Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was fun and intense with Adou in action. He took quite a bit of risk though...Overall a fairly impressive fight and it was also nice to see Shia in combat. I think Adou might be a too aggressive at times tbh.

A nice duel between Lucas and Wilfrid as well! :D That was a very close match imo.
Stark700Mar 4, 2015 3:32 AM
Mar 4, 2015 4:01 AM

Apr 2012
The Crossbone was the best part of the episode, that thing was a walking armory.
Nice fight, also those Haro repair machines the G-Portent uses are cute!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 4, 2015 4:23 AM

Sep 2013
G-Portent, a walking Combat Repair Gunpla.

Goddamit, I want the Crossbone to win.
*sigh*
Well, Lucas the only Ace-class fighter on their team.

I guess team Nemesis is only a semi-finalist team I guess when it comes to the main tournament that the series is focusing.
Mar 4, 2015 4:30 AM

Jun 2013
Well... I HAD FORESEEN ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED... Has happened? Have happened? Had happened? Uuhh Whatever...

This battle was very similar to Tatsuya vs Julian, back in season one. Tatsuya/Kijima being the amazing pilot from Gunpla academy, and Julian/Lucas as the god-like foreigner who suddenly appears in the middle of the series, who ultimately lost even though it seemed like he was winning.

The ending scene almost got me though. I thought i was wrong, and Sunrise was going for a plot twist. NOPE.

THAT TRANSIENT BURST THO! WHEN'S MG TRANSIENT GUNDAM BEING RELEASED? I'm such a sucker for Trans-am Burst/Quantum Burst stuff.
Mar 4, 2015 5:10 AM

May 2013
I was almost really positively supprised when the Chrossbone was still standing at the end, the Gunpla Academy losing would've been a good twist in my book... but nope, of course not. :/

Wilfred it probably one of the more uninteresting characters to be a rival, even though the fellow student "who strayed from the right path to obtain power" is also just as generic I thought he would've made a much better rival.

Somebody completely out of the left field (like Lucas in this case for example) who beats the supposed to be rivals would've been much cooler...
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Mar 4, 2015 5:34 AM

Sep 2013
Haroharo-san said:
Well... I HAD FORESEEN ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED... Has happened? Have happened? Had happened? Uuhh Whatever...

This battle was very similar to Tatsuya vs Julian, back in season one. Tatsuya/Kijima being the amazing pilot from Gunpla academy, and Julian/Lucas as the god-like foreigner who suddenly appears in the middle of the series, who ultimately lost even though it seemed like he was winning.

The ending scene almost got me though. I thought i was wrong, and Sunrise was going for a plot twist. NOPE.

THAT TRANSIENT BURST THO! WHEN'S MG TRANSIENT GUNDAM BEING RELEASED? I'm such a sucker for Trans-am Burst/Quantum Burst stuff.

DancingJack said:
I was almost really positively supprised when the Chrossbone was still standing at the end, the Gunpla Academy losing would've been a good twist in my book... but nope, of course not. :/

Wilfred it probably one of the more uninteresting characters to be a rival, even though the fellow student "who strayed from the right path to obtain power" is also just as generic I thought he would've made a much better rival.

Somebody completely out of the left field (like Lucas in this case for example) who beats the supposed to be rivals would've been much cooler...

nah, I doubt Celestial Sphere will be defeated even if Transient lost that duel. Both The End and G-Portent are still functioning thus the Crossbone still need to defeat at least one of them to earn a tie.
Mar 4, 2015 8:01 AM
Sep 2014
Is this anime going to have 50 episodes? I hope there is going to be a season 2 because of the open tournament that follows this one. As Japan representatives they could face Tatsuya and some of the world rankers from season 1.

I wish that the Japan national team could take the aces from the teams in the tournament. Lucas, Sekai and Wilfrid could all team up against the best of the world.

Of course there will be a secret team that joins the open tournament as a first seed: Tatsuya, Aila and Reiji will be the ultimate team that the three from Japan would face.

The matches would be:
Tatsuya vs Wilfrid
Aila vs Lucas
Reiji vs Sekai

That would be a dream world finale match up.
Mar 4, 2015 9:31 AM
Mar 2013
I was pretty dissapointed with the fight. Yeah Lucas got in a few good hits and did hold his own against the whole Team and even overpowering them, but he never beat any of them to where they couldn't keep fighting or took 1 out. I was hoping Lucas would at least have won the one on one fight with Kijima, because Lucas would have still lost anyway, but he would have at least beaten one of them.
Mar 4, 2015 9:36 AM

Dec 2007
They did a good job of not making the outcome patently obvious, but they kind of painted themselves into a corner here: Either they dump a key rival by the wayside, or they have the expected outcome instead of the nice twist. This result was almost a no-brainer, as Lucas, already being the European champ, could still show up in the world tournament even if he lost.

Sigmund05 said:
Is this anime going to have 50 episodes? I hope there is going to be a season 2 because of the open tournament that follows this one. As Japan representatives they could face Tatsuya and some of the world rankers from season 1.
I'm seeing some sources state 25, but I don't have hard confirmation. Assuming it ends at 25, it still looks like it was made with additional material in mind, so it's highly likely to end up being a split-series like Gundam 00 if the DVD and merchandise sales are good.
Mar 4, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
Roychop said:
I was pretty dissapointed with the fight. Yeah Lucas got in a few good hits and did hold his own against the whole Team and even overpowering them, but he never beat any of them to where they couldn't keep fighting or took 1 out. I was hoping Lucas would at least have won the one on one fight with Kijima, because Lucas would have still lost anyway, but he would have at least beaten one of them.

he did win, Lucas beat Kijima. but both of them fall because of their own clash. the gunpla academy win because there's Adou and Shia.
Mar 4, 2015 9:43 AM
Mar 2013
Abyhape said:
Roychop said:

he did win, Lucas beat Kijima. but both of them fall because of their own clash. the gunpla academy win because there's Adou and Shia.

Lucas fell completely down, while Kijima was still a bit sitting up, so Lucas did lose that one on one fight. He came very very close, but he didn't beat Kijima. Your last sentence, I pretty much said that in my last sentence. Anyhow, I feel Lucas should have at least beaten one of them.
RoychopMar 4, 2015 4:21 PM
Mar 4, 2015 10:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I knew that that Gunpla Academy were going to win because of the foreshadowing etc but I was hoping that we would have still gotten a twist in some way

The battle was really good and both sides did well and all but I wanted Lucas to at least take out one or two people in the team. Regardless he still rekt them all pretty good, his Gunpla is a freaking tank lol.

The conclusion of the fight was probably my biggest disappointment though. When I saw that Lucas' team got taken out and that he was going to 1 v 1 Wilfred I really thought that they would have gave Lucas the win since even if he beat him, The Academy would have still went through to he finals because they have more members still standing

Sighhhh, they hyped up Lucas only to just overlook all of the possibilities that they could have taken for this match to make it epic :( Oh well, at least we can say that he fought them all at once and owned them AND we can also make an argument that since he was low on particles that as well as him not having a 5 star team like they do is why he lost

Anyway, it was still a pretty good episode and after all this open tournament name dropping we better get a second season too.

TokoyaMar 4, 2015 10:39 AM
Mar 4, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode. It was pretty clear though when the team members of lucas were down, who was going to win.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 4, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! Were Try fighters seriously not watching that epic match O_o? I know they're preparing but it's too hype to miss lol XD

Awesome battle! Gotta love that Full Cloth. Gunpla Academy's "team work" is so awesome though :3 Gotta love how Shia repaired her G-Portent like that.

Lucas did quite well against all of them himself but yeah, there's no way he'd win against 3 BAs by himself ^^; Esp with th Dat Transient Burst at the end!!! Friggin epic! And the OST was amazing during that scene >.<!
Mar 4, 2015 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
great episode. i like how lucas didn't just have an op gunpla to fight 3v1 but actually had a strategy with resupplying particles

i really really hope we get a second season to try fighters with the world tournament.
Mar 4, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
I actually really liked this episode, despite the fact that it breaks Try's continuity quite badly (Why was Wilfrid worried about it's particle emissions?Just about every other fight this season has sown that not only is it not a problem but that particle emission increase drastically at the end of fights when the big guns get pulled out, as demonstrated by the Transient Burst.), but it showed an excellent fight between tough opponents and finally, for the first time since the Ez8's way back towards the start of the season, tactics in a 3 vs 3 match have actually mattered! This just goes to show how bad the rest of Try has been and this is what it should have been like from the start. The only blotches were the lazy finish, not showing that final battle between Crossbone and Transient should be a hangable offense, and the G-Portent showing more idiotic magic in being able to repair itself.

I think a 3rd season of Build Fighters is a good bet, and I hope it's on the world stage so that the likes of Fellini, Sei, Mao, Meijin, Julian, the Renato brothers, Luang Dallara etc can come back and put these nobodies in their place.
Mar 4, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
Quite a nice episode!
I found it more enjoyable since it wasn't Sekai, and you didn't what would actually happen.
Looking forward to more!

Mar 4, 2015 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
Would have been much cooler if Crossbone had taken out the other two Academy members, the Crossbone was introduced as probably the strongest gunpla in the tournament but it wasn't able to take out even one of them....even if he did beat Wilfrid there would be two others left and Lucas would lose
Mar 4, 2015 12:53 PM

Feb 2013

"That's right boys, We've got tons of Sequels and Models coming"
Mar 4, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2007
Wow this might be the only place on the internet that isn't full of hyperbole and hatred for this episode. For the first time ever MAL might actually have the most rational and tolerable discussion on an anime episode.
Mar 4, 2015 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
lol How bout that Crossbone hype?
The weapons are pretty cool though.

Hella thought Crossbone was gonna win last week but I guess not. Well I wanted Gunpla Academy to win.

Looking forward to the next episode.
PLEASE GIVE TRYON 3 A YUUSHA SWORD!!!
TragicGenociderMar 4, 2015 2:41 PM
Mar 4, 2015 4:01 PM

May 2008
Not going to lie, I actually wanted Lucas to win. I think that he should have beaten 2 of them. I mean come on, his skill against Wilfred and Adou to me shows that he SHOULD have beaten at least one.

The fact that he was portrayed as a solo player doomed him. I felt it when he told the others about backing him up, but his skill was way above that of the GPA. I knew he would lose, but like others I think it would have been cool if maybe Adou and Alia tried to pincer him in a rush (Adou going in and Alia trying to stop him) and Lucas beats them both, THEN THE DUEL with Wilfred, same black to screen....team try fighter comes in and looks shocked, Lucas still standing....AND THEN HE FALLS.

Despite him still losing I think that would have been a better end.

Also season 3 is going to be the international tournament. I just feel it.
Nikato's PokePet

ChickMagnet the level 50 Pikachu!
Mar 4, 2015 4:35 PM

May 2013
Nikato said:
Not going to lie, I actually wanted Lucas to win. I think that he should have beaten 2 of them. I mean come on, his skill against Wilfred and Adou to me shows that he SHOULD have beaten at least one.

The fact that he was portrayed as a solo player doomed him. I felt it when he told the others about backing him up, but his skill was way above that of the GPA. I knew he would lose, but like others I think it would have been cool if maybe Adou and Alia tried to pincer him in a rush (Adou going in and Alia trying to stop him) and Lucas beats them both, THEN THE DUEL with Wilfred, same black to screen....team try fighter comes in and looks shocked, Lucas still standing....AND THEN HE FALLS.

Despite him still losing I think that would have been a better end.

Also season 3 is going to be the international tournament. I just feel it.

Also thought that ateast one of them would lose to Lucas atleast, was kind of disappointed... :/
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Mar 4, 2015 4:54 PM

Jan 2014
Well, he badly damaged The End, faught the Transient to a draw almost and had pretty much taken out the Portent until magical pixies came along, created plastic out of thin air and fixed it for her. I hate the Portent and it's nonsensical godly abilities.

Looking forward to the Tryon 3 getting stomped.
Mar 5, 2015 3:46 AM

Mar 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Damn! Were Try fighters seriously not watching that epic match O_o? I know they're preparing but it's too hype to miss lol XD

My exact thoughts! XD Seriously, how the hell do you miss such a hyped match-up? At very least, they could scout the gunplas. Welp, preparation for what's at hand is important too...

Epic fight in general. Likewise, I agree with many here that Lucas should have taken out at least one of the gunplas before going down (though I guess he did in a technical sense with Shia, though she had the ability to repair her own gunpla).
Mar 5, 2015 4:11 AM
Oct 2011
Talk about hyping up a character...

I thought that the European Champ was gonna win with all that mystery surrounding him, turns out he's a side-character after all :(

IMO, it would be much more interesting if Gunpla Academy lost. An upset would strengthen the rivalry and epicness of Lucas VS Sekai, creating something similar to Sei/Renji VS Meijin.

I guess they decided to go with the "3v3, we'll each defeat our respective rival" sort of plot. I find that a little boring. The other way around that would be to have Team Try Fighters defeat Gunpla Academy in the semi-finals...then go on to have Sekai VS Lucas in the finals. Guess that's a dream after all.
azuredrakMar 5, 2015 4:16 AM
Mar 5, 2015 4:19 AM
Oct 2011
XPwnDEnd said:
Barion-Zara said:

My exact thoughts! XD Seriously, how the hell do you miss such a hyped match-up? At very least, they could scout the gunplas. Welp, preparation for what's at hand is important too...

But they always had the option of watching the replays/videos I guess? That's what everyone has been doing.
Mar 5, 2015 4:40 AM

Mar 2012
azuredrak said:
XPwnDEnd said:

But they always had the option of watching the replays/videos I guess? That's what everyone has been doing.

True... but who wouldn't want to see that live if you were there? xP
Mar 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
Best part of GBF is still the Crossbones getting animated. That Csa+Csb release. And people expected Lucas to win? Are we even watching the same show?? He had a good fight, and an actual tactic, but the behemoth Try has been building up all season wasn't going to lose. Geara Dogas are always great.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 5, 2015 6:33 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Damn....that Gundam from Crossbones was really kickass, although Lucas was lost.

G-Portent was rather OP.....it can repair itself? Goddamn Shia, you are genius.....and adorable :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 5, 2015 11:01 PM

Oct 2008
Team Von Braun is invalid...based on the skill of Lucas...if other two players were as skilled as Lucas (both fighting and gunpla building) then it would have been child's play to them beating Gunpla Academy.

Mar 6, 2015 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
worst episode

Fuck

in episode 20 crossbone is like god who can kill 3 gundam with very scary power

that what people look but too bad is juat only in word

but.........

what i got????

fight with re-charging battery ??? WTF

very disappointment

he is european champion not 7-years-old kids

what a scam from sunrise

f**k this episode
Mar 6, 2015 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
Couldn´t we have at least ONE of the gumpla academy get taken down.?

It made it seem like the fight was entirely one sided. The fight still kicked ass and the production values look gorgeous.
Mar 6, 2015 12:31 PM
Aug 2012
This episode must be the one i enjoyed the most.......it actually had the feels of the previous season and "Allied Force" (i think that's the name) playing made it even better. If only Lucas had another ace on his team or a particle gathering system, they would have won. But Lucas is still the better pilot, no doubt about it. Seeing the Crossborne show Gunpla Aademy who's boss was pretty fun. Give me a Crossborne series already.

I didn't think about it before but i guess Gunpla Academy members are references to Team Trinity from Gundam 00. Overall one of better episode that i actually rewatched in this season.

Mar 6, 2015 9:05 PM
Jan 2013
Oh shit lol...didn't realise he was the whiny shota that aila was fighting for in gbf.
Mar 7, 2015 12:45 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
fynnian said:
Oh shit lol...didn't realise he was the whiny shota that aila was fighting for in gbf.

Whiny shota became epic character though.

To be fair, I thought this episode was really good. Do people REALLY EXPECT a single Gundam, no matter how powerful, to beat three extremely powerful opponents at the same time, even without all that foreshadowing? Let's be realistic people... Lucas himself alone is on par if not more skilled than Wilfrid. Wilfrid only won because his team wore Lucas down. Otherwise, the balance would have tipped in Lucas's favor.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 7, 2015 6:36 AM
Apr 2011
wakka9ca said:
fynnian said:

Whiny shota became epic character though.

To be fair, I thought this episode was really good. Do people REALLY EXPECT a single Gundam, no matter how powerful, to beat three extremely powerful opponents at the same time, even without all that foreshadowing? Let's be realistic people... Lucas himself alone is on par if not more skilled than Wilfrid. Wilfrid only won because his team wore Lucas down. Otherwise, the balance would have tipped in Lucas's favor.

Problem was that Lucas got too much hype which made him seem world-level when he really isn't. Still, he could clearly beat anyone from Gunpla Academy 1v1. That said, the battle this episode was still awesome. My feeling is that the final fight in this part of Try will be Sekai vs Lucas 1v1.

Anyone else think that Sekai might end up becoming the fourth Meijin if this series gets more episodes. The series has been dropping hints that Sekai might actually have a major talent for building Gunpla, and his current rival Wilfred wants to be the fourth Meijin. If Sekai ends up getting trained by Sei in building and becoming an awesome fighter and builder, I can see him taking the Meijin title from Tatsuya.
Mar 8, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
Gunpla Acadamy won : 0
Mar 10, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
I really liked this episode, but the thing that caught my interest is this single animation error

Mar 10, 2015 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
X-1 Full Cloth was a suit meant to carry out one big assault with high risks. It was not a suit for extended ms combat. Obviously a terrible choice. Still makes me wonder if Sunrise is actually going to make after teasing with Crossbone Maoh in S1 and now with Full Cloth.
Mar 13, 2015 1:57 AM
Feb 2015
Wow, all that build up of the Euro champ being a monster and having an awesome gundam.....and he sucked, obvious outcome too....
Mar 15, 2015 7:37 AM

Oct 2009
That's all Lucas got after all the hyping he got??! I mean sure it was impressive that he took on all three of them but still..
Mar 21, 2015 4:25 PM

Feb 2011
Such a intense episode! :) The reason why Lucas couldn't win is because of his team. Only if Lucas gotten quality skilled team members with better Gunpla instead of 2 resupply units, you could have win but oh well... :/ In the next episode there's no doubt Tryon 3 it's going to be destroyed lol
Mar 24, 2015 5:29 PM

Jan 2008
Guys, Shia and Ando were on their last breaths. Shia only managed to get her unit to function slightly, it was still in critical orange. Ando was acting tough, but that heat spike did major damage. Lucas did amazingly well against those 3.
Apr 20, 2016 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
The 'Masterpiece' is still honed by its inspirational 'chord' ~ . 7 years ago ~ .
"To the Future of Gunpla." You bet They are Formidable Rivals !!
The Semfinals !! Team Celestial Sphere vs. Team Von Braun !!
The Resupplying Plan was smart but they're still an incomplete Wings !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE !!! Radiance on Crossbone X1 Full Cloth .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 6:43 PM

Dec 2012
Dem Aila words.
Celestial Sphere vs Lucas team. Oh snap.
Dat light.
Dat ending.

Aila's words are dangerous. Never forget.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 8, 2022 12:49 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First semi-final and the level was high!!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2015

75 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 9, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

58 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 11:44 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

28 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:36 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

46 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:18 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2015

36 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.