Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2015 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
The dragons seem to be getting more interesting as we go along. Jaeha's defiance of his bloodline is interesting; I thought his scene with Kija was pretty interesting given that their views are essentially opposite.

The Hak/Jaeha scenes were very amusing as well. That was some of the best comedy in the show so far.

I'm glad that Yona's group is finally doing something politically relevant. I've said it before, but I really feel the political side of the story gives it a lot of critical potential on top of an already-enjoyable cast/adventure. Soo-won is trying to help rebuild the country without diving into war, and now Yona will be fighting political corruption in an outlying town.

I wonder if this will serve as setup for plot points later in the story.
Feb 12, 2015 5:34 AM

Jan 2014
Jaeha is dabes <3
A great episode :D
Feb 12, 2015 5:58 AM

May 2013
Jaeha the pervert. Seems fitting for someone of his attitude and actions.
Sorry about the kid. Those horrible people need to be punished.
Yona needs to do something to prove to the captain that she's worthy. I can't wait to see Jaeha's face when that happens.
Feb 12, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2014
TripleSRank said:

I'm glad that Yona's group is finally doing something politically relevant. I've said it before, but I really feel the political side of the story gives it a lot of critical potential on top of an already-enjoyable cast/adventure. Soo-won is trying to help rebuild the country without diving into war, and now Yona will be fighting political corruption in an outlying town.

I wonder if this will serve as setup for plot points later in the story.

^ agreed, I mostly watch the anime for the political side. I don't care about the romance, I'm glad they don't focus on it for now.
Feb 12, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode as always :)
Feb 12, 2015 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, slow progess
Feb 14, 2015 1:45 AM

Oct 2011
OMG I love Hak and Jeaha together

But Hak x Yona <3333

Jeaha wants to follow his own desires and not someone else's : 0

Hope Ki-ja gets some develpement after that conversation with Jeaha

YOna prove herself with Gigan : 0

Will they have enough to show the last dragon???
Feb 14, 2015 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Yona's eyes this episode were awesome, I've been waiting for the cliff scene so I'm looking forward to the next episode
Feb 14, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
I think this series will come into it's own in the 2nd season, providing it gets one. This is all about rounding up the dragons, the true depth of the story won't be tapped into this season, or maybe right at the end as a sort of cliffhanger.

Despite it being shojo it's not too shojo that I can't watch it, good art, great comedy and overall it's just a good show. I really hope it gets another season.
Feb 14, 2015 5:48 PM

May 2014
Stark700 said:

These are some pretty intense eyes here...

Meh, slow episode but necessary for the buildup. I'm expecting Yona to shine soon if she wants to keep her promise.

yeah those nice burning eyes. I like them. ^_^
Feb 14, 2015 5:50 PM

May 2014
nice and funny ep. though it weren't much action there were a good plot. that the kid died made yona fight for justice even more. overall it were a 3/5 ep.
Feb 16, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
wonderful!, love the episode progression...

LOLed at the part there bystanders thought that Hak & Jae-Ha are in to M-to-M...hahaha!

Mar 19, 2015 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Episode necessary for the construction of the story, funny and not very dramatic. Narrative that offers few emotions, are not disappointed in the story, but I would like some twist in the next episode.
Drawings and animations of good quality, plot advancing according to plan.
Apr 6, 2015 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
1 minute gay jokes,the second minute a child dying .boo-fucking-hoo.
Just wow...
Apr 10, 2015 4:37 PM
Nov 2011
i loved that pervert Jaeha i ship him with Hak xD

and that moment when Yona said Hak was different than the others to her and that face he made xD
Apr 17, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Yona should have answered the question "what can you do?" with "i can take this 3 capable men with me when l leave". That would have shut the captain up.

Speaking of her, i don't like people like her. She's talking about trust, and going around poking people asking "what can you do". But what can she do? Can she fight? I didn't see *her* boarding the enemy ship, that was all her men and Jae-ha. It was also Jae-ha who found her, she didn't exactly scoop the lands high and low for capable people. And it was Jae-ha who found Hak and therefore the whole team, because our lovely Captain Gigan is too lazy to ever leave her ship.

Yona and her team are perfectly capable of getting rid of the current lord. Would bring a hell lot of attention, but after all officials are knocked out, who cares?

Whereas the captainobviously is not capable of resolving the situation alone, and still needs the city - unless she permanentely moves elsewhere herself. Which might not please all of her men, they probably have family in the city.

So if it where not for Yona's generous and kind personality, it could easily have happend that while the current lord is dealt with, the citiziens blame *her* for endangering her crew and their families over and over for nothing. Heck, Yona could have captured the Green Dragon *and* tell the officials about the pirates. After destroying the ship.

So yeah, Gigan should be grateful for Yona wanting to help her, instead of clamoring about trust and people not being useful and slowing her down etc. I mean, if Gigan were all show and wouldn't care a fig about her people etc., i'd even understood it. But this..

Either way, it's way too rare for the "good guys" to stand up against such things, especially in anime. Often it would cut the story (assuming nothing "new" comes up based on the new decisions) in half or less, but that just means the storytelling isn't all that good, and that the writer(s) used every trick there is to avoid overly hard thinking.

With villains it's usually the other way round. Even Soo-Won, who is not really good, not really bad, but not really morally grey/ambiguous in the traditional sense either..more like a undefined mass swinging back and forth and wobbling around required more thinking about by the writers.
May 31, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2015
And again Yona goes stupid... I thought she was learning when she decided not to mingle with the shop attack, but then she decides to meet with the pirates without concerting whatsoever with her comrades.
She says she's not the dragon's master, but she keeps acting as such. I guess I'm really sensitive when it comes to useless people giving orders to competent ones...

NwAurion said:
She's talking about trust, and going around poking people asking "what can you do". But what can she do? Can she fight? I didn't see *her* boarding the enemy ship, that was all her men and Jae-ha.

That argument goes right back at Yona. Is she the one fighting ? Not at all. In fact she's even creating the problems for her followers to solve afterwards most of the time. At least the captain doesn't seem to act that way. As to what she has rolling for her, i'm assuming she has the brains, being able to play cat and mouse with the officials.
The thing that annoys me most about Yona is that she gives directives according to her whims, whithout having a clue about the global picture or the practical side of things.

But yeah I agree with you about the writing.
HapHazrDMay 31, 2015 10:59 PM
Jul 13, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, I really liked interactions of Green Dragon and Haku, not to mention emotional scene with dead child that Yona could save should she acted before.

There are still some flaws but at least it's getting better.
Jul 25, 2015 7:14 AM

Jan 2013
Is Hak that dumb? After many encounters with the Green Dragon, he still didn't realize he was him, until White Dragon said so. Judging the past dragons, they respectively have their own characteristics (physical/mental) of their own kind, and Green Dragon is just like another one of them. I'm getting mad over a trivial thing though but this anime needs to be "smarter".
Oct 11, 2015 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
Haha lol that episode. Especially the beginning was sooo funny. When Hak thought Jae-ha is an pervert "ANO HENTAI" xD

I didn't expect that an kid would died this episode, that was very sad. :(

So finally Yona could also meet Jae-ha, but unfortunately he think he would be an attendant for her. But later there are some hinds where you could see that he will maybe change his mind.

That fight on the ship when Hak, Ki-ja and Shin-ah beat all the pirates and Jae-ha afterword "Senjo it's like we have 3 about my sort on the ship" :D

In the next episode Yona had to make a dangerous test to get the trust of the captain. Looking forward to see this.

Oct 24, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2010
NwAurion said:
Yona should have answered the question "what can you do?" with "i can take this 3 capable men with me when l leave". That would have shut the captain up.

lol, true.
however, this show is about princess growing up, so you can expect personal challenges. The difference between your usual ego-match is that captain's intention is not to take something away from Yona, but to keep her away from trouble.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Feb 2, 2016 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
i hate how they tell and show at the same time. like that shop when they passed by it again and they start talking about if only they intervened earlier. yes, i got that no need to repeat it.

sort of getting bored again. although i am looking forward to their time on the ship.
seeingsashaFeb 2, 2016 3:19 PM
Apr 3, 2016 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
Nice Congrats on passing the pirate test

May 18, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
Kija running around with Jaeha in a pot is so hilarious

Jaeha: I want you
*everyone starts murmuring*
Hak: I'm not into that.
Jaeha: I didn't mean it like that, I just think you're a handsome man. Why don't we talk somewhere more private?
Hak: What are you planning to do in a place where no one's around?

So this show offers not just Hak x Yona, but also Hak x Jaeha.
Aug 21, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
He got caught in such a dumb way.
Nov 9, 2016 8:29 PM
Sep 2015
NwAurion said:
Yona should have answered the question "what can you do?" with "i can take this 3 capable men with me when l leave".

Yeah, I wish she'd done that. Yona's reasoning makes no sense here - why does she need to prove anything to that pirate? Why does she even need the pirates at all? With just Hak and the two dragons, she could clean the town of its lord and his "officials" easy. Give Haku a sword and a mask, and nobody would even recognize him to tell tales.
Nov 29, 2016 5:10 PM

May 2015
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, where I put my parrot?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 23, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2015
Those bastards killed a kid... I want them to pay!
Jul 11, 2017 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, those Yona eyes. This series has some of the most intense eyes I've seen in an anime.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 22, 2017 10:56 PM

May 2013
LOL Sinha is too adorbs xDD show your pretty face and eyes, bby <3

Ahhaha, every leader in an anime likes to see GUTS!!!!!! Show Gigan your GUTS, Yona! XD
Sep 10, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
Mich666 said:
Great episode, I really liked interactions of Green Dragon and Haku, not to mention emotional scene with dead child that Yona could save should she acted before.

There are still some flaws but at least it's getting better.

Still lacking one of the dragons and series is almost over...

Will be an interesting last few episodes.
May 1, 2018 7:52 AM

Mar 2016
Yona is like... "Those officials killed a kid!? THIS MEANS WAR!!!"
Hopefully, Yona shows the captain her determination and that she's not useless in a battle.

For those who like it, turns out this show got a BL matchup too. (Legit) Hak and Jaeha
Nov 24, 2018 2:34 PM
Aug 2018
I'm feel really bad for that child that died when Yona & crew could have helped them.

Green Dragon wants to live his life not dictated by his blood. I really like this different viewpoint on destiny in the show.

I don't know why Yona didn't say to the captain that she could shoot arrows. Maybe she doesn't feel like she's strong enough yet. Now she has to put her life in danger. Sucks man

Hak and Yona better get married before the end of the show. Nice Episode.
Jun 21, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 2020
This Episode realy had it all. character developemt, (good) comedy (I count slapstick like "youre small" jokes as cheap timefiller) tension and story progression. Also: scary Yona is scary.
Oct 16, 2020 9:38 AM

May 2016
Another epic episode, the encounter was both good and well done.
Blushing Yona was so cute.
Oct 17, 2020 11:11 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really wonder what she wants her to do. Cant wait for the next ep

Jan 5, 2021 4:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Old lady has a bunch of cannon fodder who are pretty useless on her ship yet she can't accept yona, even though it is her that brought everyone together, wtf lady

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 3, 2021 7:37 AM

Jun 2020
Lollllolol!!!!!! The humour this episode had me laughing out loud. The BL-esque moments between Hak & Jaeha were so hilarious & Jaeha being stuck in that pot & couldn’t run away from Kija L O L

I burst out laughing when the captain was trying to see Shin-ah’s face & he was so shy lol so cute!!!!! Love Yun’s deadpan reactions to like.....everything lol his -_____- when Hak & Yona were “flirting”

That scene when Jaeha was so compelled by Yona’s presence that he knelt down & couldn’t move was so good. And so funny right after when they caught him Kija is so funny!!!!

I really like the captain too. She’s one cool lady

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 15, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2018
I love how Ki-Ja saw Jae-ha get his ass stuck and he realized he was the green dragon XDDD

Feb 18, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2020
Why are all these dragons so awesome? Blue is downright adorable, white is so beautiful reminds me of Yuki, and green is so cool. Already enjoying his dynamics with Hak. Yona's development is just the best, she's grown so much.
Sep 2, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
Okay, things are moving and the interactions have been fine but I found Yona going "serious" a bit funny, maybe is the way the actress' voice just goes deeper for one phrase and that's it xD
Oct 28, 2023 10:52 PM

Dec 2022
I was wondering how long it would take for them to realise that the guy Hak was with is the green dragon lmao.
Feb 7, 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
Welp, Green Dragon is in the ranks. 3 down 1 to go.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.