Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2009 5:27 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverNov 21, 2009 10:11 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2009 10:09 PM
Nov 2008
We start to see some greater improvements in Azuma x Aoba and Kou x Akane relationship in this episode (not to forget Azuma elder bro x Ichiyou).

In fact, I was rather surprised that Azuma kinda opened himself up to Aoba, regarding what happened to his brother and his attitute towards baseball. It's nice to see him encouraging Aoba to pursue her dreams and enjoy baseball in the way that Wakaba wishes her to do so too. How smart of him to approach Aoba this time when Kou is kinda busy with Akane XD

But I must say that I'm a little disappointed that they didn't address the issue that Akane knows about her resemblence to Wakaba and how this may affect how she makes contact with the Tsukishimas (Btw, did Akane made Kou deliver soba to the Tsukishimas because she wanted to avoid going there herself instead?). I hope that they'll touch on this issue soon.

Next episode: 2 months fly by again and it's time for Valentine! It's the usual "who gives and who gets", but I'm very intrigued by Azuma's line, lol. I wonder if it's there to mislead us into thinking that he confessed his "love" to Aoba (while Azuma spoke that line, the preview shows footages of him and Aoba, separately), since "付き合う" can losely refer to either "being in company with" or "get involved in a romantic relationship". LOL
Nov 22, 2009 7:19 PM

Jun 2009
I'm also intrigued by Azuma's line at the end of the preview, I wonder who he said it to.
Nov 22, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. ^_^
Nov 23, 2009 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
Oh..the twisted romance is starting

H3i said:
I'm also intrigued by Azuma's line at the end of the preview, I wonder who he said it to.
Well it's definitely Aoba..probably, Azuma's affection until now only Aoba
LaevanteinNov 23, 2009 3:06 AM
Nov 23, 2009 3:06 AM

Jul 2008
Laevantein said:
Oh..the twisted romance is starting

H3i said:
Aoba ^^
It just had to be. The episode was as wholesome as it usually is. I need more Aoba x Kou.
Nov 23, 2009 8:58 AM
Nov 2008
Not a whole lot going on in this episode, save for the Azuma Aoba conversation. Everything else was just business as usual. Next week though...I don't think I've ever been more interested in a Valentines episode XD
Nov 23, 2009 9:50 AM

Oct 2007
Well the first half was kinda meh but the second was kinda good since we got to hear something about Azuma. I am not really sure if they were trying to show AzumaXAoba or it was just a misleading.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 23, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, this was so pointless to me, except for a couple of minutes at the end. COME ON!!
Nov 23, 2009 4:04 PM
Mar 2008
This is getting complicated :)
Awesome ep as always :D
Nov 23, 2009 4:32 PM
Dec 2008
: (
This episode kinda crushes my Aoba x Kou hopes. Looks more like Aoba x Azuma and Kou x Akane : (

Oh man.
Nov 23, 2009 4:40 PM

Sep 2008
I also do hope for Aoba x Kou in the end [and it'll probably be], but Azuma x Aoba is also fine with me. But about Kou x Akane, I don't like it so much, he's attracted to her because she looks like Wakaba, that's not cool.

Can't wait for next weekend episode!
Nov 23, 2009 11:34 PM

May 2008
new year banzai!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 25, 2009 5:08 AM
Jul 2009
Nice episode. Can't wait for the next one..
Nov 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Sep 2008
fine ep ^ ^

It's New Year eve, soba restaurant is busy, so Kou helped make some deliveries(It was impossible for Akane to do all these deliveries herself O_O!)!

In New Year, Kou, Akaishi and Nakanishi went to the shrine and all of them got "uncertain luck!", while Momiji and her boyfriend candidate, Imai-kun, both got "Excellent luck!"

Nakanishi: "Shouldn't we at least get one "Excellent luck"? // Akaishi: "Maybe this place doesn't have many." // Nakanishi *after hearing what Momiji said about both her and her boyfriend getting excellent luck*: "Not many, you say?" loool, that was funny ^ ^

Kou was like "omg, what did I involve myself into?!" when he tried to tell the thief to surrender or he'll hit him with the luck paper lool (he meant the baseball which fell in the ground nearby)! Imai-kun knows Aikidou and he was the one who saved the situation!

loool @ Senda searching for Kou, Akaishi then people mistaking his name! ("Ah, wait. Yamada-kun, right?" and "I'll see you at Koshien, Manda-kun!") xDD
+ the kid with the kite and Senda accident loool

I felt kinda sorry for Aoba who felt lonely and went to move her body, batting balls.

big rofl @ Mizuki trying to take a pic of the sunrise for Aoba then seeing "low battery!" *shut down* xDD

Aoba x Kou quarrelling is great and funny as ever.

Felt sorry for Senda when he knew that the guys were waiting for him at his room when he was out looking for them!

great developments between Kou x Akane and Azuma x Aoba.

4/5 ep

Next ep, Valentine day!
all of the preview was completely priceless to me! from Kou x Aoba's conv to Azuma's "So far, you're the only one I'd consider going out with."

Seems like Azuma is finally making the move =)!

Can't wait for next ep~ (Gonna watch it after a few mins xPP~)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 2, 2009 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
Go azuma! haha
Dec 2, 2009 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
I`m still loving this show, but they really need to make some progress and soon cause it`s starting to get boring.
Also I am a bit concerned about what`s going to happen with Aoba\Kou, because I`m starting to think they might not clear this up and we`ll get an open "who will Aoba choose?" kinda ending, and that will just be wrong.
Dec 3, 2009 8:40 AM

Aug 2009
Hey does anybody know where the anime is compared to the manga?
Dec 3, 2009 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
_Gal_ said:
I`m still loving this show, but they really need to make some progress and soon cause it`s starting to get boring.
Also I am a bit concerned about what`s going to happen with AobaKou, because I`m starting to think they might not clear this up and we`ll get an open "who will Aoba choose?" kinda ending, and that will just be wrong.

kind of like: "WTF is going on between Tatsuya and Minami" from Touch, well considering hey are both Adachi, it cant be help but i certainly hope this series has a clear end in the romance department.
Dec 7, 2009 1:01 AM

Apr 2009
At first I didn't like Azuma, but since he stayed on the team, and especially once he started living with Kou, I find him really interesting now.

Must watch next ep now to see what his line refers to!!! >w<!!!
Jun 13, 2010 1:29 AM

Sep 2009
I wish there was a clear pairing for relationships. Azuma would be like the third guy for possible partner.
Oct 10, 2010 8:50 PM

Sep 2008
I loved the part where Asami's camera ran out of battery and when the dad went off to drink; fun times.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2010 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
Azuma's line in the preview is definitely intriguing...

Good second half to the episode~ Aoba "spending" New Year's with Azuma was unexpected. o_O In a way, Kou "spent" it with Akane -- at least, the end of it. I guess being together with someone during the first snow of the season (初雪) is special? This episode made it seem that way. XD
Sep 19, 2012 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
Oh god, I see where this is going. LOL
Oct 7, 2013 10:52 AM
Mar 2013
Takigawa Akane is a sweet girl but i still like Aoba the most. Come on Aoba and Kou fall in love already
Mar 9, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
Even the sunrise and camera doesn't like you Mizuki lmao.

I don't mind Azuma x Aoba ^^
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Azuma needs something besides baseball all the time. I suggest knitting, I can picture him making a little hat and a pair of gloves in between plays...hhhhmmmm... Maybe not...
Jun 24, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
Is is me or I saw an odd love polygon forming at the end..? To give further evidence, there is the fact that the clover at the end of the OP has now Koh, Akane, Aoba and Azuma in it. Also, in the preview, it look like while talking with Aoba, Azuma say ''you're the first one who gave me the desire to play him''. All ''coincidently'' happening on Valentine... :P
I just hope that in the end, Koh ends up with Aoba. I have been rooting for them for too long to let my ship sink :/

Anyway, Momiji literally have pretendant for being her boyfriend, she is as popular as her sister xD

Can't a guy help his neighbor without being misunderstood?!? Well, I must admit it looked suspicious... x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 9, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
When i saw the Quiz i had rather large Grin on my face thinking "good on yah Momiji"
And her boyfriend TOOK DOWN A THUG...what...
Mizuki the guy who actually just exists only to fail at hitting on aoba -slowly claps-
Im seeing a bit of Azuma x Aoba little by little each episode as of late
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 11, 2015 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
Senda had that coming for a long time. Other than that this one was boring.
Jan 18, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
Mostly a slow episode.
I hope Aoba tries out for the national team.
Jan 3, 2016 2:22 AM

Jun 2009
this development could be interesting.
Feb 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
It was an interesting episode. Aside from the team bonding and Senda being an idiot (like usual), the most interesting part to me was Azuma's conversation with Aoba. On the one hand I'm partial to trying to make the dream come true because (I guess?) I'm a sentimental person, but on the other Azuma has a point in saying that Wakaba probably wouldn't want Aoba to give up her dreams because of Wakaba's dream. There's not an easy answer to that.

As for the romance side of things, I'm warming up to the idea of Kou and Akane, slowly. While it's true that Kou and Aoba definitely care about each other now, I don't think that necessarily must translate to romance, and to be honest I think that potential was the only reason Azuma waited so long to get to know Aoba better in the first place. With Akane present, there's more of a buffer that makes it "safer" or more acceptable for him to get to know her-- although I can't really say if he has any interest in her beyond friendship due to their similar sibling situation.

I guess you could say there's more than one route I would be comfortable with. I would definitely like to get to know Akane's personality better, whatever the case may be, particularly things that might distinguish her from Wakaba more. We've spent many episodes getting to know the characters of Kou, Aoba, and Azuma, but Akane's personality isn't much more developed than, say, Nakanishi's. She needs to be developed more if she's going to make those three into a four-leaf clover.

On a side note, Momiji spending time with her "boyfriend" was cute. It's both amusing and believable for her to consider him a "candidate"-- she has both Wakaba's social grace and Aoba's spunkiness, after all. Given how their dad is, I'm wondering if the spirited traits in the daughters came from their mom.

The characterization in this series is subtle, but very very good.
Jul 8, 2016 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
oooooh i kind of like Azuma x Aoba.....like a lot....yeah he was a jerk in the beginning but i'm warming up to him. i like how different they are, they suit each other quite nicely. i know it won't happen though. the Aoba x Kou ending is kind of obvious. if this anime actually doesn't end up being Aoba x Kou, i will give huge props to the author for not being cliche.

on the other hand.....Akane x Kou is meh. Akane is not Wakaba, yeah they might look alike and have similar personality traits. but she doesn't have all those memories with Kou, neither does she know much about him. i just feel like this relationship is forced.

overall, i just don't like the addition of Wakaba #2 to the show. it feels unnecessary and kind of a waste. unless the author is trying to show us something, such as "what if Wakaba was still alive?" but at the same time, it's not the same as if she actually was alive. she's dead, it's already happened. they won't forget that

(just going to root for Azuma, even though it's hopeless)

(i really hope Azuma x Akane doesn't become a thing....that would be too cliche)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 5:42 AM

Feb 2013
Kou helped with the soba delivery and Senda was lonely on the first day of the year.
May 10, 2020 4:24 PM

Apr 2016
I think I will ship Kou and Akane from now on, sorry Aoba xD
Aug 16, 2020 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
Senda may be a self aware annoyance most of the time, felt sad he missed hanging out with his friends...on the other end glad that incestuous cousin Mizuki went solo to the mountain with an empty camera.

Oct 19, 2020 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
omg is that an azuma x aoba hint in the preview?! i love the kou x aoba ship so much but honestly azuma might be better for aoba, he pushes her to follow her dream and doesn't ignore her like kou has been doing. but i hate akane x kou it seems so forced. akane still doesn't have a personality, i still don't see the point of her role other than to complicate things... meh. she is like mizuki without the incest
Jan 1, 2022 10:40 PM

Jan 2018
Happy New Year
I swear it's a coincidence that I watched this episode on January 2, 2022. Close enough to new year's day.

Momiji in the quiz segment is shorter than the one who actually appears in the episode. That's kinda trippy.
I like her sassiness in selecting a boyfriend lol.

Senda got some beating but it was kinda sad he missed out hanging out with his baseball club friends. It was the result of his own stupidity though. Speaking of stupidity, the show keeps making fun of Mizuki. I don't even understand why he was introduced in the first place. AobaxYuuhei makes so much more sense and is more interesting.

Even though I prefer KoxAoba by a longshot, KoxAkane pairing is starting to look good.
Yuuhei was so expressionless for the majority of the show so much I didn't even consider a potential romantic pairing of him with someone. I didn't believe that he'd be interested in Aoba but it makes sense now. What if he actually stayed in Seishu not for Ko and the others but for Aoba? I remember when Aoba pitched against him in first year during the reign of coach Daimon and that must've made a hell of an impression.

Seems like we're moving from New Year's straight to Valentine's day in the next episode. I have no complaints. I just hope now that the team's in their 3rd year they'll finally make it to Koshien.
0451Apr 17, 2022 11:21 PM
Apr 17, 2022 11:02 PM

Aug 2017
0451 said:
Happy New Year
AobaxYuuhei makes so much more sense and is more interesting.

Even though I prefer KoxAoba by a longshot, KoxAkane pairing is starting to look good.
Yuuhei was so expressionless for the majority of the show so much I didn't even consider a potential romantic pairing of him with someone. I didn't believe that he'd be interested in Aoba but it makes sense now. What if he actually stayed in Seishu not for Ko and the others but for Aoba? I remember when Aoba pitched against him in first year during the reign of coach Daimon and that must've made a hell of an impression.
First time posting on this show. It's a good one.

Agree with you, Aoba x Azuma is not a bad pairing. Aoba's baseball game episodes were some of my favorite ones. I liked them more than the boys' baseball games.

And Ko x Akane might be better than Ko x Aoba. I usually like tsunderes, but Aoba is pushing it. How much can a guy take of "you stink, you're lazy, your shirts have holes" before going for the sweet artist instead? Aoba has a better tan, body and fanservice but still...too much tsuntsun not enough dere.

HectorBlaze said:
I think I will ship Kou and Akane from now on, sorry Aoba xD
Right on

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.