Forum Settings
Forums

Shooting Game 'Gunslinger Stratos' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2015

New
Dec 9, 2014 5:40 AM

Nov 2007
Several announcements were made during today's press conference for the game from Square Enix, Gunslinger Stratos. They included a TV anime adaptation titled Gunslinger Stratos the Animation set to air Spring 2015.

Synopsis:
In the 22nd century, an island that used to be called Japan is now called "Seventeenth Far East Imperial City Management District." People who live a simple life believe that everyday will be same; however, a disease called "deglation" attacks people. "Deglation" is a disease where people crumble like sand for no reason. The disease slowly destroys the world.

A normal student named Tooru Kazasumi somehow gets involved in an argument in another world called "Frontier S (Stratos)." That also means fighting with another self.

It's a war between two worlds.
(Source: rough translation from the official site)

Staff
Original: Gen Urobuchi
Director: Shinpei Ezaki
Script Produce: Nitroplus
Series Composition: Norimitsu Kaihou
Character Desgin: Shinichi Yokota
Music: Tetsuya Kobayashi
Studio: A-1 Pictures

Cast
Tooru Kazasumi: Atsushi Abe
Kyouka Katakiri: Hisako Kanemoto
Kyouma Katakiri: Masakazu Nishida
Remy Odhner: Miyuki Sawashiro
Shizune Rindou: Kana Ueda
Ryuu Kusakage: Soichiro Hoshi
Akira Rakandou: Rikiya Koyama
Olga Janetine: Sayaka Ohara
Aaron Burroughs: Takehito Koyasu
Jonathan Sizemore: Yumiko Kobayashi
ξ988: Saki Fujita
Mondo Makabe: Yousuke Akimoto
Lyudmila N. Ignatova: Saori Hayami
Matsurika Shinou: Mariya Ise
Srinivasa Sen: Tooru Ookawa
Kumi Minakata: Nana Mizuki

Trailer: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=755055924588236

Anime official site: http://www.guns-project.jp/
Game official site: http://gunslinger-stratos.jp/gs2/

Source: Dengeki

Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation on MAL
tsubasaloverMay 28, 2016 10:44 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 9, 2014 5:43 AM

Feb 2011
Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
Dec 9, 2014 5:44 AM
Dec 9, 2014 5:45 AM

Dec 2012
Not-Your-Country trailer can be seen here:

Dec 9, 2014 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, that staff list...

It looks like another Spring title as well. I'll wait to see how this goes. The PV video seems to be blocked btw in some countries.
Dec 9, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
> Urobuchi
> A-1 Pictures

Inb4 he only writes the first 3 episodes, and has nothing to do with the characters.

I might check it out though, it could be a fun watch next Spring.
Dec 9, 2014 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
Looks interesting. don't have high expectations doe.
Dec 9, 2014 5:55 AM

Mar 2012
>Gen Urobuchi

Finally, more suffering continues.

>A-1 Pictures

EWWWWWW!!!!!!!
OH GOD NO!!!!!
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m getting tired of that shitty studio.
it`s giving me Cancer and Ebola at the same time ;_;
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 9, 2014 5:56 AM

Oct 2013
O_O not sure what to think tbh
[/quote]
Dec 9, 2014 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Also really unfamiliar with the director so far.

Well, I did a quick search and seems like he was involved with storyboard/ episode director roles including shows like SnK, Guilty Crown, Kimi ni Todoke, etc
Dec 9, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2013
Urobuchi + A-1 That staff list though.
Might give it a try.
OSOI!
Dec 9, 2014 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
Brace yourselves generic A-1 anime incoming.
Dec 9, 2014 6:13 AM
May 2013
Is this another Aldnoah.Zero? Please do not do that again mister Gen Urobuchi!
Dec 9, 2014 6:17 AM

Feb 2009
zellami said:
Not-Your-Country trailer can be seen here:

This is the video for the game and not for the anime. The timestamp is March of last year.

Official website of the game if anyone is curious.
A video of the gameplay as well.
Dec 9, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
Seems shitty.
Dec 9, 2014 6:20 AM
Aug 2012
BotatoPriest said:
> Urobuchi
> A-1 Pictures

Inb4 he only writes the first 3 episodes, and has nothing to do with the characters.

The show or the threads?

Dec 9, 2014 6:23 AM

Nov 2013
Stark700 said:
Also really unfamiliar with the director so far.

Well, I did a quick search and seems like he was involved with storyboard/ episode director roles including shows like SnK, Guilty Crown, Kimi ni Todoke, etc
Well, this explains the Guilty Crown vibes I had.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
BotatoPriest said:
> Urobuchi
> A-1 Pictures

The show or the threads?
Both, if we're lucky.
Dec 9, 2014 6:29 AM

Jan 2014
Gen urobutchi eh? i might watch the anime the premise sound good anyways.

i always wondered why many studio hire gen only to have him write a few episodes
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Dec 9, 2014 6:42 AM

Jun 2008
I'm interested, but this will not be on my priority list.
Dec 9, 2014 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
Looks interesting but I'm getting tired of all these game adaptations...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Dec 9, 2014 6:49 AM

Mar 2014
Was expecting something different from the title, something more western perhaps.
Does sound like something Urobuchi would write though, nice staff list too, not to mention the seiyuu list, my god, the character designs remind me a bit of Persona but only the guy who did the music for that is working on this, music was also good.
Watching it for sure.
Dec 9, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2012
tbh I have never played the game . but I will give the anime a try.

Dec 9, 2014 6:53 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, could be an entertaining action flick. I might check out the first episode when it eventually airs.
Dec 9, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
wow. so this time the ppl don't turn to stone (ZnT) or to crystals (Guilty Crown) but they instead turn into sand!

You've done it again Urobutchi. It's a critical masterpiece!
Dec 9, 2014 7:02 AM
Apr 2014
i like how ppl are saying that anime arent mainly for kids, yet 99% of protagonists are kids (highschoolers), it says something
elemeledudkiDec 9, 2014 7:06 AM
Dec 9, 2014 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
wow. so this time the ppl don't turn to stone (ZnT) or to crystals (Guilty Crown) but they instead turn into sand!

You've done it again Urobutchi. It's a critical masterpiece!
Ayy praise the lord!
Dec 9, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
>Gen Urobuchi
>A-1 Pictures

*sigh* I hope its not like Aldnoah.zero
Dec 9, 2014 7:24 AM
Oct 2009
Gunslinger Girl + Infinite Stratos
Dec 9, 2014 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
>a-1 pictures
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 9, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2009
Sigh, another show Urobuchi will be involved with the story, but he won't end up writing the show at all.
I just wish he would do less shows, and the shows he does end up doing would have a script written by him entirely.

The first three episodes of Aldnoah Zero (especially the third) were absolutely amazing, but everything after that (so the episodes that Urobuchi didn't write) were kind of disappointing, especially the "shock" ending and the fact that apparently almost all of the characters that supposedly
Dec 9, 2014 7:29 AM

Oct 2010
>Series Composition: Gakkou Gurashi writer.

I know what to expect on this. A SoL Drama Horror or something those lines but Gen Urobuchi doing this kind of genre? Oh please no more similar to Gargantia.
Dec 9, 2014 7:50 AM

Nov 2008
Synopsis sounds like a mess, game adaptations usually suck and the trailer isn't exactly impressive. I do like Urobuchi, but I'm not sure how much he's really got to do with this. Some nice voice actors, I guess.
Could be alright, but I'm not really expecting a whole lot.
Dec 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2008
I want to see the game ported to Vita, PS3, or PS4 more than to see the anime.

Dec 9, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
Looks really stupid to be honest.
Dec 9, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2010
Synopsis does indeed sound like a mess...But I will check it out atleast.
Dec 9, 2014 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
Speaking of ports, there is a port of this game announced but only for PC and can only be accessed in Japan

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/gunslinger-stratos-reloaded-announced-pc

Dec 9, 2014 8:02 AM

Dec 2013
And what's with these character designs? Hair colors are taken from a rainbow, not to mention a loli wearing a maid uniform.
Dec 9, 2014 8:03 AM

Nov 2012
A normal student

No. No no no no no. Why always students? The concept seems 'OK', but Jesus, why students? Can't something at least not have a school setting?

Also, more game adaptations. Great. //Sarcasm

So when is Karneval getting a second season?

Edit: What the fuck is up with those character designs?
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Dec 9, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
mlcdl said:

I know what to expect on this. A SoL Drama Horror or something those lines but Gen Urobuchi doing this kind of genre? Oh please no more similar to Gargantia.
B-but Gargantia's SoL episodes were amazing. This looks like a ruined city type setting so I doubt there'll be school at all.
Dec 9, 2014 8:17 AM

Nov 2013
That staff and cast list.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Dec 9, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
Well it wouldn't hurt trying. Nothing to do anyway.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 9, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
Paulo27 said:
mlcdl said:

B-but Gargantia's SoL episodes were amazing. This looks like a ruined city type setting so I doubt there'll be school at all.

I really don't like the sci-fi suppose to be story of Gargantia ended up focusing with SoL for the development.

Well beside that, I'm rather indifferent. I intend to check this once it is out but without expectation. After all Gen Urobuchi work on anime like Aldnoah and Psycho-Pass 2 is more of adviser for script instead of the one dealing with it.
Dec 9, 2014 8:33 AM

Aug 2014
SnazzGary said:
A normal student

No. No no no no no. Why always students? The concept seems 'OK', but Jesus, why students? Can't something at least not have a school setting?

Students aren't inherently bad protagonists, but "normal student" is a red flag for this sketchy synopsis.
Dec 9, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Kamima said:
SnazzGary said:

Students aren't inherently bad protagonists, but "normal student" is a red flag for this sketchy synopsis.

Thing as ''normal student'' in Japan is huge it seems.
Dec 9, 2014 8:39 AM
Mar 2010
Hmmmmmmmmm. So Urobuchi is not really doing the script, is he? He's just responsible for the original concept? Tch. I want a full fledged Urobuchi TV anime again. Anyway, this looks like it could be really great or really bad but...hmm.

Its a mixed cast so that's a plus from me but its a game adaptation and I tend to stay away from those. But its too early to judge things. I'll give it an episode or two.

SnazzGary said:
A normal student

Its been said before but usually anime with adults as main characters usually don't do well in disc sales. I'd like to see more adults as main protagonists in anime too.

Also, I'd like a Karneval remake soon and THEN a second season. Karneval is so good...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 9, 2014 8:46 AM

Mar 2014
Miyuki Sawashiro and Nana Mizuki? Sure, I'll give it a try
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 9, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
Well it does look interesting, Might look up the game now too.
Dec 9, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2012

Its been said before but usually anime with adults as main characters usually don't do well in disc sales. I'd like to see more adults as main protagonists in anime too.

Also, I'd like a Karneval remake soon and THEN a second season. Karneval is so good...

Huh, I don't know if I'd classify that as weird, but that sucks. I like older protagonists, like in seinen. I mean, teenagers are cool and all, but a change would be nice, ya know?

True that. True that. I liked the first season, but it seemed fast paced, and they left out so much comedy and development for Gareki. And Gareki is one of the best characters in terms of development.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Dec 9, 2014 9:04 AM

Aug 2011
Nano OP please.

Dec 9, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
Thanks for he news !
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Mcxgamecaster_YT »»
19 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
2 hours ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
6 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
8 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.