Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Monster-Kun is back...

It was okay episode, not as emotional as the previous but had its points. Noel is gone and obviously some of them misses her. Hell, I even miss her and that smile she has on almost every episode. I think Nonoka misses her the most though. Also looks like Shione is back.
Dec 21, 2014 7:46 AM

May 2009
I haven't watch episode yet, but I looked up at screenshots on 2ch...
Did they make alternate reality episode? Second to last episode as alternate reality? Are they retarded?
Dec 21, 2014 7:59 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Looks like after the disappearance of Noel, a reversal of time has occurred where the saucer doesn't exist and no one except Nonoka herself and Shione remembers Noel.

It's either that or just another case of alternate reality. Are they trying to copy Glasslip here? O.o

Below average episode. Almost nothing happened other than Nonoka asking around about Noel and Shione saving her from denial.

Dec 21, 2014 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
Time went back? Only Nonoka and Shione remember things which happened when Noel came with saucer. Interesting. Totally unexpected.
5/5

@up
This situation is totally different than that one in glasslip.
rsc-plDec 21, 2014 8:11 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 21, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2010
That was pretty interesting.

In a near perfect world where Souta, Yuzuki and Koharu are really friendly to Nonoka. Nothing bad in the past happened and Souta and Yuzuki are already in good terms.

The others wanting to believe in Nonoka that Noel existed. I did like how she doubted herself after a while and decided to record everything as she might forget.

Everyone getting a feeling that they are missing something. Shione coming back and cast away any doubts Nonoka had. It was a nice scene with the two standing in the overgrowth. It was a pretty interesting episode as a "what if episode" which the saucer hasn't come which does make sense as it was the cause that broke Souta and Yuzuki apart.

Noel coming back to change everything. I do like this sort of reunion.
Dec 21, 2014 8:04 AM

Jan 2012
It's kinda fitting that this episode was completely and totally unnecessary, existing only for the sake of drama, since that's pretty much my overall opinion of the series at this point.
Dec 21, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2012
Worse than a usual episode.
Dec 21, 2014 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
Twas an ok ep.

They went a couple months back into the past, the saucer wasn't there and only Nonoka and Shione remember Noel.

Dec 21, 2014 8:28 AM

May 2013
Well that was weird. Only Nonoka and Shione remembers Noel. Wonder why that is.
Dec 21, 2014 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
Seriously? I fucking hate it when a series does this stupid alternate reality crap. Why couldn't they just have ended it last week rather than aimlessly dragging it out like this. I'm not even halfway through and I know that this will be a terrible, meaningless episode. What a waste of time. Sometimes a show just needs to know when to end rather than wasting time with meaningless crap.

EDIT: Wasn't it said that Shione had moved away in this reality? If so, where the hell did she magically appear from to be able to talk to Nonoka at the end?
AtavisticDec 21, 2014 8:46 AM
Dec 21, 2014 8:44 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
rsc-pl said:
Time went back? Only Nonoka and Shione remember things which happened when Noel came with saucer. Interesting. Totally unexpected.
5/5

@up
This situation is totally different than that one in glasslip.

Situation is different because we don't have someone like Touko having an alternate reality vision? Even if that's not the case and it's a matter of time reversal, mediocre episode is still mediocre.

Dec 21, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2014
This show is fucking trash.
Glasslip managed to be funny, even if unintentionally. This is just plain awful.

The only saving grace to be found during the episode was the background music.
I mean, just give us more Noel screen time, I believe 80% of the viewers who made it until here only stayed around this long for her/it/whatever.
Dec 21, 2014 9:27 AM

Jul 2008
danieltortoisee said:
EDIT: Wasn't it said that Shione had moved away in this reality? If so, where the hell did she magically appear from to be able to talk to Nonoka at the end?

I'm guessing that Shione probably had a similar experience that Nonoka had; suddenly waking up in the past with no one around her remembering what she remembers. So I'm guessing because of that she probably got on the soonest bus/train/whatever she could to get to that town. Also by what she's wearing she appears to be in 'vacation mode', so she doesn't live there are the moment. (again, I'm just guessing here)
Dec 21, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
danieltortoisee said:

Nonoka's consciousness from what we've been watching seems to have traveled into that alternate reality or whatever is going on. It would seem the same applies to Shione, so it'd make sense that she'd travel there to check if the others are in the same mental position she is. Remember it happened the day after the consciousness swap, so she had more than enough time to travel there. Edit: Seems the poster above me beat me to it

Not going to defend the episode though, really did not like it at all.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Dec 21, 2014 9:48 AM

Jan 2013
Why did they use the last two episodes for an alternate reality without the saucer and Noel? Everyone except Shione and Nonoka forgot about it and now they're back to the beginning of the story...I don't think that makes a lot of sense, they should have ended the anime with the 11th episode.

Dec 21, 2014 9:58 AM
Dec 2014
Didn't really expect this scenario. I was thinking that their life would continue after Noel's disapperance, and the last episode would be Noel returning to that city and reunite with them. I was really surprised though; in general this episode was pretty normal, nothing so special, just Nonoka trying to make people remember things about them and Noel. Still, I like the ending and I'm looking forward to the last episode of Sora no Method.
Dec 21, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 2009
Ep.12

Wait....I thought this is the final ep...

Wait....this show just pulled off the alternative universe / different world line / time loop /plot?

It is, in fact, really the old "are we forgetting someone?" plot but they added in [time travel] or [alternative universe] element to make it more interesting. I kind of like it, I think.

WOW!....the animation, music and background artwork are really beautiful in this ep.

AND!...That Nonoka x Shione moment at the end XD

Good ep. Can't wait to see how it will end in the next ep.
Marina2Dec 21, 2014 10:15 AM
Dec 21, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Time went back, I don't think so.

Nonoka and Shione probably in the world of alternative universe where saucer doesn't exist.

No one remember Noel except Nonoka and Shione.
Dec 21, 2014 11:04 AM
Oct 2013
Hard to rate this show high unless the next episode explains well or surprises me a lot.
Dec 21, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2013
I gather that Nonoka and Shione remember Noel because they were closest to her. Shione had originally wanted to call the saucer, and Nonoka had initially met Noel.

Also Shinone and Nonoka have the closest connection among all the friends.
Dec 21, 2014 12:48 PM
May 2014
This was completely unnecessary. What's the point of having two extra episodes in an alternate timeline?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 21, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
HOLD!!

Can't they call the saucer again now?? If they do that and wish to be together with Noel, then problem solved! . . . . .I think!

I just want to see a happy ending damn it!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Dec 21, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2014
YES.
Been waiting the entire show for this episode, this is what I'm here for, Sora no Method, suprise me, make me think "what the fuck are you doing now?" Do something new, damn, took you long enough.
Too bad this pretty much means no bittersweet ending and what'll happen next episode is pretty predictable, but I'm looking forward to it, I might get pleasantly suprised again.
Dec 21, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Omg, this is GLASSLIP all over again.
Dec 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
it took me about an hour to finish this, way too boring.

1 more episode to go, and i'm finally free of this. The only good thing this series have is the ED song.
Dec 21, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2010
Shione's outfit was rather simple this time and more lady like then what she usually wears.
Personally i like what she usually wears more but i can live with this.

Anyway it seems that only Shione and Nonoka remember the question is how are they going to solve things now and what will they do about the others?
It's questionable wether Noel will return and convincing the others might be hard.
Dec 21, 2014 3:34 PM
Oct 2013
Love this ep.
And what if "the alternate reality" was the world with Noel and the "true" world was a world whithout Noel.

I mean I love Noel, and that would be truly painful for me to say that, but maybe she never exists. I believe there is a link between Nonoka's mother and Noel, dont know why but there is something big coming for the last episode.

I totally disagree with poeple finding this "deus ex machina" useless! This episodes saves the show, the reaction of Sota, Koharu etc are way more realistic than in all the 11 episodes we saw before.

Best episode of the show so far!
Dec 21, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2014
Whoa, for a few minutes, I thought they were going to do the "it was all just a dream" a$$pull.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Dec 21, 2014 4:33 PM

Mar 2014
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
Whoa, for a few minutes, I thought they were going to do the "it was all just a dream" a$$pull.
That's not what asspulls are.
Dec 21, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
Crez said:
HOLD!!

Can't they call the saucer again now?? If they do that and wish to be together with Noel, then problem solved! . . . . .I think!

I just want to see a happy ending damn it!

Yeah that's seemed like the obvious outcome for a while now, looks like they'll actually go for it. And make little to no impact.
Dec 21, 2014 6:44 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't they do some Alternate reality stuff in another recent anime as well?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 21, 2014 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
... O_o

Did Sora no Method: The Saucer We Called That Day suddenly turn into The Disappearance of Noel?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 21, 2014 7:24 PM
Mar 2014
Guessing Shione's camera somehow affects her
Dec 21, 2014 8:16 PM

May 2010
Zadion said:
... O_o

Did Sora no Method: The Saucer We Called That Day suddenly turn into The Disappearance of Noel?
LOL. Yes it did exactly XD
Dec 21, 2014 8:29 PM

Jun 2014
man that felt SUPER frustrating. I just knew that headphones girl remembered Noel too. They were the 2 closest to her. And it looks like everyone else is feeling like something is missing too.
Hope the last episode is a memorable one.
Though I have an idea of whats going to happen.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 21, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Well I think it's safe to say nobody fucking saw this coming.

So Nonoka wakes up in he car like it was all just a dream. She remembers, but not only did she wake up like 5 months in the past, but she's basically in an alternate reality where the saucer never showed up.

How that even happened though makes no sense. After Noel granted everyone's wish she turned back time to an alternate universe? I hope this gets explained.

Somehow Shione remembers. Lookin pretty fine in her summer get up.

As long as all this shit gets fixed next week and we get Noel back for a few more kawaii scenes I'll be happy.
Dec 21, 2014 10:28 PM

Mar 2010
wow that plot twist. Well one more ep to explain things.
Dec 21, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
well that's one way to get some extra episodes out, if this ends badly you can at least try and picutre ep 11 as the ending :P
Dec 22, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2013
That was quite interesting.
So I guess that in the end, they will all call the saucer again ?
Dec 22, 2014 7:02 AM

Apr 2013
They should have ended this with the previous episode.
Dec 22, 2014 7:32 AM

Feb 2014
"We've been living all this time without knowing the little girl that you, old friend who just came back for the first time in 7 years, are telling us to remember although she has never existed in our world. We didn't believe you a couple hours ago and even dismissed all your shit, but now we suddenly feel like something is missing..."

Do I need to say that I'm struggling to find this believable?
Dec 22, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
So only Nonoka and Shione remeber Noel? Strange, maybe its because of their wishes? So they arent supposed to froget because Shione asked to love her friends and others, and Nonoka for everyone to be happy. So without memories of Noel, their dream wouldnt be true?

Well anyways 5/5, I thought it was funny how this episode where all there dreams came true just made them all even more depressed xD
Dec 22, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty interesting to see "what if" Noel/Saucer never exist in that city !!

But in the next one it will be explain all
Dec 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2010
I was wondering how they were going to extend this by two episodes, but now I know! We definitely need one more episode to explain what happened to Noel, and why only Nonoka and Shione can remember her. I'm sure it will be an emotional finale...
Dec 22, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2014
so time when back and only Nonoka and Shione remember what happen on other time-line. @@
Dec 22, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Didn't they do some Alternate reality stuff in another recent anime as well?

The third film of Madoka ?
Dec 22, 2014 8:55 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode as usual! :) Only one episode left!
Dec 22, 2014 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
The background music in this episode was so eargasmic. I can't wait for the OSTs to come out.

Totally didn't expect them to pull the time reverse plot/alternate reality or whatever you call it. Last episode seems predictable but I hope it doesn't play out as we all expected.
Dec 23, 2014 6:01 AM

Nov 2009
The observatory buiding in ep.12 seems to be abandoned years longer than in the first timeline. Did Noel freeze the time around here in the first world line???

KibouNoRyuu said:
"We've been living all this time without knowing the little girl that you, old friend who just came back for the first time in 7 years, are telling us to remember although she has never existed in our world. We didn't believe you a couple hours ago and even dismissed all your shit, but now we suddenly feel like something is missing..."

Do I need to say that I'm struggling to find this believable?

It is beliveable if you view the situation as

[Their memory has been locked away for years unitil Nonoka unlocked it for them] or [The worldline are merging together so characters can have the memory from other worldline] or [They are the same characters from the old worldline but their memory got written over so they don't remember what happened in the old worldline except Nonoka and Shione who are special]
Marina2Dec 23, 2014 6:13 AM
Dec 23, 2014 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my now this is all fcked up...
At least Shione remembered. I like this Shione better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ejc - Dec 13, 2014

65 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.