014
SayonaraSelena said:
Last episode next week?

No there are 25 episodes in the series. So we still have 2 more episodes.
Mar 16, 2015 1:08 AM

Feb 2013
i liked this show better before embryo came into the picture and threw the plot on its head. but these last few episodes have made it more entertaining because the writers are basically going balls to wall with fan service and killing characters to tie it up.

the elektra death flags were all over the place though. salia should live, otherwise her tragic fall wont have any meaning.
Mar 16, 2015 1:55 AM

Oct 2013
FloydBt said:

You can, though that's not a fact when the show has been doing exactly what it intended to do from the very beginning.

Eh, dunno about Izayoi since I didn't see his show but Yuusha & Ryner Lute? No way dude, that's just an opinion. Granted, I do think Ryner's pretty awesome.
Mar 16, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2012
when's the 3 some AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

holy shit i'm convinced this show is a comedy b/c it is laughably bad
i like how Ange just randomly executes a civilian lmfaooo then her sister proceeds to wetting herself oh god i'm dying

Mar 16, 2015 3:21 AM

May 2013
That Aurora battleship resemble Archangel and Minerva, that submersible ability, that wing that came out when take off from the water, that take off sequence, AND that N-type Cyro Beam Destroyer Cannon (that resemble Longherin/Tannhäuser Positron Cannon), imo
Mar 16, 2015 7:24 AM
Feb 2015
Kirigaro92 said:
Mormegil said:

Dude, that's exactly why I didn't want this to happen, It was obvious this was gonna bring back some Yurifags. Ange didn't blush, didn't say she loved her, it was Fukuda throwing breadcrumbs at the shippers to stop complaining, a pity kiss. She went through a full 12-hour sex marathon with Tusk, declared her love, give her pantsu to him and there are still some tards thinking their ship hasn't sink yet. DEAL WITH IT.

Agreed, I honestly don't see how people can get anything out of that scene other than a pity kiss, if anything, It's also a possible death flag that was placed on the red head.
I remember reading somewhere on Reddit last year about Hilda dying close to the last episode, though not sure where that person got that information, if that does indeed happen, it wouldn't surprise me.

Ange loves Tusk, she doesn't seem to care for Hilda in any other way besides a close friendship, the kiss on the lips was a bit much, ( as I doubt a straight girl would do that in real life) and in my opinion, it was merely put in for fan service to the Yuri lovers.

Hilda's character served very little to no purpose in the story anyways, she was barley in the series for most of the episodes, and when she was shown, she played a minor role.

I mean, they only had her as leader for what? an episode? lol!

Anyways, this anime is about over, and I'm thankful for that, this may be the last time I watch anything with Fuduka's name stamped on it, I thought I had learned my lesson with SEED, but I suppose not.
DarFrostXMar 16, 2015 7:30 AM
Mar 16, 2015 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
MgMaster said:
FloydBt said:

You can, though that's not a fact when the show has been doing exactly what it intended to do from the very beginning.

Eh, dunno about Izayoi since I didn't see his show but Yuusha & Ryner Lute? No way dude, that's just an opinion. Granted, I do think Ryner's pretty awesome.

We're talking about badassery right. Not general likeability. If we are than I don't really change my mind.

Even if we were talking about general likeability I don't change my mind that much....

Yuusha can cut mountains in half, and personality wise (he's the most socially indoctrinated person ever, yet he was willing to put his prejudices aside for a better future.) He doesn't grow as much as Ange, but I like endshow Yuusha more than I like endshow Ange so far.

Ryner can disintegrate matter... wait they didn't get that far in the show did they? He grows as much as Ange and I also like endshow Ryner more than I'm liking endshow Ange.

Ange's up there but her character doesn't even top Maria from Maria the virgin witch and that show's airing right now with only 12 eps.

Ange's character is close enough to these characters though that if she does something amazing in these last episode she might jump to being one of my favorites.
Mar 16, 2015 8:43 AM

Sep 2013
TitanAnteus said:
john100 said:
ANGE FTW

You have watched like NO ANIME at all, or you intentionally only watch anime with female protagonists.

Izayoi : http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5524-2136618578.png (stronger, more intelligent and hilarious)
Yuusha : http://static.zerochan.net/Yuusha.%28Maoyu.Maou.Yusha%29.full.1315765.jpg (better in every way)
Ryner Lute : http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/1-1925249843.jpg (better in every way)

I know you're trying to do this whole... female empowerment thing but you don't need to try and make a comparison. You're just going to get buried.

He said 9 out of 10 and Lol they aren't badass, they're more like arrogant, chill, overpowered mc's.
This is badass
Mar 16, 2015 9:07 AM
Feb 2015
I hated how they handled Sylvia's character, they should have gone a different route with her.

what's disturbing to me is how most of the people on this forum is saying "that she deserves it", really? her mother died, father executed for treason, brother was a unloving creep, and her sister turned out to be the thing she was taught from birth to hate, can we take no pity on her for going apeshit? I mean, she's twelve freaking years old people! what does anyone here expect of her? I think a lot of us has forgotten that Ange was also on the Noma hating bandwagon.

After all, she was cool with sending someone else's child to die in the first episode, how convenient of her to start liking them the moment she turned out to be one.

Many people say this anime has realistic themes to it and while it does for the most part, it does a terrible job portraying it, I can guarantee that there is a lot of us here who would have turned out like Sylvia if we had to go through the same shit in a real life scenario.
I really do hope they redeem her, what she did to Ange was very disgusting, but she's still her little sister, it would be heartbreaking for her not to rekindle their relationship.

But with just two episodes left, and Fuduka writing this terrible script, I doubt we'll see any redemption and forgiveness, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Mar 16, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:

He said 9 out of 10 and Lol they aren't badass, they're more like arrogant, chill, overpowered mc's.
This is badass

Wait... that's the part people find badass? Wasn't that just complete disregard for human life? If Ange wasn't branded a norma she'd be among them. She was just as ignorant and bigoted, and only changed because she learned more after being thrown into the thick of things. Those people's lives are just collapsing all around them and they don't even know why.

Even fukuda didn't want to show Ange just shooting a random civilian.

I thought what people found badass was Ange standing up to Embryo, and helping Salako and stuff. You know... a display of power towards forces only she can stop, not gunning down innocent people.

Maybe my definition of badass is weird? So... ("arrogant, chill, overpowered mc's.") this doesn't mean badass anymore?
Mar 16, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2009
Can someone please explain why a picture of Tusk's father was shown? was it owned by Alektra perhaps or am I just over thinking it? Maybe no meaning at all..?hmmm still piqued my interest.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.