Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, after looking at some of the brief flashback scenes, some of the crime left behind is gruesome..at least based on what the investigators discovered anyways imo. Seems a knife was the primary weapon used to kill.

The air hockey seemed pretty intense. I loved how how some of the movements were done with the choreography. Tatsumi needs to step up his game because it looks like he got nailed pretty hard despite the game being rather close (4-4). Well, he did manage to fight back pretty well so I give him credit for that. I still love the thriller feel of this show with all the revelations. Seemed like some serious crime went behind the background.

Not surprising that Decim had to intervene. Really loved the way how the episode highlighted Shimada's mental state after realizing the truth. Intense/5
Stark700Mar 6, 2015 11:44 AM
Mar 6, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
Detective Conan, that you?
Mar 6, 2015 11:03 AM
Mar 2014
Madhouse, you're mad geniuses. I cried a little inside after this episode, it's heartbreaking that end...
This double episode was really, really good. Also, Onna's behaviour - the powerless stomping of Decim, and Decim's powerless reaction out of shock.
BenMSMar 6, 2015 11:06 AM
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Mar 6, 2015 11:04 AM

May 2013
What an episode this was. Seeing how that detective was just standing there while the other guy's sister was being assaulted, I can see why he would react that way.
Mar 6, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2012
That was unbelievable, i could not take my eyes off the screen for a second, this is the greatest anime ever.
Mar 6, 2015 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
omg that ending. I'm speechless
Mar 6, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2012
Seeing these two characters slowly break down and become twisted versions of their former selves was very unnerving

Onna dropping truth bombs about the system seems to have shaken Decim at his core. I wonder if Decim is going to find out about the emotions Nona implanted within him before he casts judgment on Onna next week
Mar 6, 2015 11:16 AM
Jul 2013
What an intense episode.
Mar 6, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
GODDAMN!!! Amazing O_O I had tears and my mind was blown at the end :O

I knew they were gonna be connected somehow but totally didn't expect it to be this way?!?!?!

Tatsumi friggin watched as Sae got assaulted and was killed by Shimada by mistake...even though he was actually his revenge target.

Tatsumi is friggin crazy though O_o?? He was practically whispering like a devil into Shimada's mind to become evil. Dat provocation!

Onna couldn't do SHIT!!! The scene when the ED started playing gave me chills, there's no way in hell u'd resist the urge to agonize that bastard if u have the chance XD

And Decim got mind and heart raped by Onna lol...Isn't what Onna did considered cheating though :P Telling them the truth about the void and the judgement like that ^^; Couldn't change a thing though...although, we did see a white mask at the end of the ep so did one of them get reincarnated?
Barion-ZaraMar 6, 2015 11:40 AM
Mar 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
WOW! What a story between these two players... Really didn't expext something like that !

Very nice , Onna ! I Hope you really can change or do something to Decim in good way !
Mar 6, 2015 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
Wow... This show gets better and better with each episode.
Mar 6, 2015 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
Dat intensity at end was off the charts.
I loved this double episode thing MadHouse knows how to make a good anime and Death Parade is one of them
Mar 6, 2015 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
Whoa that was intense. So they both went to the void huh
But lol,Onna surely broke Decim
Mar 6, 2015 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Damn son best episode yet.
I loved how Shimada gave in to his pleasure and chose to torture the detective.

No doubt that both of them went to the void. But during their life they were both wrong on what they did.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 6, 2015 11:36 AM
Mar 2014
kawaii-despair said:

IMHO, he broke himself.... His decision to give Shimada those playing stones and his knife proved the Arbiters are flawed at best, and totally unsuitable to judge at worst.

chakracat said:
Damn son best episode yet.
I loved how Shimada gave in to his pleasure and chose to torture the detective.

No doubt that both of them went to the void. But during their life they were both wrong on what they did.

Pleasure? Seemed more like an bitter combination of grieve, disbelieve, lust for revenge and a total 'correct' button-pushing by the detective which leaves him to be an totally twisted shadow of his former self after all that has happened. With his current mindstate, it is totally correct that Shimada goes to the void - but IMHO there should be a special place in the void for the detective... He's cruel beyond measure. The woman from episode 1 and 2 lied to her partner not to torture him, but to save him, hopefully also from himself. While the detective tortured Shimada out of sadistic pleasure.
BenMSMar 6, 2015 11:40 AM
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Mar 6, 2015 11:37 AM
Jun 2014
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.
Mar 6, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
Well that escalated into more of a cluster-fuck than I imagined
Mar 6, 2015 11:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
the hell was that exaggeratedly dramatic ending

lol >.>
Mar 6, 2015 11:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pure madness....Gonna edit this after I process all that greatness

EDIT:

This episode took the intensity from last week's episode and multiplied it by a thousand. I am still lost for words right now...Even the air hockey game was intense.

Tatsumi is a freaking psychopath and I love it. His actions and just mindset in general is just as dark and twisted as they come. I don't have a problem with him wanting to hunt down and end scumbag criminals but his methods are just way too fucked up lol.

Shimada.....Man I feel so bad for this guy. We get confirmation that he was an honest dude and made an honest living solely for the happiness of his dear little sister only to have to go through this pain.

The way Tatsumi and Shimada killed their targets was brutal no matter which way you put it except I think that Tatsumi freaking tortured his before killing his target even. Those two scenes just threw sanity out the window...

But what I really loved about this episode was how they showed and placed emphasis on how dark a person can get. Tatsumi freaking watching Shimada's sister get assaulted was just beyond messed up and his entire reasoning behind it was just dark as fuck.

I don't blame Shimada for torturing him, that guy deserved it....He died and the only thing he cared about was that he got stabbed with the same knife that killed the other guy lol. I love psychopaths xD

I also loved how Onna put Decim in his place....Dude was speechless because she was right. But damn, I felt so bad for her because she was powerless and couldn't take how serious and dark these guys were TwT

Overall this episode was easily 100/5 The ending scene was just pure madness....Seeing Tatsumi antagonize Shimada to hurt him....All the blood gushing out everywhere and just the looks on both of their faces sent more than chills down my spine

This anime has managed to consistently prove yet again as to why it's without a doubt AOTS

TokoyaMar 6, 2015 5:52 PM
Mar 6, 2015 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
holy molly i got the chills from that shit, amazing, intense as fuck
:3
Mar 6, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2011
Aots, period.
Mar 6, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
Now that's what I call 'Strange twist of fate" for those two gentle men, so, surly both of them got thrown to the void?
Mar 6, 2015 11:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What is with the haters? I see no reason why someone would dislike this episode. Bait and shitposting of course is another story, but childish brat behaviour.

Intense. What can i say, 10/10 episode.
Mar 6, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
BenMS said:
but IMHO there should be a special place in the void for the detective... He's cruel beyond measure. The woman from episode 1 and 2 lied to her partner not to torture him, but to save him, hopefully also from himself. While the detective tortured Shimada out of sadistic pleasure.
I don't think he was consciously acting out any sadistic pleasure, it's just what he truly believed. He called Onna's attempts to sway him and 'save' Shimada wishful thinking because he wouldn't be able to protect Sae that way. He told him he had to change himself to counter the world's cruelness. Because Tatsumi experienced that horrible euphoria after getting his revenge that turned him into his dispassionate monster self, he ended up truly believing that was the right direction. He was still actually pushing Shimada to be what he thought was his strongest potential self. I really liked how they showed Shimada undergoing that same euphoria, with the same grim smile that Tatsumi wore. It's just beyond sad that he fell to that when his circumstances were clearly different than Tatsumi's.

Jan 2013
I think they overdid/over dramatized the story between the two players and overall their story?

It was great to see the detective to develop into a cruel, heartless man like that though, oh well, getting memories back means everything in this show.

Apr 2013
Pablo a.k.a. WTF!?
Mar 6, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
So unless the criminal hasn't done anything yet police dude will not do anything...wow
Only consolation that sae get is the culprit is not a murder-rapist type of criminal. Nice episode. :)

Aug 2013
Great episode,
So both of them were sent to hell?
I think, if he put knife away, than he won't be sent to hell
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Aug 2012
YumeNoMonogatari said:
Pablo a.k.a. WTF!?
Yeah that was pretty distracting from the intensity of the ending lol
Mar 6, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Shimada tortured the detective @ the end.

In the end, they both went to void.
Mar 6, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2015
This was a bad episode at the end.

Why Decim did his actions was purely nonsensical. The ending was dramatic, cliche and forced. Throw in the fact that Onna's outburst was there to "break" Decim for plot purposes in the future and you have a mediocre ending to an episode.

What could have been an 8/10 falls to 7/10 to a 6/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2014
kawaii-despair said:

I suspect she's was placed there for exactly that purpose..or to be more exact, to judge
his judgements from a humans (or so we're led to believe) point of view.

I seem to remember Nona(?) talking about having implanting emotions/feelings in him, so it may
be a way to "kickstart" them. Iow, to learn to recognize what is what and so on.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Jun 2013
Kinda speechless after that. That was an awesome episode.
Mar 6, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Wow...that was intense. I felt just as powerless as Kurokami during this episode - wishing to change something and unable to do so.

Damn you Tatsumi...you were one twisted bastard but why did you have to bring Shimada down with you.

Although Shimada himself was pretty crazy too - killing the criminal himself (was he sure it was him) and then killing some random person who just happened to enter the apartment - it was just "happy"coincidence that he killed the right person but still what he did was not right by far.

So, how did Shimada actually die? Also, what happened at the end - they only showed one elevator with a Demon mask. It's obvious Tatsumi is going to the void, but Shimada still has some chance...unlikely though...

This show is killing me (in a good way) - best episode so far.
Mar 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
Very intense episode. Really kept me on the edge of my seat and eyes glued to the screen. Although I'm still wondering how Shimada died in the first place
Mar 6, 2015 12:14 PM

Nov 2013
Amazing episode, it's just keeps getting better wow

KirijoCorp said:
Although I'm still wondering how Shimada died in the first place

I REALLY want to know!

Mar 6, 2015 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode. Somehow I understand the detective but he was too cruel to Shimada. He deserved what he got. Onna and Decim are probably gonna be in the spotlight for the next episodes probably to decide what to do with her.

Aug 2013
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

Jan 2013
I can't feel bad for the Shimada guy, I mean, anyone would have snapped at that point.

Jan 2014
HOLY SHIT, THAT ENDING. When they played the music as he stabbed the game pieces, holy shit I got goosebumps. I think both of them went to hell. But man, this is official the best anime of 2015 so far I fucking love it
DoctorWasabiMar 6, 2015 12:24 PM
Mar 6, 2015 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Tatsumi being one of Shimada's actual target was really unforeseeable!

All the things that Tatsumi is saying to Shimada was man, pretty amazing. Teared up when Shimada almost was able to stop himself after thinking about Sae.

Onna managing to shaken Decim like that. It really was interesting how Decim and Tatsumi's role are really interchangeable. Needing an incident to pass judgement and breaking out the evils of people's hearts!

Also on the fact on what Shimada is doing to Tatsumi, is it really out of love? The bigger the happiness, the bigger the hit back is, but Onna told him that there is a chance he could meet Sae again in his reincarnation. It almost felt like he chose to sacrifice the future in its entirety and carry out the present. It felt like it wasn't about Sae anymore, but simply wrath in full power and control. Still, the slight struggle he had was really touching.

Really amazing episode this was!
Mar 6, 2015 12:17 PM
Mar 2014
Hoo boy. You did it, Death Parade. You finally did it.

Congratulations on making your viewers feel smart through plot twists every four minutes! I knew Madhouse was good at it after the success of Death Note and No Game No Life, but this is a whole new level of faux-revolutionary. Fitting all of this into one episode? Amazing! You're finally choosing to reveal what's wrong with the system, even though it was obvious in the first five minutes of the first episode? Even better!

Probably one of the worst single episodes I've ever seen. I could go on about how laughably melodramatic the whole episode was (especially the final five minutes), but it's really not worth my time. Anyway, great. It's like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso all over again.
vegetablespiritMar 6, 2015 12:22 PM
Mar 6, 2015 12:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
-Klad- said:
I think they overdid/over dramatized the story between the two players and overall their story?

Yeah, this is the one thing I didn't like too much about this story. Still, I really liked it overall. Onna's comment about how "people aren't as complex as you think" was really interesting. I think most people would say that people are complex, but I think she might have a point, especially in such situations, people will react immediately without a thought. If they are angry, they will want to kill/hurt the other one, if they are sad, they likely won't do anything violent.

Also, was it just me, or was the demon (Hannya mask) white this time around?

FatefulLove said:
but Onna told him that there is a chance he could meet Sae again in his reincarnation. It almost felt like he chose to sacrifice the future in its entirety and carry out the present. It felt like it wasn't about Sae anymore, but simply wrath in full power and control. Still, the slight struggle he had was really touching.

Hm well even if he has a second chance, a change to see Sae again after reincarnation, will that even matter? Will he know Sae? Just saying. But yeah I agree that it wasn't all about Sae anymore, though imo, Shimada was just angry about Tatsumi's ideas in the end. How there has to be a victim first because he can punish anyone.
tingyMar 6, 2015 12:21 PM
Mar 6, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Wow. That was just... wow. Literally no words can summarise what I just saw properly. Amazing yet again.
Mar 6, 2015 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
This was the strongest episode yet.Quite good.
Mar 6, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2009
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

Shimada bled to death after being stabbed by rapist. He didn't even notice it due to adrenaline.
Mar 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
Smudy said:
What is with the haters? I see no reason why someone would dislike this episode. Bait and shitposting of course is another story, but childish brat behaviour.

Intense. What can i say, 10/10 episode.

Pretty much man. I can't find anything wrong with this episode, this episode definitely deserves a 10/10
Mar 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
best episode so far
Mar 6, 2015 12:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HappyGirl said:
Yeah I was wondering this too. Also it looks like Both got sent to the void
Mar 6, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2013
So intense, so messed up... what an episode!
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.